Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'-1"

Red face Plodding along...

Ever notice how the first couple of weeks of dieting just plain SUCKS!? I mean the first few are great, you are full of great ideas, awesome ambitions, and night time dreams of those jeans making your butt look phenomenal. Well, here I am. Week 2. Still haven't weighed myself... maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. At any rate, I just wanted to share a few minor milestones for me.

***Passed by McDonald's after work and DIDN'T get dinner there.
***Cleared a bunch of old clothes out of my house from when I was thinner, haven't accepted the obesity, just don't want to dwell on what was... I want to look forward to what will be.
***Started eating my 5 meals at 1500 calories religiously. Well, not the calorie counting part so much... it's been between 1475 and 1550 though..
***Went to a steakhouse with my fiance... I ordered a grilled chicken salad with fat free dressing.
***Moved the old belt over 2 notches.
***Picking up new treadmill this weekend!!

So, those are my little milestones. They may seem silly but looking back at them like this... makes me feel good. What are some of the changes that you guys are the most proud of??
DanielleLynnMichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #2  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Those are awesome milestones! Good for you! I remember the days of fighting with myself about going through a McDonald's drive-thru, and now it doesn't even tempt me. Enjoy the new treadmill ~ you'll be able to move your belt down even more!!

Some changes that I am most proud of include:

* Quitting smoking
* Drinking water every day, all day (except yesterday when I had pop...not doing that again for a while ~ it practically burned my throat going down!)
* Being excited about what I eat and taking the time to enjoy it instead of gorging mindlessly on anything I can find
* Sticking with calorie counting since January 3rd - I tried it before years ago and it didn't stick, but it is this time
* Enjoying (yes, enjoying) exercising!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #3  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleLynnMichaels View Post
So, those are my little milestones. They may seem silly but looking back at them like this... makes me feel good. What are some of the changes that you guys are the most proud of??
First of all, not little milestones!! Secondly, definitely NOT silly! All of these wonderful changes going on equal ONE HUGE SUCCESS that you can embrace and be proud of. Which, I know you are! Keep up the wonderful job you are doing!

In the past I used to do really well for the 1st couple weeks too and then fizzle out but that was because I wasn't 100% dedicating myself. But now I am going on 2 months with no cheating (or depriving) and I am gung-ho for the gym. I guess those two things are what I am most proud of right now.

I'm also proud of ---
> Passing McDonald's in the morning AND night. Now I don't even think about it.

> My positive attitude when it comes to almost everything these days. My self esteem is so much better!

> No longer craving attention (good or bad) from men. I validate myself now.

ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #4  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Really, really good stuff Danielle!! I agree with you that it can be hard at first, you feel much more of the 'I can't do this or that', before some of the big rewards start setting in. But it sounds like you are in a really good place in your head, and now one foot in front of the other till it becomes ingrained. If you are anything like me, once you start seeing the fruits of your labor, you will really start to feel like every bit of it is SO worth it.

Good for you! And I really hope to see you around here regularly!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote