Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 8 (02/28-03/06)

Bigmid
02-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Hi everyone here we are at week 8, I posted some stuff on week 7 just catching up with some posts I missed.

Well we used 4 Freebies (1 was on purpose) and we lost 4 more which leaves us with 24 people on the blue team.

I just want to say Congratulations to all of you who are left and are sticking with it:carrot::carrot: If anyone thinks they may miss WI just put in your same weight that you were you can always change it if you are near the computer after all.

Well a big congratulations to our Biggest Losers for the week:carrot::D:

Biggest Loser:
Cape Breton Chick, -4.2, -1.96%

Honorable Mentions:
Kelsey21, -3lbs, -1.72%
maryshady, -2.4lbs, -1.51%
Mercy03, -2lbs, -1.36%

Team Loss of -5.1lbs, -.11%

Bigmid
02-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Okay so I need to re committ to this challange I'm up then down then up again and spring is supposed to be around the corner and I want to be down.

I have 2 dinners out for the weekend but if I plan everything else out and up my exercise I should be okay.

As tomorrow is the last day of Feb I will say that I will be down 6lbs by the end of March.

I will exercise 4x's this week with cardio as part of the workout. I will start taking my vitamins and omaga 3's again too.

I will also come and post everyday to show some more team spirit and committement to the team

What are your goals for the week and for March?

Bigmid
02-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Hi everyone,
Results are posted and the Red team won for week 7 but I said we would give them a run for their money on week 8........Who's with me?

Doragone
02-28-2011, 03:10 AM
Well Bluesers - let's regain the victory - or should that be re-lose it:D?

Congrats to our own biggest losers and honorable mentions. I'm pleased to say this Saturday presented a lot of opportunities to go off plan, but I did great, with my week's loss at 2.4! My daughter Jessie's birthday party was here at the house. Her request was a big Mexican meal - tacos, chicken enchiladas and chile rellenos - plus a "white cake with white frosting" (topped with her favorite ice cream Beaver Tracks). I had 2 tacos, a small serving of enchiladas and rellenos. I had a huge piece of cake in front of me, complete with ice cream. Took a couple bites of each and left the rest!!! For me, this is huge. I didn't feel cheated, I got to have some, just not all.

Just for reference, here's a picture of Jessie and her "boyfriend" Sam (who incidentally said he wants to live here:eek:) He's cute but, um . . . well, happy to say, everyone went home.

http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff469/doragone7/

Here's to a losing week - good luck to us all, red and blue . . . but more for blue;) - I'm with you Jacky!!!

Dora

drinkypants
02-28-2011, 08:32 AM
Congrats all of the losers this week!! :carrot:

Dora - great job not eating the entire piece of cake! It's good to learn to have a treat, and not go overboard - victory! hehe + Congrats on your 2.4lbs! Nice job!! :broc:

Bigmid - I'm with you on giving Red a run for their money! Let's work hard to stay on plan this week team :cheer3::cheer3: Also, thanks again for all of the hard work you put in leading our team Bigmid! :hug:

My main goal for this week is to exercise at least 5x this week for 30 minutes. I have a feeling I will do more.. My husband and I started a gym membership yesterday, and I plan on wearing that membership out! There aren't any classes there, but tons of machines I am going to make use of.

I just started the presidential active lifestyle challenge, to get the award you need to log 30 minutes of exercise 5x a week for 6 weeks. It can be light exercise split up throughout the day, it's really just based on what you can do. I am trying to get my Mom to do it hehe Here's a link if anybody feels like doing it http://www.presidentschallenge.org/challenge/active/index.shtml

Anyways, good luck this week team! :cheer3::cheer3:

gvntofly
02-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Sorry I had a big gain last week :(

I had to take a couple of weeks away from everything. I was starting to feel real burned out. Then my hubby was on vacation last week and we didn't eat all that healthy. Plus I didn't exercise at all. Hence the big gain.

I am back on track as of yesterday. We ate healthy all day Sunday and I took my vitamins and fiber. I also got on the treadmil for 30 minutes and ran for 10 minutes of it.

I need to get back on track with the running, I have a 5k on April 2nd. I really want to run the whole thing. I can run for 5 minutes at a time now, so I should be able to accomplish being able to run 30 minutes by the 5k. That's only going to happen if I stick to it.

I promise I will have a loss come Sunday! :D

MamaP
02-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Another week wasted for me . . . plan to make this week better.

Hope everyone has a good day.

PageLynn
02-28-2011, 12:22 PM
wow only 5 lbs lost as a team? I hate here lately I hit a new low and then go off track ... takes 5 days to get back to low. I have to get serious about this!
Good Luck on this week for everyone!

NancyO
02-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Morning Blues and congrats to all the "losers"! So I had a pretty even week last week, didn't lose or gain, this week will be better. We're in for another miserable cold week in Calgary - mostly -20s, brrrrrr, so I'm going to focus on working out to keep warm. :) And I've decided I NEED to focus on tracking my food, so I'm making it a goal to track everyday in March. This week I don't have much on, expect for Chinese food on Saturday night, so hopefully I'll have some kind of loss.

Have a great day everyone!

PageLynn
02-28-2011, 05:29 PM
NO MORE CHINESE FOR ME! For a while at least. I thought I did so well. No rice mostly veggies and still about 1200 calories! Ridiculous! I have got to get right this week. I swear it must be because the weight is coming off slow. I am noticing muscle (like my biceps are amazing lol and the flab underneath my arms is going away!) but the number on scale is killing me. Maybe I just need to stop weighing daily.
Nancy: -20?!? TOO COLD for me. It got that way once this winter here and I refused to go outside.

Bigmid
02-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Hi everyone,
Well it's been snowing and very cold here today -24 and -36 with the windchill. So I dediced to drive to work today (I don't drive in the snow) but I thought I don't want to wait for the bus in this weather either. Now I go home in 15min and I'm starting to freak out a little. I hope the roads are okay.

Today so far very clean eating:carrot::carrot: I took my vitamins (have to stop the multi) it makes me sick so I will switch brands and see if that helps. I hope to exercise as soon as I get home and then that will be done too.

Dora - great picture thanks for sharing and WTG on the not eating large quantities......not sure I would have that kind of control around cake:)

Cocoloco - that's a great goal of 5x 30min and I hope you enjoy the gym. It's good when you can take full advantage of the price you pay for it.

gvntofly - sometimes your body just needs a break.....your back on track now. WTG on the treadmill and good luck in your first 5k.....I would also love to do one. I need to check some of the runs out here.

MamaP- not a wasted week just a week that is behind us:)

PageLynn - I know it's not fair how weight comes on in 1 or 2 days then take 1 to 2 weeks to go away again. Chineese food is loaded with sodium and the daily WI would show just that. Good job on eating mostly veggies......I eat mostly deep fried:)

Nancy - It is super cold out I hope your staying in town tonight. Good job on breaking even.....I wish I could say the same thing. Here is to us both being more accountable with tracking. I have your dinner then the management brunch this week so I hope to break even or even lose a bit. I might WI on Sat morning this week instead of Sunday:)

Well time to go home have a great night everyone.

Bigmid
03-01-2011, 12:55 AM
Well I did it 38min on the elliptical and 1 day of good eating done. Plus all my vitamins and minerals:)

Have a great night everyone. I'll add my jumping jacks into tomorrows push up routine:)

Soon2BFitChick
03-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Hi everyone. Been sooo busy! 2 kids home sick, plus my busy little monkey toddler and my house is a wreck from us all coming and going to docs, a birthday party this weekend. Just too much so the house is awful now and I have them all here and gotta clean ALOT!!

So have a great day! I hope mine isn't too bad! :yikes:

Hugsss, Selina :hug:

spryng
03-01-2011, 08:17 PM
I missed wi this week due to being out of town, I was only down .2 so I probably wouldn't have helped too much anyway, TOM was visiting as well, LOL.. hopefully this week I have a nice loss to contribute. So let's keep plugging along, I can't believe we are on week 8 already! Time is flying!

Narnia99
03-01-2011, 11:44 PM
:wave: everyone
I'm feeling better today, but my ds is still sick. I think my daughter is coming down with the flu now too.
I managed to do a weight workout this afternoon, and hopefully I'll be ready for a cardio workout tomorrow.

Congratulations Cape Breton Chick for being our Biggest Loser this week :cp:
Congratulations also to Kelsey, MaryShady, and Mercy :cheer:

Great goals Jacky! You can do it :cheer2:

Dora, that is wonderful that you were able to enjoy celebrating your daughter's birthday, without feeling cheated. Thanks for sharing the picture, your daughter looks like she had a great birthday!

Coco, that is cool that your husband joined the gym with you. Enjoy the membership!

gvntofly, good for you for getting right back on track!

Nancy, I'm also going to make it my goal to track my food intake everyday in March. I find I do so much better when I do. Yikes, -20, brrrrr. Hopefully, Spring will be there soon!

PageLynn, I love Chinese food, but like you said the calories sure add up fast. That's great that you are seeing changes in your muscles! I know it's so hard to not focus on the scale, but if you're seeing changes that's more important.

Selena, I hope your children are feeling better soon.

Bigmid
03-02-2011, 12:34 AM
Hi everyone,
Well I've done it.....2 days clean eating done and exercise done as well. Today I did the WATP 3 mile (45 min - 6302 steps) then finished off with 50 jumping jacks and 15 pushups then 15 min of hula hooping.

Selina - I hope the kids are feeling better as for cleaning the house think of it as your workout for the day:). Besides after chasing the toddler in between it will be a full cardio/strength routine.

spryng - I hope you have the loss you want on the weekend. It really is something how fast this challange has gone so far. I have so much catching up to do to get anywhere near my challange goal

Narnia - I hope you ds is better an dd doesn't catch it. WTG on still getting a weight routine in.

Well it was another chilly day today started off as -31 without the windchill this morning, snowing overnight and will finally warm up to -8 by Thursday only to get cold and snowy again Friday. Oh spring where are you.....I really don't want another 3+ weeks of winter.

It's been quite on here so far this week. I hope everything is okay with everyone. I will send a big Hello to all of you just so you know you were all thought of today:)

drinkypants
03-02-2011, 02:05 AM
gvntofly - That's really cool you're going to do a 5k.. I really want to do one this year, not for a while tho lol.. and great job getting back on track! :carrot:

MamaP - Look at how much you have lost already! You have almost lost 60lbs, what a great accomplishment! I don't care if it was during this challenge or not, you have proven you have what it takes to get weight off :hug:

Nancy and Bigmid - I watched this segment on the news about "shiver exercising" you go out in shorts, and it burns more calories, because your body is trying to stay warm. I bet in your area you could wear a heavy coat, and 3 pairs of pants and still be shivering.. You probably burn some good calories just checking the mail. lol

Page - it might be a nice break for yourself to not weigh daily.. some people swear by it.. I get frustrated by it personally lol

Selina - I hope things settle down a bit, and you get some "me" time.. it sounds like it's hectic over there

Narnia - It's great to hear you are feeling better.. I hope the little ones get to feeling better soon too

Bigmid - Great job on this jumping jacks, and push ups! I hope I can do that many one day. BTW My husband gets a huge discount at my gym through work, so it's only $10 a month for me... I really couldn't pass up the deal! I will definitely get my $10 worth and then some hehe

I also noticed it's pretty quiet here this week.. I hope everyone is doing well. :grouphug:

Doragone
03-02-2011, 02:47 AM
Hi Bluesers,

I've been pretty sick :barf:these last few days, but I'm on the mend. Had to power through working because when you're your own boss - there's just no one else:(. One more day, then I can rest. However - I promised myself that once I felt better - I would begin my exercise in earnest. My goal is 30 minutes at least 3 days a week, working up to 5 days a week.:running:

I've already met next month's mini-goal so I dropped it another 5 lbs not to make it too easy on myself. Can't wait til Spring is here either, I've got seven very special roses coming I can't wait to plant. I lose more weight in the summer too because I'm out in the yard nearly constantly. C'mon Spring!!!!!!

Narnia - you inspire me, you're so positive and encouraging to everyone:thanks:

Jacky - you too inspire me - I normally do WATP and you encourage me by your reporting its what you do and you've been quite successful:thanks:

Coco - you also made me look more seriously at exercise - obviously all this subliminal messaging is getting to me, :thanks:to you all

To all the rest of you who remain on the team - :thanks: for sticking with us, here's to one of our best weeks yet.

And for all who are feeling ill:getwell:

Go blue:cheer3:

Dora

mumtoliam
03-02-2011, 07:10 AM
Congratulations Cape Breton Chick for being our Biggest Loser this week.
Congratulations also to Kelsey, MaryShady, and Mercy.

I try my best to get one here about once a week, but last week and weekend I should have jumped on and just let out my frustration. I gained 800g this weighin. I made cupcakes with vanilla icing, ate a whole packet of choc biscuits, had drive through all last week. I know that if I don't turn it around this week, it is gonna be harder, and I am back to square one, well not quite.

I hit some bumps in the road the last fortnight, but I went to my WW meeting, made some plans, cooked dinner twice in a row. After complaints from my son, gave him the recipe books and asked him to choose 3 recipes that we will have this week. I am about to write my shopping list and I am feeling positive again. I want to get to my 5% off goal which should have been this week's weighin. Now it will be two weeks away!!!

I want this lifestyle change to be long lasting - and yes there are going to be days where there are bumps after bump after bump. But I MUST get back on the right path, and I choose that path again today!

I am going to a tropical island in the Great Barrier Reef on 2nd April. I want to go lighter, I want to not feel anxious because the airline seat belt may not fit(it always has but I worry what if), I want to be able to do the hike to the on the island without gasping for breath, I want to take my son snorkelling to see the coral and not be embarassed about my size (ok realistic I am still gonna be huge but I will feel more confident because I am lighter than earlier in the year), I want to know what are the better choices when I eat at the buffet, I feel confident enough to resist the temptations whilst away. I want to try some new sports whilst at the resorts. I want to feel what its like to live again! I want to be 4kg lighter. I can do this!!!

Soon2BFitChick
03-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Yes, hectic sounds mild compared with this! LOL!!! :yikes: But thanks, yes, I need me time but dunno when that'll be!! :tantrum:

Hope you all have a great day! :coffee2: I'm about to go clean some more and fold more laundry. :dance:

KimberlyP
03-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Hi Everyone!

Just thought I'd check in, I've been super busy so I haven't been able to get on here much. I weighed in today and have lost exactly 100lbs!! Never thought in my wildest dreams I'd ever be able to lose this much but I did it.

Hope everyone has an awesome week/weekend!

PageLynn
03-02-2011, 02:23 PM
BigMid: Wow! I work out everyday yet your description of your workout seems like a ton more lol. Maybe not but it seems like it is. I started 30 day shred 4 days ago so I just started jumping jacks daily. YUCK! Good job on working out!
Selina: Hope the kiddos are feeling better. Have fun cleaning lol.
CocoLoco: Yeah so I am still weighing daily lol. I am like addicted lol.
SO TMI ALERT: But MY D*MN TOM started today! 5 days early! I HATE IT! My hormones are still crazy from pregnancy. Last TOM lasted 2 weeks and now it came early! AND I HAD BOYFRIEND PLANS for Saturday! I know I feel like a little child throwing a temper tantrum :tantrum: but I had all these plans..I finally got 3 babysitters (yes it takes 3 for my 2! kids)...every thing set and now this! I realize I can still go and have a great time but darn it if I didn't want to have to think about TOM. Since I am staying overnight I will worry about everything. Sorry just had to vent lol.

PageLynn
03-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Congrats KIM!

KimberlyP
03-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Congrats KIM!

Thankyou so much!! I never in a million years thought I could ever do this but I did it and I'm going to continue on this journey :carrot:

sandlll
03-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Congrats on the 100 pounds lost! Wow, that is incredible!!!

drinkypants
03-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Wow Kimberly - Congrats!! You made it! That's truly amazing :congrat:

We've had a couple of people on our team hit some major milestones during this challenge.. it's really cool to see.

That's a lot of babysitters Page lol Overnight plans, and the evil TOM monster comes early... no fair!

mumtoliam - we all have bumps for sure.. sometimes it's harder than others to get back on track, but it sounds like you are planning ahead.. so I know you can do it! You WILL be smaller for your trip! Having your son pick recipes to try sounds fun :)

Good luck with your plans today team :cheer3:

PageLynn
03-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Kim: Glad to hear you are going to continue. I saw ur post in Weight Watchers board where you were thinking about quitting.
CocoLoco: It takes 2 babysitters for the baby as my mom is unsure with the baby and her boyfriend is really good with him (he has a year old grandson so he has more recent practice than her lol). My grandma watches my 3 year old because he pretty much entertains himself and she doesn't have lift him or entertain him lol. Yes TOM is pure evil. But in hormone-whacked style it was heavy and now barely there? I just want it gone by saturday!

CourtneyDaisey
03-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Hi Everyone!

Just thought I'd check in, I've been super busy so I haven't been able to get on here much. I weighed in today and have lost exactly 100lbs!! Never thought in my wildest dreams I'd ever be able to lose this much but I did it.

Hope everyone has an awesome week/weekend!

Hi KimberlyP! I am just popping over from the Red Team to tell you...

WOW!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

100 pounds lost?!?!?!?!?! That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Well done! I can't wait to be able to say those same words someday! :hug:

dream710
03-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Hey team! Ive been having a rough couple of weeks. I'm working on setting up an appointment with a nutritionist. I'm sure she'll tell me to eat more veggies and less processed foods, but I'm hoping she'll be able to give me advice on how to properly nourish my body for the 1/2 marathon I'm training for. Hopefully its not a waste of money.

KIM~WOOHOO on 100lbs lost!! Your doing AWESOME keep up the hard work.

Bigmid
03-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Hi everyone I was lurking earlier and forgot to post. Now I'm falling askeeps whee I sit/stand so in bed now. I will be back tomorrow for personals

Kimberly - 100 lbs that's AWESOME......WOOHOO.....WTG :)

Talk to you all tomorrow night night

Soon2BFitChick
03-03-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm soooo happy for you Kim! I was just as excited when I hit my 100. Never thought it would get here either! LOL! But yay!!! :yay:

I'm kinda sick like the kids now so moving slower today but I'm still gonna get my list done! I don't care if I'm sick. The show must go on! :encore:

Hope yall have a great day.

PageLynn
03-03-2011, 05:04 PM
OMG guys I had a major change in focus today! Not in weight loss but it was triggered by this journey! I'm changing my major to Nutrition. My new career path I want to go down is to become a Nutritionist and eventually add personal trainer to that! I feel nuts since I have a year left in my political science major. What do u guys think? change major or not?

Bigmid
03-04-2011, 12:17 AM
Hi guys sorry no personals yet crazy day at work ( self inflicted ) then worked out, ate, bit of tv Now ready to fall asleep again. I'll be back though have a good night

PageLynn - not sure what to tell you as I don't know what a political science major can get you as far as careers. But I do know that whatever you decide to do it has to feel right to you no matter what anyone else thinks.

sandlll
03-04-2011, 07:31 AM
Hi there Pagelynn I have my masters in nutrition. I would recommend getting your current degree and maybe squeezing in some nutrition prerequisites. Then go back and get your masters degree in nutrition. That way all the courses you already took will count towered something and in the end you'll have a masters degree...

PageLynn
03-04-2011, 12:20 PM
thanks sandlll I never thought about that.

Bigmid
03-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Hi everyone,
Well I got my machine working today at work so yeah!!!!!!
Now I have some time and I will do the personals I've been missing out on.

Cocoloco - I have heard about the shiver exercising however......I HATE BEING COLD....LOL so I can't participate in that for of exercise:) Don't worry about the jumping jacks, you'd be amazed at how fast the amount you can do goes up with each day of trying. I have a workout DVD that does 50 about 4 or 5 x's throughout it and wow I thought I would die the first few times then by the following week it was better then got to the point of hey this isn't bad at all. WOW $10 gym membership that's awesome

Dora - I do enjoy the WATP DVD's and find that they are a great workout. I have her Bootcamp one as well and really like that as there are strenght moves incorporated into it. I have a beginner pilitaes(sp) one that she did but I haven't tried it yet. I hope you are feeling better now take it easy with the exercising until your full recovered. Your goal of 30min 3x's a week is a very good one.

mumtoliam - Make sure to come on here especially when you are frustrated as we can help you through it and sometimes just telling someone about it makes it better. What a great idea to get you son to pick out some recipes that way you are both involved with the process. WOW your vacation sounds amazing I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. The buffets that the resorts have are filled with good choices as well as the higher cal ones so you will have lots of varity to choose from.

Selina - Hello hope all is well with you and that your feeling better.

Kimberley - Has your accomplishement of the 100lb loss sunk in yet:) great job and wow only 17.6lbs to goal......I'm jealous:)

PageLynn - I was thinking the same thing about your workouts. You spend more time on them than I do and the 30day shred is a tough one. What type of Zumba workouts are you doing and do they actually teach you the moves. The Wii workout does not have good instructions so I just wing it on their. Wow that is a lot of planning for the sitters so I hope you still go out and make the most of your evening. Have fun. Another note to the major I was thinking this morning the same as sandlll was that you finish the one you were going to and add the nutrition major to that one. Good luck.

dream - A 1/2 marathon that's great I want to start doing actual races as I think that's the motivation I need to keep going. Plus the running was really toning my waist line as well. Can't wait for all the snow to be gone and Spring here so I can start running again. Good luck with the nutritionist.

Hello to the rest of the Blue Team and I hope you all have an awesome day.:carrot::carrot:

PageLynn
03-04-2011, 03:11 PM
PageLynn - I was thinking the same thing about your workouts. You spend more time on them than I do and the 30day shred is a tough one. What type of Zumba workouts are you doing and do they actually teach you the moves. The Wii workout does not have good instructions so I just wing it on their. Wow that is a lot of planning for the sitters so I hope you still go out and make the most of your evening. Have fun. Another note to the major I was thinking this morning the same as sandlll was that you finish the one you were going to and add the nutrition major to that one. Good luck.
I am going to talk with my advisor about what she thinks would be best. I am so confused on it all lol.
I bought the Zumba DVDs with toning sticks so I could do it at home. They have an instructional dvd. But honestly I did the instructional dvd twice and then just jumped right in. There are so many variations and other moves they do in the actual workouts that it's a learning process all the way through lol. 30 day shred makes me sweat like crazy after 3-5 minutes but it doesn't seem as hard anymore since I have all the other videos kicking my butt daily lol.

PageLynn
03-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Oh and btw not sure how my weight will be this week. May need to take a freebie. I have felt so bad with this horrible TOM and my eating hasn't been the best.

drinkypants
03-04-2011, 07:59 PM
I am getting ready to head to the gym.. but just wanted to check in...

Good luck with your date tomorrow Page!

I hope you all have a great weekend.. and good luck with your weigh ins! :cheer3::cheer3:

Bigmid
03-04-2011, 08:50 PM
OMG!!!!!!! The elliptical just kicked my @&$. I did 40 min but picked an actual circuit program......wow so much harder than my own custom one. Burned 404 calories though:)

Soon2BFitChick
03-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the well wishes. Hope to be able to exercise tomorrow. Hard to get going again after being sick. :faint:

Page, whoever said go for masters, I'm with her! And definitely has to feel right for you and no one else. Good luck with it all!! :hug:

Hi Bigmid, Coco, Mum, Dora, Kim, Angela, Sand, dream and all the Bluezers!!!! :cheer3:

Have a good nite, I'm about to get kids ready for bed... and at least my weight is back down from dumb TOM. So Yayyy!!! :cp:

Hugs, Selina :hug:

mumtoliam
03-05-2011, 12:43 AM
Way to go Kimberley!!! What a milestone!

river
03-05-2011, 07:40 AM
I love reading about everyone's week and progress on this thread.

Kimberley, I sent you congrats on the WW forum but it can't be repeated too often, great job!!! WOW!

Selina, I remember you from a few years ago when I posted here. You were always so nice and it's awesome to see what you have accomplished. Congratulations :D

Thanks to the Chicks who welcomed me to the group on last week's thread. I posted this last week

"Right now I'm going to set a short term goal and hold myself accountable.
I will break my plateau of 156/157 for the March 6th WI. It will be 155 or less."

I'm happy to say that I weighed in this morning at 155. That's my lowest weight since 2000. :carrot:

I'm traveling again this coming week, this is my 4th trip since this challenge began so it's no wonder I was plateauing. I won't have access to a kitchen or likely a computer while I'm away so I'm putting my weight in the same as right now for next week so I don't get disqualified. If I can get near a scale and computer I'm going to update my WI for next week.

Setting a concrete goal worked so well for me last week I'm going to do it again.

This week I will prepare a strategy for staying POP while traveling and be down 2 more pounds to 152 or less on the March 20th weigh in.

I'm happy to say that my training for the half marathon is going great and I believe that my time will be a good one. :)
Edit- I'm down another pound today to 154, YAY! I edited my goal above to lose 2 lbs in the next 2 weeks.

Cape Breton Chick
03-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Hey All!! Again I am apologizing for being MIA.. this week was a tough one back to work after being so sick the week before, and this week another staff was sick so being short staffed I was working 10 straight hour days and at night in bed before 8 alot because I am still fighting off that bug.. as a result I am up 2 pounds this week.. I was not drinking water as I should so I think that is part of the problem and I was not eating regularly... aghhhh lol back on track and am comitting myself to tracking everyday and getting in some exercise this week.

Bigmid
03-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Morning everyone,
Well I did a WI this morning and it's no where near what I was hoping for after being so good this week:(. It's crazy though as I was watching some PVR'd versions of biggest loser last night and they were disappointed with 5/7 lbs I'm like hey any loss is good......then I step on and I'm disappointed.....go figure. There's just no being happy:)

PageLynn
03-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Well somehow I maintained this week. Thru period cravings and mexican last night. Still 191. Oh well this next I will get back on track and lose!

Bigmid
03-06-2011, 02:15 AM
Hi I'll do personals again tomorrow as I did some good workouts today then went to Nancys house tonight so not writing lots right now. Just wanted to say goodnight and don't forget about WI TOMORROW
I have a brunch to go to at 11am and then I hope to get another workout done in the afternoon.
Talk to you all tomorrow.

dream710
03-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Hello Blue! Well I managed to gain two pounds this week. With everything I've eaten this week I'm glad its not more. I went to the grocery store Friday night afterwork and bought healthier choices for the week. Today I'm going to make a recipe from my healthy cookbook, and have my meals packaged for the whole week. Part of my problem this week was I didn't have time to prepare my lunch, and ate a lot out of the vending machine. Hopefully my preplanning will help me drop these extra pounds.

I'll be back later to do personals..gotta get ready for church.

Bobbolink
03-06-2011, 08:45 AM
:grouphug::celebrate:Congratulations Kim on your 100 pound loss, what a fantastic job! Your perseverance and will to get healthy is truly remarkable, keep up the good work!

I weighed in today and have lost exactly 100lbs!! Never thought in my wildest dreams I'd ever be able to lose this much but I did it.

reji
03-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Well, I took a freebie this week. After the stress of last week, it took me another half week to get back into the habit of exercising, and with TOM coming any day now, I've been so hungry lately. I'm up less than a pound, but I thought taking a freebie might help me to get back on track.

Congratulations Kim on your 100 lb. loss!

sandlll
03-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Hi Everyone, I lost 1.6 this week, I'm ok with that, but I wanted to be in the 160's by my bday with is this Wed. Not sure if I will make it or not! Lots of green salads in my future! Hope everyone has a great week!!

Doragone
03-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Hey Bluesers!
Well my ticker shows a lower weight than my weigh-in, but there was still a loss. I think my body went into survival mode after being sick, but all is good. Except . . . still haven't exercised yet. Still hopeful for that, my little man is lonely down there. ttyl.

Dora

Bigmid
03-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Hi just under an hour left to post you WI please remember to do it.

I didn't end up exercising today but I did get in 5 workouts this week so that's not to bad. I did okay at my brunch today not eating as much as I thought I would but then I was at Costco and had an ice cream.....mmmmm they are so tasty.

I think I am putting in this mornings weight which is up a pound from yesterdays WI but then if I gain from today I'm not having to lose all that and then some to post for next weeks WI (not sure if that makes sence to anyone but me)

river - you travel a lot for work it must be hard with the lack of cooking for yourself. I also find when I travel I never drink as much water as I should either. Congratulations on breaking your plateau:carrot:

Angela - Hope your feeling better and stronger now and that all the staff at your work is better too so that you can work normal hours again.

PageLynn - good job on maintaining

dream - good job on preparing for next week to have lunches prepared....it really does make a big difference. I hate making my lunches but they do help:)

reji - it's amazing what stress can do to our bodies. You'll be back in the swing of things next week:)

sandlll - great job on the -1.6 and Happy early Birthday in case I miss posting it on Wed.

Dora - good job on loss and the exercising will come:)

Big Hello to Cocoloco, Selina, mumtoliam, Bobbi, and everyone else on the Blue Team.

PS - only 30min left to WI now.