20-Somethings BL Corner - Team Daisy Chat

View Full Version : Team Daisy Chat

KimL1214
02-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Here is where you get to know your team mates! Just a reminder, chatting is not required to be part of the challenge, although it is strongly suggested!

Good luck everyone!!!

Here is your team…

Team Daisy
alsten02
armywife88
bbg200
Chantelle
chloekinsicle
dandk0204
fatmac
jaimie1980
Jelbelle
kariatari
KimL1214
kristilinn13
lackadaisy
lostangel05
maenad
Nienna
peanutt
Rtsmme4life
ScarlettDrawl
SnowWolf
southernbelle102
summershine
takingcontrol
toastedsmoke
Vanny

southernbelle102
02-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Not sure which team I am on since I am listed on both :) but I wanted to say Hi everyone!!! Can't wait for this challenge tomorrow!!

KimL1214
02-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Sooooo LONG story short... I have been trying to get to a computer since Monday, but due to the fact that we are on vacation, it has been quite a struggle. My mom's computer is a POS, so I just spent almost $1000 getting it fixed, so I BETTER be able to get things rolling now!!!

Due to this minor set back, I am pushing back the date when SW are due as I know it's unfair to expect everyone to get them in by tomorrow night... SOOOOO... our official starting date has been pushed back to March 6... I'm really sorry for the delay, and will be on top of things from here out!

Important info from this post:
New SW due March 6, not Feb. 27!!!

lostangel05
02-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Hello Team!

summershine
02-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Oh Hai Guys :D

peanutt
02-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Hi teammates!! :D

southernbelle102
02-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Hi everyone!! I can't wait til the challenge starts up again!! Why don't we all give a little intro on ourselves:
Most Recent NSV: I know this is random but my fingers have shrunk and now my class ring from high school fits again (went down 3 sizes):carrot:... I don't wear it but its fun that it fits!!
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 10-15 lbs
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: stick to my plan (1200-1600 calories a day and some walking... NO cheating!)
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I guess some travel... that can cause water retention
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: This is my 4th challenge and I can't wait to start!!

summershine
02-26-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm game for a little intro! (as long as I can steal your format, that is :P):
Most Recent NSV: Had to take in a pair of jeans :D
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 17 lbs (or moar!)
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Pre-plan/cook all my meals so I'm not tempted to stray to the naughty stuff!
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Trying to do this all while keeping up with my schoolwork
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: Is already messing around in photoshop making a Team Daisy signature! :D

lackadaisy
02-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Clearly, I should be team mascot, since I AM the team name. :cool:

Most Recent NSV: Being able to turn down both fried plantains and sweet potato soufflé at dinner today. I am becoming so much better at self-control.
Weight Loss Goal: I'm going to be really ambitious -- 7 lbs.
Battle Plan: I'm going all-out after my thesis is turned in on the 9th. That means: 30 Day Shred + running 10+ miles a week (and more each week) + maybe starting P90x Lean. I've been good so far about eating ~1300 cal/day, except those occasional 1600cal "fail" days... during this challenge, I'm going to focus on setting up good habits so that I eliminate cravings entirely.
Challenges: Spring break (enough said). Senior spring partying/dining (I've been staying sober to write, but that's SO ending after March 9th). Oh, and all fried/sweet/amazing carbohydrate based foods.

This is my first challenge. At the end of it I'll be running about 10k in a marathon relay, so I'm really committed to getting into tip-top shape. Excited to make this happen!

southernbelle102
02-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Clearly, I should be team mascot, since I AM the team name. :cool:

Clearly, yes! :)

lostangel05
02-26-2011, 10:23 PM

Most Recent NSV: being able to chase my sons around without feeling like I just ran a mile

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 10-15 lbs sounds good

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: eat good healthy foods, stay under my calorie limit, exercise 5 days a week 30-60 minutes

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Just everyday things and anytime I go out with friends

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: This is my 1st challenge! I'm a single mother of two who is unfortunately unemployed right now. Using this free time to shape up and become healthier so I can always be ready for what the life of a young, single mother brings.

lostangel05
02-26-2011, 10:25 PM
I just bought two new workout videos and some heavier hand weights. I have to laugh because I'm like just so excited about those things!

lackadaisy
02-26-2011, 11:56 PM
lostangel -- what videos? I just ordered 30 day shred and I'm SO excited. I really shouldn't start before I finish my thesis, but I may just tear up the gym the moment it arrives. :)

lostangel05
02-27-2011, 12:01 AM
I looked at the 30 day shred but bought Jillian Michael's Ban Fat Boost Metabolism and Leslie Sansone's 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk.

kristilinn13
02-27-2011, 02:28 AM

Most Recent NSV:Tracking my points for a whole week and dragging myself out of bed start walking/power walking at the wellness center.

Weight Loss Goal: 8-10 lbs.

Battle Plan: Continue tracking my points, but earning more activity points. I'm hoping to start C25k this coming week. I'd also like to start a rotation of doing my Zumba/30DS/Turbo Jam DVDs.

Challenges: Spring break/Nephews birthday party/stress from school-job-family-the future :S

armywife88
02-27-2011, 04:28 AM
Most Recent NSV: fitting into pants I wore my senior year of HS
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 10 lbs
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: track my points better and stay on plan!
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Hubby leaving for the field. Stress of an upcoming deployment

southernbelle102
02-27-2011, 07:35 AM
praying for a whoosh.:) I haven't lost anything this week... its only my second week in this weight loss journey not to see a loss. A whoosh is bound to be around the corner :D

summershine
02-27-2011, 08:37 AM
*chants*

Whoosh Whoosh Whoosh Whoosh Whoosh! :D

edits: and since tulip have already go their sig on..

http://i54.tinypic.com/2s7dx5v.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2s7dx5v.jpg

(take out the spaces)

takingcontrol
02-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Hi all, this is my first challenge and I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and having a challenge to push me to keep on going!

Most Recent NSV: Non of my workpants fit anymore, and getting into a pair of shorts I've been hiding in my cupboard for two years :)

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: I'm not too sure, as much as I can, hopefully over 10lb

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: No snacking Mon-Fri and being sesible at the weekends. Eating a cereal/yogurt/fruit brekkie everyday and then a balanced lunch and dinner. Exercising at least 5 times a week, doing workout DVDs, C25K (start week three tomorrow) and resistance training.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Just being in Thailand is a huge challenge, the heat and humidity, the food culture and lack of healthy options. 14th March is my birthday, and now I'll be back home for the final week of the challenge, which will be super tough not to go crazy eating everything I've missed so much!

takingcontrol
02-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Think I'm approaching my 20 days here, looking forward to getting the sig all set up before next weeks start day weigh in.

A couple of questions what does NSV stand for? I got the gist but cna't work out the acronym.

Also, for those of you that have a usual weigh in on a different day, do you take your weight from that day each week and update early, or do you do another weigh in on Sunday for the challenge?

toastedsmoke
02-27-2011, 10:57 AM
takingcontrol: NSV means Non-Scale Victory. So like most recent non-scale-related achievement in your journey. This is my 3rd BL challenge and these challenges have kind of made me switch my weigh-in days to Sundays but I guess you could update early if you truly don't want to do a Sunday weigh-in.

Southernbelle: I too am praying for a whoosh. I have been praying for one for a bit now. I don't know what's up with this pause. I'm not cheating, I'm 100% on plan, I even measure black pepper out now at dinner and calorie count that too. Anyway, here's to whooshes for Team Daisy.

Hello team! I can't wait to get to know you guys and rock this challenge together! Here's my intro:

Most Recent NSV: Being able to button a pair of size 10 pants I've had since I was 12 but have never ever been able to wear because they were too small even then. Obviously they give wayyy too much muffin top to wear in public but the point is that they buttoned up!!! They've never done that before.

Weighloss goal for the challenge: I'd want to be in the 180s so I'll say 10lbs because the way things have been going THAT is ambitious!

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Weightloss Goal: Drastically reduce carb intake from non-vegetable sources. So for the duration of the challenge no bread allowed at all, rice or pasta allowed only at two meals a week. (Is this sustainable? NO! But I can do it for the challenge duration...sighs) 2 long runs a week + workout 6 days a week.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations: The main challenge for me is from myself. I've been struggling with keeping a positive attitude without positive reinforcement from the scale. It gets really discouraging especially when you see other people with similar stats just sailing through the pounds and you know you're honestly putting in the work and effort. In fact the only reason I haven't given up is because after all this effort so far, it would be such a waste, otherwise emotionally, I'm pretty much over this journey. So my two major challenges would be to keep on keeping on and to stop comparing my journey to other people's journeys and just keep trying. I'm hoping this challenge will keep me accountable, motivated, supported and on track to continue in this journey.

kariatari
02-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Most Recent NSV: Before Thanksgiving, I was able to fit into jeans that I haven't been able to wear in years. Like I said though, that was before the holidays, when I totally let myself go. But at least I didn't let myself go back to where I was when I could barely squeeze into ANY of my pants!
Weight Loss Goal: 12 pounds
Battle Plan: South Beach Diet and working out 5 days/wk. Couch-2-5k, walks, bike rides (once it gets warmer!) and strength training/toning on my own at home.
Challenges: Any time I go out with friends and coworkers. Ugh. Hard to stay away from the bar food. Also, my fiance must be allergic to chlorophyll since he'll eat nothing but meat, potatoes, and pasta, which is definitely not SBD friendly. It's hard to plan two meals a night.

Other stuff - I'm getting married in September 2012, so I want to rock that white dress. At this weight, even shirt shopping is high pressure for me, so I can't even imagine wedding dress shopping right now! My motivation is to get down into the mid 150's by May when I'll start dress shopping. :)

lackadaisy
02-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Kariatari-- Wow, I thought I was being ambitious. Good luck working on that white dress! You can do it :)

toastedsmoke -- One NSV I'm proud of is cutting out nearly all bread, pasta, & rice. I still eat a cookie now and then (working to cut that) and definitely can't give up cereal, but the bread was definitely tough as first. But I know you can do it.

When I was weaning myself I found it was useful to put a little bit of rice or pasta on a salad -- so I could still taste it, but ate only 1/2 tsp or 1 piece of pasta with each big bite of salad. That way the 1/4 cup of cooked pasta I was having with my meal went so much farther than 1 cup usually does. I don't think I could have gone cold turkey.

SnowWolf
02-27-2011, 07:17 PM
Most Recent NSV: I don't have any recent ones. :(
Weight Loss Goal: 7 pounds
Battle Plan: No piggy days. Also continue eating the way I am eating now. Walk 3 times a week while doing turbofire 6 days a week.
Challenges: I need to exercise more, focus on homework( having better time management so I can get my exercises in), and get more rest. And if I do give into to something not to get so upset and sad...like for example yesturday I reached 138, but I somehow made it into a cheat day, now I'm around 3 pounds heavier. I just have to be patient, I keep telling myself- It's ok, it will take a couple of days to get back, then you can move on.

SnowWolf
02-27-2011, 07:24 PM
@summershine, nice siggy!:) GO TEAM DAISY!

lostangel05
02-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Awesome sig! Adding it now.

kariatari
02-27-2011, 11:48 PM
lackadaisy - I might be overextending myself with my goal a little, but I'd be happy if I even just got 10. Plus, I did SBD Phase 1 before and dropped 7 lbs in two weeks. But you just reminded me of something - I'm starting Phase 1 tomorrow, so I won't get to count the the weight I lose this week toward my weight lost in the competition. Damn! Better change the goal to 8-10 then. LoL!

takingcontrol
02-28-2011, 05:43 AM
I'm hoping so hard for big numbers for the next 6 weeks, it's now or never, no excuses, pushing it to the limit time from me, please let it work!

takingcontrol
02-28-2011, 05:44 AM
PS, thanks ToastedSmoke for the NSW explanation, I find those kind of victories way more exciting than numbers on scales!

I can't wait to get the siggy, think it's almost time :)

takingcontrol
02-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Well, it's bedtime here in Thailand, I hope I won't miss you all everyday during the challenge!

I've had a good day, yogurt and cereal for breakfast Thai style pork and squid salad for lunch (my lunch options are seriously limited!) And then two left over meat skwers from last nights bbq for dinner. Also two small bottles of freshly squeezed orange juice and a ton of water. I managed to avoif the birthdya cake and other snacks at work todya that made me happy.

On a normal day my diet would include a lot more veg, but today the fridge was bare and I had no time to go out and get any, but that'll be resolved tomorrow.

Exercise today I did 30 mins c25k (week 3 day 1) and then some sit ups, lunges, squats and arm strength training for about 20 mins.

Tomorrow I plan on eating more veg and doing an hour workout DVD plus a little arm workout.

Have a good day all :)

peanutt
02-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Most Recent NSV: running for 10 minutes without stopping
Weight Loss Goal for the Challenge: ONDERLAND! I'm about 10 lbs away.
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: pre-plan all weekly food, clean pantry to get rid of some junk that has been accumulating since the holidays.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: lung issues have kept me from my usual cardio workouts, I've been fighting "diet fatigue" lately

lostangel05
02-28-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm so excited. Down to 200.8 today. So close to that Onderland!

southernbelle102
02-28-2011, 01:00 PM
lostangel, you are SO close to onederland!! Congrats!!

lackadaisy
02-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Omigosh lostangel that's terrific! :)

I haven't really slept well these days so I'm actually really hungry today and have already blown through 900 calories before dinner... ugh. I figure that this question is best posed to other students, young mothers, & of course party animals like we 20somethings tend to be... ;) how do you girls stay on plan when you're sleep-deprived?

dandk0204
02-28-2011, 06:04 PM

Most Recent NSV: I haven't had any in awhile

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 20 lbs

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Exercise 30 minutes everyday, 60 mintues 4x a week even if it is walking. Eating 1200 calories a day.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Everyday is a challenge at this point but I will overcome it.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I had twins on January 4th so I'm trying to get back on track!

southernbelle102
02-28-2011, 10:24 PM
I went shopping today and bought some 14/16 shirts... yay!!

maenad
03-01-2011, 04:41 AM
Hello! Starting to think we should be called team international... we are all from so many different places!

Most Recent NSV: haven't had one in a while because I have been steadily gaining for the past three months!
Weight Loss Goal for the Challenge: 8 lbs.
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: avoid late night eating, plan my meals, COOK rather than go out.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I want to avoid alcohol for the next 6 weeks and try to drink less than once a week.

takingcontrol
03-01-2011, 07:11 AM
Wow Lostangel, you're nearly there :)

Southernbelle, congrats on the new shirts, I can't wait to get back to the UK and hopefully be in smaller sizes, bring it on!

Maenad, I agree on us being team international, pretty cool! Where in Vietnam are you?

Well, so far today I'm on track, just psyching myself up to workout before dinner. Have just got back from the supermarket and bought only veg and salad stuff, pleased I can completely bypass the crisp and chocolate aisles now! So, my reward for a good workout tonight is a lovely fresh stirfry, and I also plan to make a veggie chili for tomorrow night, and have got salad in to take to work for lunch tomorrow. I really NEED to keep on track with my food this week, esp as I might be going out tomorrow night to welcome a new staff member, and so need some spare calories for a couple of GnTs :)

Have a good day team daisy :)

maenad
03-01-2011, 08:01 AM
takingcontrol: I'm in Saigon. Where are you in Thailand? I haven't visited there yet, but hopefully this summer I'll be able to take some time off work...

takingcontrol
03-01-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm in a small, monkey filled! town about 150km North of Bangkok by road. It's called Lopburi. Been here for 3 years now, but, I'm moving back to the UK 6 weeks today.

I visited Vietnam last April, I went to Hoi An, Hue and Nha Trang, and had a great time. Unfortunately I hadn't enough time to see the North or South, but next time I'll see the whole country for sure :)

KimL1214
03-01-2011, 03:04 PM
takingcontrol~ What are your favorite stir fry veggies? Do you use a pre-made teriyaki sauce or do you throw in soy sauce with different spices? I'm always looking for a new stir fry recipe :dizzy:

maenad~ I noticed that you're going to try and cook more at home... what's on the menu today?

southernbelle102~ New shirts??? Sweet!!!

dandk0204~ Twins??? YIKES!!! Identical? Fraternal? Girls? Boys?

lackadaisy~ Trying to function while sleep deprived is definitely rough and numerous studies have shown that people who don't get enough sleep, tend to be overweight. One big thing I try to do whenever I'm starting to feel like I want to slack, I ask myself if I want to skip a workout more then I want to slide into a sweet pair of jeans... Getting more sleep is the most important thing you can do though, anything going on that's making sleep harder to get right now?

lostangel05~ OMG!!! So close to OneDerland!!! I'm so pumped for you!!!

peanutt~ How long can you run for without stopping now?

SnowWolf~ I haven't heard of turbofire before... what is it?

kariatari~ 12lbs. over 6 weeks is totally do-able! Congrats on getting married next year! Is your fiancé open to trying to eat healthier?

toastedsmoke~ I'm with you on reducing carbs, especially pasta! Starting next week, I'm only allowing 2 meals with pasta in it a week, which considering my normal 6-8 meals/week, should be a big improvement... that was a really long run-on sentence...

summershine~ Love the sig!!! Thanks!!!

armywife88~ When is your hubby leaving and where to?

kristilinn13~ I'm guessing by all the points talk, that you're doing Weight Watchers?

Tuesday & Wednesday Question~ What is your next mini goal? Do you have a reward for yourself when you hit that mini goal?

My next one is to finally bust out of the 250s and into the 240s!!! I need to do this before I leave for Hawaii!!! Plan is to get some new shorts and t-shirts!!!

Nothing overly exciting here... other then I just moved and am frantically cleaning. My new roommate joined Weight Watchers last week, and I am planning on starting to attend meetings tomorrow as well. Hopefully she sticks with it so we can both push each other along. For those of you were part of previous challenges, the friend I've been helping is now my new roommate. She's been a big help to me psychologically and is fun to be around. I work enough and she's always busy, so we only see each other 1-2 hours a day.

Have a great evening ladies!!!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: Student next to me is obsessed with the carrot... so here he is... :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

lackadaisy
03-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks for asking, Kim! I know exactly why I can't sleep: a combination of not enough time, and basically more academic stress than I've ever dealt with before. Not in a bad sense. It's just that my undergraduate thesis is due in a week, and while the remaining work is a doable amount, it's a tremendous amount. Like the 23rd mile of a marathon. It just feels like the 10th. ;)

So I slept 0-3 hours last night. Went to bed at 9 pm, couldn't sleep; got up at 11; tried again at 2; tried the final time at 6 and woke up at 9 am. I'm actually not sure whether I fell asleep at all, and I woke up without an alarm, and couldn't fall asleep again. I just hope I don't crash and end up not being able to finish writing this BOOK (120 pages!!!!) in the end.

Oddly, I'm so sleep-deprived today I have NO cravings at all.. as in I don't even want food... so I've been super on-plan and even got in 40 minutes of moderate cardio already. Go figure.

Answer to your question: When I reach my next mini-goal (120), I'm getting a haircut. It's been six months, I need it a LOT. I'll need to lose another 1.6 before my thesis is turned in to do it. Could it happen? Maybe. Will it? Probably not... but here's hoping. :)

lostangel05
03-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Boo went back up to 201.2 this morning, but I got a really good workout in today so maybe tomorrow. Either way, it's close so I'm hopeful!

southernbelle102
03-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Still no loss this week :( oh well...

I do think I am losing inches and my weight is shifting regardless of the small mini-stall on the scale. Thats more important than the # anyway.

I can't blieve that just about 8 months ago I was wearing a size 30 or bigger. Now I am in some 14/16s and some 18/20s... it is a great feeling!!!:D

Hope you are all having a great week!!

kariatari
03-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Kim, sounds like you've just slipped into a great living arrangement! How great to be living with someone committed to the same goal! My fiance (I don't know how to get the fancy little dashy thing on the e! How do you do that?!) isn't really open to completely changing his habits (mostly because he has no need to lose weight - I hate how guys can get away with that!), but he does encourage good ones on my part. He'll chop up veggies and roast them as a side for me, or whenever we grill he'll whip me up some kabobs. And he tries to stock up on healthy snacks for me, like nuts and string cheese. So that's better than nothing!

lackadaisy I'm stealing your bolding strategy for when you're talking to people. Love it!

My goal is to get into the 150's. Realistically, it won't be for two more weeks. My reward is to take my fi to a little Italian restaurant I've been dying to check out and order whatever the **** I want without worrying about carbs/cals. I'll wear my dark skinny jeans that I'll fit into by then (even though I'll prolly have to unbutton them by the end of the night) and I'll sip a few glasses of some good red. Mmmmm. :)

Chantelle
03-02-2011, 03:50 AM
Hi everyone! Sorry for joining in late, I had completely missed the sign-up deadline but Kim graciously allowed me to hop on board - this is my first BL challenge and I am beyond stressing out right now because I just found out my parents will be visiting for 3 weeks starting next Friday. I haven't seen them in over a year (I live in Vegas, they are visiting from Singapore, where I grew up) so sticking on plan is going to be a HUGE challenge for me. On the bright side, my mom recently started trying to eat better and work out too, so I will still be able to go to the gym after work - and bring her with me - without feeling too guilty about eating into the time I would otherwise have with them! I am going to be fairly realistic though about my GW. I was REALLY hoping to see Onederland by April but I might need to push that back to late April/early May instead, since this month will be slow going.

Nice to meet all of you, and looking forward to getting to know you better! :)

Most recent NSV: A pair of tailored slacks (without those awesome forgiving waistbands with a bit of stretch that I love!) that used to cut off my circulation before are just mildly tight now lol
Weight loss goal for the challenge: 8lb - would love to get 11 but I would rather surpass my goal than get upset about falling short and thus falling off the wagon - bah!
Battle plan: The food part is going to be a HUGE issue this month but, make the best choices that I can and keep working out at least 4x a week
Challenges: See above! Also I work in an office where there is ALWAYS food - Double Stuff Oreos in my face don't make for a very easy work day sometimes!

@summershine - Thank you for the awesome siggy!! :)
@SnowWolf - Hey, someone else from Vegas! Hi there! :) *waves*

takingcontrol
03-02-2011, 06:19 AM
Hi all, I'm soooooo blooming tired today, being super good with my food, took a salad into work rather than going out for a Thai lunch, and making a veggie stew thingy for dinner. All so I can go out for a couple of gin and sodas later! I skipped on th meal part of the night out, but will be joining my colleagues for a couple of drinks, slowly letting myself back out to have a life, think I trust myself to stay in control and not go crazy now!

Was looking forward to doing c25k today, but after yesterdays BRUTAL workout, I've got a bruising type pain on the bottom of my foot, so running is out :( Just going to do some arm strength training instead.

Chantelle, welcome aboard, have a great time with your parents, that's brilliant that you can take your mum to the gym with you :)

Kim, I mainly stirfry onion, garlic, chili, sugar snap peas, baby corn, different mushroom varieties, peppers and pakchoi. I'm actually not that keen on a lot of the more 'exotic' and traditionally Thai veggies, I stick to the ones I'm used to getting in the UK! Apart from mushrooms, I love all teh mushrooms here. I just use a jar teriyaki sauce, but most often don't bother with that, and add mushroom soy sauce and a bit of black pepper and that's it.

Daisy, I hope you sleep soon, when do you hope to finish your book? I'm glad your cravings have gone away.

Southernbelle, the inches are wayyyyyy more reliable than the scales, I hate all the fluctuations!

Kariatari, good luck on making the 150s. The Italian treat sounds amazing :) And it's great your OH is supportive even if he doesn't need to diet himself :)

My next mini goal is to drop from obese to overweight, no reward though, the pressure is on from now until April 12th when I fly back to the UK, both weight and exercisewise, and saving money wise, so no rewards just now for me!

lostangel05
03-02-2011, 12:03 PM
My body is teasing me. 200.4 this morning.

Chantelle
03-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Thanks, takingcontrol! That stirfry sounds yummy btw. I haven't tried adding pakchoi before but I really should - I grew up eating it in so many dishes but it's one of those veggies I just didn't know what to do with when I started cooking LOL. Well and good when it's cooked for me, but ... yeah, clueless about making it for myself! :rofl: Hope your foot starts feeling better - I am stretching out my C25K to 18 weeks since I am nothing CLOSE to a runner.. doing W1D2 Part II today LOL.

lostangel GAH how frustrating for you! You'll get there tomorrow though, surely! :)

lackadaisy
03-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Finally slept last night -- only 8 hours, but still something. I feel SO much better. Weighed in at 121.8, with extra gain probably because I first woke up at 6am COMPLETELY RAVENOUS and wolfed down a Zone Perfect bar lying in bed... yeah, that happened. But just like a piece of pound cake was apparently necessary to convince my body to sleep yesterday, the bar was necessary for enough carb-stupor to fall asleep again.

TOM next week, just after first weigh-in. I'll be staying on plan, but my monthly bloat might be really bad for our first week progress. Sorry, girls... cover for me, k?

lostangel05
03-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Welcome Chantelle!

lackadaisy: hope you sleep comes a little easier

dandk0204
03-02-2011, 04:30 PM
KimL1214 - Fraternal Boys :)

Yesterday was a bomb. Today is much better so far.

toastedsmoke
03-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Sothernbelle: Congrats on the new shirt size! Way to go!!! :carrot: :carrot:

Lostangel05: Your body messing with you when you're right on the cusp of onederland sucks majorly! I know this. I was stuck for 3 weeks at the same weight on the wrong side of onederland no matter what I did. And then i whooshed into Onederland and now I've been stuck at that weight pretty much for another 3ish weeks. So believe me i know how nailbiting this is! Hopefully, you whoosh your way well into Onederland and furthermore towards healthy this challenge!

Chantelle: Welcome! These challenges are awesome! I remember when I used to live in the states and my parents used to come visit, all plans of sensible eating died. And bless them, it wasn't their fault, the food wasn't unhealthy, I just fell upon home cooked meals flavored with love like a ravenous beast! But hopefully, you and your mom can be a support and motivation to one another while they're visiting.

Kim : yay for an improved living situation! It's always good to have someone who lives with you doing it with you!

I've not been doing that great team. It's kind of been binge central and non-exercise boulevard. I haven't worked out since Saturday, where normally I woke out 6-7days a week. I haven't gone running in over 2 weeks so goodness knows if I'm still capable of that activity. I'm scared to try in case I find out I've lost all aerobic fitness (been doing JM videos the past few weeks but still...) but I've promised myself that tomorrow, I must at least try even if just to see how bad things have gotten. As far as the binges, the sad thing is that they've been done consciously. I actually weigh stuff out, enter the caloric damage into my calorie tracker app and then munch away on for example tonight 450 calories of black forest cake. The sad part is I'd done so well up till that point today. Gotten in all my meals for the day at 1300 calories and was totally on plan. And then, BOOM! Up in smoke. I've eaten about 1800 calories a day since Monday as opposed to the 1300ish planned, so whilst not totally tragic, it's off-plan tragic. But i've got it under control now. I've had my "enough is enough" moment, and now i've confessed. I pledge to stay under 1500 cals everyday till SW-Sunday, and exercise tomorrow, Friday and Saturday. I WILL do this!

Ok in addition to getting my head fixed in a more positive, more can-do mindset, I've also realized that I'm going to have a few more personal challenges this challenge than I thought. I'm going to be traveling a lot this month starting next week, and then from the 21st, I'm heading over to the UK for a month to meet with my best friend (and fellow QLC-er) who lives in London and we're going to go on a series of "finding ourselves" road trips to explore England, hopefully also making it to Scotland and Wales over the course of the month- I'm told by "finding oneself" experts (aka another good friend that backpacked across Europe a few years ago) that having a specific itinerary kills the self-discoveryism of the whole venture... I'm kind of one of life's planners but I'm also really confused and lost and don't know what to do next with my life (apply to a doctoral program, find another job, or start a business) so I'm going to go along with the plan-less-ness and hopefully learn something. I WILL be online though and I WILL take my scale (and food scale) so I'm good for the challenge. The challenge will be to make sensible decisions while I'm away. And having you guys here for support and accountability will be a huge blessing in that respect.

Tuesday/Wednesday Question: My next mini-goal is to be overweight (191lbs). I'm actually about 6-7 lbs away from being overweight and honestly that's a weight I don't even remember. All I know is when I was 12 and about 5'5" I weighed what I weigh now (197-198) and was obese. I really don't remember ever being overweight. My reward to myself is the UK trip which is kind of cheating because it really has nothing to do with weight but to be honest, post-trip I don't think I'll be able to afford any rewards. So weighing less will have to be a reward in and of itself.

bbg200
03-03-2011, 12:19 AM
hey all
thought id pop in to say hi!.. im working 8-10hrs shifts so wont be on chat much but will try my best to come join in!.. some of u might remember me from other challenges, but its good to meet new ppl an make more friends :)
good luck :)

alittle about me
hey all im 24 (25 in a weeks time eeek)
im a full time care assistant/nurse and love my job, got a 4 (almost 5 in 2weeks) yr old daughter who keeps me on my toes! 2 dogs and a rabbit so never quiet in my house!... good job i have the fella on hand to keep things in check while im not there lol.

dont really have plans or challenges for myself as they dont always work out for me. so im just going to go with the flow an kick some butt,.. im hopin to lose anything from 5-10 pounds but have to wait an see :)

takingcontrol
03-03-2011, 06:32 AM
Toastedsmoke - sorry to hear you're having a tough week, but well done for confessing and giving yourself a talking to and deciding to turn it around again. Your England trip sounds amazing, I love the idea of no real plans and just seeing where you end up, brilliant!

bbg200 - welcome to the team :) This is my first challenge and I'm really looking forward to it. What day's your birthday? Mine's next Sunday, hoping I manage not to be too bad!

Well, I had an amazing Monday and Tuesday this week, felt really good and in control and positive about the next six weeks and beyond. On Tuesday night I did a really hardcore workout, pushed myself harder than I ever normally do, and loved it. Yesterday in the day I kept on plan, but was feeling sore from my workout and also managed to hurt the sole of my foot, so I decided I couldn't do C25k last night.

I then went out for food and drinks with colleagues, a night out I'm compensating for by not drinking at the weekend. I ended up cooking a healthy dinner at home and eating first, and had no more food while I was out, or when after wayyyyy too many gin and sodas with a splash tonic I got the major munchies, I still managed not to eat last night.

But today, after 5 hours sleep I've been feeling super rough and eaten wayyyyyy too much! Have avoided chocolate/crisps/biscuits/deep fried, but still eaten wayyyyyy more than I should, but I just can't help it when I'm hungover. To make matters worse, I'm also soooo sore today from the workout on Tuesday, it's not fair! Way more sore than yesterday, my thighs are so bad I can barely walk, so exercise seems to be off tonight as well, which isn't good! I'm going to do some arm exercise reps with my resistance band but that's it.

I must do better Friday and Saturday ready for the SW!

southernbelle102
03-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been able to respond on personal posts much... life has been SUPER busy lately. I am reading them all though... thanks for sharing!!

lostangel05
03-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Haha...exactly 200.0 this morning. Alright 200s, you have no where to hide now. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be saying goodbye to them!

southernbelle102
03-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Stuck at 250 still today :( I know that stalls happen so I am not that worried ... and technically this isn't even a real stall because it has been just a little over 2 weeks now. However, this is the longest I have been stuck at a # in the past 8 months and it is getting pretty frustrating. I am praying for a dip sometime soon... I really want to be at least in the 240s by next week!!!

lackadaisy
03-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Like my new signature? :cool: Haha. It was too perfect, I couldn't resist.

Anyway, after really struggling for a few days, I'm having one of those ridiculously rare days when meeting my calorie and exercise goals is painless. It's past 9pm and I've eaten 720 nutritious/filling/freaking-delicious calories (salmon & veggies for lunch, grilled chicken & veggies for dinner), finished a light dance class and C25k W5D2, and actually slept last night. Anyway, this is so rare for me, I just needed to share. I might eat a roll in a few minutes... or cereal...

takingcontrol
03-04-2011, 06:01 AM
Glad to hear you had a great day Daisy, hope the sleeping and diet/exercising following continues and I can get on your bandwagon too!

As I type this I'm trying to find the motivation to do c25k week3 day 2 (shoule be day3 but I missed it earlier in the week)

I'm not allowed anymore slacking once this challenge starts, I'm NOT!

kariatari
03-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Lots of C25K-ers in here! I'm on that too - although I crashed and burned on W4D2. Gonna have to do that one again.

Have you guys tried the program before? I've tried it several times and give up after I complete the first workout where you run for 20 mins. straight. I'm so out of breath and my face is about as red as my chaffed raw thighs that I begin to question my sanity. I think, "This is something people do for fun?!" And then I rest and never take it back up and then I hate myself for quitting it every time I start back up at the beginning. LoL! Anyway...so this time I'm really really REALLY hoping that I finish it. One of my friends has been doing it at the gym and she's on the same week, so during the summer we are going to start doing one workout per week together. Hopefully that will help once I get to that damn 20 min workout!

Anyway....sorry about the rant. LoL! Hope you all have a good weekend!

takingcontrol
03-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Hey Karia, I'm starting week 4 this weekend, and so far really enjoying the programme, it's my first attempt. Even though today I ran 6 mins straight at the end of the prescribed workout, and on week one doing even a minute was really tough, I'm still dreading day three in week 5, which is looming ever closer with the 20 min run! I'm trying to have faith in the programme though, after reading so many success stories on here there's no reason why I shouldn't be one too, but still running non-stop for 20 mins, me?! We'll see!

I hear you on the sweating thing, living in Thailand it's so hot n humid right now n I'm disgusting, but once I'm showered off feel so good for it!

Good luck, hope this is your time, I'll keep cheering for you on here :)

Chantelle
03-04-2011, 03:47 PM
LOL I think the gym god is telling me I'm just not meant to be a runner. This is the 2nd time I've tried the C25K program and I've gotten shin splints both times right at the beginning of W2 :/ The first time was AWFUL - I was running outside rather than in a gym and could barely get home - it took me 40 minutes to walk what would normally have taken me 10 because the pain was so bad. This time I felt it starting when I was on W1D3 but figured it was just a muscular strain. Went back yesterday to do W2D1 and nope, still hurt like a b**** :( So it's probably going to be the elliptical for a while for me... really disappointed because I CANNOT run and was thinking this would be a good start to a long, happy relationship with jogging outdoors. Blah! Oh well, maybe when I've lost a few more pounds I'll try again... maybe it's just my knees' self-preservation system kicking in right now LOL.

I am so excited, I saw 208.8 flash on the scale today before it settled at 209 - yay!! 210 was one of my unofficial mini-goals (since 199 seemed so far off when I was plateauing at 214) and I think I can say that I've officially reached it now :D:carrot: Didn't want to be too happy at 209.8 since I was sure my body was just teasing me lol

takingcontrol Ugh, HUGE props to you for working out with that humidity! I moved here from Singapore 4 years ago and it's amazing how fast your body gets used to a completely different type of environment. When I went home to visit my parents last February, I was MISERABLE lol... going from 15% humidity to 85% sent my body into some kind of turmoil. I really don't miss the feeling of never being quite dry after a shower even after toweling off ... and god forbid you try applying lotion, that stickiness was awful!

takingcontrol
03-05-2011, 07:13 AM
Chantelle, congrats on breaking your 209 target :)

Sorry to hear you're having troubles with running just now, but glad to hear you're going to try again when you've lost a little more, I hope it eventually works out for you. I also never thought I'd be a runner, and was always jealous of those that went out jogging. Even when I was a super fit kids and in the athletics team, I was always a sprinter and couldn't do distance/cross country to save my life.

C25K is really starting to change that for me, a month ago running a minute interval near on killed me, but today I've just completed week 4 day 1, and am up for five min running intervals. I'm still not taking it as a given I'll be able to do the longer runs, but, I am starting to believe there is a chance now! Luckily for me, most of the barriers seem to be in my mind, and the programmes philosophy of 'no matter how slow, just keep going' really seems to be helping with that.

I'm really looking forward to weighing in in the morning and getting things going here. I'm also taking part in the Easter weight loss challenge, and haven't done too well so far, would love my weigh in in the morning get me a chunk loser to my target there!

In the mean time, it's last chance workout for me, c25k done, now it's banana break, and next Davina boxercise, and then, maybe, I'll try and do a bit of tummy strength work if I'm still standing. All before cooking a healthy stir fry for dinner, and washing it down with water.

How my Saturday nights are changing! Just hope I stick to all of this now I've written it down!

Have a good weekend all :)

lostangel05
03-05-2011, 11:54 AM
I finally did it! 199 exactly this morning!!!

takingcontrol
03-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Ahhh that's brilliant news Lostangel! Well done you, now you've broken that barrier, hopefully it'll all get a lot easier, bring it on! :)

lostangel05
03-05-2011, 01:45 PM
:) I hope so!

Nienna
03-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Hey, guys! Sorry that I didn't introduce myself sooner. I've been on holiday the past week and just got home tonight, so it worked out really well for me that the starting weight deadline got pushed back! I just had the most amazing week of my life, and I am seriously sad to have to return to normal life. Anyways, here goes ...

Location: Finland (why, oh, why can't I be in London instead??)
Most Recent NSV: I went out with a bunch of guys I met on vacation, and they were talking about how surprised they were to learn that I'm from Texas because I'm "so small"!!!! And later we were talking about weight problems in America, and one of them gave me this look and said, "You don't have to worry about that."
Weight Loss Goal: I'm going to wait to set this until tomorrow, when I see my current weight (it'll be the first time I've weighed since going on holiday). But ... if all went well while I was gone, I'm kind of hoping that I might be able to hit goal during this challenge!
Battle Plan: Keep on calorie counting and pick up jogging again.
Challenges: My current irritation at being back from holiday is making me want to eat more than I should. I kind of went crazy for a guy during my holiday, and it's making me kind of sad that I can't be with him. Mustn't let this feeling turn into a pity fest.

takingcontrol
03-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Nienna, good to have you here! Sorry to hear you've got the holiday blues, I hate that :( Where did you go? Will you and the guy keep in touch? Great that you were getting compliments on your size while away, well done!

I've just logged my start weight, and am so happy to have lost 3.3lb this week, even with a 'naughty' 24 hours mid week. That's the first decent loss I've had in a while, and hoping I can have plenty more throughout the challenge. Exercise is the key for me, I've gotta do it, no matter what! When I'm exercising I don't want to eat badly, when I'm not I do!

My aims for this week are to do C25K week4 2 and 3, and Week 5 1, on Mon, Weds n Fri. If on those days I'm able, I'd also like to throw in some strength training for about 20mins.

On Tues, Thurs, Sat I'll do a mainly cardio workout DVD (30 mins minimum, but depending how I'm feeling, I'd like to try to go for 60mins). Again, I may supplement the workout with some strength training depending on how my body is feeling, but in all honesty I think I'm better off focusing more on cardio right now.

Today is rest day, but I'm hoping to head to the pool for a swim later, the same next Sunday.

On the food front, I'd like to challenge myself to a whole week on plan. Starting today. I'll log the food I eat each day in my blog/on here, and I aim for three healthy and nutritious meals a day, with snacking limited to fruit or a yogurt if I'm genuinely hungry, and drinks limited to water, black coffee and the odd fruit juice.

I don't mind too much if I can't keep to plan, it's an experiment to see how far my eating habits have come along. But, if I stray off plan, I have to post here and be honest about my lapses.

I hope we all have a great first week, I'm so excited to have this challenge in my life just now, as it really is crunch time for me. 5 weeks and 2 days until the UK, ekkkkkk!

Good luck everyone :)

southernbelle102
03-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Congrats, Lostangel!!! That is awesome!!

lostangel05
03-06-2011, 01:22 AM
Thanks, southernbelle102!

Chantelle
03-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Bah, was really hoping that 208.8 would stick this morning, but the scale settled back on 209.0 -grumbles- Can't really complain though given that we met up with friends last night for some amazing Thai food and frozen yogurt ... I made sure to ask for brown rice and only had non-fat sugar-free yogurt but still, the scale never quite cooperates the day after eating out! :lol:

Finally took the plunge last night and ordered the BodyMedia Fit and display... still hurting this morning from the price but I'm hoping it gives me the tools to remain on point the best I can, rather than simply estimating my total calories consumed and taking what the machines at the gym say at face value for my calories burned. Can't wait for the teasing I'm going to have to put up with from one particular coworker though - and not in a nice friendly way either, but in more of a "haha" mocking one. He's seen me go through multiple "diet" failures so he's already giving me grief about how I'm going to backslide and put it all back on - not to mention his attempts to keep bringing me cake and goodies from the office parties when I walk out without touching all that stuff. Ugh :mad: Gotta love those folks!

YAY lostangel! Congrats on 199, I can only imagine how fantastic that must feel! :)

Congrats on the great weigh-in, takingcontrol! I'm with you on the exercise. My only wish is that I could be one of those folks who wake up at 4am to pound out an hour on the treadmill before work - that would totally keep me on track the rest of the day! But I tried it for a week and was dead on my feet by 11am so that really wasn't going to work. I will have to keep what you said in mind - that more often than not they are mental barriers - when I decide to try again, because you're right... I can just feel the anxiety when the cue to start running comes on! Lol

Hi Nienna, welcome back! The post-vacation week is awful isn't it? :/ Nice to hear you met someone who gave you butterflies, that's always the icing on top of the vacation cake! ;) Are you going to try to make it work or is distance going to be an issue?

southernbelle102
03-07-2011, 06:20 AM
When I weighed in Sunday my weight was 250.0... thats the lowest decimal point I have seen so far this week... I had been teetering around between 250.5 and 250.8 all week.... PRAYING for a drop Monday or at least by tuesday!!! It is funny... I used to never even look at the decimal point. I guess when you haven't seen the whole # fluctuate an in over a week or so, the decimal becomes more important :).. haha! Come on whoosh!!!

takingcontrol
03-07-2011, 06:25 AM
Well here it is, day one of the challenge proper! Good luck everyone!

What does everyone have planned for this week to help with weight loss? Anything happening that could throw a spanner in the works?

For me, all I have to hopefully see a great number on the scale next Sunday is sticking to my food plan (which is a good brekkie, lunch and dinner, no snacks apart from fruit) and exercising everyday (C25K Mon, Weds, Fri, plus strength training if I'm up to it/motivated/have time, and on Tues, Thurs, Sat a workout DVD of my choice, cardio based) If I can stick to that, I will lose weight!

Challenges are mainly not teaching as kids have broken up for the summer, so lots of sitting around in the office boredom coupled with tons of snacks being passed around etc. Today, a colleague ordered pizza and ice cream to the office for her birthday, I just couldn't go in the room where people were eating! But, I avoided it! At lunch, we all went out for lunch together, I ordered my dish, and a massive plate of pork satay skewers were ordered for the table, and took some willpower not to dig in!

It's only 5.30pm, but so far completely OP, still gotta eat dinner, and maybe do some more exercise (just done C25K, but should prob do another 30 mins later).

Also battling with a slight fuzzy head/dehydration today after 'accidentally' drinking last night with the football. I shouldn't have, but having being perfect on Fri and Sat I'm not being too hard on myself. No more drinking until next Sunday for sure now though!

Here's to a great week everyone!

takingcontrol
03-07-2011, 06:26 AM
SOuthernbelle, sending a whooooooooossssshhhhh your way :)

lostangel05
03-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Good morning everyone! After 2 days of 199, I am 197.4 today! Sending whooshes everyones way!

lackadaisy
03-07-2011, 04:26 PM
After losing about 1.1-1.5 lbs a week for a while, I've been completely stuck for a week. I've tried:

1. Staying on plan (1250 cal/day, 1800-200mg sodium, 200mg-ish caffeine, 30 min cardio/strength)
2. Low/Zone carb ratios (1200 cal/day)
3. Whole foods only
4. Restriction (900-1000)
5. Refeed/intuitive eating (turned out to be 1400, 55% carb)

I need ideas, girls... maybe a fast? I feel the same, too. I'm not getting hungry like I used to... maybe my metabolism is slowing down :(

(No, that's not caffeine supplements... that's how much coffee I drink. Hah.)

takingcontrol
03-07-2011, 08:32 PM
LostAngel, congrats on the weight going down again, let's hope it keeps on going n you'll be posting a great loss next week :)

Daisy, hope your plateau buggers off soon. Not really got anything to suggest other than keep on eating the right things and exercising, and it's bound to shift when it's ready.

JUst starting day 2 here, after a pretty good day one. I stuck to plan, special K, yogurt, banana for brekkie. Noodle and veg dish for lunch and tomato, mushroom and spinach on wholemeal toast for dinner.

I was REALLY hungry after doing C25K last night, so was going to dry fry the little bit of pork I had left over from Sunday, as I'd had no meat all day. Went to the kitchen and turned on teh gas, to find the bottle was empty, which saved me from unnecessary calories, result!

TOM is here today, and I'm well bloated. A KG up from Sunday's weigh in, but, there's loads of time for the bloating to go down and the weight to go again.

My plan for today is to eat on plan, and to do an hour of cardio this evening. Will keep you posted!

southernbelle102
03-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Finally!! A small whoosh. My scale said 247.2 today :)

lostangel05
03-08-2011, 01:31 AM
Awesome, southernbelle!

I was looking at my info. Is it ok to lose 20 pounds in two months? Does that seem low? It should be about 2.5 pounds a week. I was really hoping to reach my goal by June but it might be by August.

southernbelle102
03-08-2011, 02:04 AM
Lostangel - It is definitely healthy to lose 10 lbs a month. If you don't find that you are able to lose that amount though, don't get discouraged!! If you stay on plan, it will eventually come off :)

takingcontrol
03-08-2011, 08:48 AM
Yayay to your whoosh SouthernBelle :)

Lostangel, I think your target sounds spot on, it's just a shame we can't tell our bodies what our targets are and ask them to stick to them!

Well, I'm having a mehhhhhh day today. Eating OP, but just not feeling satisfied. Did a halfhearted workout video but just felt rubbish. It all seemed so hard again, like they did a couple of months ago. I didn't even finish the whole hour, gave up after 40 mins n told myself I'd do another half hour cardio later, but I just can't be bothered.

I think it's really hitting home that I'm going home now. 5 weeks today until I fly, and it's been almost 4 years since I lived there, and two years since I visited. Just all a bit daunting, all I know is, I want to go back looking and feeling as good as I can, but days like today aren't going to help.

TOM isn't helping, nor is work stress. I'm a trainer here, and our office is small, over the three years I've been here I've basically being running a lot of the day to day stuff, which was fine. Trying to organise/document everything I do so others can take over is a wayyyy bigger task than actually doing it. We've also got a new course to write for a summer camp, again this is fine, if I were just doing it. But, I'm meant to be overseeing the new teachers do it, which is far far harder than just writing the thing, and is taking up all of my time when I want/need to get on with other things.

TO top it all off, I'm in the process of putting together a uni application to study an MA when I get home. I'm pretty much done, just need to tweak my CV tonight, but then I actually need to pluck up the courage to send it in. I haven't got my heart set on the course, but if I don't get on, I've no idea what I'll do instead, so that's stressing me out to the max.

Hoping tomorrow I'll be more motivated and put in a better workout and feel better about everything. Need to get a good nights sleep tonight, and I'm sure that'll help.

Good luck to everyone :)

SnowWolf
03-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry I havn't been on, other things to get to. :)

@lostangel05 congrats on the whooshing!!

@lackadaisy,try doing some high intesnity intrival training or (HIIT). :) But, if not, you'll break your platue when your body is ready.

@takingcontrol, aw I'm sorry about all that work and stress going on in your life right now.You will be going back feeling great! Just keep pushing, keep modivated and everything should fall into place for you. :) Just remind yourself how fare you have come!!! Good luck with all that work! And imagin how accomplished you'll feel after a nice vigorious workout! :carrot:

mmm, as for me this is day three of TurboFire. It's hard and I'm still sore, I didn't put enough energy into yesturday, but I'll just keep pushing it shows I'm out of shape. I'm going to go for a run after this just to clear my mind, then I have to do some really 'fun' stuff, like homework and cleaning. Before this challenge I was so dedicated to weighing myself everyday, but I'm not going to focus on the scale anymore, I took my measurments Sunday and will be just focusing on weighing in on wi days and on tracking my results specified for Turbofire.

I hope everone has an awesome day! Kick some *** today guys!

Nienna
03-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Takingcontrol, yeah, the holiday blues are irritating, but I suspect that they’ll fade by the end of the week! I’m definitely still in vacation mode, though. I went to London for a week, and it was utterly amazing. It was also nice to be in an English-speaking country for a while. (I’m an American living in Finland at the moment.)
What are you hoping to get an MA in once you return home? And how do you like living in Thailand? I’m trying to decide where I’ll go once I leave here (still a whiles away, 2012), and I’m wavering between Thailand and Australia. I hope tom clears up soon and leaves you in peace! I’ve been mood swinging lately, so I suspect mine is on its way.

Chantelle, your coworker sounds like a huge jerk! Just keep on plugging away and you’ll show him. Then you can be the one to laugh in his face! The guy and I are now facebook friends, but I don’t really expect much meaningful correspondence. After all, we didn’t get to know each other all that well, having only had the chance to hang out for a week. It was really nice to meet him, though. I’m not really the type to rearrange my plans to make room for a guy, and I don’t think he’s that type either, but I’ll certainly get in touch if we ever happen to be in the same part of the world again. Now if only I could stop fantasizing and refocus on work!

Lostangel and southernbelle, congrats on your whooshes!

Lackadaisy, can you up your exercise or something and attack the problem from the fitness rather than the nutrition side of things?

SnowWolf, how do you like TurboFire so far?

I hope that everybody’s doing well! Trying to get over a stomach bug, myself, but feeling much better than I was this morning.

lostangel05
03-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Thanks. But this morning was rough...back to 199. I took an extra rest day. Worked out really hard yesterday and am soooo sore today so I'm assuming the weight gain is just from that. Ouch, ouch...no more extra rest days.

takingcontrol
03-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Hi all

Snowwolf Good luck with the turbofire, I'm looking forward to getting a bit fitter and being able to do one of these programs to really get me fit, I love hearing about the great results people have on them.
Great to hear you're going to rely on your scales less. I used to try to only weigh in once a week, twice maximum, but as my big return to the UK creeps closer, I can't seem to get off them!

Nienna I've been in Thailand for three years teaching English, and hoping to do my MA in the same field. I've had a good time here, but live in a small town in central Thailand (no beach, not fair!) and am well ready for a change now! What are you up to in Finland?

Lostangel Good for you listening to your body and taking an extra rest day, I had to do the same last week. Stupidly this week, I'm just not working out as hard so I can get a workout in everyday, guessing that kind of defeats the object! I'm going to aim to go all out tomorrow, and if I'm in pain on Friday, I'll take a rest day and just move C25K to Saturday with some extra resistance training. Hope the weight moves down again soon.

Well, I'm feeling better today. Had a great friend help me tweak my personal statement, so I could finally get my application submitted, which is a huge relief, now it's out of my hands, I've just got to wait and see.

TOM almost done too which is helping.

I've still got tons on at work, but after a rant at my colleagues today (in a friendly way!!) about how I really need them on my side pulling their weight to help meet the deadlines the boss has set us for course writing, I'm hoping they'll all be more productive tomorrow and we'll get more done. It's hard being the one in the position, the boss gives me responsibility to ensure everyone meets a Friday deadline, but none of them are motivated to work hard as it's only me who's being held accountable for getting it done. And I'm the only one with other things to do as well, like a mountain of other things. I didn't used to mind bringing things home and working here, but now with cooking healthy meals and exercising, I don't want to spend the remainder of my evening working. Sorry, another rant!

Well, on a good note, I've completed my third day completely on plan food wise today, and I've almost stopped wanting 'bad' things now, the goal is too tangible for me to want to jeopardise meeting it.

I did C25K, week 4 day 3, and found it perfectly OK. Did plan to do more exercise, but my uni application got in the way.

Starting tomorrow, I want to up the exercise as well as eat on plan. 5 weeks to England......!

Chantelle
03-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Good morning everyone! Just a quick note, I'm @ work but wanted to post a little NSV. As I mentioned before, I kinda crashed and burned in my C25K attempts - but last night I decided to **** with the podcast, I was just going to kick into a light jog and see how long I could go for. I think I blew my own mind - I was able to go for about 7-8 mins without stopping (HUGE improvement from my 60 sec "OMG I'm going to die!" attempts with the podcast lol) but at a significantly reduced pace from what I was doing before - I used to try running at 5.3-5.4 and was on the floor by the end of it; last night I was going at 4.1-4.2 which was a much more comfortable pace for me. I managed to keep at it for an hour, with walking/jogging intervals, and the walking mostly came into play when my mental "Umm, HOW am I still running after 7 mins?" block kicked in. Treadmill says I burned 370 calories but I'm taking that with a huge pinch of salt (come ON, UPS - deliver my BodyMedia Fit already!) ... just crazy happy I'm seeing strides in my levels of stamina :woohoo:

lostangel05
03-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Sounds awesome Chantelle! Congrats!

KimL1214
03-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Chantelle~ Awesome job!!!

takingcontrol~ Great job staying OP!!! Where are you going in England?

lostangel05~ Congrats on OneDerland!!! 20lbs. in 2 months is definitely doable!

Nienna~ How are you feeling today?

SnowWolf~ You reminded me that I need to put up the inches challenge for this challenge!!! How was your run?

southernbelle102~ Yay for your whoosh!!!

lackadaisy~ There are a few things you could try... One would be upping your calories for a week, then dropping back down to 1250. Another would be to try some completely new exercises. Up your intensity when doing cardio, up your weights/reps for strength training...

I gotta head to an assembly! I'll add more later!

kristilinn13
03-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Hope everyone is having a good, productive Wednesday so far! I wish that I could have been around more to post and get to know everyone, but things have been all of the place lately.

This week has been a bit crazy for me--not enough researching, paper writing, working out, or apartment cleaning going on---and WAY too much bad news. Monday, I found out one of my older sisters had a miscarriage of a pregnancy she and my brother-in-law tried so hard for. Tuesday, my mom told my sisters and i that my grandma probably won't make it until Easter and that we should make plans to go back and see her within the next few weeks.

But it was a good news Wednesday--I was offered a phone interview for a full-time position in the field I'm getting my Master's Degree in!!

Life's a rollercoaster....

kariatari
03-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Congrats on your victories, takingcontrol and lostangel!

I'm really dreading the weigh-in...it's TOM, I was at home and stuffed with food last weekend, this week I have 3 nights of parent/teacher conferences, and next weekend is a St. Patty's party. I've completely fallen off the wagon and if I stay where I am right now at the weigh-in...well...it won't be pretty. :S

*Deep Breath*

I'm hoping now to just get down to my starting weight.

lackadaisy
03-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Kristilynn -- congrats!!

I turned in my undergraduate thesis today. Didn't proofread it and i'm SURE there are terrible parts. BUT I FINISHED IT. I'm so happy. I've was off-plan (maybe 1900 calories a day) for two days in the final stretch because I just refused to count or deprive myself of carbs while (1) not sleeping (2) writing ~2000 words a day, so I've shot up two pounds, which is terrible -- but I know that's not "real" fat so I'm determined to work it off by the end of the week.

Today was ok calorie-wise - two mini Clif bars (100 each), small veg panini sandwich (250), half chocolate bar (100). Ran about twenty minutes and bought some amazing Cole Haan leather pumps for $10 at a consignment shop :carrot: Not too hungry so I'll have a small dinner and crash -- I've slept so little in the past two weeks even I can't believe it.

Nienna
03-10-2011, 01:27 AM
Takingcontrol, I’m also teaching English! I teach at a primary school in the Eastern part of Finland, and I’ve just extended my work contract for another year. Your work situation sounds a bit frustrating at the moment; I hope your coworkers start pulling a bit more of the weight so that you can spend some time on other things. What exercises are you planning other than c25k?

Chantelle, congratulations on your jog!

Kim, I’m feeling much better today, thanks. I think I’ve kicked the stomach bug. Actually, I’m not sure that it was a bug. It’s possible that I may have eaten some very old eggs. Might be time to clean out the fridge!

Kristilinn, I’m sorry about the troubles in your family, but congratulations on the job offer! That’s amazing!

Kariatari, good luck with the parent/teacher conferences and the St. Patty’s day party. Just hang in there and get back on plan and you’ll be down to your start weight again soon. Sending lots of good thoughts and encouragement your way!

Daisy, congrats on turning your thesis in! You must feel relieved. I hope that you’re able to get some much-deserved rest now! Those shoes sound great, by the way.

So I’m thinking that I don’t entirely understand weight loss. I overindulged with some wine last night (which unfortunately also led to a rather regrettable Facebook exchange with London lover-boy) and was rather dreading the scale this morning. So what’s up with the 2+ pound whoosh? Maybe I’m just really dehydrated or something. It certainly doesn’t make sense that I would lose weight after drinking. I’ll take it, though, and hope that it sticks!

southernbelle102
03-10-2011, 03:57 AM
Hey everyone! Sorry I am not very active this challenge!! It has been a very busy week! I hope you are all doing well :)

I am leaving for a trip out of town on Friday so I am going to go ahead and post my current weight for this weeks weigh in so that if I can't get to a computer on Sunday, at least there is a weight logged for me.

Have a great rest of your week!

takingcontrol
03-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Chantelle, go you on the running :) It just shows not everyone needs to use the programme to succeed. I've no idea how fast I jog, I don't even really care, but tonight I did 10 mins straight as part of my normal workout day (non C25K day) and it was great, I'm actually finding myself wanting to run now, NEVER thought that'd happen!

KimL1214 Hope the snow clears up soon, when do you normally expect spring where you are?

Kristilinn13 So sorry to hear about your bad news, I hope your sister is doing OK, and that you get to go n see your gran x
Great news about the interview, when is it? Will have my fingers crossed :)

Kariatari Sounds like you've been busy! Don't be hard on yourself about falling off the wagon, just get straight back on there and you'll do great, if not this week, then next week.

Lackadaisy Congrats on getting your papers handed in, YEAH! Well done for being realistic about diet during this stressful time, you'll be back on track in no time I'm sure!

Nienna Your weight loss is making me want wine soooo bad lol FB is evil when drunk ey? I do C25k three days a week, swim on Sundays and then try to do cardio or strength training most other days. Since being on this challenge, I've felt so much more motivated to exercise daily, and I can really feel the results. Your teaching job sounds great, if I don't get accpeted on MA TESOL programme for this October, I'm going to look to work in Europe next.

SouthernBelle have a great weekend away :)

Well, day four of being perfectly on plan here, this challenge is working wonders for me! Hoping to see a nice drop on the scales in the next day or so now TOM is over. I've worked so hard at the exercise the last couple of weeks, and got way more consistent with my eating, I think I deserve a 4 week whoooosh before I'm back to England!

This afternoon my housemate and I were looking back at pictures of a holiday we took in October, since which I've dropped about 17kg and she's being gyming hard to tone up, and seeing the difference in me already was SO motivating to keep going. I'm slightly disgusted I ever let myself get into that state, but also felt so proud of how far I've come, I honestly didn't realise I looked that different already! Knowing I've changed so much already has made me so determined to finish the journey. I don't even care how long it takes, I'm changed for life now. Learning a new relationship with food, learning how to run and enjoying it! and everything else that comes with this process is just so cool. For the first time today I actually visulised skinny, toned and fit me, and how I can't wait to meet her!

Has anyone got any strategies planned to lose a little extra by the weekend? I'm hoping for two more on plan eating days (no Saturday treats) and tomorrow I want to do C25K week5day1 and a 30 min workout DVD, on Saturday I want to do at least half an hour of something, as it's my hardest day at work, I can't really expect anymore than that.

Good luck everyone, have a good day, making good choices, we WILL all do this :)

lostangel05
03-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Well, only saw that 197 once. It's been 199 all week.

KimL1214
03-10-2011, 07:09 PM
lostangel05~ You saw it though, so you know it's there and within reach!

takingcontrol~ Sometimes we get lucky and the snow disappears by late March, but most years we expect Winter to last from late October to Mid-Late April. Last year we got a HUGE storm in mid April and kept the snow until May...

southernbelle102~ Thank you for posting early! Have a great weekend!!!

Nienna~ Our bodies are so fickle sometimes! I'll be curious to see if the drop sticks as well, let us know!

lackadaisy~ How are you doing calorie wise today?

kariatari~ Oh, fun, parent/teacher conferences!!! I'm actually sitting in the classroom waiting for my next conference now, so I definitely feel your pain! Plus the food they provided for dinner tonight, which they promised would be healthy, was cold, loaded with mayo and just disgusting. I ended up picking at stuff and just chugging a bottle of water.

kristilinn13~ I'm sorry to hear about your sister and grandma :hug: and congrats on your offered position!!! Are you going to take it?

Thursday Question~ Are you a morning or evening exercise person?

I switch back and forth between the two all the time. I really struggle getting out of bed in the morning, but when I settle into a routine, I don't have any problem with it. Problem with waiting until the evening is that I am more likely to come up with some kind of excuse to convince myself that I don't need to work out that day. I'm still moving a lot of stuff over to my new place right now, plus house sitting my parents place, plus dealing with a messed up schedule, so I'm kind of all over the place. I just need to start treating exercise like my job! Not an option, something I HAVE to do!

So I put a couple pics to show you all what our last storm was like. The part that you can't really see is that we already had two feet of snow on the ground. Snow Piles were already 5-7 feet high when this storm hit, so finding a place to put all the snow was wicked tough. All the schools around here had to cancel school for Tuesday even though the storm ended late Monday night, just because they had to figure out where they were going to put all the snow in the parking lots. It took them until 10:30PM Tuesday to clear the parking lots, and as it, about 20 spaces are now until 15-20 foot tall snow banks.

And now it's raining... So now that we have between 4-5 feet of snow, it's raining... which means there is no place for the water to be absorbed other then by the snow, which will in turn melt... which means there are flood warnings EVERYWHERE. Including flash flood warnings, where they basically scare the crap out of you and tell you to evacuate immediately if a flood starts. Our town even tested its alert horn today to make sure that not only people who live right in town could hear it, but everyone within 8-10 miles could... We had a nasty flash flood in '98 and the horn wasn't working at the time, so there wasn't any warning... We have a fast slowing river that runs around the outside of the whole town, there is only one small stretch that the river doesn't run along. When we lost the bridges in '98, it could take as long as an hour to get to the next town over, which was normally only 5-10 minutes away...

I'm seriously rambling...

This is the first thing I saw when I opened the garage door (the car on the right is mine)...
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/kiml121483/snowstorm.jpg

This is what it looked like standing on ground level...
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/kiml121483/Snowstorm2.jpg

And this was after over an hour of shoveling... The snow was extremely wet and heavy, and just moving one square foot of snow took at least 4-5 shovel fulls...
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/kiml121483/Snowstorm8.jpg

And this is what our dogs did all day... If you look closely, you'll see a husky, a miniature poodle, and a chihuahua...
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/kiml121483/Dogs.jpg

SnowWolf
03-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Nienna- It's good, it's hard...but good. :) I like the feeling after. I need to push myself alittle harder-last workout I couldn't becuase I messed up my knee. But I'm really enjoying it so fare and I can't wait to see the results from it! This will be the forth day. Oh yeah.

Also way to go with the wine-wooshing! *chants* hope it sticks!

lostangel05-Aw, well you'll get back down, just keep doing good, there is a big WHOOSH most likely heading your way!

takingcontrol-hehe that's funny, I'd be on the scale too, and thank you. =) Girl, thats fantastic that your in the zone. You do deserve that whoosh! :hug: Wow, I'm proud of you! That's modivating just to hear you. Keep moving those buns!

Chantelle- Whoah! Congrats on that stamina, way to go! *high five*

KimL1214- Oh, it was great, thank you...although I hurt my knee pretty bad with not running right. I think I wasn't stopping the right way. I'm not a runner, but I try to run for short periods while on my walk, the problem is I din't pace myself, I guess I have the soul of a sprinter.

kristilinn13- I'm so sorry about your sister, I hope that lots of love is sent there way and that they can be blessed with what they wish for. And A BIG CONGRATES! That's awesome! :carrot: Yeah, life is life. But it's a beautiful crazy ride.

lackadaisy- Don't worry it isn't real 'fat' weight, haha I know how you feel, been there done that too. Just push threw it! Kick some butt. and congrats on staying focused on your work. :)

southernbelle102- Have a great week also!

Welp, I'm excited to meet the sexy, healthy, best me also. :) I've been doing super grand...uh, with my health that is. haha. I'm excited for this wiegh-in. Everyone keep working hard! Let's do this, let's do better then the other team! grrrr lol

lackadaisy
03-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the support guys! :hugs: I'm really sleepy and so will be awful about personals today -- my body woke me up after 5 hrs sleep last night, still not used to actually sleeping, so I'm a little delirious.

For example: after a light day until 10pm, sleep-deprived agreed to celebrate completing my thesis with two girlfriends. The damage? One huge margarita (no problem), a whole basket of tortilla chips (slight problem), and about a third of a pecan pie (PROBLEM). Oops.

Anyway, I decided a fast was in order today -- nothing drastic, just only having tea before dusk. Felt hungry (obviously) but great. I figure my muscles are still loaded with late last night's glycogen stores ;). Utterly pooping out now, but looking forward to being back on track with yummy food and a run tomorrow morning, and replying to this thread. It sounds like you're all doing really well!

lostangel05
03-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the support! :)

maenad
03-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Hello!

I am sorry I haven't been very active here. We had some computer problems combined with super busy schedules this past week so I haven't had time to check in.

I have been pretty good on the food front. I only had one off plan meal this week, and I kept drinking to a minimum. I work a lot the next few days so that will also help me stay on track.

It sounds like everyone else is doing good! stay focused ladies!

takingcontrol
03-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Hey All,

I'm knackered tonight, second friday night I've not allowed myself a treat, n it's hard! Especially as my housemate has gone to Bangkok for a night out, n I'm stuck in home alone trying not to feel too sorry for myself!

Kim Your snow looks bad, I hope spring comes soon for you this year :)

In answer to your question, I always workout in the evening, no way I'd be able to get up n do anything before work! I'm not that dedicated, luckily here I've no real commitments other than work, so I can fit it in quite easily. Back in the UK I'll have a lot more juggling on my hands and will definitely find out how committed I am to making this change permanent!

Managed to stay pretty much on plan, had a slice of ham more than I meant to at dinner, but, I didn't finish the packet, so that's a small victory. Hope I don't eat it for breakfast now! Still not quite managed to take control of my eating then!

Did C25K week 5 day 1 tonight. Was ok, have to move it out onto the track next week, no more running around the living room!

Looking forward to another on plan Saturday tomorrow, I CAN do it!! If I do, I'm allowing myself a day off on Sunday, as Monday's my birthday so I'm allowed a treat day, but just one day! On Monday, I still have to behave!

Have a good Friday everyone, weigh in's nearly here. :)

Nienna
03-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Southernbelle, I hope that you have a nice trip! Where are you headed?

Takingcontrol, I wish I could blame facebook + drunkenness for my own annoying behavior, but – alas – I think I just have issues when it comes to interacting with romantic interests. I guess it was good to be reminded of them with someone whom I won’t ever see again so that I can work on them before I meet someone with actual long-term romantic potential. I guess. On another note, your exercise routine is inspiring me! I was really gung-ho about jogging/yoga/weight-training back when I started losing weight, but winter and several holiday trips abroad have made me quite lazy. Time to get back into the swing of things!

Kim, I didn’t hang on to all of the loss (I was definitely really dehydrated when I weighed myself), but I did hang on to some of it, which made me happy! This morning I was at 112.6, which is still lower than I was before the wine incident. Maybe I shocked my body into a whoosh by consuming more calories than usual or something. I hope that it’s not flooding too much over in your neck of the woods. I hate this springtime weather. Where I am, yesterday, it was warm enough for all the snow to start melting, which made everything icy and slippery and dangerous, and then it started snowing all over again today. At least it’s not so cold anymore, though! Your dogs are really cute, by the way.

SnowWolf, I hope that your knee feels better soon! And I love your competitive attitude – I agree, let’s kick some tulip butt!

Daisy, don’t worry too much about the pecan pie. I’m sure that your fast today and your recent liberation from thesis-writing (and the sleep that will come with it) will help you see results at the weigh in. But mmm margaritas and tortilla chips sound soooo good. Tortilla chips are my downfall. I seriously have nightmares about bingeing on them. Weird.

I’m going to go ahead and post my weight already. I’m having major computer problems and will be taking my computer to the shop tomorrow. I’m hoping that they’ll be able to fix it same-day, but otherwise I won’t be able to get it back until next weekend. If I do get it fixed tomorrow, I’ll update my stats on Sunday! If I don’t check in before next week, I hope that everyone has a very successful weigh in and smooth sailing over the next few days. Keep up the good work!

SnowWolf
03-11-2011, 07:10 PM
lackadaisy- you'll be back on track and ready to rumble no prob. ;) Peacon Pie so horriably scumpious. Props for the fast...I tried doing that once...it didn't work. *cough*

lostangel05- :)!

maenad- I know how you feel! And great job of staying on track! Keep it up!

takingcontrol-Man, that's great that you have the will power to not have a treat! I don't let myself have treats, I feel yeah.

Nienna- My knee is much better, pretty normal now. Thank you. :hug: haha, YEAH! THEIR BUTT IS GRASS!!! NOW THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO HERE! WHOOP!!

KimL1214- For the question, usually I'm a evening exercise person during the week days. I like to walk before noon on the weekends. And I hope that snow and rain goes away soon for you and that. And it with Turbofire they gave us a calender schedual for each day, so it's like a job to me too. :)

warning! venting:
Well I'm glad it's Friday. I'm so tired of high school kids, can't wait to get out!!! I feel kind of slouchy becuase I'm waiting to get cloths when I loss more weight! :( grr. God, when I reach my goal weight I wounder if people at school will look at me differently or treat me differently... I'm tired of holding back at school, I just don't trust people. Plus my school is full of rich stupid people, not trying to prejudice there is alot of good people as well, I'm just tired of teenagers and how everyone seems to judge and say things behind everyones back. I'm not the most social person, but I'm thankful for friends that love and care for me. I'm just different. I always remind myself actors are always different. I'm just a very unque person and I love that about myself, but it comes with a price. I think when I'm happier with myself I'll be able to not care about judgement becuase when I stop judging myself I will not care what anyone thinks of me. And in that way I'll be able to be more social. I'm tired of being the way I am now, and I always wounder if this is just who I am or if it was a learned habbit. When I was young I was not quit and was happy and friendly. Maybe if I just can be free and be myself like when I was young, I'll not be afraid of people. Sorry for the vent, I just needed to write it down. Oh, also another thing, when I'm successfull and happy people that I know now will be like oh yeah she was kind of wierd but now I wish I would have known her.

now I'm going to go for a run and clear my head and heart.

maenad
03-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Blah.

I had a great day food wise, but a terrible one work wise. I had a boy in one of my classes poke another boy in the eye, which then turned into an all out brawl in my classroom. I had no idea who did what and what to do, finally i ended up with three boys sitting in the separate corners of the room. I was pretty miserable by the end of work and decided to get one of my favorite fruits here to eat as comfort food. I got home and ate it with some cheese. HOWEVER: I think it was under-ripe and i threw up about 20 minutes after eating it and feel awful now. I took some stomach meds, but I'm all cramped up and it sucks.

time to lay down for a bit.

maenad
03-12-2011, 09:01 AM
SnowWolf - I noticed that one of your goals is to "get port of Subs" do you mean the sub sandwich place? Are you in Reno, or do they have Port Of Subs in other areas of the states?

SnowWolf
03-12-2011, 12:14 PM
@maenad- No, not in Reno. haha, yes the sandwich place. You know the cards they give you to get stamped everytime you buy a sub? I have an old one and I can get a free sub. It's kind of silly but being low on money I thought it would be a fun way to celibrate that goal. I think they have port of subs all over the state and in other states as well. :)

Hope everyone is having a good saturday! Be productive!

takingcontrol
03-13-2011, 01:26 AM
The results are in 3.4lb down :) That's 6.7lb in the last two weeks, I love it :) Just hoping I can keep this rate up for my last four week push before I go home!

This weigh in has broken the 190lb barrier, I'm now 189.5, but I'll take that. It has put me in the overweight category, no longer obese WHOOOOOP!

I'm also about to go out for an afternoon at the pool wearing a 12-14 top (UK size) in Jan I was fluctuating between 16 and 18's, my waist is disappearing, now I just need my thighs and arms to catch up!

Gonna go off plan today and tomorrow slightly, but I have to report everything I eat, so I'm still accountable, and I still have to exercise. THen on Tues it's straight back on the band wagon for 5 on plan days before next weeks weigh in!

Hope everyone's having a good weekend, sending whoooshes out to all of you :)

lostangel05
03-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Yes! 196.8 this morning!

SnowWolf
03-13-2011, 01:40 PM
takingcontrol- Whoop!! Congrats on the loss this week! Keep doing amazingly great!:)

lostangel05-Congrats on going pass that 197! Keep going!! Keep it up!:high:

Yay! I'm happy with my weight loss this week, down -3 lbs at 138.6. =D @takingcontrol, I am waiting for my thighs, butt, and legs to catch up also. It's really irriating me I don't want to get muscular I want a nice sleak elequent degree of tone-ness. I'll just keep going and eventually I'll start to lose more fat in those areas, right? They are the areas I want to lose fat the most. I want to be able to stand without my thighs touching!

Anyway team lets keep kicking some grass lets have huge whooshes next week!

kariatari
03-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Congrats on your losses, SnowWolf, takingcontrol and lostangel! I've still got to post my weight on the board, I'm excited to see everyones losses!

Kim, your pics are nasty! The worst winter chore is scooping cars out of parking lots. Ew. I was just wondering yesterday why I didn't have my patio furniture out yet, and then today the 33 degree high reminded me of why. March is such an evil b*tch like that! Sorry to hear about your less than gourmet conference food. At my school we have a teacher potluck where everyone tries to outdo eachother. The big hits this year were chocolate chip cheesecake bars, buffalo chicken dip and crockpot fajitas. (No wonder I struggled with losing this week!)

In response to your question, I'm more of an after work kinda girl. Although, on the weeknds I prefer to get it out of the way before noon.

takingcontrol
03-14-2011, 07:06 AM
Argh, birthday's and weight loss don't go well together! I gave myself a treat day yesterday, and ended up eating normal cereal and yogurt breakfast with some cantaloupe melon. Then for lunch I had this amazing Thai dish I've been missing so much, tempura green veg (don't know it's name in English!) With an amazing prawn, squid, minced pork and general spicy richness sauce. I then had a couple of beers at the pool, and swam 12 lengths! Went round to a friends house and ate a bacon and mozzarella melt, some salt and vinegar crisps (divine!) had some vodkas with soda and orange juice, and then a couple more beers with some sushi later.

This morning I had a bacon and egg sandwich on wholemeal bread cooked by my lovely housemate, for lunch I had a beef stirfry dish with rice. I also had some crab sticks and low fat mayo for a snack, and for dinner I plan to have a small portion of fried fish with salad with half dressing and a fruit smoothie. I'm also off for a birthday run later, first time taking the programme outside, eeekkkk! I've been drinking sooooo much water today, well dehydrated after all the alcohol yesterday! I'm pretty pleased with the lack of cake and that I didn't go completely mental, and that I'm well ready to be back on track tomorrow. By my next birthday, I WILL be a skinny chick lol

Here's to a great week everyone, lets kick *** :D x

lostangel05
03-14-2011, 04:05 PM
taking control: sounds like fun! happy birthday!

196.4 this morning!

Going to have a yard sale this weekend. Time for some spring cleaning!

takingcontrol
03-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Oh dear, had a great couple of days, but, now the scale results are in, 2KG, 4.4lb heavier this morning than on Sunday morning, whoops!

Hoping that some of that is water weight, and that with a good OP 5 days I can lose that 2kg and some more, we'll see!

Had a really good run at the track last night, so much better (and harder!) than running at home! I set off wayyyyyy too quickly, and half way through my 8 min run was dying, but managed to finish it. On the second one though, I was exhausted, so I had to break it down into two fours with an interval. So, I'm back to the track on Weds to re do this day again, fingers crossed!

Snowwolf Congrats on your loss :) Hope your legs and bum are looking how you want them to soon!

Lostangel Thank you! N congrats on losing again, yippeeee! Hope the yard sale goes well, I've started slowly but surely going through all my stuff here and throwing out/putting for charity/giving to friends SOOO much. I'm leaving with 20kg baggage allowance and right now I've got a houseful! 4 weeks to go, really need to start getting everything sorted!

Have a great week everyone :) x

maenad
03-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Slight problem: I didn't weigh in this week.

I usually got to the gym on Monday mornings to use the scale since I don't have one at home. However, I couldn't go yesterday so I didn't weigh in. Last night I went to a friends house and noticed a scale in the hall so I hopped on thinking that could be my weigh in. I was 3 kilos (6.5 pounds) heavier than last week. So my guess is it's just that the cheapy scale is off. (maybe it was in the hall to get thrown out? I do remember seeing a bunch of stuff piled on it last week when I was there, that can't be good for a scale) I couldn't have gained that much weight this past week, I had a really on track one, I was expecting a lose for sure.

So I was really upset for a minute, but have calmed down and know that I just need to stick to the same scale for weigh-ins. I won't have a weigh-in this week because I am so late, but will have one next week!

SnowWolf
03-15-2011, 12:25 AM
kariatari-thank you.^_^

takingcontrol-Hey, it is your b-day!!! I'm sorry I was so focused on being supportive in a weight-loss-sort-of-way that my brain died and I forgot to say:....:bday2you::celebrate:!!! Im glad you had an awesome day! and HIGH-5 to being the skinny chick on the next b-day! AMEN to that! and just one more:woo: and have faith in yourself, this is a life style your fallowing here so just keep going, keep pushing! You can do it! and thank you. Dido. :)

lostangel05- :) Great job girlie! Keep up that steady weight loss. I hope to do the same. And I hope you make some mulla (sp?) with the yard sale. That's coming up for me also.

maenad-Stupid cheapy scales. I bet you'll have a great lose for the next one. Keep staying stronge and on track. Go kick some butt!

hmmm, I can tell TOM is coming upon be soon. I really hope next week becuase this Thursday is Broadway Memories for theatre and I don't want to have my period, I did last time. I just pray God will not bless me with it this week. Um, also I've noticed I get kind of snacky right before my TOM and want to just eat, I had to fight that urge today. I'm very proud of myself. Even though last night I hade some frozen yogart and today I had the rest of it...it isn't that bad, but I felt fluffy and gross...and I wanted to just eat more stuff instead of doing my Turbofire. But then right when I just wanted to give up and go for a walk my mom told me to just do it( kind of embarressed to admit that, but still in high school as a senior). I thought about it. I didn't come this fare for nothing. I could just push myself. I grumbled over and...guess what? I did the whole 45 minutes! sure laking a little intensity and energy but I was pushing and huffing and sweeting, then did the 10 minture streach class. I am so proud of myself right now. Plus I learned an importent lesson: Mind over matter. I learned that I have to like that pain. That I can go harder. Next time I'm going all out I'm goint to die. And I'm going to like it. Maybe I'll cuse in my head...or picture beating someone up...or picture my best body in a bikini or my graduation dress. Either way I've made up my mind that I'm going to be in pain, becuase I CAN go there. It's all in my head. And one more thing I AM NOT going to let my pre-tom and tom effect me with any of this. It's not an excuse, I'm determined and it's not going to get in my way! Also another thing is I think I'm having to much fat in my diet. Ex: Putting I can't believe it's not butter on my pan for eggs and on my toast.

Ok guys, let's kick our own butts! So we can kick the other team's butt! hehehe...let's win!:D But more importently, let's all be the BIGGEST LOSER!:carrot:

lostangel05
03-15-2011, 12:43 AM
Wooo yea! Biggest Loser team right here! hehe

summershine
03-15-2011, 12:44 AM
silly TOM is silly. Hopefully next week or the week after are more whooshy for me :D

Woooooo Turbofire twins SnowWolf ! Did you start for the challenge like I did, or have you been doing it for a while?

Anyone else doing turbo fire? =D

takingcontrol
03-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Maenad Those scales are sure to be way out of whack, just save all your weight loss up for a great figure next week :) The change in scales is actually something really bothering me, when I go home, I hope my UK scales read the same as my Thai scales, or it'll completely mess up last weeks weigh in, in fact, not sure it'll even be fair for me to weigh in that week. Will wait and see what the difference is first I guess!

Snow wolf Thanks for the birthday wishes, I had a great day, and you're so right, we've got to be realistic about this 'dieting' if it's really going to be a forever lifestyle type thing.

Well done on getting through your workout, mind over matter is by far and away the hardest thing for me. I've got sooo much better since seeing the results though, now I know that keeping on going even when I want to give up really makes a huge difference, and that works, most of the time! Hope TOM doesn't arrive until after your theatre.

Lostangel :wave: Hope you're having a good day, I love seeing you and the team banner popping up on a few of the other threads I read!

Summershine Sending a huge whoosh your way (and keeping one for myself, I'm going to need it this week!)

OK well, getting back OP has been a little hard today, but not as bad as I feared. I've been very lazy with the exercising, just doing about 10 mins strength training on my arms. But tbh, cardio is by far and away my main focus for the next month, and I only want to do that every other day, so there will be a few more 'quiet' days in my exercise routine, which I have to use to start sorting my life out for the big move home!

If I get on OK running on the track tomorrow, I'll do a workout DVD on Thurs and then jog again on Friday. If tomorrow kills my legs, I might sit out the video on Thurs and just do my jogging this week until my legs get more used to track running, we'll see!

takingcontrol
03-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Forgot to say, I had a great moment today when I found my medical certificate from last May, and my weight on there was 103kg which is 227lb. So since last May I've lost 38lb, so I'm over half way there! 38 down 35.5 to go :D :D :D

Although, I have no idea if that goal weight will stick, I guess we'll see when I get closer to it! Yippeeeeeee!

lostangel05
03-15-2011, 11:56 AM
takingcontrol: Thanks! :) It's been a rough morning, but otherwise I'm doing well. It is nice to see other teammates! My background on my computer is a picture of daisies..in honor of our team. :) Congrats on your weight loss!

SnowWolf
03-15-2011, 11:15 PM
lostangel05-WOOOOAHHHH! Right back at you! We ARE the biggest loser team. Why? Becuase we are just so damn good. :carrot: and why has it been a rough morning?

summershine- *sends lots of whooshes* *sends more* =D Oh, I didn't know you are doing it too! Yes I started it for this challenge, by accident though. Yay! You feel my pain! Let's feel the burn (that goes for everyone...you guys wont let me feel the burn alone will you? :( ) Everyone:"**** no!" haha me: damn straight foo!

takingcontrol-Your very welcome. :) Yeah, I know what you mean. I remind myself of that all the time. I want to eat healthy for this rest of my life-I want to continue on being healthy. So when I had that frozen yogart sure I was irked, but I just reminded myself, 'it's ok. Your going to mess up sometimes for the rest of your life. It's fine, no big deal. Just learn to treat yourself here and there and you'll still reach your goals, and be stronge. It's a lifestyle.' Also congrats on your weight loss!!!:hug: It's like a sign saying you have already accomplished so much, keep going you can do anything with your will power.

Cease the day guys! Let's see some losses!

lostangel05
03-16-2011, 03:26 AM
My morning was rough because my mom was just in a really poor mood. My step-dad's father might be in his last days so it's having a toll on both him and my mom. I didn't get to know my step-dad's father because he has been in the nursing home since before my mom married my step-dad, but I hate to see my step-dad go through that. Last year was rough for us. Lost my grandpa, an uncle, my other grandpa had open heart surgery and then found out he had prostate cancer. What a mess. Hoping for a change in luck sometime this year.

But, on a lighter note, got a text from my ex today. He lives all the way in Mississippi while I live in Colorado. He said he heard, even from way down there, that I had been losing weight. :) He said I must be doing well for him to hear about it and congrats.

kariatari
03-16-2011, 11:38 AM
That's hilarious about your ex, takingcontrol!

I'm still stuck at 165.6, so I guess it's time for me to get really serious. I'm gonna be down at least two before the weigh in come **** or high water!

girlonfire
03-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Oh hey team. Sorry I haven't been posting and missed the first weigh-in. I was away for spring break and had no access to a scale. I did weight myself when I got back and I didn't gain any weight! I ate a whole lot, but I did a lot of walking as well so I managed to maintain pretty well. I will DEFINITELY be more involved now that midterms and the traveling part of break is over (I still have 5 days left). Great job team!

SnowWolf
03-16-2011, 09:29 PM
lostangel05-I'm sorry about your family. :hug: I hope everything will be all right with your step-dad's dad. On the light side, that's fun to hear from an ex, right?

For me...well, long stroy short I had to walk home for about 50-60 minutes. I was starving when I got home. I overate on healthy foods. I inhaled an apple, then made two eggs, had a yogart while I was watching my eggs, later had two pieces of bread with peanutbutter, then a small salad. I ate all of these things quickly right when I got home. Then I ate two whole-grain crackers and a lick of honey oh and almost half of a canalope. Then another egg and another apple. Few, that seems a lot but the only thing I had for breakfast was two pieces of bread and my whey protien drink, I didn't get home until 3:20 and had breakfast at 6:50 am. The good news is I'm fine for my calories for the day, but I can't eat anything else. My body was and is just tired and low on energy so I kept eating and I just was not happy. But I don't think I was bad, just ate to much at once.

Kind of frustrated with my scale. Still 138.6, I'm doing good and see results in my body. So I hope to see a loss for this weigh-in, becuase I'm on track. Hoping for 138! At least! And I would really like to see a whoosh after my tom thats coming up, I think pre-tom is the reason I'm not seeing a change. But very hopeful anyway to see a loss for Sunday.

Hope everyone is having a great day. :)

KimL1214
03-17-2011, 12:09 PM
SnowWolf~ Maybe it was a bit much at once, but at least you ate all good foods!

chloekinsicle~ How was your break? Great job not gaining any weight while gone!

kariatari~ What's your plan for craziness to boost your weight loss? Yeah, the snow was pretty crazy last week, but most of it is gone now! Lots of water everywhere, but I'm loving the 45 degree weather. Most of us are walking around in T-shirts!

lostangel05~ :hug: I hope things are going better for your family! :hug: That's awesome that your ex sent you that text!

takingcontrol~ Congrats on being over half way!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

summershine~ I've gotta look Turbofire up! How long is the challenge?

maenad~ Have you tried a different scale since then?

southernbelle102 & lackadaisy :wave::wave::wave:~ How are you doing?

Nienna~ Funny story, I just got another dog! Haha, she's 4 months old and should be right between the mini poodle and husky size wise... My bus said I need to get a Mastiff now, so that I have a dog of every size...

Thursday Question~ Are you a calorie counter or do you follow some kind of diet?

I am currently following Weight Watchers, although I'm struggling a bit trying to learn all the new points to everything as I had them all pretty much memorized before they did the big switch.

I'm almost completely moved in, which will free up so much more time for me to focus on myself! I sublocated my knee a couple days while moving stuff, so I'm slowly working my way up to being able to get around. I did get another dog, she's 4 months old and a boxer, lab, chihuahua(??!!) Mix! She's amazing and adorable, and I'm hoping she's gonna be a permanent addition, but I have to wait and see how well she gets along with my poodle as he is king! My roommate and I picked her up Monday night when we got a call that someone was going to leave the puppy in the woods if they didn't find a home for it soon. My sister does animal rescue, and I've alerted her of the new pup, just in case she doesn't work out in my home. My sister said she already has three families interested and would set up interviews with us so we can meet the people ahead of time if we decide not to keep her.

Almost Friday!!!

kariatari
03-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Kim, your new doggie pal sounds adorable! Will you post some pics for us to ooh and ahh over? I love dogs and can't wait until the day I can finally get one! (Probably not until the FI gets out of school - right now both of our schedules are crazy!)

My plan right now is to strictly limit carbs. South Beach Phase 1. I have been letting myself cheat with with dark chocolate, beer, nights out with friends (where I pretty much eat about anything) and some Wheat Thins I have stashed in the pantry. NO MORE CHEATING! (Ok, so I did let myself have 4 pieces of Dove Dark Chocolate with some walnuts and milk today. But I was in dire need of a chocolate fix!) So far it's working well, but I've got two nights out with friends coming up (and a date night tonight!) so I've gotta put my Super Scary Gameface on. No drinks other than red wine and nothing to eat other than veggies, meat or cheese. HOOAH!

southernbelle102
03-19-2011, 03:45 PM
I am back from a week long retreat and am happy to report that I am down to 239 as of todays weighin!! That is a loss of 8 lbs this week. I ate clean on the retreat, walked a TON and worked out a lot. I m so sore but the whoosh FINALLY came!!

Yay!

Nienna
03-20-2011, 06:05 AM
EDIT:

A big sorry to those who were subjected to my long and horrid rant. I'm disappointed that I gained weight and acted with so little control this past week, but I shan't go blaming it on my holiday or my rather dysfunctional romantic entanglements with other people. Anyhow, I feel loads better after I drank my morning coffee!

This week will be much better. I am going to get everything back on track, starting with my apartment, which is currently a huge, disgusting mess.

Kim, very cool about the new dog! I love animals and hope that someday I'll own enough property to keep a small menagerie. Your sister's work with animal rescue sounds very nice, as well. I hope that your knee continues to get better.

and Southernbelle, AWESOME on the weight loss! You go, girl!

takingcontrol
03-20-2011, 07:09 AM
Hello Everyone,

Well, the last half of last week got a bit crazy here, think realisation finally hit home that I'm leaving here very soon, so got all busy in sorting out my stuff, the house, and stuff at work, so didn't have much chance to post.

SouthernBelle WOW! Well done! That's amazing, the retreat sounds like such a cool thing, well done you :)

Nienna Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it at the moment. Sounds like you're on a proper emotional rollercoaster, hope it all calms down for you soon.

So I'm 2.1lb down this week, which I'm pretty happy with given my birthday off plan time at the beginning of the week, and an accidental drunken night last night, which I'm really suffering for today (and just ate cake, whoops!) That's it now though, back on plan for a fully on plan week I hope. Getting so close to the UK, it's making it much easier to keep going with such a huge goal.

I've finally plucked up the courage to move my exercise regime to the running track, outdoors, rather than in the house. I'm finding it so much harder to run there than at home, and have decided to re do week 5 of C25K next week, and really hope I can beat the mental barrier and just do it.

I'm really going to ramp up the exercise this week, on top of the jogging, I'm going to try and do an hour or something everyday, be it strength or cardio I don't mind, just really need to get on it now. Soooooo, hoping for a whooosh next week please! I'd love to go home 80kg, and right now I'm 85kg, so if I'm going to make it, I've gotta have a good loss next week.

As for my plan, it's just a homemade 'diet' whereby I'm cutting out all the crap, using portion control and making better choices. When I get nearer goal and back to the UK I might have to start counting the calories, but for now, just eating healthier is working well.

Had a great moment last night, after a few vodkas at home, my housemate and I decided to hit the town, I'm having a wardrobe dilemma just now, with everything being too big, it's great, but really annoying! So, my skinny housemate was like, wear this dress, giving me her dress, I didn't want to try it on cos I knew it wouldn't fit, but she insisted it was a loose fit n I should try. I put it on, n it looked great! N the excitement of being able to share and swap clothes was sooooooo cool, I love the new me in the making :)

Good luck to everyone weighing in today, I hope everyone's well x

SnowWolf
03-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Hi everyone. I'd just like to apoligize for doing badly this week. I didn't know what was with me, kind of depressed about it. I let down my team and myself. But, I'm never going to let myself down ever again, that's a promise. Anyway, I wish everyone a happy day and a awesome weigh-in. I was in second place last week too! *grrr* I'm sorry guys.

girlonfire
03-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Oy vey. I am having one of the worst TOMs ever- horrible cramps, tired all the time, and (of course) I am up about 4-6 pounds. I hope that doesn't screw up our numbers too much. It should come off pretty quickly in a few days (I hope). I can't wait to get my IUD.

lostangel05
03-20-2011, 07:34 PM
I spent most of this week going through the tons of stuff in our "junk" room for the yard sale. So, I'm happy that I stayed in the 197s. Next week will be way better!

southernbelle102
03-21-2011, 03:20 AM
Thanks guys! Hope everyone who is struggling this week has a great week next week!! :)

Nienna
03-22-2011, 03:18 PM
takingcontrol, thanks for the words of encouragement! Swapping clothes with your roomie sounds wonderful. Congrats on that nsv! It sounds like you're doing really well with your lifestyle changes.

Girls, I need help! I am fast slipping into some sort of binge-restrict cycle, which is horrible and stupid and the fastest way I know of to gain all this weight back. Today, I ate what must have been an entire freaking packet of biscuits at work (as well as a substantial lunch), a large cheese pastry thing, half a bag of chips accompanied by mounds of melted cheese, a packet of cheesy crackers, three kiwis, a Snickers bar, half a packet of baking chocolates (??!), and I feel like I'm forgetting some stuff. Anyhow, I feel so sick. Someone please remind me that I like being thin! The rest of the chips are now going in the garbage. I need willpower, and badly!

lostangel05
03-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Ouch, Nienna, BUT...tomorrow is another day, ok? You can pull yourself back on track!

takingcontrol
03-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Nienna, by the sounds of it, you're reminding yourself that you like being thin, and you're the best person to do it by miles. DOn't be too hard on yourself, draw a line under it, and start eating properly again now. Envisage the skinny you evey time you think about 'bad' food. Look at all the things you have achieved, and hopefully you won't want to go back on that.

First two days OP this week, Sunday wasn't bad either (to say I tackled it with a hangover!), nearly killed myself at the gym last night, but it felt so good, can't wait for more!

How's everyone else getting on this week?

southernbelle102
03-24-2011, 12:16 PM
I have decided it would be best for me to stop weighing in daily (can get obessed with the #s) and just weigh in once a week. So far it has been a challenge but I am doing it :) Looking forward to weighing in this weekend... regardless of the #!

takingcontrol
03-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Southernbelle WHen I get back to England I'm gonna do just the same :) Hope it works for you!

Well today all i've wanted to do is eat, not good! Managed to stay reasonably on track. Had an extra half melon, a small pack of nuts n a couple of bits of sushi to keep the munchies at bay, and my normal meals were all good and healthy. This is such an improvement on a binge day 'before', but still not what I needed.

Think a lot of it's down to quitting smoking, which doesn't work well with dieting, meh! 5 days down, hopefully it'll get easier soon!

Hoping for two perfectly on plan days and a loss on Sunday morning, pretty please! x

takingcontrol
03-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Where is everyone?!

Just had a sneak preview on the scales (Saturday morning here) n I liked what I saw. Hopefully that will give me the motivation for an OP Saturday, which is never easy for me! I can't wait to be posting lovely figures tomorrow!

This is the week I gave up smoking, fell out with my exercise regime and tried so hard to make up, and was tempted to eat EVERYTHING all the time, but here I am, surviving to tell the tale, oh yeah!

Have a great weekend everyone :)

lostangel05
03-26-2011, 12:37 AM
Had my first binge yesterday..sigh. On plan today though. Haven't been exercising this week except taking the boys for a walk, pulling them in their little red wagon. There's always tomorrow though!

takingcontrol
03-26-2011, 08:15 AM
Oh bollocks, housemate n I just got a bottle of gin in, there goes my OP day then.......

lostangel05
03-26-2011, 10:36 AM
hehe, takingcontrol.

Back down to 194.6 this morning. Yay! :)

takingcontrol
03-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Gin drunk, no snacks eaten, hoping I'll be OK. Whoops!

takingcontrol
03-27-2011, 01:18 AM
Good luck to everyone weighing in today :)

Lostangel Glad you're back down, and please don't give yourself a hard time about the binge, it happened, you're back on track now

I'm down 2.4lb, which isn't bad, especially taking into account the 1/3 bottle of gin n the tonic that went with it I drunk last night, my half hearted attempt at exercise last week, and just not really having my head in the game in parts.

2 weeks 2 days to England. No more excuses. I'd love a big whoosh between now and then, gonna do everything I can to make it happen! Starting with cutting out the milky cold coffees I've been drinking, and eating more tuna and eggs for protein and less meat (most of it's pretty fatty here).

Exercise is key this week, no excuses, I just have to do it everyday, starting today.

I've got a meal out to say bye to one group of friends on Weds, and will be out for my last Saturday night here next weekend. So, I've gotta work hard the rest of the week. If I have a big loss, I'm celebrating with letting myself go next Sunday at our works leaving meal. We're having it at a fab all you can eat Japanese restaurant. All you can eat isn't great, but, Japanese can be done reasonably healthy so I'm gonna let myself enjoy it, as long as I'm good this week!

I hope with the support of 3FC I can get through the next couple of manic weeks and stay on the 'new lifestyle' wagon.

Have a great Sunday everyone :)

lostangel05
03-27-2011, 01:30 AM
Yep, need to get back on track with exercise too. Been slacking on it this week.

takingcontrol
03-27-2011, 01:41 AM
Lostangel I pledge to do 10 hours of exercise in the next two weeks, so weigh in day on the tenth i will have done it. I'll post on here daily what I have/ haven't done. See how that works out!

southernbelle102
03-27-2011, 12:45 PM
No loss this week, but I am not surprised after having such a large loss last week. Hope to see a smaller # next weekend!!

takingcontrol
03-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Southernbelle Hope you get your loss next week :)

I know I'm gonna have to work extra hard to lose anything this week. With a meal out on weds and Sunday night, and a night drinking on Saturday, it's certainly not going to be a given.

Luckily, I'm back teaching this week after a month sat in the office, so that means I'm a lot more active, and a lot less opportunity to snack.

Had an OP day today, and done 45 mins exercise, so that 45mins down, 9 hours 15mins to go before a week on Sunday!

Big news this week. I've hidden away the scales! I've become way too obsessed and find myself jumping on them every time I see them, and it's not healthy. So, I'm going to try and not get them out until next Sunday, but we'll see how that goes!

Hope everyone get's a chance to post this week, not long until the end of the challenge, it'd be great if we can all help each other push to victory.

Come on Team Daisy!

lostangel05
03-28-2011, 12:36 PM
takingcontrol, sounds like a good plan! southernbelle..here's to a large loss for the next week!

Huge BUMP for this thread. We had a lot of missed weigh ins. Where is everyone?

takingcontrol
03-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I just saw all the misses and wondered the same lostangel. Hope everyone's OK and checks in with us soon!

Come on Team Daisy!

peanutt
03-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Oops, I totally forgot to post WI here this week. I've been staying pretty uninvolved in the boards here lately thanks to a winter blahs funk (yes, it's STILL winter). Sorry team!

southernbelle102
03-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Here is a current progress pic of me... 141 lbs down so far :)

takingcontrol
03-29-2011, 09:43 AM
Hi Peanutt Sorry to hear you're still 'suffering' with winter, it's even relatively cold in Thailand at the moment, in what should be one of the hottest weeks of the year we're seeing 16-20 with wind/rain/cloudy grey when it should be 35-40 blue skies and wall to wall sunshine. The weather really is going mad! I hope your weight loss is on track :)

Southernbelle WOW! That's amazing!!You're looking GREAT! And the difference is remarkable!
I might do a before n now shot soon, I still don't think I look that different, and have still got along way to go to get to skinny, but maybe a progress photo will motivate me! It's lovely now that people have started to notice, so I guess I must be changing. In another 1kg I'll have lost 20KG or 44lb since my highest weight.

Well OP day so far today, not eaten dinner, but will do soon, I've already cooked it. Got some melon for supper, happy days. Just did a killer hour workout, n can already feel myself ceasing up, even after a great stretch n cool down, hope I'm not too bad tomorrow!

Exercise challenge = 1 hour 45mins down, 8 hours 15 to go!

Good luck to all :)

kariatari
03-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Hey Ladies! I'm back - had a crazy week/weekend and totally spaced off the weigh-in. I'm holding at 163 though. Everything's slowed down this week so I'm hoping for a whooosh! :) Hope everyone's doing well!

toastedsmoke
03-30-2011, 11:12 AM
Hey team! Sorry I haven't been that active posting on here. I have been lurking but should be commenting instead, I know. I'll do better from now on. I hope everyone (active posters and otherwise) is doing ok.

I'm still plugging away and trying to stay on plan on my travels. I've been UK-side for a week and i'm still not yet accustomed to the grey and cold. I'm having an awesome time though and absolutely loving it. It's been a bit difficult staying on plan with lots of delish "outside" food and wanting to try this and that but I'm working really hard at it, trying to make up for extravagant gastronomic days (rule being never to eat more than maintenance for the day) with strict plain eating days (1200cals). So far though, there've been a few more extravagant days than plain days unfortunately. Another issue with being away from regular life is that I've not yet really worked out. I brought work out vids but haven't yet done them. My friend I'm hanging with and I are mostly together and I don't really feel comfortable working out in front of anyone really, especially not a natural skinny Minnie (who has never had a fat day in her life)- she already thinks I'm weird with my food scale and the fact I travelled with my actual scale from home. She expressed an interest in going jogging and I would, but it's super cold, although maybe I wouldn't notice once I got warmed up. I don't know if they're any per-use or short term membership gyms here but I'll look into that. So far though, other than a good amount of walking about exploring, there's been no real exercise. :(

Travel-wise, so far it's been awesome. The perfect mix of vegging out in her warm apartment, shopping, doing London-y things and also doing a couple of road trips to Bath and Penzance (both picked for literary reasons-my obsession with Jane Austen and a random reference to Pirates of Penzance in a tv quiz show). We're not as spontaneous as I thought we'd be since we actually look up things before we set out and sort of plan at least a day or 2 in advance but it's still good. As far as self-discovery and getting out of my QLC funk, no astonishing moments of enlightenment yet, but I feel a bit better and more optimistic about the possibilities. AND I think I'm definitely going to pursue starting my own business.

In NSV news, ok so I mentioned shopping before. The main thing I wanted to accomplish was bra shopping. I don't really want to spend too much on clothes 1.)bcos I think the uk is incredibly expensive for clothes and 2.)bcos I'm still a work in progress and the clothes I got in America in January are already loose so it's not the best time for a clothes shopping spree. Anyway so to bra-shopping. I've been feeling kind of depressed over my boobs. Don't get me wrong they're still a good size but they've gotten super saggy and wrinkly and just really long and depressing to the point you can see the wrinkles on my boobs even in a bra if I wear a low cut top. (Reason why it's depressing i haven't had any kids, I'm 24 and I have granny boobs. Added to this I haven't already got a man that "loves my boobs the way they are"... so the situation is all the more stressful and worrying in that direction- I keep thinking how am I going to explain these boobs???). Anyway, i decided to go to what I consider the best place in the world for recalcitrant boobies, Rigby & Peller, hoping to get 1 bra to help my chest out. I went in with a wrinkly, saggy 40DDD, I came out a 36F with perfectly rounded, unwrinkly cleavage. It's amazing. The lessons I learned were, no smooth cup t-shirt bras (saggy boobs apparently need to extra support of a seam) and that no matter how saggy your boobs are, if they look wrinkly even IN a bra, the problem is not your boobs, it's the bra. Anyway, I got that advice and 1 bra at considerable cost to my wallet but it was definitely worth it to me! I then hustled over to a more pocket-friendly store (M&S) and got 4 bras at my new size for the cost of my 1 amazing one. The 4 though slightly less amazing, were still wayyyy wonderful and eliminated the wrinkly boob effect and were actually quite pretty. In other non-bra related NSV news, I mow fit into UK size 14 (US 10) jeans which was my original goal when I started this journey at 275lbs in Jan '09. And just so you know what an eternal optimist I'm not. My reaction to fitting in the jeans was: "who knew size 14 was so large." i need to work on the attitude and dysmorphic eyes. The jeans don't look large to me on a hanger but I feel they must be large since they fit ME! <shakes head at self>

Anyway, that's pretty much all that's been going on since I last posted. I'll definitely try to be more active here in terms of actually posting.

takingcontrol: Excellent work on the 44-lb loss so far. I'm really inspired by your excercise challenge for yourself. I think that's an awesome idea and maybe something I can do to motivate myself to get going.

Southernbelle: You're always soooo inspirational. The difference between the pics is amazing! you look AWESOME!!! WOW!

Peanutt: Sorry about the winter blues. I complain about the heat and unrelenting sun where I live all the time but I'm never so grateful for it as when I visit somewhere cold in the winter and imagine months and months of that. Hopefully spring shows up soon for you! :hug:

takingcontrol
03-31-2011, 12:51 PM
kariatari Hope the last week was good crazy! Fingers crossed for your whoosh this week!

toastedsmoke Good to hear from you! Your trip sounds great, and well done for not falling off the wagon while away! SOunds like you've got a great balance between treats and being sensible, hope I'll manage the same when I'm back in the UK! Love the shopping NSVs too, way to go!

Well, last night I didn't do any exercise, and went out for a meal to say bye to one group of friends. I did my best to not over eat, and to eat only a tiny bit of the naughty things! Was a lovely evening, topped off by the comments on my weightloss from people who haven't seen me since the start of my journey, lovely :)

Today I've been on plan (minus a few sweets, I hate having them in my class to give as prizes to students on my summer class!)

I'm currently trying to get out of a big night out on Saturday night, as right now my weightloss is more important to me than a night out. I know it's the right thing to do, but I also know my friends just don't really get it. But, we've got anotehr meal out on Sunday, and I'd much rather indulge with that than waste calories on alcohol and then probably food that goes with it when the munchies set in. I dunno if I'll actually get out of it, but we'll see!

Tonight I did one of my 30 min boxing workout DVDs, which used to be really tough, but it was over in no time, I was sweating, but was feeling good, so I did another 30 min strength and cardio DVD. Felt great getting through them both :D

So exercise log 2hrs 45mins down - 7hrs 15 to go. I'll try and do an hour tomorrow, another hour on Saturday, and some swimming on Sunday and I'll be on track, not easy, but doable!

I hope everyone's having a good week, good luck for Sunday :D

southernbelle102
03-31-2011, 04:35 PM
Toasted - thanks so much!! You are an inspiration tome too!! And, YAY for great bras!!!

This has been a really quiet challenge! How is everyone doing?

toastedsmoke
03-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Takingcontrol: Well done being so on point with the exercising!!! And with trying to balance fun times with friends with staying on plan. Friends especially those without weight issues tend not to get why you'd want to sacrifice a fun night out. My friend i'm visiting thinks I'm odd and I'm sure, less fun since she lives off takeaways and I rarely indulge with her like I did I'm the past. And another friend who used to be normal weight but is now morbidly obese and wayyy unhealthy (he gained weight pretty fast and his body is obviously not used to it- heavy breathing, wheezing, panting with very little physical activity etc) told me to my face last night that my behavior with counting calories was obsessive. Now this is one of my best friends and I worry soooo much about him because he's in such denial and thinks calorie counts are wayyyy overstated and lives off junk coupled with vast amounts of healthy food. I don't say anything because I don't want to nag or seem judgmental or anything. But yeah anyway, I get how friends can make on planned-ness complicated.

southernbelle: Thanks!!!

I still haven't got my workout on properly. I am just cold a lot of the time so if I'm not out and about I'm like curled up on the couch (not good)! I'm committed to going to a Chinese buffet on Saturday night (at aforementioned guy friend's instigation), I'm trying to eat strictly saving towards that, but I'm not that worried, I'm sure I'll find some not too unhealthy stuff to eat and it shouldn't be a problem since I no longer feel the need to eat my money's worth.

takingcontrol
04-01-2011, 11:21 AM
TOM is here :( Feeling poo, hope I"m not getting a cold, don't want to be sick for my last week here!

Weighed in today, the same as I was on Sunday, not sure I'll manage a loss this week, first time since I begun my journey seriously in Jan. :( Oh well, I've got to be realistic about things, and the next month is going to be a slow part of the road. As long as I stay OP as much as possible, and only stray for treats/occasions that are worth it, and keep up with the exercise, I'll get there. Just hope I don't let down the team in the process!

Still a little time left for a whoosh this week though, fingrs crossed!

No exercise today, feeling wayyyy to meh. Have managed to do a load of sorting out ready for the big move though. Hope I'll be organised soon!

Have a good weekend everyone :)

toastedsmoke
04-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Takingcontrol: Sorry you're feeling meh! Maybe the lack of loss could be due to a crappy TOM water-retention experience... Hopefully you get your whoosh though! Moving countries sucks with getting organized and packing up your life for a few years, but somehow thankfully it always gets done by the time it needs to be done. Enjoy your last week!!!

Today was kind of meh! I did some more shopping, managed to stay on plan food wise, still didn't formally exercise but spent hours pounding the pavement looking for deals so hopefully that helps a bit though I'm not really counting it. I need to figure out the exercise thing though- I haven't sweated or panted in over a week (who knew I'd one day whine about that?!!) I hope in spite of the silence, everyone is doing ok. Changing seasons are always chaotic so here's wishing everyone good weigh loss, on-plan, anti-stress karma and an awesome weekend!

lostangel05
04-01-2011, 11:35 PM
toastedsmoke, last week was like that for me...no formal exercise. Worked out Wednesday and Thursday....did I really long walk pulling my kids in their wagon today. Having issues with my calories though. I usually keep to 1550 but this week, it's been mostly 1600-1650 instead. Taking my cna test in the morning! Eek! I wasn't too nervous until now.

takingcontrol
04-02-2011, 07:32 AM
After a lot of soul searching, I've decided I need to put life first, and remember this is a marathon not a race, and a plan/lifestyle I want to stick to forever.

So yes, I'm disappointed that over the next few weeks my weight loss is bound to stall somewhat as I live life. But, I've gotta use this time to learn how to do things in a controlled way and not make the choices be over indulgence or abstinence and nothing in between for the rest of my life.

Tonight, I'm going out, tomorrow I'm going, next Thursday I'm going out, next Saturday I'm eating out. This is life and the things that come with moving homes. Saying goodbye and all the rest of it.

I hope I don't let the team down too much, but I know I am in this for the long haul, and there'll be other challenges at times when I'm more settled and can really give it my all for the duration.

Have a good weekend all, and let's see a high weigh in turn out on Sunday, whatever the results may be!

SnowWolf
04-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Hello everyone, sorry for the missing w-ins. I didn't want to throw our team of balance with the weight gain. But I'm finially back down around the last weigh-in weight. 139.8 today. So I will be weighing in from now on, but may not be to chatty and just focusing on everything. :) I'm going to be focusing on a 2 pounds loss every week.

lostangel05
04-03-2011, 12:45 AM
194.2 this morning. I saw a 192 right before lunch. Took my cna test...passed the written. Will have to retake the skills part. Almost no one there passed it. Sigh. Looking forward to relaxing tomorrow after all that.

takingcontrol
04-03-2011, 01:17 AM
Snowwolf Good to see you back!

Lostangel Whoop to the numbers, you're doing great! What is a CNA test?

Well i went out last night, and drank beer, but I didn't go over the top, so was pretty pleased with myself. After weighing in on the 1st and seeing no loss, I didn't expect to see one this week, but I guess I must be well dehydrated this morning 'cos I just saw 183, but, whatever I'll take it! (hope it's from TOM water retention moving off, not just being dehydrated, guess I'll see later in the week!)

Good luck to everyone weighing in today :D

SnowWolf
04-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Thanks Takingcontrol! :) Good to be back. I felt bad for gaining weight about six pounds, I thought I was so strong, then my emotions went all over the place and my tom was late which made me want to eat food. But I'm glad it happend so it can never happen again. I hope to be 4 pounds down for the final! I'm happy to be back guys. :cool: Let's rock his joint.

bbg200
04-03-2011, 05:52 PM
sorry ive missed weigh in this week, had a really bad day... had my daughter rushed into hospital after she had a fall an knocked some teeth out and bitting all the inside of her mouth!.. shes ok now fast asleep in bed :) x

takingcontrol
04-04-2011, 07:20 AM
bbg200 So sorry to hear about your daughter's accident, and hope she's doing OK today xxx You don't have to worry about apologising for missing the weigh in, just hope your little girl is better soon xxx

snowwolf great attitude to take re your gain. Everything 'bad/stupid' that we do is always something we can learn a lesson from, so, good for you :)

Think I'm just going to have to let life take a forefront to my diet/exercise this week. I'm not planning on going crazy, but, I've got so much to do to get ready for moving both at home and at work I'm not sure how much time I can make for exercise. And, I've got more meals and things planned throughout the week, so my diet isn't going to be great either, but I'll do my best :)

Have a good week everyone. Anyone got anything nice planned?

girlonfire
04-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Hey team! I'm really sorry, but a lot of sh*t happened in my life these past few weeks and I definitely lost focus on my weight/weight-loss and turned to overeating in order to cope with everything. It's waning down a bit and I'm clearing my head and rededicating myself to overcoming problems the healthy way. I'm just going to withdraw myself from this challenge for now so I can focus on not emotionally eating, but I hope to join the next one. Go team daisy! :)

bbg200
04-04-2011, 06:17 PM
takingcontrol thank you, she is doing much better today. still alittle sore when eating and drinking but well enough to go to school :) xxxx

hope everyone is doing well, sorry im not around much but work is very demanding at the moment! bring on wednesday!! (day off!) xx

SnowWolf
04-05-2011, 11:23 AM
sorry ive missed weigh in this week, had a really bad day... had my daughter rushed into hospital after she had a fall an knocked some teeth out and bitting all the inside of her mouth!.. shes ok now fast asleep in bed :) x

oh my godness! I'm so sorry! Poor baby girl. :hug: I hope she recoveres well and isn't in much pain. <3 edit: bbg200 sorry somehow I missed your post above me. @_@ Glad to see she is better. :)

takingcontrol- Thank you taking control. ^_^ And just do your best this week!

Well this week is week 2 for birthdays. Last Saturday was my old buddy's, now I have another one to go to saturday! That means resisting the cake and crap again. It's surprisingly easy. And today I'm 138! That's down 2 pounds from wi! Which is really wierd since I ate more food yesturday (good food), so even feeling that heavy feeling. What!? Is this the mysterious whoosh after a period I've allows heard about? I don't look any different *grabs thighs*...grr, but hey I'll take 138 today! =D *crosses fingers* :O I hope I can get under 138 for this wi. That would be like witnessing magic for me. I've been around 154-160 most of my teen years...I couldn't faithom the feeling.

I want to do really good this week. Maybe be number 1. muha.:devil:

SnowWolf
04-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Hey team! I'm really sorry, but a lot of sh*t happened in my life these past few weeks and I definitely lost focus on my weight/weight-loss and turned to overeating in order to cope with everything. It's waning down a bit and I'm clearing my head and rededicating myself to overcoming problems the healthy way. I'm just going to withdraw myself from this challenge for now so I can focus on not emotionally eating, but I hope to join the next one. Go team daisy! :)

I'm so sorry girly. The exact same thing happend to me, I even though of quiting to regroup. It took me two weeks to get back on track and loss what I had gained. I'm a stressful eater. I hope you'll reconcider, either way you can do it! Just keep going, you'll acheive your goals. :hug:

toastedsmoke
04-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Hey team! How's everyone doing today?

bbg200: Sorry about your daughter's accident. Thank goodness she's feeling better! And poor you, you must have been sooo stressed through this period! :hug:

Takingcontrol: I'm glad you're deciding to have fun/make great memories your final week in Thailand! It would be miserable to have to stay home and keep it really strict just to be a certain weight by the time you get to the UK. Well done with the moderation/restraint on your night out though. Enjoy this week!

Lostangel05: Congrats on passing the written portion of your test!!! :carrot:

SnowWolf:Congrats on stopping the downwardnspiral in time. Don't beat yourself up too much about the 6lbs though! At least it was only 6, you could have continued in the downward spiral till you were wayyy worse off than when you started! I think your attitude is awesome!!!

Chloekinsicle: sorry about the emotional eating difficulties you've been going through. It happens! And it sucks! What helps me is limiting unplanned contact with food (taking it one planned-in advance- meal at a time), drinking lots of water/diet coke (if your belly is full of water or guilt-free carbonated beverages, you feel uncomfortably fuller faster), and avoiding being alone (somehow for me it's harder to stuff my face when I'm in front of people). Some people say intermittent fasting as a diet plan helps with emotional eating by reducing the window of time in which you're allowed to eat (therefore forcing you to deal with your emotions in non-food centric ways.Anyway figuring out what works for you in dealing with this is the most important thing now. So good job at least realizing what's going on and taking action! You're in my thoughts! Good Luck!

Things have been going ok with me. A few more calories than I'd like. A bit more out of control eating than I think necessary but it's been in the 1300-1500 range so it's not the end of the world. Today is my friend's birthday and we're going to a traditional Brazilian barbecue restaurant (all you can eat meat apparently). I meant to have a very tiny brunch but I didn't, we went out to a local cafe and had a full English breakfast instead (go me!). I wish i could say i was repulsed by the unhealthy fare but honestly, I wasn't. It was delicious, in a "this is a treat, not everyday" way. I DID try to avoid the bread and greasier elements (the latter being somewhat impossible) but I'm sure I'm probably at about 600 already. I've decided not to count today but just enter into my journal that I'm consuming 3000calories today. Yeah, I said it 3000!! It's probably not going to be that much but since I'm not counting seeing that figure skewing my weekly average calorie consumption will probably make me eat stricter the rest of the week and dare I say it, perhaps finally exercise?!

I wish you all the best day, awesome weighloss karma, and super on-planned-ness!

SnowWolf
04-07-2011, 01:04 AM
toastedsmoke-thank you :hug: and kick booty while exercising!

Well, I just got done doing an origional sonnett for my english class and thought it would be cute to post it, very off topic I know, but maybe a little entertaining for you guys? lol Welp, here it is.

Piller the Un-Plump Catter

Chitter chatter flapping at my every side,
quite! My mind burdens with unfinished growth;
and I can’t focus on a single stride.
But I must now finish my youthful oath.
I’m below the sunflowers’ gliding glow.
Not the same species-why? I have no clue.
I’m the green orchid bud, humble and slow.
I do not have that happy yellow hue.
I’m the unlucky ugly duckling (hatched)
wrongly following a bee to a hive;
living a life with potential unmatched.
Can my weak spirit keep my dream alive?
You have one option Piller, strive to fly.
Or live a Catter life: no nectar, goodbye.

southernbelle102
04-07-2011, 01:36 AM
Hey everyone! My weight loss has still been stalled out :( Oh well, hoping for a loss this weekend! ps. I posted a full body before and after recently and here is a closeup. :)

KimL1214
04-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Hey ladies! I've been MIA for too long and I am soooo sorry. And of course, I'm coming with some bad news as far as the challenge goes. Good news for me, but not so hot for the challenge... I'm leaving for Hawaii next week. Originally I was supposed to go the following week, but my family surprised me with tickets that let me stay in Hawaii with my best friend an extra week. Unfortunately this means that I won't have enough time to throw together stats each week after this week... anyone up for finishing out the last couple weeks for me? I know it's a pain, but I know a lot of you are holding strong through the challenge and really use it to help keep you in check. Please let me know ASAP if you are willing to take over the end of the challenge! Also. I'm looking for someone to either take over future challenges or split the load with me in future challenges. Please let me know if you're interested! Thank you!

southernbelle102
04-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Hey ladies! I weighed in at 235 today... finally seeing another loss :) Kim, have a blast on your trip!!! I wish I could help out with the challenge but this is my busy season at work. As a photographer, spring is the busiest time of the year for me. Hope someone is able to step up and help out. I LOVE these challenges! Thanks so much for all the time that you have put into them!! Enjoy Hawaii!!!!!

SnowWolf
04-09-2011, 01:26 PM
southernbelle102-wow, southernbelle! You have come so fare, congraduations on your success! Your very beautiful before and after. <3 And cngrats on finially seeing a loss. Winning. hehe

KimL1214- Kim have loads of fun in the most awesome place ever. And I'm sorry I would take over for you, but I am focusing on school-if I had myself in check with that I would take over for you, so I'm sorry. Prorities and all. Also thanks also for all the hard effort. :hug: <3

I'm down another pound today, 137. Just like I thought I'm so focsed on 'ok...let me reach my next goal (135)' that I forget what an amazing accomplishment I've aqured. My brain can't soak 137 in. I still look at my body and think, looks the same-oh, look how much fat there is still there. But oh, well...I just have to work harder! *determined look*. What is really bazar is that my thighs had less fat in them at a heavier weight. Have any of you guys had that happen? Were you lost weight then gained weighted back, then lost it again to loss it in a different area? Aka for me it was my torso vs my thighs. But I shall get there with time and patience.

Anyway, blah blah blah, hope you chicks are having a cherry day! Keep working hard team!:carrot: ( *wisperes* let's beat the other team this week...:devil:)

:dust::lifter::running::exercise:

lostangel05
04-09-2011, 04:28 PM
takingcontrol: CNA test is the certification test for me to become a certified nursing assistant.

192.4 this morning..woo!

SnowWolf
04-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Hey Guys. :) Hope all is well. I've been searching for a graduation dress...I care more about that then going to prom. I just don't see the point of it, what would it do for me. But so, I found a dress from modclouth that I really like, yet out of stock, darn. It inspires and is exciting to picture looking cute and slender in it hopfully in the future. Ah...*dreaming* I really hope it is in stock by then *crosses fingers* becuase I think I want it! A one time in my life thing: Graduation! (*cough* although I need to buckle down a little more..stupid senioridius.) The dress is not super dressy though...you know, not very formal, but I do love it.

lostangel05
04-10-2011, 10:14 PM
That dress is really cute!

kariatari
04-11-2011, 12:54 AM
Hey guys! I haven't been able to get on because the hard drive on my personal laptop is just got fried and I'm always hesitant to use my work laptop for "fun" stuff! However, since I've missed two weigh-ins, I bit the bullet!

Looks like many of you guys are doing great! Keep it up and lets hope for a good finish next week! :)

SnowWolf
04-11-2011, 09:17 PM
That dress is really cute!

:O! *squee* :hug: you've made me happy!

I'm not the most girliest girl in the world, but when I was looking for dresses randomly online...the weirdest sinsation came over me...and I liked it. Haha *in deep voice*"Come to the darkside, Tiana...we've got cute shoes."

kariatari-whoop! You too! :) HEARS TO A GOOD FINISH!!!

lostangel05
04-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Haha! Come to the dark side...we've got cute shoes! That cracked me up. I'm not super girly either. I pretty much never wear makeup and jeans are preferred.

southernbelle102
04-15-2011, 01:23 AM
Hey everyone! How is this week going? I am sticking on plan and feeling really god. I just got my hair cut and decided that I wanted an entirely new look so I went much darker with my color. I love it!! What do you think?

Chantelle
04-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Hey everyone! I just wanted to stop in and apologize, we had some stuff hit the fan IRL with family and finances and mortgages gone bad and ugh, it was just too much too fast and I didn't stick to my plan and pretty much fell off the wagon for a couple of weeks... then I was all ashamed of myself for failing and didn't want to come back for a while :( So, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to go MIA without any word but I figured it's better to slip a little than all the way, so I look forward to joining you on the next challenge. Good luck to all of you on this one!! :)

takingcontrol
04-26-2011, 04:06 AM
I'm also sorry for going AWOL. Everything has been a bit mad here, and now, 6lb heavier, I'm crawling back on the wagon!

Southernbelle Wow, you're looking great, well done!

Chantelle I also can't wait for the next challenge to start, and hope to get through it without any hiccups! I hope everything is sorting itself out IRL for you, take it easy :)