Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-25-2011, 03:33 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Binge Free Weekend Challenge!

So it's Friday - who cares right, no different than Thursday

Anyway, I'm here to proclaim a binge free weekend! It would be my first in, oh I don't know, probably 2 months. I've managed to knock Friday's off and get down to mostly just Saturday's, but this weekend I want control! I always start the day with the best intentions, but we all know the story.

So tonight one of my girlfriends is coming over and I'm planning on trying a new "clean" recipe from my favorite Tosca Reno book. She is bringing wine and my plan today does allow for a glass or two. Like I said, I've gotten control of Friday's and with the particular friend I always do a really good job of faking the appearance that maintenance is easy as pie. She's just starting her journey and I'm trying to inspire I guess.

Tomorrow, I've got a typical Saturaday planned and hope just to stick to it, that always seems to be the problem.

Sunday, usually my allowed "treat day", we actually don't really have any plans and will likely order out for pizza.

I don't have any special tips or tricks in mind for keeping the binging in check this weekend other than keeping busy and really wanting to just once weigh in on Monday without the guilt and water weight. So anyways, just trying to commit! Let's eat to live this weekend - no live to eat!!!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Good luck!
I hope to hear of your success on Monday.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:52 AM   #3  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Would it be ok for me to join your challenge?!
I managed to get through last weekend binge free after several really bad ones, made it to Thursday and ended up binging then for no reason!
I had a really stressful day yesterday with doctors and hospital appointments and was so desparate to binge I cried most of the day, but I stayed POP by doing as SAEF does and talking myself through the day and telling myself I'd just feel worse than ever if I binged on top of everything else.
So I really want to keep it going through the weekend. My weight this morning is only 1lb above my lowest and I really don't want to blow that as the last few weigh ins have been gains and I've worked hard this week (apart from Thur) to start to get it back down again.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #4  
Closet health nut!

Yes please join!

I did ok yesterday. I wasn't perfect, but I mearly overate I didn't binge. So that's a start.

Today I'm doing really good, and I don't really have any urges which is comforting.

Something that I did different today is instead of planning my entire day out in advance, I'm eating what I want when I want, within reason of course, and tracking as I go letting the calories do their thing. This really helping me to feel less restricted. I think this might be a good new strategy for my weekends.

I'm also planning on starting to track my binges. Hopefully having to stop and weight and measure will make me think twice
Old 02-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #5  
Closet health nut!

Today's almost over, dessert is in the oven and holding strong! I got the urge to shove some of my sons organic animal cookies in my face while I'm waiting for my dessert and I stopped and said, ok but you'll have to measure and log those and decided it wasn't worth it! Certainly I can wait 10 more mins for official dessert. Then I just have to make it about an hour and DH will be home and I'll be golden. I get distracted once he's home and typical don't binge when he's around. If I can do that this will be the first Saturday without binging in I can't even remember when...I'm kinda excited about that and hope it will helpe to sail through the evening.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:17 AM   #6  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Well done on getting through the day so far, that's a brilliant achievement.
I managed to get through Saturday as well, and the reward on the scale was actually a new low this morning, only by .2lbs, but it means that the damage from the binges of the last few weeks has finally been repaired which is such a good feeling. This weight is actually 4lbs under my goal but it just feels right, if that makes any sense lol, so I'm wondering if this is actually my sweet spot. Although I am aware that it would be all too easy to try to go lower and see if that is an even better sweet spot. Seeing that new low this morning has given me the old buzz I loved so much, but I just have to keep telling myself losing more weight isn't going to help the loose sagging skin that remains, or get me into a smaller size clothing...
I really think what you suggested last week I think it was about eating more calories (or just eating a little more for me) during the week has helped to stop me feeling so restricted and so has lessened the urge to binge on a weekend a little. It has felt odd eating more during the week and I've had moments where I've panicked and thought "oh no, I'm going to gain weight doing this", but seems to have reduced the constant thinking about food and my next meal etc just a little.
I don't plan out my eating for each day, although I generally know what my three meals are going to be, but I ate a little more at lunch yesterday than normal so didn't snack as much in the evening as I might have.
I think I just need to accept that binging is ALWAYS going to be an issue for me, after all, I've binged since my teens, why should I suddenly be able to eradicate it forever just because I've got to goal weight? Getting to goal hasn't resolved all the issues that make me binge in the first place, but being at goal weight sure has made my life so much better and I'm determined that no matter what it takes I'm never going back. So if I have to spend the rest of my life taking it one day at a time like this then so be it. The binges and aftermath are painful, but as long as I can keep getting back on track and keep the weight steady then I'll take it.
And now it's Sunday morning, and a whole new day with food challenges to face....
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #7  
Closet health nut!

It sounds like you're making great progress!

Yesterday was amazing! I made it! I'm hoping the slight adjustments to my weekend plan made the difference, but I know I'm not out of the woods and binging will be a life long battle, but one that's so worth it!

I just can't get over how different and painless yesterday was. I really need to exam it and pinpoint what made the difference.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #8  
Closet health nut!

It sounds like you're making great progress!

Yesterday was amazing! I made it! I'm hoping the slight adjustments to my weekend plan made the difference, but I know I'm not out of the woods and binging will be a life long battle, but one that's so worth it!

I just can't get over how different and painless yesterday was. I really need to exam it and pinpoint what made the difference.