Old 02-28-2011, 08:18 AM   #1  
~*Regina*~

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default the weekends are tough!

I went to my WW meeting Saturday morning and lost another 3.6lbs but of course I fell off the wagon this weekend and ate like a pig! I also had some cocktails. I am so regretting it today because my body is not use to it anymore and I am not feeling well. I am afraid to even step on the scale because I know I gained. I really need to start controlling myself on the weekends but it's so hard when everyone else around me is enjoying there favorite foods and drinking. I do not go out every weekend but when I do I go way overboard.

Today is a new day and I am back on track. I just hope my body starts to feel better because I want to walk on the treadmill tonight.
BlueEyes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey good for you on the 3.6! And you are so right! Same here on eating more than on-plan allows and feeling yucky. My stomach was a mess yesterday from eating and drinking Saturday night. I didn't pig out, but the food was rich and I'm sure - loaded with calories galore. I'm going to give myself a day or two to be back on track before weighing myself.
Here's to quick recovery!
flippychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Congrats, 3.6 is amazing i too have the HARDEST time on the weekends. Then like you, am unhappy on Monday. I try to tell myself it's not worth trying to play catch up all week!! I'm the person (i know it's not how the plan should work) that by Friday is trying to make up for the past weekend before weigh in on Saturday I feel your pain!!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

Here I thought I was the Lone Stranger; I have started to "almost" dread the weekends when I'm trying to eat healthfully! I messed up this weekend as well -- and today feel horrible, both emotionally and physically.
I hope I can remember THIS feeling NEXT weekend!

Good luck, Chickies, as we get back on our plans!
OK Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #5  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

The weekends are really tough! Especially since my work schedule gives me a three day weekend. I weigh in on Mondays, and that kind of helps me keep it under control. Do you eat your weeklies during the week? I've found that if I'm very conservative with my weeklies M-Th, I feel better when the weekend rolls around because I know I have some wiggle room in terms of points if I want to go out with friends or eat out at a restaurant.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Weekends are definitely tough- last weekend was the first time since who knows when I didn't eat out on a weekend! And it made a huge difference for me!

I changed my weigh ins to monday specifically so that I would be more careful on weekends- don't know if you can do that but maybe just planning a monday weigh in at home would help you be more careful during the weekends?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #7  
~*Regina*~

I normally do not t0uch my weekly points until the weekend. This weekend I know I used all 49 points and more .

I use to weigh in on Mondays but hated going in the afternoon knowing I gained whatever I ate for the day. I like the meeting in the mornings so I am at my lowest weight for the day. Unfortunately the only Mornings they have around me that I can go to is on Saturdays.

I have a party to go to Friday night and I know there will be snacks and pizza. I am planning on making soda cupcakes so I can at least have something sweet. This will be a huge test for me.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:50 AM   #8  
Wishful shrinking

S/C/G: 266/235/160

I weigh in on Sunday mornings so it keeps me somewhat grounded on Saturday and then Sunday's after weigh in I don't have to worry so much because I have a whole week to get it off. Silly, but it works for me
barbaramatafeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #9  

Is junk and drinks your favorite foods? They don't support your weight loss goal so you will have to decide which is more important. If the weight loss is, sit down now and figure out how you will handle occasions like this in the future.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #10  
~*Regina*~

I actually did really good the first 4 weeks on WW and only had 3 alcoholic drinks the whole time. But now since I am on my 5th week for some reason this weekend just felt like it would be OK to eat and drink. Stupid me
Old 02-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

You're not stupid. You have friends and have a life and wanted to go out and be social. That's great. My leader is really keen on reminding us that life doesn't stop when you're losing weight and you can't give up everything you like to do -- that's why this is a lifestyle change and not a diet.

Maybe try to come up with a way to be more moderate when you *do* go out? Maybe limit yourself to a certain number of drinks? Or maybe substitute a 'skinny' drink for a regular beer or higher calorie frozen drink? Or say you can have 2 beers but you have to get jerk chicken or a salad instead of buffalo wings and mozzarella sticks?

There has to be a way you can find a balance so you can stay on track (even knowing that you may go up for a day or two afterwards because of sodium) but still go out and have fun. Decide what is most important to you and go from there.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote