Old 02-26-2011, 12:25 PM   #1  
mgruce

Default hard time getting motivated

I think I am hitting my mid life crisis at 45... it seems me life is going every way. My aerobics class started one month ago and I still havent joined. All week I said I am joining today. I am 45 pounds over weight and it just never seems to stay off. I lost 10 pounds and poof, stress and it comes back. My job is stressful, I feel like my family doesnt need me, think my hubby is seeing someone on the side. I have no proof, I checked emails and his phone, I think it stems from low self esteem that I have. If I talk to him, he says its all in my head. I think it is. he is always home and I know where he is. But is effecting everything. I dont know how to shake this and get back on track. I am doing this for me but I cant get over the feeling I will fail again. It doesnt help there is no support at home and my best friend is a size 6/8 and says I never want to be that size again. Ok I am that size. She starved herself to lose the weight I wont. Sorry this is a rant., I think I just needed to get my feelings out there to someone who would listen. thanks
Old 02-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #2  
mgruce

I joined aerobics. If I dont lose the weight at least I will be healthier. Thats how I am going to look at it. I will be my own support as I am doing this for me. I dont need anyone to tell me I look good, I will tell myself.

My favorite saying is dont wait for someone to bring you flowers plant your own garden.

Well I am planting!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:17 PM   #3  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

hi mgruce! Well done for joining aerobics - sounds like a good start to your healthier life.

I'd think about trying to find a project or a target for yourself (not necesserily weight loss or anything) or a dog!!!! just something to immerse yourself in for yourself so that you're not worrying so much about your family and your husband. But you're already doing that - you're Planting!!

Good luck and well done. I'm sure you'll get lots of support on this forum.

Tell us how the first aerobics class goes....
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Wow...you certainly have a lot on your "mental plate" that you are dealing with....it is hard to lose weight when you have so much diversion and are probably turning to food for comfort. I know all too well about that, I've had a hard life....

BUT there is part of you that really wants this..if you didn't then you wouldn't be on this forum and you wo uldn't have joined a fitness program...So take some baby steps and start going to work out..and then make some changes in your diet...not extreme because you may be overwhelmed.

You can do this!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #5  

YAY on joining aerobics! I lose weight sooooo slowly (like 6 pounds a year if I'm lucky Thank you PCOS!) that I look at my physical activity as a way to tone up and feel good. I sleep so well and am able to deal with the stress at my very stressful job so much easier! I can tell when I'm not active enough because I get the blues and the blahs.

Hang in there and just work on YOU. The rest will come.
cassieroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

Wow, you have a lot going on. Yeah on starting aerobics. This will hopefully help reduce some of your stress and your stress could certainly being causing the weight from coming off. I know that I am never able to lose weight when I am stressed out. I wish much success.
lyv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 212/Ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi mgruce! I was just about to start a thread about my lack of motivation...when I saw yours! Congratulations on joining aerobics! I would love to hear about how its going!

I'm new to this forum and am just looking for advice on how to get started. Its not easy starting an exercise regimen at 40+, especially when you work full time and have a household full of people to "take care of" at home! Finding the time seems hard enough, but finding the motivation...??
wabrouq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Height: 5'6"

Hello Mgruce,

Question: Do you like Aerobics??? If yes remind yourself that aerobics is for you and you alone... sort of like that long bubble bath!!

If you do not try some different classes zumba, boot camp, hiking, running, dancing, and keep trying your bound to find something you love and perhaps you find some fabulous new friends that need your support as much as you need theirs.

Us chicks are here support you .... every step of the way
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote