General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #1  

Default Sip Of Water After Every Bite

Anyone else doing this? I've been taking a drink of water after every single bite of food i eat. I like it because it get more water in every day, feel fuller and i eat slower. Just a little change that seems to be working for me.
nuumite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I'd love to believe that drinking helps with hunger (because I could justify it), but I've always heard the opposite.

From what I've read and been told, you shouldn't drink with meals because it supposedly makes the food leave your stomach easier/earlier, so it takes longer to feel full, and you feel hungry again sooner.

I always hoped it was a myth, because I've always had two to three glasses of water or other non-caloric beverage with meals, and because of what I've read and heard, I've always wondered whether I should at least cut back (I've tried going without a beverage, and I just can't).

I had assumed that the advice was true, but now I'm wondering whether the water with meals thing is just a myth. I would love to hear from people who've done it both ways, whether they've found a difference with hunger and appetite, and how much of a difference. I'm wondering if it's another "individual" thing.

Last edited by kaplods; 02-27-2011 at 04:44 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I have a glass of water before a meal, and a hot drink after it, I don't drink with the meal. This is when I'm at home, just eating normally. It's not a deeply thought-out plan, it's just whant I've ended up doing, and it works for my hunger - on days when I've kicked head-hunger in to touch anyway!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote