Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6''

Thumbs up Been working out for a month now...

I've been working out for a month now. The scale isn't in too big of a hurry to move (that's okay...work outs are just now getting to a challenging intensity) but I am noticing RESULTS. I started with 30 minute sessions and have now up'd it to hour long workouts. I do 15 minutes on the elliptical, then do 25 mins of an aerobic super circuit my gym has set up which is weight resistance machines and bikes. You spend 45 seconds on each with 15 seconds to rotate. You go weights, bike, weights, bike and so on. I finish out the hour either on the treadmill or elliptical. I have also added pilates to the mix this week.

Anyway...When I started on the weight resistance machines I could only lift about 30 lbs max. I'm already up to 50 lbs!! It's so cool seeing my body change and get stronger. It was my goal heading into this to get stronger, aside from losing weight. And I'm really doing it!!
lucyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/175/No idea

Height: 6'3

Awesome!

I started with 30 minutes like you, splitting up the time between situps/crunches, weights, and rounding it out with the exercise bike. Now I regularly do 30 minutes on the bike alone.

I'm just waiting to see those results on my dang body instead of just the intensity/duration of the workout!

Keep it up,

- L89
Lurker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #3  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Great job! Isn't it amazing how quickly our bodies increase resistance? I started working out a month ago as well. I love the elliptical but was only able to go 30 minutes at a resistance level 1. Today, I went 60 minutes switching easily from level 5 to level 10 as I'm doing high intensity interval training now. And I can definitely see the weight increase when I do strength training. I am sure I'll need to get me a personal trainer as I'm worried I'm not pushing my body hard enough now!

I just wanted to stop in and say congrats on your excellent work at the gym. And although it's easier said than done, don't worry about that scale. If you are ever in doubt just take out an old pair of jeans or something and try them on. You'll be surprised!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #4  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Congrats ladies! Always nice to hear a positive thread. I think sometimes we can be hard on ourselves (which isn't always a bad thing), and we can lose the fact of how far we have come, eh?

I was just thinking this a few days ago that five months ago I restarted back at the gym after being away for quite awhile. I remember thinking how frustrated I was that I could barely do ten situps, and I certainly couldn't run for more than five minutes. Now, I feel much stronger. I am touching my toes with situps and running 30 minutes straight. Our bodies are so resilient and can change form with the help of weights and cardio.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote