South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 05:56 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Daily Chat - Monday, Feb. 28

Good morning and to the last day of February - my least favourite month!

We had a change in the weather late yesterday and all the snow turned to sticky snow. Poor Disney came in with a solid block of snow stuck to her legs and tummy. Poor baby could barely move until Dog Mum came to the rescue with a basin of warm water. I should have taken a picture but was more concerned about getting the cold stuff off my poor baby. Today we have freezing rain so she won't be out long.

Not sure what's on the schedule for today. I should drive to town to pick up some raffle tickets at the printer but refuse to drive anywhere when the roads are icy. Call me a wimp if you like! As usual, I have lots of desk work to do but the crunch for sending out tax stuff is over. I may take a stab at my own taxes to find out if the news is good or bad.

New month tomorrow. Goodbye February! Don't slam the door on your butt as you go out!

Old 02-28-2011, 06:03 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning Ruth, we've got the same nasty weather here. This should be our first day back at school after February vacation, but school is canceled because of icy roads.

I'm not sure what's on my agenda for today, but I'm sure I'll find plenty to keep my busy.

Enjoy your Monday friends!
Old 02-28-2011, 06:14 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

It's our first day back at school too, but it's NOT cancelled (ptl) - just very rainy today. We're back in the routine until Easter break, which is not until the end of April this year, although my son will miss two days of school at the end of March when we take a mini vacation to Philly.

We found a great rental at the shore (Kara - we rent in Ocean Grove - although none of us are Methodists it's just a great family-friendly atmosphere) which makes me so happy. Now our vacations for the year are set and most of them paid for! (Well, the money's been spent, we just have to pay off the cc and replenish the savings account). The one vacation that's not set in stone is our November Thanksgiving week but I think we'll just drive up to Boston for that one).

I've been thinking of also giving up salt (really - the salt shaker) for Lent (in addition to wine) - I just feel like I have consumed so much salt lately. I'm scared because I am a HUGE salter. I almost feel like it will be harder for me to give up salt than wine! We'll see.

Hope everyone has a great day...Mondays always kind of find me in a fog.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:19 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Ruth - I'm not about to call you a wimp. I don't drive on ice either. Snow is one thing but no amount of skill is enough on ice. We are going to have a big mess by the end of the day.
I recommend a nice pot of something warm and yummy cooking on the stove and a quiet day at home. I might just do that myself.

Heidi - I'm waiting to see if they do that here too. Enjoy your extra day.

Today is supposed to be our staff meeting day up north but I'm taking my own advice and staying put. We will meet by phone and then I'll get a lot more done here. Hmm, I think I'll put something good in the crockpot too

DW starts her new job today She is going in at noon so things should be a bit better around here. Then she's off to a music thing so not only do I get a quiet day, I get a quiet evening. It's nice to have the house to myself once in awhile and it hasn't happened much since she lost her job.

Hope your Monday is hassle free and your travels are safe.

ETA - good morning Mathilda I love vacation talk

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-28-2011 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I echo your sentiments, Ruth; good riddance to February! I hope poor, sweet Disney is all snug and dry and curled up under a warm blanket right now. How did little Jazz fare in the snow? Give both those pups a big cuddle and a scritch on the ears from me!

Heidi, it's great that you got an unexpected day added to your vacation, but ice is no fun! Be careful if you have to go out for anything!

We're having lots of rain with flood warnings, but the temps are pretty mild. As long as I don't have to worry about it freezing, I'll take it with no complaints. We had our first thunderstorm of the year during the night - another sign of Spring.

Mondays are always busy at Cindy's so I know my day will go by fast. The girls have piano lessons after school, and that means I won't be getting home until after 6. At least I'm not driving home in the pitch dark.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Matilda, good for you for thinking of giving up salt! Practically the only time I use salt is when it's needed in baking or some other recipes, otherwise, we rarely use it. There are so many other good salt-free spices out there that we don't miss it at all. Yay for you, getting your vacation plans all finalized and settled early!

Cyndi, tell Julie I wish her well on her first day at her new job! It's a good thing she doesn't have to be there early on your icy morning. Enjoy your quiet day at home, and I hope it's a productive day for you!
Old 02-28-2011, 06:49 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I'm popping in quickly to keep myself accountable. Lukas and I took a bit of a snooze on the couch so I'm behind on chores for the day. Ah well. The dust isn't going anywhere. I'd better get to it before Connor comes home, though. We have our monthly Parish Council meeting at church tonight so I've got lunch in the crock pot (butternut squash soup - yum!) and the kids' dinners in the freezer ready to go. Since Tom is the Council President and I have to attend the meetings because I'm the Religious Education Coordinator, the kids get to tag along and watch a movie while us adults attend to business.

Be back later!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, it will be another busy day, but at least I don't have to go out of the house if I don't want to. That makes me happy. There will be plenty of running around later in the week. I'm with Ruth, good riddance to February. Hope Julie's first day is great, and enjoy your peace, Cyndi. Matilda, I have been thinking vacation, but can't plan anything until DH gets home and we see what his life will be like the rest of the year. So frustrating not to be able to plan farther out - more expensive too! Kara, Heidi and cottage, have a great day, and hello to all that follow!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

It's off to work I go. Another busy week, but one that is on plan We are starting a Biggest Loser competiton at work today. It will go for the next 12 weeks(which is apprently how many weeks we have until summer vacation). I am excited to have one more things making me accountable.

I am sorry for everyone's crummy weather. I will be sure to enjoy our weather for you and hope it is headed your way. We are supposed to be sunny and in the high 50s.

Have a great day!!

Jasmine
Old 02-28-2011, 09:21 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Alright, I know I should know better, but I had a cheat over the weekend and I gained FOUR POUNDS from it. How that happens I will NEVER understand, because I did not eat anywhere NEAR 14,000 calories on Saturday (more like 2,000.) I will say that I haven't had a "celebration" worth writing home to mom about since Friday morning, which may be contributing to it, and I'm sure I'm hanging onto some sodium and water too. Back on track but very disappointed, as today is the last day of the month and tomorrow is weigh-in. FOUR WHOLE POUNDS. Sigh. Hoping for a whoosh to at least get me 2 more lbs so I hit my 5 lb goal for the month. No one's fault but my own. I mean, it was tasty, but had I known I'd gain 4 lbs from eating an extra 800 calories on Saturday, I wouldn't have done it!!!!

Happy Monday to everyone. I hope everyone has a successful OP day today!

Lisa

Last edited by weezle; 02-28-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It's a beautiful day here! I do sympathize with all of you who are getting hit again. I woke up early, had a cup of coffee with Kirk, and went back to bed. We just got up...now I must get going!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8"

Weezle, since I tend to go off plan (or eat too many yummy on plan foods) on the weekend, I NEVER weigh on a Monday or Tuesday - always Thursday, since I've probably been good for those 4 days.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

Weezle: I second Matilda's comments - although I do plan on weighing in tonight and DON'T plan on liking what I see (I hit > 2,000 on Friday and nearly 4,000 on Saturday)

It's Monday, a new day, we'll all get back OP together
Old 02-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Weezle, perhaps you could desensitize your off plan eating by acknowledging that you "did not" gain 4 pounds from your weekend. A few days back to the grindstone and you'll be fine! PS-I don't weigh for several days after an off plan/high sodium experience unless I can visualize in advance (without emotion) that the numbers will rise temporarily.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:39 AM   #15  
Be happy.

Hello again!

I've had a nice, slow paced morning, and I'm trying to make the most of my unplanned day at home rather than fretting about how late into the summer we'll be holding classes. Besides, if Linda is having thunderstorms spring can't be too far away no matter what it looks like in my back yard.

Weezle, there's no way that could be 'real' weight! Lousy timing though, I've got my fingers crossed for you. Drink lots of water today, that always helps me recover after off plan splurges.

Jasmine, enjoy your lovely weather today! And good luck with the Biggest Loser thing at school. I'm in one at my school too, even though I'm not trying to lose more weight. Thinking about the weekly Monday morning weigh in keeps me on track.

Matilda, good for you cutting back on your salt. We did the same several years ago when my DH's blood pressure was high. It was hard at first but we adjusted and now restaurant food always tastes salty to us. I've started eliminating artificial sweeteners. They were a godsend while I was losing weight but I don't want to be eating and drinking chemicals for the rest of my life. I've adjusted to tea and my oats without Splenda, it's the diet soda and sweet treats that I'm having a hard time giving up. It's time though. I once thought I'd never be happy without pretzels and Ritz crackers and now I can't remember the last time they even looked good to me.

Hello to Debbie, schmoodle, Kara & Amy As always I was glad to find out what you ladies have planned for the day. I hope I didn't miss anyone, if I did it's because I'm an airhead - and not because I'm a snob.
Closed Thread