Chicks up for a Challenge - Autumn Beauties-March Check-In (All Are Welcome)

Monique
02-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Hey, Autumn Beauties! Welcome to the March thread and as always, ANYONE is welcome to join in at any time.

The March Challenge:
1. Set a simple weight loss goal for the month of March.
2. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to work-out in March.
3. Set a goal of how many days you’re going to VISIT THIS THREAD and check in with us. This is important and a great way to stay on track.
4. Anything else you’d like to track here for the month, please do!

Bonuses (Should You Choose To Except Them…)

5. On the days you do your usual workouts, you must add on the following for a few minutes:
A) Choose either jogging in place or jumping jacks.
B) Choose the NUMBER of minutes you will do jog in place/do jumping jacks (ex: 3 minutes) and time yourself and make sure you do it! You may switch off and do each exercise if you wish.
C) Set a goal of how many days you will be doing this. It’s up to you (ex: 10 days).
D) That’s it, have fun!

6. One of my strong points when it comes to losing weight is working out and maybe that goes for many of us. I’ve always heard that you wanna get a good sweat going for at least 20 minutes while working out because THAT’S what’s going to burn those calories. So this number six challenge will help us really FOCUS on that. I want you to workout until you SWEAT, SWEAT, SWEAT! Set a goal of how many days you will do this and make it happen. This is important because there are days where, yes, we get our workout in but we don’t sweat much or not at all. Work hard, and sweat it out, put some extra *UMPH* in your workouts on the "sweat" days. LOL!

So, I believe that is everything, Autumn Beauties! Let’s do it!

Monique's Goals For March:

1. I'd like to lose at least six pounds this month.
2. I'd like to work out for at least 20 days this month.

Day 1: Hip Hop Abs + some push-ups, a little bit of weights
Day 2: Michael Jackson: The Experience (Danced To A Few Songs)+ weights, some ab work to some music
Day 3: Hip Hop Abs, Walk At Home + some ab work
Day 4: 5 Miles Of the Walk At Home program + some ab work
Day 5: Michael Jackson: The Experience
Day 6: 30 minutes of rebounding + some arm and ab work
Day 7: Hip Hop Abs + some arm and ab work
TWO OFF DAYS
Day 8: Michael Jackson: The Experience (Danced To A Few Songs)
Day 9: 15 minutes of rebounding + 10 minutes of other body work
Day 10: 30 minutes of jogging during "I Love Lucy" and arm work during the commercial breaks
Day 11: Hip Hop Abs
Day 12:
3. I plan to visit this thread at least 15 days this month (smilie for each day). :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
4. ***I will keep a close eye on my diet this month and eat five times a day.***
5. I will jog in place for at least three minutes after my usual workout is over for at least 15 days this month.

Day 1: I did a jog/jumping jack combo for three minutes straight.
Day 2: I did a jog/jumping jack combo for three minutes straight.
Day 3: 3 minutes of jogging in place.
Day 4: 3 minutes of jogging in place.
Day 5: I did a jog/jumping jack combo for three minutes straight.
Day 6: I did a jog/jumping jack combo for three minutes straight.
Day 7: 3 minutes of jogging in place.

6. I will make sure I get my heart rate up and SWEAT for at least 15 workouts this month (smilie for each day).:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Please join us! I look forward to a great month with all of you :)

Monique

Emme
02-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Hey Monique ~ thanks for starting the March thread! I hope some new people join us - it's always great to see people get involved. And I'm looking forward to seeing our current AB ladies!

1. I would like to lose 5 pounds throughout March
2. I am going to work out 4 times a week throughout March
3. It helps me to check in daily ~ it keeps me accountable and I enjoy seeing how everyone is doing...we are our own little community!

Bonuses (Should You Choose To Except Them…)

I am going to jog in place and/or dance around for at least 5 minutes four times a week. Time to throw on the hubby's Ipod and get goofy (with the blinds closed, of course)!

I weigh-in every Friday, so I'll weigh in on March 1st and then every Friday through March 31st.

Good luck to everyone!

March 1st weigh in ~ 187.0
March 4 ~ 186.4 Grrrr to PMS water retention....
March 11 ~ 184.8 (-1.6)
March 18 ~ 184.2 (-0.6)
March 25 ~ 184.2 (no change)
March 31 ~

pattypaw
02-28-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm new, I hope you don't mind me joining you here!

1. I would like to lose at least 5 lbs. in march
2. I plan to work out 5 days each week in march
3. I will check in everyday (i do that anyways, although i haven't posted, but i will)
4. I plan on drinking more water ( right now i only drink about 3 glasses a day)

5. I will do 2 min of jumping jacks after each workout

Emme
03-01-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm new, I hope you don't mind me joining you here!

1. I would like to lose at least 5 lbs. in march
2. I plan to work out 5 days each week in march
3. I will check in everyday (i do that anyways, although i haven't posted, but i will)
4. I plan on drinking more water ( right now i only drink about 3 glasses a day)

5. I will do 2 min of jumping jacks after each workout

Hi pattypaw! Welcome to the thread! It sounds like you have some great goals. Drinking a ton of water is so good for you. I drank 20 oz. of diet pepsi yesterday (something I haven't done in months) and this morning I was a tad up on the scale...I'm hoping it is just the sodium/bloatedness from the pop and the salt I added to my air-popped popcorn last night...blech...

Good luck to you!

GettinFit
03-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Good morning Beauties,

It's a new month! I can't believe it's already March.

:welcome: to the group Patty - Your goals for March look awesome. I'm looking forward to hearing about your success this month.

Monique - Thanks for starting the March thread. I hope we all have a great month.

Emme - You have done an awesome job with your weight loss and I know you're going to have another great month.

I'm looking forward to another great month. Hopefully the scale will catch up with all my hard work and I can lose at least 5 pounds this month.

My goals for March are:

1. Continue to follow my healthy eating plan
2. Continue to walk at least 3 times a week at Stone Mtn
3. Do a FIRM Rotation Calendar - TransFIRMation System - Intermediate
4. Post here daily
5. Limit the sugar & sodium in my diet
6. Work on my Abs
7. (Bonus) I will add on 2 mins of jogging in place after each Firm workout

GettinFit
03-01-2011, 12:05 PM
My journal for today:

B: McDs oatmeal, decaf coffee w/creamer
L: Large salad w/chicken breast, feta cheese, bacon bits, FF raspberry vinaigrette dressing, 1 WW mini snack bar
S: Special K snack protein bar, orange, banana
D: Subway Sub, Baked Chips
Execise: Day 1 FIRM Rotation - Hi Def Sculpt

crm
03-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Hi everyone,

my goals:
1. lose 6 pounds in March
2. workout 12 times in March (going to the gym)
3. drink my water everyday
4. get up and dance every night for 5 minutes (I will also be closing the curtains)
5. post at least 12 times during the month

Good Luck everyone:dancer:

Redheadchick
03-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Redhead's Goals For March:

1. I'd like to lose at least 7 pounds this month.
2. I will work out for at least 15 days this month.
3. I plan to visit this thread at least 8 days this month.
4. I will give up soda, drink lots of water and eat 5-6 healthy meals/snacks a day
5.I will jog in place for 15 minutes after my workouts
6. I will be one sweaty chick at least 15 times this month.

Emme
03-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Hi crm & redheadchick! Those are great goals to have. Good luck on your March journey. :)

lisa34t
03-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Helllooooo Ladies!

I am back!!!! February was a BUSY month for me and truly over extended myself. Although I didn’t completely have loose track, I was able to update(lower) my ticker. I only lost 4lbs for the month of February but, March is going to be better! I must truly get me schedule going because gas is so high here, compared to what we are used to that I can’t just be driving to the gym and nowhere else ( my college budget is TIGHT). I got rid of my Ipod Touch because it was collecting dust, therefore, I need to officially covert my phone to an MP3 player. A lot to catch up on but, Most of all I have missed the support I get from you ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will post my March goals later tonight!

GettinFit- HI there!!!! How is the oatmeal? I see the commercials but Im skeptical! Great goals for March!

Redheadchick- I love #6!

I see some great goals so far, we can do it!

Monique
03-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Welcome, everyone! So glad you're all here.....newbies too. Today has been going great. I've been eating every three hours as planned and I've been doing a better job of staying on plan thanks to my cell phone alarm going off and reminding me to eat. My weight doesn't go up and down every day either....it's been staying the same and I assume soon it will start to creep down. I'm gonna get in a good workout tonight after work. I'm so ready to get out of the 200s.

Monique

Emme
03-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Welcome back, Lisa! And what's this about only losing 4 pounds in February...February is only 28 days long and 4 pounds is AWESOME! Good for you...:bravo:

GettinFit
03-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Welcome Redheadchick.

Lisa - 4 pounds is awesome!

Monique - I'm glad that your reminder to eat every 3 hours is working for you. I hear you on wanting to get to onederland. I will be so glad when I break this plateau and start losing more weight. Today I started weight training and I'm hoping that helps.

crm your goals are great!

I hope we all have an awesome month.

pattypaw
03-02-2011, 02:42 AM
It was a good day.....I ate healthy, I worked out for 20 min before breakfast + 2 min of jumping jacks (sorry neighbors below me!) I drank 5 glasses of water today and did Walk a Mile, Leslie Sansone with my 8 yr old. and I have to tell you he is too darn cute... in the middle of the video he starts rubbing his belly and said "i feel my tummy getting flatter!" then looks over at me and said "look at yours, it might be getting smaller too"

Redheadchick
03-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the welcomes everyone. OMG-I actually did it, I got up at 4.45 this morning and...wait for it....went jogging! I made it about 8 blocks (not running the whole time of course) and didn't pass out or throw up. I feel great, my left butt cheek is a little sore but I think I will live. Good luck everyone on their goals!

Redheadchick
03-02-2011, 09:35 AM
How was the oatmeal? I hate oatmeal, but the commercial sure makes it look good...of course commercials make everything look good.

GettinFit
03-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Good morning Beauties,

Patty - Great job on doing so good yesterday! How nice that your little one gave you a compliment:D I hope you have another rockin good day! :carrot:

WOW Redheadchick now that's dedication to get up at 4:45 & jog!!! You are starting the month off with a bang! The first time I had the oatmeal from McD it was very good but yesterday it was too watery so I didn't finish it off. It has chopped apples, rasins & dried cranberries. The next time I get it I'll check it out before I drive off. I'm glad they've added some healthier options to the menu though.

I had a good day yesterday. I delibertly tried to eat a few more calories yesterday so I changed my dinner to a Subway sub & baked chips. I also decided to do a FIRM rotation for the month of March. I did this one about 1.5 yrs ago and I saw awesome results. We'll see what happens this time. I also decided to put the scale away for a few weeks because I will be working with weights and in case the scale fluctuates a bit, I don't want to see it.

I hope everyone has a great OP day.

GettinFit
03-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Today's Journal
B: greek yogurt, coffee
L: baked chicken, green beans, WW 2 Pt snack bar
S: Special K mini protein bar, popcorn, decaf coffee
D: Shrimp, salad w/feta,bacon bits, FF raspberry vinaigrette dressing
Exercise: Day 2 of Rotation - Firm Cardio Party

Emme
03-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the welcomes everyone. OMG-I actually did it, I got up at 4.45 this morning and...wait for it....went jogging! I made it about 8 blocks (not running the whole time of course) and didn't pass out or throw up. I feel great, my left butt cheek is a little sore but I think I will live. Good luck everyone on their goals!

LOL!! Good for you for not throwing up or passing out. My husband went out jogging after years of not doing it, and he threw up after 5 blocks...after eating a heavy dinner...duh...

I had a good day yesterday. I delibertly tried to eat a few more calories yesterday so I changed my dinner to a Subway sub & baked chips. I also decided to do a FIRM rotation for the month of March. I did this one about 1.5 yrs ago and I saw awesome results. We'll see what happens this time. I also decided to put the scale away for a few weeks because I will be working with weights and in case the scale fluctuates a bit, I don't want to see it.

Good for you, GettinFit. You will do great. I hope the scale is good to you ~ it's nice to put it away for a bit, especially if you have a lot of water going to your muscles for repair after hard workouts/weights. No one likes to see water weight...grrr!!

~

I hope everyone is having a good day. I did Pilates yesterday and felt like I needed to burn off some energy last night (I was crabby and was tired of sitting still), so I turned on the AppleTV and listened to 35 minutes of my favorite songs and just danced around like an idiot. I downloaded some songs we do in Zumba classes and danced around to those, too, even though I didn't remember every single move. I was crazy sweaty when I was done and it was just the exercise I was looking for. I slept hard last night (hadn't been sleeping well the past two nights) and even missed hearing my alarm clock go off which never happens. I'm going to do some weight training today and see how that goes.

Redheadchick
03-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Have you done Zumba at home? I was thinking of getting the dvds but I don't know anyone who has used them and was wondering what kind of success people have had with them, in a home environment.

Emme
03-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Have you done Zumba at home? I was thinking of getting the dvds but I don't know anyone who has used them and was wondering what kind of success people have had with them, in a home environment.

I do Zumba classes that are offered through my work. I just remembered what songs we dance to and I downloaded them and danced around. I've heard that the videos are good, though. It takes a bit to learn the different dance moves, but once you've got them down you can really get into it!

GettinFit
03-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Emme - I'm glad you were able to get some good sleep last night. Yep, I know the weight & toning will be good for me as I am already feeling tighter & firmer after yesterday's workout. The workout I did yesterday called for lots of ab work and I upped my weights from 5 to 8 pounds so I guess that's why I'm feel firmer.

I've never done Zumba but it looks like so much fun (I love to dance :carrot:).

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.

Monique
03-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Lisa, four pounds is amazing. I lost none...how 'bout that? Haha. Serves me right for not getting the diet part totally together. I'm on track now so that's good.

Great job, pattypaw....your son sounds too cute. I have the Walk At Home program too....love it.

Redhead, great job. How inspiring. I will have to give jogging a try one of these days.

GettinFit and Emme....you go, girls.

Keep it up, Beauties! my cell phone is about to die...lol

Monique

Monique
03-03-2011, 01:55 AM
BTW....

Here's the link to our ticker: http://www.tickerfactory.com/counter/wGpeQf8/

Go there when ever you like to add the amount of pounds you've lost.

1. Click "Edit/Update Data & Style

2. Type in password/pin which is: arefatfree (LOL)

3. Where it says, "Your current cumulative value", add how many pounds you've lost (every time you lose more, go back and do it again) by clicking the "Add" with the plus sign on the side of the box you type in which will make the number in the box get bigger...you'll see what I mean when you see it. LOL :)

4. Keep clicking "next" until you reach the last page with the html so you can add it to your siggy if you wish!

Here's what it looks like:

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wGpeQf8/counter.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/counter/wGpeQf8/)

You all can change the look of the ticker, our goal, whatever you wish at any time. Have fun! :) Let's do this, Autumn Beauties!

Monique

GettinFit
03-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Good morning ladies,

I hope everyone had a nice day yesterday and are ready for another good one today.

Monique - I hear 'ya girl. I am so ready to have another good loss. I only lost 2 pounds last month. I thought I would have lost more since I worked out so much and I ate decent too. I sure hope this month is more. It will take me forever to reach onederland losing at this rate :mad:

Redheadchick
03-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Ran 2 blocks today...not as young as I used to be.

Emme
03-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Morning ladies. My WI is tomorrow and I have a feeling I am not going to be below my 185.6 from last Friday. I am PMSing and retaining water because my weight keeps going up this week...booo!!! Oh well, I have to just keep pushing through.

GettinFit and Monique ~ you are both doing awesome because you are watching what you are eating and you are moving around. Weight loss can be such a frustrating thing when you've worked hard and have done your best, but yet you see little change. Just stay positive!

I wish our bodies worked more easily, like if you exercise a certain amount and eat a certain amount, then you will lose a certain amount regardless of anything else...it would be so much easier wouldn't it? Instead, our body has to throw in things like water retention due to PMS, water retention due to muscle repair after working out, water retention just because. Buh. Oh well, wishful thinking, right? ;)

Redheadchick ~ good work running two blocks. I get winded after 1. :)

Monique
03-04-2011, 01:52 AM
GettinFit, yes, it can be frustrating! But, as long as we keep moving forward with it, we will get there no matter how long it takes.

Thanks, Emme :).

Great job, Autumn Beauties :)

Monique

Tracker
03-04-2011, 05:08 AM
Set small goals. Ok, I can do that.

My goal for March is to have a healthy lifestyle throughout the month and hopefully loose 5 pounds along the way. I am kind of tired of the russian eating rulette. I feel like everybody can get a grip on themselves and I can't. So, this is what I am aiming for: equilibrium.

Wish me luck,
Liz

Redheadchick
03-04-2011, 08:29 AM
I have shin splints. Ouch. But I still got up and walked (no jogging till they heal up :-( but I will do what I can). Stepped on the scale for motivation, and it says I am down a pound and a half. I don't care if it is most likely water, I will take it anyway!

GettinFit
03-04-2011, 09:24 AM
Good morning Beauties and Happy Friday :carrot:

I am so ready for the weekend.

:welcome: to the group Liz and YES you can do it. Your goals for the month are great.

Readheadchick :congrat: on your loss and I hope your shins heal soon.

Emme - Skinny vibes to you for your w/i today.

I don't feel like I lost anything this week either. I'm really thinking about trying something other that Weight Watchers for a while to see if the scale will move any faster. It is so weird because I lost the first 20 pounds so fast and it's like my body just won't give up anymore. I'm losing inches because today I have on a pair pants that didn't fit a month ago. It is really crazy but I will hang in there and be patient. I just want to make it out of the 200s so bad.

Have a great day everyone.

Sheila aka GettinFit

Emme
03-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Set small goals. Ok, I can do that.

My goal for March is to have a healthy lifestyle throughout the month and hopefully loose 5 pounds along the way. I am kind of tired of the russian eating rulette. I feel like everybody can get a grip on themselves and I can't. So, this is what I am aiming for: equilibrium.

Wish me luck,
Liz

Good luck, Liz!! Weight loss can be a tough journey, but it is so worth it. Just stay positive, be patient, and know that you are on your way to a healthier you. :)

I have shin splints. Ouch. But I still got up and walked (no jogging till they heal up :-( but I will do what I can). Stepped on the scale for motivation, and it says I am down a pound and a half. I don't care if it is most likely water, I will take it anyway!

Good for you on the 1.5 pound weight loss! That's awesome! :carrot:

Good morning Beauties and Happy Friday :carrot:

I don't feel like I lost anything this week either. I'm really thinking about trying something other that Weight Watchers for a while to see if the scale will move any faster. It is so weird because I lost the first 20 pounds so fast and it's like my body just won't give up anymore. I'm losing inches because today I have on a pair pants that didn't fit a month ago. It is really crazy but I will hang in there and be patient. I just want to make it out of the 200s so bad.

Have a great day everyone.

Sheila aka GettinFit

Hi Sheila! Nice to meet the "official" you! :) It's great that you are losing inches...only you see the number on the scale, but you and other people can see if your clothes are fitting better! That's such a good feeling to put on clothes that previously didn't fit.

I weighed in +0.8 pounds and I know it's just from PMS water retention. I track my weight daily and mark when I have TOM, PMS times, etc., and it's right in the week of my PMS...why did it have to happen on my WI day?! Oh well. Chin up and moving forward. But I'm not changing my ticker to show a gain because I'm stubborn like that. :devil:

TGIF, and I hope everyone has a great day.

Monique
03-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Welcome, Liz :). So glad you can join us.

Redhead, OUCH! Let those legs heal up.....I've had shin splints before...it's very painful! Congrats with the losss...any loss is good loss :)

Emme, GettinFit....no luck for me this week either. In fact, I gained three pounds as of yesturday. I'm definitely at fault though because two nights in a role, I decided to make myself a ham and cheese sandwhich around midnight! Haha....serves me right. I was actually hungry though, that's the thing so I think what I need to do is eat a tad bit more during the day so I won't get hungry that late :). It's all a learning experience.

Monique

Monique
03-06-2011, 02:14 AM
Hope you all had a wonderful Saturday :-). It's 11:11 p.m. California time. Gonna hit the sack in a bit. My younger teenage sisters came over and we played the Michael Jackson game. Haha....it's too fun. Even my mom danced to one song with me which is shocking. LOL. Good times.

You all have a wonderful Sunday.

Monique

Emme
03-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Hi ladies! I hope you all have a great Sunday. My husband wanted to go out and eat last night for dinner and this morning for breakfast, and both times I was able to convince him to eat at home. Quite hard to do sometimes when he's got it stuck in his head! So, I made some salsa baked chicken last night and we ate a healthy breakfast this morning. My goal is to kick this week's @$$ since I gained 0.8 from PMS for a good weigh-in on Friday. ;)

TooManyDimples
03-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Hi Ladies! I just noticed the thread name in the recently updated part on the main page! You moved on me and I didn't think to look in here. I'm so glad to see so many of you still at it. :)

I had some stressful things happen in January and I ended up not coming around for a while. It didn't do me any good because through January and February I just completely went crazy apparently and gained back almost everything I lost since joining in October. :o At least that's how it stood when I weighed myself the first time in forever March 1st. I've been back on track since then and I'm doing great so far.

I decided to change a couple things this go around because I think I was being too strict on myself and that always seemed to end with we just resenting the process and completely going the other way.

I'm still calorie counting, but I've given myself a range instead of a set allowance. I can have between 1200-1600 a day. That way if I really just NEED more calories one day, I can have them, and I don't feel like I'm doing something wrong by going over my smaller set amount.

I also decided to ban the scale my entire first month. I just think I realized that I care way too much about the number on the scale. I would spend the whole week just thinking about getting on the scale on Friday, and then as soon as Friday would come and I'd do my weighin I'd start thinking about the next Friday's weighin. :halfempty I know I'm not weighing for a good long while, and it's actually working I think. I'm just focusing on the food, the exercise and I'm not stressing about seeing a number that's good enough for me. So I'm not getting on the scale until April 1st and then after that I'm only going to weigh on the 1st and 15th of every month.

So I'm seriously glad I found you ladies again. You've always been such awesome support and I really can't wait to read up on your progress since I've been gone and watch it keep going! Now I'm going to go read the whole thread so far since I couldn't wait to post first. :)

Emme
03-06-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm still calorie counting, but I've given myself a range instead of a set allowance. I can have between 1200-1600 a day. That way if I really just NEED more calories one day, I can have them, and I don't feel like I'm doing something wrong by going over my smaller set amount.

I also decided to ban the scale my entire first month. So I'm not getting on the scale until April 1st and then after that I'm only going to weigh on the 1st and 15th of every month.

YAY!!! :) Glad you are back! I'm sorry to hear you had a rough patch over the last few months, but it's awesome to hear that you are recommitted!!

I think calorie ranges are great ~ I do the exact same thing and it helps me keep my sanity. Some days I eat 1600 and I am satisfied, while other days I need to eat more and eat around 1800. It's nice to have that leverage. Good for you!

And good for you for kicking that scale to the curb until April 1st. Just remember that our bodies fluctuate a lot. I don't know if you are like me, but with PMS and TOM, I usually gain weight, so if your weight in days happen to fall on days you are retaining water, the number might be a bit higher than it really is.

I'm sure you will do wonderfully, and it's great to have you back! :hug:

GettinFit
03-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Good morning ladies and Happy Monday!

The weekend went by way too fast!

TooManyDimples, Welcome back! I'm glad you found us and I like you idea of not weighing for a month. I'd really like to do that too but I am in the biggest loser challenge and have to weigh at least once a week and I go to Weight Watchers. Lately I've been only going every other week and and contemplating cancelling my monthly pass membership. I wish you the best in your efforts to lose. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Emme - I agree, my goal is to kick it up a notch this week too. Over the weekend I didn't really count points or track my calories but I didn't really do too bad. I weighed myself last night and I was the same so I didn't lose or gain.

I had a very busy weekend. I spent the entire weekend doing spring cleaning and getting rid of stuff. Every year I go through my house and get rid of stuff because I hate clutter and don't function well when it's too cluttered. On Sat I also ended up downloading lot's of music and I believe I spent more time dancing than I did cleaning. It was lot's of fun and I got in lots of exercise.

I hope you all have a great day and stay strong. Let's all rock it this week :cb:

My journal
B: turkey breast & RF cheese roll ups, skim milk, coffee, SF International Cafe
S: V8 juice
L: Rotisserie chicken, green beans
D: Salad w/chicken breast
80 ozs of water (XX )
Exercise: FIRM Cardio overdrive

Emme
03-07-2011, 12:14 PM
GettinFit ~ how fun that you cleaned and danced the whole time! That's the kind of exercise I like ~ the kind I don't even know I am doing. :)

I hope everyone has a great Monday. Like GettinFit said, "Let's all rock it this week!"

TooManyDimples
03-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Thanks ladies. It feels great being back on track.

I love dancing around the house, I just never do it unless I'm home alone. =)

Today was a really good day for me. I wanted to up my exercise and I definitely did. I did 30 minutes of strength training and 30 minutes of Zumba. I was watching a bit of tv this morning and thought to myself, "Why am I not on my bike since I'm just watching tv?" I hopped on and then I got back on this evening while I was watching a few shows. In all I did almost 26 miles! It's so easy to just sit there and go, I think I'm going to start making it a habit to bike if I'm watching tv. So I definitely feel like I accomplished what I wanted to.

I ended the day at 1448 calories, I drank 80oz of water and I had 50oz of green tea.

It was definitely a great day.

Emme
03-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks ladies. It feels great being back on track.

I love dancing around the house, I just never do it unless I'm home alone. =)

Today was a really good day for me. I wanted to up my exercise and I definitely did. I did 30 minutes of strength training and 30 minutes of Zumba. I was watching a bit of tv this morning and thought to myself, "Why am I not on my bike since I'm just watching tv?" I hopped on and then I got back on this evening while I was watching a few shows. In all I did almost 26 miles! It's so easy to just sit there and go, I think I'm going to start making it a habit to bike if I'm watching tv. So I definitely feel like I accomplished what I wanted to.

I ended the day at 1448 calories, I drank 80oz of water and I had 50oz of green tea.

It was definitely a great day.

Wow, 26 miles on the bike...that's awesome! Again, another exercise you don't know you're doing because you are watching TV and are distracted...so cool!

Oh, and you mentioned you don't dance unless you're home alone. You should see me...it's scary...I'll actually crank up the speakers and dance in the living room while my husband is on his laptop five feet away from me. Glad he doesn't mind. :)

Monique
03-07-2011, 10:17 PM
What in the world? I posted a thread last night and it didn't go through I guess. LOL. Anyway, Kim! Welcome back! So glad you're back with us and ready to get back on track. Yes, our thread was moved since they tecnically are "challenge" threads :)....so we'll be here from now on :).

Great job, ladies :). These passed few days, I've felt kinda like, "blah" as far as how well I feel I'm doing. I'm sure you guys have those days where you're not doing TERRIBLE but you know you could do better so you don't feel the greatest about it? It's okay, it's still early in the month and I have a chance to make some great progress :) On that note, I'm off to go workout :).

Bye Beauties!

Monique

Emme
03-08-2011, 10:41 AM
These passed few days, I've felt kinda like, "blah" as far as how well I feel I'm doing. I'm sure you guys have those days where you're not doing TERRIBLE but you know you could do better so you don't feel the greatest about it?

Monique

Monique ~ oh yes, I have those days. I don't usually work out on the weekends (but I will once it gets warmer out and I can go walking and rollerblading!!), so I usually start feeling pretty crappy about not doing anything. But, I have to remind myself that I work out 4-5 times during the week, so not to get too down about it. You're doing good, Monique ~ keep it up! :)

TooManyDimples
03-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Thanks Monique. =) And I hope you're getting past that "blah" feeling. I always hate that.

Been doing great the last few days. Today is a strength day so I'm going to get to it as soon as I get the little one on the bus in a bit.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

lisa34t
03-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Hello Ladies

I see everyone is doing well. It is becoming really hard to get to the gym so Im transitioning to start walking around my apartments and Im going to by a pedometer today. Im thinking about buying the 30day shred video...still debating.

GetinFit- I tried the oatmeal, it was ok but i didnt taste the brownsugar in mine which kinda disappointed me.....

Monique- Im am sure we all have those Blah days. I know i do, but once I have a lil motivation, Im on the move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emme
03-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Im thinking about buying the 30day shred video...still debating.

I bought it last year and I really enjoyed it! It kicked my butt. I wasn't counting calories or really watching what I was eating, so I only lost 2 pounds, but I lost over 6 inches. I would say go for it! They really are only 20 minute segments. I did Level 3 once and that's it ~ too jarring for my knees.

TooManyDimples
03-09-2011, 02:12 PM
I have the 30day shred too. It is definitely a good workout. I've never been able to get past the 1st level. I think once I reach my first mini goal I'm going to commit to actually doing it for 30 days.

GettinFit
03-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Good morning Beauties,

Sorry I missed a day of checking in ladies. I have been so busy at work and at home this week and haven't had much time to post. I've been thinking about you all though. I have slacked on my exercise this week too. Eating has been so so but I am getting back to the basics today. I really want to show a loss by the end of the month.

Lisa - I'm sorry your oatmeal wasn't good. I don't believe mine had brown sugar either. I wonder if you have to specify that you want it. The next time I get it I will ask for it.

I also have the 30 day Shred DVD but I've never opened it. I bought it about 2 years ago because my friend was raving about it.

I hope everyone has a great day! The weekend is almost here :cb:

Emme
03-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Good morning, ladies! GettinFit~you should try the 30-day shred just to try it...you might like it! It's pretty intense, but you can modify certain things if they are too much for you. I have bad knees, and a few exercises really jar the knees, so I would just step my feet in and not jump.

Tomorrow is WI day. Not sure how I feel about that. I was PMSing last week and gained 0.8 pounds, and TOM is supposed to start tomorrow, so anything can happen. I'm just glad my WI is tomorrow because Sunday we are going to a movie and to Maggiano's for lunch. I already looked up their online nutrition and decided what to eat so I can count calories, but they don't have nutrition information for their tiramisu...and I don't care b/c I am going to get some! It is in my top 2 favorite desserts of all time, and I can't pass up a good tiramisu! Happy Thursday. :)

lisa34t
03-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Ok ladies, I bought the 30 day shred, only 10 buck..I guess becuase its an old DVD. Obviously im behind!!! Im really excited about starting, especially after reading everyones post! I also bought a calorie counting pedometer.I havent paid my YMCA fee this month yet because Im going to attempt to get my work out in the comfort of my own home and apartment complex.

Be back this evening!!!!

pattypaw
03-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Sorry I haven't been checking in...we were having computer problems but all is fixed and here i am. I had a few minor slip-ups the past week (a few of my daughters m&m's, a handful of doritos, and not enough water) I was angry at myself for a bit then moved on and got back on track. I walked this morning and plan on doing a different work out that i haven't tried on Exercise on Demand tonight. I hope everyone's having a great day!

GettinFit
03-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Good morning ladies - Happy Friday :carrot:

I am so ready for the weekend. Hopefully, I can get some rest and get back on track with my exercise. I just realized that the time changes this weekend and I am so excited because I will be able to get some nice long walks in after work. This past week I sorta got off track with my program. I am happy that I didn't go crazy with my eating and even though I didn't get in much exercise, my weight is at 215. I'm hoping that with this mini break, I can shake the plateau I was on once I get strict again.

Lisa - Let me know how you enjoy your 30 day Shred. I may open mine and give it a try.

Emme - I hope you have a great W/I today. You have done an awesome job with your weight loss. As I've told you before, you are such an inspiration to me. I'll be happy if I can do half as good as you.

Patty - Sounds like you and I have been in the same place this week. I'm glad you re-grouped too. We are going to have an awesome rest of the week.

Hi Monique & TooManyDimples :wave: I hope you're having a great day!

My Journal for today:
B: 1 RF muffin, skim milk, coffee, 1 serv flav creamer
L: Lean Gourmet Sante Fe Rice & Beans, small salad
S: greek yogurt, banana
D: TBD (eating out)
Exercise: Dancing

Emme
03-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Sorry I haven't been checking in...we were having computer problems but all is fixed and here i am. I had a few minor slip-ups the past week (a few of my daughters m&m's, a handful of doritos, and not enough water) I was angry at myself for a bit then moved on and got back on track. I walked this morning and plan on doing a different work out that i haven't tried on Exercise on Demand tonight. I hope everyone's having a great day!

Hi pattypaw ~ It's good to hear from you, and great work just moving on...I always say that every day is a new day and a great way to start fresh.

Good morning ladies - Happy Friday :carrot:

I am so ready for the weekend. Hopefully, I can get some rest and get back on track with my exercise. I just realized that the time changes this weekend and I am so excited because I will be able to get some nice long walks in after work. This past week I sorta got off track with my program. I am happy that I didn't go crazy with my eating and even though I didn't get in much exercise, my weight is at 215. I'm hoping that with this mini break, I can shake the plateau I was on once I get strict again.

Hey, GettinFt! I didn't know the time changed until yesterday and, you're right, it will be exciting to have more light in the evening to do things outside! You'll get through this plateau...I've heard that giving your body a bit of a break actually can help.

I weighed in a 184.8 which is 1.6 less than last Friday when I gained 0.8 from PMS. I have the day off today and I should exercise and clean, but I think I'm just going to go grocery shopping, errand running, walk my dog, and catch up on some shows that I have recorded on the DVR. TOM came this morning and I am feeling suuuper lazy. Hope everyone has a great Friday! :)

TooManyDimples
03-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Hello Ladies!

Congrats on the loss Emme! TOM never messes with my weight too bad so I can't relate, but I can definitely feel you on that lazy feeling now that it's shown up. =)

I've got a bit of a sore throat and feel kind congested. I'm going to take some meds and see if I can fight the feeling off. Really don't want to let it get to my head and use it as an excuse to slack off. I've had a great week. Eating has been spot on, I've done a good two hours of exercise everyday, most of it's been biking and I've already totalled about 90 miles since monday. Feeling good about that. =)

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

GettinFit
03-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Good afternoon ladies,

Emme - Congrats on your loss this week! You are rockin it girl.

Toomanydimples - Great job on your biking miles. That is awesome.

You ladies have a great weekend!

Monique
03-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Hey ladies! Happy Friday. Hope you're all well....glad you're all still here :). I haven't check in here for two days because I haven't worked out in two days. Just thought I'd give myself a little break :). Breaks are good sometimes of course :).

Gonna make sure I get a good workout in tonight for sure. You all take care and keep up the good work :)

Monique

lisa34t
03-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Hello Ladies

ITS THE WEEKEND!!!!! Yay im not off today but I am tomorrow and I am ging to enjoy it!!! My official WI is on Mondays but I was soooo anxious to see where im at and I AMA OUT OF the 220'S!!!!! Im really hoping to even more excited on Monday.....BUT IM NOT saying I want to rush my weekend. LOL! Oh yea I have done the 30 day shred for 1 1/2 days the first day I coudnt hang, but last I did it but it sure gave me a run for my money.

Monique -Im sure that break did you well and it helps boost you energy back up :carrot:

Pattypaw-Glad ur back, even though I only get a chance to post 2-3 times a week!

Emme- anything less is best!

Emme
03-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Hi ladies! I hope you all enjoy the weekend. :)

Lisa ~ woo-hoo on being out of the 220s!! :cheer:

Monique
03-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Congrats Lisa! Okay, off to go workout. Keep it up, ladies :)

Monique

TooManyDimples
03-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Hi ladies. Just checking in. Not much going on with me. Still on plan perfectly. Yesterday was my rest day and today I biked another 10 miles. Tomorrow is strength. Things couldn't be going better. =) Hope everyone's week starts off great!

GettinFit
03-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Congrats Lisa on being out of the 220s. Keep up the great work :carrot:

Toomanydimples - You are doing an awesome job. Ten miles is great. I hope you're able to stay in your zone.

My weekend has been okay but not as good as it could have been. I really need to get back to tracking my WW Points & journaling everything I put in my mouth. I plan on doing that starting tomorrow. I did do a 5 mile walk today to get the week of to a good start. I'm planning on doing 3 miles after work tomorrow if it's not raining.

I really need to work on making it out of the 2-teens this month.

I hope everyone else is having a great Sunday.

Monique
03-13-2011, 10:41 PM
GettinFit, I hear ya on that. Thank goodness for Mondays....we can start all over. LOL.

Anyway, ladies....I was just over in this thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/227832-anyone-else-doing-if-intermittent-fasting.html

Never even heard of intermittent fasting before until recently. Sounds interesting and it actually seems more like my style of eating. I understand some are against fasting because they feel it's like your starving yourself but I've read that fasting can actually be very good for you. Whether you do it once a week or once a year, it's good for your body.

I saw you over in that thread too, Kim. Are you thinking about it? :) I'm gonna do some more research on it but I think I'm gonna give it a try for a week and see how it goes :)

Monique

pattypaw
03-14-2011, 02:14 AM
I was reading the same thread Monique and want to do more research on it.

I've been keeping up on my exercise, even got my 3 youngest boys and baby girl to do it with me (i'm still working on the teens to join lol) I've definately upped my water intake as planned. I have a problem with food and weekends, all week long i stay on track and am not usually tempted to eat more than i should, then the weekend comes along and its like i'm a different person. I have 6 kids at home and somebody is always eating/hungry. I can't blame them or use that as an excuse, that i know. So my goal for next weekend is to stay on plan! (even if it means i have to duct tape my mouth, haha)

YAY Lisa for getting out of the 220's!!!!!

GettinFit
03-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Good morning ladies,

Yep Monique, today is the day I get my butt back to being 100% OP. I got very discouraged when I went all those weeks without losing much of anything. I refuse to give up so I am back to the basics today. It's soooo hard but it can be done. We need to look to Emme as an example since she's been successful in losing almost 100 pounds.

Patty - I hope you can make your goal of staying on track this weekend. I know if must be hard for you because you have to have snacks in the house for the kids. Stay strong and you can do it.

I'm planning to have a great day. I brought in my lunch & snacks so I shouldn't have a problem staying OP. I also brought in my workout clothes so that I can go walk at Stone Mountain before I go home today.

I hope everyone has a great OP week!

Today's journal:
B: oatmeal, 1/2 C skim milk, coffee
S: orange, yogurt
L: Chicken leg, peas, Little Debbie Petite snack cake
D: Reduced fat/reduced sodium ham sandwich w/lite wheat bread, tomato & rf cheese
Exercise: Walk 3 miles

TooManyDimples
03-14-2011, 09:40 AM
I am doing it Monique. I started yesterday and it was seriously great. =) I'm making my eating window between 2pm and 8pm and I'm getting my full calorie range in that amount of time. I did feel some hunger signals earlier in the day around the time I usually eat, so I know my body will probably take a little time to adjust to the change in eating times. I definitely find the information about how your body burns fat stores during the fasting stage more efficiently interesting, but the selling point for me is just being able to eat bigger meals. The only reason I started eating more smaller meals is because you always hear that it's better for your metabolism and not to skip breakfast. Finding out that apparently isn't really true is awesome for me. I really think eating like this is going to make it so much easier for me to stay on track. It was very nice actually feeling satisfied after a meal yesterday. =) Hope it works out for you too.

Emme
03-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Hi ladies! I hope you are all doing great.

Monique, TooManyDimples, pattypaw ~ my sister fasts for a full day when she does her Paleo diet. She says it doesn't bother her. Good luck to you if you are doing it!

GettinFit ~ you will get there...I know you will...it is a long struggle sometimes. Thanks for looking to me as an example, but I started my weight loss journey in 2006!! It has taken me this long to lose that weight, but that's because of me...I would take breaks (and I maintained at 200 for about a year), and sometimes I wouldn't put my whole heart into it, so I'd gain and lose the same 10 pounds over and over. You CAN do it, and you WILL do it!! :)

I am feeling really, really gross today. We went out to eat yesterday and brought home tiramisu. My serving was probably for 3-4 people, but I ate it all. And today I woke up with a sick stomach and now it feels like there is a knot right in my throat. Gross. I think I had wayyyy too much sugar and I am paying for it now. And I weighed 2 pounds heavier this morning than I did yesterday morning, so I'm pretty sure my body is pissed at me for all the sugar intake. Hopefully water will help flush me out.

I hope you all have a great Monday! :)

Monique
03-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Emme, been there, done that. Hope you feel better soon. Even though it took you years you still did it. You are definitely a wonderful example, as GettinFit said.

Kim, awesome job. I'm on day one of intermittent fasting. I think it's gonna keep me on track for sure. I'm so excited about it. My eating window is between 3 and 7. I'll be sure to keep you all updated on this.

Great job, Patty. Autumn Beauties, keep it up.

Monique

GettinFit
03-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Emme - I hope you feel better.

Monique - Keep us posted on how your new eating plan goes.

I'm sure missing the hour I lost this weekend. It usually takes me a few days to adjust so hopefully, I'll be on track later this week. So far my eating has been very good today. I just need to stay on track when I get home tonight. I'm determined to get out of the 200s before the summer.

Monique
03-15-2011, 01:47 AM
Hey, Beauties! Well, day one of intermittent fasting went great....well, aside from me not choosing the best food choices when I finally ATE. LOL. But I AM proud of myself for sticking with my fasting today until 3 p.m. just as I planned :). I definitely see that this is going to be very helpful for me :)

Tomarrow, I'm going to make try to make healthier eating choices. I have to eat healthy EVERY DAY but I like to do it when I can because it's the right thing to do :).

I'm taking another break from working out today. With this time change, time is flying by too quickly right now. LOL.

Monique

GettinFit
03-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Good morning Beauties,

Monique - I'm glad this new plan is working for you. The key to losing weight is to find what works best for you. I'm with you on the time change. Yesterday after work I was so tired that I couldn't wait to get home. It's amazing what losing that 1 hour does to you.

Yesterday was a good day for me, I didn't do my 3 mile walk as planned but I did do a Firm Cardio DVD and I stuck to my food plan and ate very good. Today should be goo too.

I hope everyone else is having a great day so far.

GettinFit
03-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Today's Journal

B: Greek yogurt, 1 C skim milk w/Maxwell House International Cafe Suisse Mocha, 1 C mixed fruit
L: Salad w/turkey breast & reg dressing
D: Progresso soup, bagel thin w/laughing cow cheese
S: 2 clementines, popcorn, coffee w/flav creamer
Exercise: Firm DVD

Emme
03-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone!

Monique ~ good luck to you with IF! I don't know if I would be able to do it...I get dizzy/lightheaded if I don't snack every few hours, so I give you props for being able to get through the first day!

I hope everyone has a great day. It's nice and cloudy here, but it is supposed to be 62 and sunny on Thursday...I...CAN'T...WAIT!! :)

lisa34t
03-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Happy Tuesday Ladies!

Yesterday was WI in for me and I was the same weight at last Thursday, I was really hoping more but TOM ruined it Therfore next Monday Im working for 214-15. Now I was already usingmy fitness pal on my droid, but I recently got the Iphone4 and I downloaded a water intake traker and its helping me get my 64oz daily. Im still doing the 30 day shred and its still struggle to keep up, but im not gonna give up on it.:D ..I also updated my ticker!!!!!!!!!!

Monique- Yes this time change is something to get used to but for me, even with out the time change, it never seems like its enough time in the day!

GettinFit- Whats your favorite flavor of the Laughing Cow Cheese, I cant seem to buy anything but the original!

Emme- Hope you are feeling better today.

Emme
03-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Happy Tuesday Ladies!

Yesterday was WI in for me and I was the same weight at last Thursday, I was really hoping more but TOM ruined it Therfore next Monday Im working for 214-15. Now I was already usingmy fitness pal on my droid, but I recently got the Iphone4 and I downloaded a water intake traker and its helping me get my 64oz daily. Im still doing the 30 day shred and its still struggle to keep up, but im not gonna give up on it.:D ..I also updated my ticker!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, that stinkin' TOM!! I gain water weight both during PMS and TOM, so it seems like 2 out of my 4 weeks of the month are no-shows for weight loss. Stick with it, though...you are doing great! It's fun to hear that you are still doing 30 Day Shred ~ some days I would hate working out to it and I'd be scoffing at Jillian the whole time, but I always felt better when I was done doing it. :)

Monique
03-16-2011, 12:56 AM
Great job with the eating, GettinFit :)

Emme, yes, everyone is different and has to do what works for them. The six meal thing definitely works as well and has for me in the passed when I put my ALL into it. Lately, it's been just helped me to maintain....not really lose because I didn't put my ALL into which must mean it's truly not for me.

Just like working out for me has to be fun and/or easy or I'm not going to put much effort into it...the same goes with dieting. It HAS to be something that I don't have to think much about but be successful in and on day 2 of this intermittent fasting, I know this is sooooo my style.

Normally, during work hours, I would snack on things here and there all day because as you guys know, I'm a line cook. Yesturday and today, I walked right pass the bacon and teriyaki chicken and didn't think twice. There's something about the fasting and then KNOWING that I'm gonna be able to eat later on at 3 p.m. all the way to 7 p.m. that helps me stay on track. It's great! :) Okay, it's almost 10 p.m. California time and I'm rambling on and still haven't worked out. I'm getting on in for sure! LOL.

Lisa, I know how you feel about that TOM....pain in the butt, I tell ya.

Monique

GettinFit
03-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Good morning ladies,

Lisa - I'm sure your next weigh in will be great. OMG the Queso Fresco Chipotle is out of this world. I also like the mozarella sundried tomato basil one. I don't really care for the garlic & herb. I haven't tried the blue cheese flavor yet but I will soon.

Monique - It sounds like this plan is really working for you. I can't wait for your next W/I. Stay strong.

Emme - I hope you have a great sunny day today.

I did pretty good yesterday. Ate decent, drank lots of water and got my workout in. I'm aiming for the same today.

Have a great OP day everyone.

My journal for today:
B: greek yogurt, coffee w/flavored creamer, 1 clementine
L: Southwest grilled chicken & veggie wrap, 1/2 serving pretzels
S: 1 clementine, frozen yogurt w/2 tbsp Reeses pcs.
D: 2 small biscuits (not good)
Exercise: FIRM Express Cardio & Sculpt

Emme
03-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Lisa & GettinFit ~ where do you find the Laughing Cow cheese in the grocery store? I have looked in what seems to be all parts of every grocery store and I can't find them! Are they in the dairy section? Cheese section?

I hope everyone is having a good over-the-hump day. I finally have the windows open and it is in the 60s today. Love it. I see a nice, long walk in my future tonight...not as long as yours, GettinFit, but long enough! :) It's so great that you are able to get 3 and 5 mile walks in!

lisa34t
03-16-2011, 03:44 PM
today is going good so far, I'm on my break at wrk and using my phone so excuse any typos. Im doing good for today but I don't know what I'm gonna eat for dinner. I have a night class tonight and I didn't prepare to be away from home all day. I will be doin the shred when I get out of class tonight

Emme: I really only shop at walmart and they are usually in a little open cooler with other different cheeses like feta and cheese logs.

GettinFit
03-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Good evening ladies,

Emme - I get mine at Sam's Club. You get 3 for like $6 & change. I've also seem it at Walmart & Publix. I'm glad you finally got some nice weather too. We're supposed to be in the mid 80s on Fri & Sat. That's a little to hot too quick for me though. I like it in the 70s around this time of the year.

Lisa - I hope you made it through the day okay.

My day was okay. I got my Firm workout in this evening. I didn't drink enough water today so I'll work harder at that tomorrow. I've just prepared my lunch for tomorrow. I'm planning to start back tracking my points so that I can get this weight moving in the right direction again.

I hope everyone else has had a good day.

Monique
03-16-2011, 10:09 PM
Great job, Autumn Beauties! UGH...my TOM has arrived. On the plus side it WON'T be here when I'm on vacation on the 27th :) That's what I'm talkin' about, baby. LOL. Anyway, GettinFit, yes, this is day three and it's truly a blessing, this diet I'm on. I will see how it goes for a while before hoping on the scale again so that I can get in the groove of it first :)

Kinda not in the mood to workout tonight...you know how those period days go sometimes. Blah. LOL.

Monique

GettinFit
03-17-2011, 09:11 AM
Good morning Beauties,

Monique - I can't believe your vacation is almost here. You are going to have a blast. I may give the IF a try but I think I will eat between 8a-3p. I think this will work best for me. We'll see. I can't wait to see how you do. Keep us posted.

I'm planning on an OP day. It will be a rest day as far as working out goes but I will get in some extra steps at work today since I parked farther away.
I hope everyone has a great day.

My journal
B: clementine, coffee, greek yogurt
L: salad w/ff raspberry vinaigrette dressing & 3 slices Hillshire Farm reduced fat/sodium ham, coffee
S: clementine, popcorn
D: Progresso Soup, bagel thin w/Laughing Cow
Exercise: Rest day

Emme
03-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Hi Ladies ~

Monique ~ I'm glad TOM will be gone by the time you are ready to go on your vaca...I'm sure you will have such a blast!

GettinFit ~ Ah, I love rest days. I think our bodies really need them, and our minds do, too.

Lisa ~ I hope you had a good dinner with being away from home last night. That's always a struggle for me. Sometimes there aren't a ton of options which can make it frustrating.

Almost Friday....http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

lisa34t
03-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Ok, Dinner wasnt good, I ended up eating fried chicken, not that I coudnt go to subway or get a salad somewhere instead.....I just didnt ...BUT i got up and went walking. I plan to do the shred tonight. ALTHOUGH, I have a question.....I have been tracking my water intake and I wanted to know can I count the water in which I add the packets to. Often I add the crystal light type packs to give my meal a spazazz!. Should I count this as water....I sooo want to!

Once again I may not be home for dinner and I didnt pack a dinner, BUT Im going to walmart after class and I will pick up a salad there or a rotissere chicken with a side salad from Mcdonalds.

Monique- YAY, no TOM in vacation! I with ya on that!

Emme
03-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Ok, Dinner wasnt good, I ended up eating fried chicken, not that I coudnt go to subway or get a salad somewhere instead.....I just didnt ...BUT i got up and went walking. I plan to do the shred tonight. ALTHOUGH, I have a question.....I have been tracking my water intake and I wanted to know can I count the water in which I add the packets to. Often I add the crystal light type packs to give my meal a spazazz!. Should I count this as water....I sooo want to!

Meh, sometimes you gotta eat what you are craving so you don't go insane...that's how I look at it sometimes. :)

And, yes, I would count that as water because you are adding stuff to the water. But, I wouldn't count it as water if you drank it all day long because that's a lot of unnatural stuff added to the water if you are drinking 64-100 oz of it per day. Maybe just a bottle.

GettinFit
03-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Good evening ladies,

Lisa - I occasionally use those packs in my water and I do count mine too. I probably have about 3 or 4 a week.

Emme - I am so ready for the weekend too. Did you enjoy your warm weather today?

I'm looking forward to getting some much need yard work in this weekend

I ended today very good. I wasn't hungry at dinner so I just had a hand full of nuts.

I'll make sure I have a good breakfast tomorrow.

GettinFit
03-18-2011, 09:35 AM
Happy Friday everyone :carrot:

I'm planning on a great day and a great weekend and I wish everyone else the same. I'll be going to the hair salon after work so the only workout I'll get is to walk in the mall after I'm done with my hair.

Here's my journal for today
B: 1 bagel thin w/ Laughing Cow & 2 thin slices of Hillshire Farm RF/RS ham, coffee w/FF creamer
L: Grilled ckn/veggie wrap, 1 serv chips
D: yogurt, fruit
Exercise: Mall walk & 75 crunches

Emme
03-18-2011, 10:39 AM
TGIF, everybody! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

GettinFit ~ I love going to the salon...haven't been for a while and need to go desperately. There's just something that feels so good about getting your hair done. I feel like a new woman!! LOL! The temperature was really nice yesterday, but it was cloudy and very windy, so that was kind of a bummer. Oh well. I'll still take it.

My goal for today when I am grocery shopping is to find the Laughing Cow cheese!

My WI was this morning and I'm down 0.6 from last Friday. I hope everyone is enjoying their day so far. I haven't done any cardio since...um...Monday?! So I am hoping to get some walks in this weekend and maybe a jaunt on the treadmill. I downloaded some good songs, made a playlist, and I am going to jam out on it.

Monique
03-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Lisa, yeah, I agree with Emme. It's okay to just eat whatever the heck you want sometimes because you know that the next day you are gonna get back on plan.

GettinFit, enjoy your day at the salon. I didn't workout for two nights in a row but it's ok....working out isn't a weakness of mine anyway....it's the dieting part that doesn't like me. LOL

Emme, congrats on your loss.

I was planning on waiting at least until Monday to do my first weigh in after a week of intermittent fasting but I couldn't resist and got on the scale this morning. Because of my constant fluctuating weight I was at 216 when I started. Today, I'm at 212.....again! LOL. I lost 3.6 pounds...practically a pound a day thanks to this new way of eating. After my period leaves, I may find that I've lost even more than that because of the water weight. I'm so happy though. So thankful to have discovered IF on this forum. I don't have to put much effort into it at all. I just don't eat after 7 (8 at the latest) and I fast the next morning until 3 in the afternoon. I've never been much of a morning eater anyway so by fasting, I don't have to force myself to eat and burn some fat in the process.

For those of you who may consider this in the future (if it's safe for your body type), it's all about eating how you are now but you're squishing those meals closer together within a few hour period. YOU get to choose when your "eating window" is and from the moment your window closes and opens again is how long you're fasting. So think about how many hours a day you wanna be able to eat in and do it at the same time every day.

The other way people do IF is simply fast for 24 hours for two days a week. Sorry, that one ain't for me. I love food too much for that. LOL. At least with option one I can still eat my three meals a day.

I'm sure there are more options and stuff for IF but I don't know them yet. LOL. There are prbably many ways you can do it so that it works for you.

Just thought I'd give you a little of what I've been learning.

Monique

lisa34t
03-18-2011, 03:21 PM
Monique -that is awesome! I would love to try that but it would take a lot of effort. Yay for those 3lbs!

Emme - I hope you find the cheese! And yes a great playlist is key to a good cardio for me! I do gospel in the AM because I have to get my spirit motivated for the crazy world!!!

I walked this morning, I'm gonna walk or do the shred tonight! Baked chicken, broccoli and side salad for dinner.

Emme
03-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Monique ~ Nice work, girl! Good for you! :cheer: I give you credit for doing IF, but I'm like you when it comes to the 24 hour thing ~ there's no way!

Lisa ~ Your dinner sounds great ~ how do you like the shred DVD so far? I liked it for the most part, but some days I could have thrown the DVD out the window because I was tired.

GettinFit
03-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Monique - :congrat: Awesome job.

Emme - Congrats :cheer2: to you on your loss this week.

I'm hoping I can get back down to 213 soon. Hopefully by my W/I next week I'll be there.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Emme
03-20-2011, 04:37 PM
Hi ladies ~ I hope you are having a great weekend. Happy Spring! :)

This weekend has been ok ~ weekends are always tough for me because I am not on a routine. But, I've been eating ok. I've been really tired so I haven't been working out as much, but DH and I went on a 2 mile walk yesterday, so that was nice. I am really anxious for the warm weather to be here every day...

pattypaw
03-21-2011, 03:18 AM
I'm with you on the weekend thing Emme. I did much better this weekend than the last few, my only slip up was finishing my daughters donut. I'm still working on drinking more water, it'll get easier when the weather gets warmer. Well I hope everyone had a great weekend!

lisa34t
03-21-2011, 09:32 PM
HELLO LADIES!

Today was WI and a whopping.....1 lbs down! HAHAHA

Emme
03-22-2011, 10:03 AM
HELLO LADIES!

Today was WI and a whopping.....1 lbs down! HAHAHA

That's awesome, Lisa!! It's good to only lose a pound a week ~ slowly but surely! :cheer:

GettinFit
03-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Good morning Beauties,

Lisa - Congrats on your loss this week.

Emme - I've been having a hard time with the weekends lately too. I do good during the week but on the weekend, I've been sorta losing it.

I hope everyone else is doing okay and having a great week!

Monique
03-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Mor

Monique
03-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Good morning, Autumn Beauties. Wow....five more days until I'm sailing the Pacific on the Disney Wonder. I'm so excited. I will definitely start the April thread before I leave too so you all can check in there if you like. I will return on the 2nd so I won't miss anything.

Monique

Emme
03-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Emme - I've been having a hard time with the weekends lately too. I do good during the week but on the weekend, I've been sorta losing it.

Yeah, it's hard. I do sooo well all week because I am on a strict routine of work and exercise, but then on the weekends I have my binge thoughts where I want to go buy and eat anything and everything sweet I can possibly get my hands on! It's like there's this devil on my shoulder constantly whispering to me on the weekends to make cookies so I can eat them, make a cake so I can have some but then bring the rest to work. It sucks!!

Good morning, Autumn Beauties. Wow....five more days until I'm sailing the Pacific on the Disney Wonder. I'm so excited. I will definitely start the April thread before I leave too so you all can check in there if you like. I will return on the 2nd so I won't miss anything.

Monique

Ooh, Monique, you are going to have so much fun!! Thanks for starting up the April thread before you leave (April already?!?!). Enjoy your time on the Pacific! :)

TooManyDimples
03-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Hey ladies. Not much to check in with. Still on plan, still staying off the scale. =)

Congrats to everyone for their loses!

lisa34t
03-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Ok, this is crazy but TOM finally left Sunday. It was longer than usual cause I screwed up my birth control....BUT when I got on the scale tonight it said 216.6....I was very skeptical so i weighed again, then I had my boyfriend come in assure I wasnít crazy. IT really said 216.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot: I was shocked because of the number as well as the fact that it was so low at night, I normally weigh 2-3lbs more at night than morning. I went walking and had two glasses of wine tonight...So we will see what happens...... OH and for the last two WI i have recorded them to compile them at my goal.

Monique- I hope you have a splendid time!

Emme- Yes weekends are hard for me as well. Everybody wants to go out to eat or have get-togethers since its getting warm...and i havenít conquered either.......

Emme
03-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Ok, this is crazy but TOM finally left Sunday. It was longer than usual cause I screwed up my birth control....BUT when I got on the scale tonight it said 216.6....I was very skeptical so i weighed again, then I had my boyfriend come in assure I wasnít crazy. IT really said 216.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot: I was shocked because of the number as well as the fact that it was so low at night, I normally weigh 2-3lbs more at night than morning.

Awesome!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy023.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

pattypaw
03-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Hey everyone! Well here comes the weekend....I will not go off plan, i will not go off plan....I said it, now I have to do it! I hope you all have a great weekend.

Have a wonderful time Monique!

GettinFit
03-28-2011, 10:09 AM
Good morning ladies,

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I've not posted for several days now and I have missed checking in with you all. Last week was very busy and hectic for me. I had company in town and between entertaining, a hectic schedule at work and helping my cousin find a house (I'm a part time RE agent) I had no time for me. Whew am I glad my life is back to normal this week. I'm also anxious to get back to eating right and exercising. We won't discuss my eating over the last week. I have not been on the scale in over a week either and I don't plan to get on 'til the weekend. I just couldn't bear to see the numbers.

Congrats on your great W/I lisa. You are doing an awesome job.

Emme - I hope you made it through the weekend okay.

Monique - I can't wait to hear how much fun you had.

Hi TooManyDimples & Patty - Hope you had a great weekend too.

Let's have a great week ladies. I'm going to take it 1 meal at a time.

Today's journal
B: Greek yogurt, coffee
S: banana, trail mix (130 cals)
L: salad, ground beef patty, FF raspberry viniagrette dressing
D: chicken salad sand on wheat bun
Exercise: Walk

lisa34t
03-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Happy MOnday Ladies,

So today was official WI and.....215.8!! A total of 3lbs this week!!!!!!!! I am so excited for the first time ever in 6 years I weigh less than my boyfriend( he is at the gym as I type) LOL and I am so excited. This weekend was very hectic for me , I got so tied up I forgot about assignments I had due.... NOT GOOD! I really can t say I ate well this weekend but I did in moderation...except that for that dinner at Olive Garden. Im truly hoping to a minimal of 199.9 for Easter, gonna be hard but Im going to try!

Emme- Thanks!

Gettinfit- Thanks, & We missed you too, but it seems you got ALOT of business accomplished!

Pattypaw- I hope your self motivation worked!

Emme
03-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Hi Ladies! I missed you all this weekend ~ I haven't posted since Thursday, partly because I needed a mental weight-loss break from everything related to weight-loss. On Friday morning I weighed in at 184.2 which is the same that it was the week before, and my weight has not been moving since March 7th. I've been bouncing between 183 and 185 for the past three weeks, and it's really starting to get to me. I'm very frustrated, but I've lost inches which is great, but the up and down on the scale for the past 21 days is really starting to upset me. I am not being as strict as I can be on my calories, so I know that is something I have to reign back in. I have a week and a half left before the end of the Biggest Loser at work, so I am going to tighten up my calories this week and see what happens.

GettinFit ~ It sounds like your weekend was sooo busy! Don't worry about the eating part. You'll get back to it. I always say it's not worth it to beat yourself up over it. Every day is a new day.

Lisa ~ Congrats on the 3 pound loss!! Keep up the good work!

lisa34t
03-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Good morning Ladies

I was a terrrriibbblle snacker yeesterday! UGHH will stay on track today!

Have a great TUESDAY!

Emme
03-30-2011, 11:05 AM
Hi ladies! I don't think Monique started the April thread for the Autumn Beauties before she left on her cruise, so I'll start it up tomorrow. I hope everyone is having a great day. It's Wednesday, and we're almost to the end of the week.... :)

pattypaw
03-30-2011, 11:55 AM
March flew by!

GettinFit
03-31-2011, 10:12 AM
Good morning ladies,

Well I have been slacking for almost 2 weeks now and today I have decided to get my butt back in gear. I am admitting that I have had some binges over the past few days and this morning I feel like "crap":o I've convinced myself that eating garbage is not worth feeling like this so it is back to being good to my body. I will track my calories today and make sure I don't go over 1600. I think I'm going to cancel my Weight Watchers membership and just calorie count for now. I still haven't been on the scale so I have no idea what I weigh.

Emme - I hope you're doing okay and thanks for starting April's thread. I promise you that we're going to have a great April!

Lisa - Congrats on losing 3 pounds this week. You'll be in onederland before you know it. Keep up the good work.

Patty & TooManyDimples - I hope you're having a great day!

Emme
03-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Good morning ladies,

Well I have been slacking for almost 2 weeks now and today I have decided to get my butt back in gear. I am admitting that I have had some binges over the past few days and this morning I feel like "crap":o I've convinced myself that eating garbage is not worth feeling like this so it is back to being good to my body. I will track my calories today and make sure I don't go over 1600. I think I'm going to cancel my Weight Watchers membership and just calorie count for now. I still haven't been on the scale so I have no idea what I weigh.

GettinFit ~ I feel your pain with the binging. I have been a binge eater for 10 years and it got really bad for me in December. Counting calories is the only thing that has stopped me from binging...I don't know why, but I hope it's not just a phase. I'm glad you are not giving up ~ weight loss is a very emotional journey and it really messes with our heads!! Don't worry about the scale. Step on it if you are curious to see what you weigh and then move on from there, or don't step on it, get through April, and then weigh yourself. Whatever you do, don't beat yourself up!! You can do this, and you will do this ~ it's just a painful journey sometimes.

GettinFit
03-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks Emme for your warm words of encouragement. I hate when I give in to binge eating but I WILL NOT give up on my weight loss journey. If I did, I'd probably be 300 pounds (or more). Don't know if you watch the OWN channel but a new show starts next Tuesday on food addictions and I am so looking forward to watching it. I'm hoping that it will help me with my food issues.

I've had a very good day so far. I've only eaten half of my calories for the day and it's about 4PM. I plan on sticking to it tonight too.

I hope everyone else is having a good day.

Emme
03-31-2011, 04:20 PM
Don't know if you watch the OWN channel but a new show starts next Tuesday on food addictions and I am so looking forward to watching it. I'm hoping that it will help me with my food issues.

I've had a very good day so far. I've only eaten half of my calories for the day and it's about 4PM. I plan on sticking to it tonight too.

I hope everyone else is having a good day.

I'm glad you are having a good day! YES ~ I love the OWN channel and can't wait to see the new series about food addictions. I am hoping to learn a lot.