30-Somethings - VALENTINES DAY GOAL #3

View Full Version : VALENTINES DAY GOAL #3

Rabbit
01-31-2001, 01:41 AM
OK, a couple more weeks until the big day! Hope everyone is doing well on their goals.

jhawk - Thanks for the support! :) Maintain is always better than a gain. 2 pounds in 2 weeks - you can definitely do it! Good luck.

Lauren - congrats on your loss!!

2 more days until my weigh in.

Rabbit

jhawk
01-31-2001, 08:56 PM
Hello all :D

Well, exactly two weeks left til V-day. I am feeling pretty good about my goal. I have been everywhere but down the last few weeks, so it has GOT TO head in the right direction on Friday, doesn't it? ;)

It has been a good week so far. I've been totally OP. I have been tallying the # of times I exercise by marking a big red X on my calendar (DH's X is blue :) ) and in January I have exercised 21 times! I was really happy with that.

Tonight my challenge is dinner out at a new restraurant with the in-laws. The menu is really yummy looking though and I've selected a curried veggie dish that looks like a pretty good (hopefully OP) choice.

LBH - congrats on the loss! Rabbit - hang in there! Where is everyone else?

Have a good day!
Jhawk :cool:

Rabbit
02-01-2001, 03:43 AM
Jhawk - Yeah OP!! Yeah exercise!! Good luck at your dinner out tonight - that's always tough.

I have weigh in tomorrow night and hope that I have lost last weeks' gain.

Good luck all!

Rabbit http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//spinning.gif

TechAlum
02-01-2001, 08:41 PM
Hello All http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif

Well even though I didn't have an OP weekend. I still lost 2.6 lbs at WI on Tuesday :D. I think the increased activity helps, as well as being OP the other 5 days of the week.

Here's to day three of being OP this week.

LBH - Congrats on the loss.

Jhawk - Wow 21 days exercise in Jan. Keep up the good work.

Rabbit - Good luck at WI tonight.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Valentine's Day Goal Status:
Start: 244.2
Goal: 239.2
Current: 240.8
3.4 down 1.6 to go in 2 weeks that's doable. :)

- Tech http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//dizzy.gif

jhawk
02-01-2001, 09:04 PM
Hi all! :D

Rabbit - good luck at weigh-in. Sending good vibes...

Tech - YAY! 2.6 is awesome. :cool: Good for you!

Well, dinner out was good. I think the curried veggie dish was a very good choice. Unfortunately, prior to dinner, my body was overtaken by the chocolate demon...it was not pretty. Overall, I was over by 6 for the day and I had banked points to cover, so hopefully no damage done. I had kinda lost track of time and didn't realize it was "time" for the demon to reappear, so now I'm even more nervous for weigh-in, 'cause of water retainage, etc. Ugh...

Keep up the good work gang! Here's hoping your successes rub off on me soon! Take care...

jhawk
02-02-2001, 08:19 PM
Happy Friday, Everyone! :D

Where is everyone?!?

I am down -1.5 lbs. today!! Very exciting!! :D :D

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

V-day Goal Progress Report:

V-day Goal: -6.5
So Far: -6.0
To Go: -.5

LBH
02-02-2001, 09:15 PM
Jhawk- Congrats on the loss!!

Tech- I think you will definitely reach you goal!

Rabbit
02-03-2001, 02:56 AM
Hi guys. I had weigh in last night and I lost 2 pounds!! Woohoo! Last week I gained, so I lost that gain and more. I'm so happy! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//spinning.gif

Tech - Hooray for 2.6 pound loss!! 1.6 is definitely doable!!

jhawk - Hooray for 1.5 pound loss!! Only .5 to go - woohoo!!

Progress report

Valentines goal - lose 3 pounds
Loss so far - 6.5 pounds
Time to go - 1 week**

**Next Thursday is my last weigh in before Valentines day. But I know some of you probably have 2 weigh ins left. So on the 15th, we can start on new post of St. Pat's Day goals and we'll have 4 weeks for that.

Have a good one all! Rabbit

Whoops, almost forgot to post my goals for the week.

goal 1. stay within point range everyday (man, that one is tough!)
goal 2. get 14 exercise points this week.

[This message has been edited by Rabbit (edited 02-02-2001).]

TechAlum
02-03-2001, 03:04 AM
TGIF

JHawk - Congrats on the 1.5 #s. Keep it up you'll make your goal no sweat ;).

Rabbit - 2 #s :eek: Your past double your goal, I am impressed!!!!

Have a great OP weekend all.

-Tech http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//dizzy.gif

freesha
02-03-2001, 11:04 PM
Hi everyone! Just thought I'd stop by and say hi! Congrats to everyone for their losses and your disapline! You guys are doing great with your diet and exercise!
Well I'm doing good. I'm finally ready to start trying to lose weight again. I'm not ready to start following weight watchers yet so I'm doing Slim fast to start out because I was pigging out so bad I couldn't control my portions. Now that I've done this for a couple days I feel like I'm about ready to start folling W.W. soon.
Best of luck on your Valentines day goal!
Take care and keep up the good work!
freesha

Rabbit
02-04-2001, 06:34 AM
Hi guys.

Tech - Thanks for the support! I set my goal low because I had not been losing at a pound a week rate so I thought I'd go for half a pound. Glad to see I could more.

Freesha - Welcome! Good luck with your goals and with doing WW! We will be doing a ST. Pat's Day goal after this one if you want to join us.

Sonya - Where are you? Check in if you can! We miss you.

Rabbit

Rabbit
02-05-2001, 01:47 AM
Checking in. So far, so good. I have stayed within my points both days so far and I have exercise points in for everyday also. Have a great Sunday!

Rabbit

jhawk
02-06-2001, 09:50 PM
Hello Fellow Goalsetters... :D

Sure is quiet around here...Hope everyone is having a good week. I had a good weekend...got in lots of exercise and ate pretty well. Sunday night, DH and I could not bring ourselves to cook, though, so we kinda overdid it at the neighborhood mexican restaurant. Oh well, movin' on...

Is already the week from h*ll at work...spent 4 hours here on Sunday and 14 hours here yesterday. It can only get better, right?

The good news...I put on a pair of pants that fit nicely when I bought them, then got kinda snug over the holidays and they are starting to fit nicely again! Woo Hoo!

Just a little over a week left on the goal. My last weigh in will be Friday. Good luck all!

Rabbit
02-07-2001, 02:50 AM
jhawk - good luck at your last weigh in on Friday!!

Rabbit

LBH
02-07-2001, 09:04 PM
Just a minute to check in...down 1 pound this week!

Lauren
248.5/243/V-Day:240/170
5.5 down...3 to go!

Rabbit
02-08-2001, 06:29 AM
LBH - Congrats on your loss!! When is your last weigh in before Valentines Day?

Hope everyone is doing great. I've stepped up the exercise this week. Weigh in is tomorrow night.

Rabbit

jhawk
02-08-2001, 08:42 PM
Hi All... :D

LBH - Yay!!! on the loss. You are doing really well!

Rabbit - Way to go on the increased exercise. Good luck at weigh in tonight. I bet the extra exercise will really pay off!

I tried a new machine at the gym this a.m. - the stairmill. Oh My! I only did it for 10 minutes (circuit day), but I honestly don't believe I have ever sweated (not perspiration either, it was SWEAT!) in 10 minutes. I will definitely use this occasionally when I really want to push myself.

Happy Thursday!
jhawk :cool:

[This message has been edited by jhawk (edited 02-08-2001).]

LBH
02-08-2001, 10:39 PM
Rabbit- My last WI is Monday, the 12th...provided I remember to step on the scale!! Sometimes Tuesday, if I forget Monday! I don't think that I will make my goal, but I've come close, and that's a big accomplishment for me! Good luck at WI tonight!!

JHawk- A stairmill huh? I do enough stairs throughout my day, my knee doesn't need to be doing anymore!! ;)

Rabbit
02-09-2001, 01:30 AM
jhawk - Stairs are so good for your heart, so I'm sure the stairmill is too.

Lauren - I was trying to figure out when everyone would be done with their last weigh in so we'd know for sure when to start our St. Pat's day goal. You've been doing great.

I think we should have a "brag session" to end this thread before we start our next goal and we all get a chance to brag on our losses and celebrate our progress. Gotta celebrate those victories. :D

Will check in with my weigh in results tonight or tomorrow. I'm expecting a loss.

Rabbit http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//spinning.gif

curlydub
02-09-2001, 02:54 AM
Hi I am in New Zealand and I have just found your site. I would love to join you in your St Pats weigh loss goal. I have only been here 7 months, I am Irish, so I have to adjust my weight from stones to kilo (that should take me a while) talk to you soon. Karen :)

TechAlum
02-09-2001, 08:32 PM
TGIF!!!

Well WI went poorly on Tuesday (I'm on that everyother week thing). I think it was too much salty food on Mon and Tues I was feeling really bloated when I went in. I'll have to watch that. I'm feeling better now.

LBH - Congrats on the pound. :) I don't think I'm going to make my goal either.

Rabbit - Exercise points every day :eek:. That must be why you surpassed your goal. My last WI is 2/13.

Jhawk - Hope your week got better. Good luck at WI today.

Have a great weekend everyone. :D

-Tech http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//dizzy.gif

jhawk
02-09-2001, 09:11 PM
Happy Friday Gang! :D

Tech - Sorry to hear weigh in was tough...I've struggled with the "every other week" phenom alot in my WL career. The important thing is to stay after it and you are doing that and with a great attitude. Hang in there.

Rabbit - How was weigh-in? I'm sure you were awesome, after all that exercise.

LBH - Good luck weighing in on Monday!

Curlydub - Welcome!

I am happy (ecstatic, actually) to report a 1.5 lb. loss this week! :D :D I have had a good week, but not a great one, so it was something of a surprise, as 1.5 is a BIG loss for me. That puts me over my goal by a pound! Yay! I am ready for the St. Pat's challenge now!

V-day Goal: -6.5
Actual: - 7.5 :cool:
Goal Attained!!!

Have a great Friday (and weekend, in case I don't make it back here today)

Rabbit
02-10-2001, 05:34 AM
OK, you are not going to believe this. I was SO bummed. I had lost atleast 2 pounds (maybe 3) according to my scales so I was real excited to go to weigh in and then I got there and there was a gas leak so we were cancelled. I was so bummed I didn't get to weigh! It is not official to me until I go to weigh in. So I know I will keep it off (I'd better!) for next week, but still really missed being able to have that feeling of accomplishment this week.

Curly - Welcome! Good luck with your weight loss goals (and with doing that converting!!). We'll start that St. Pat's day goal posting next week. I guess on the 14th would be good since our last weigh in person is on the 13th. :)

Tech - I did that part of the challenge fine. I have not accomplished the other one where I am within points EVERY day. I've been there on the every other week thing. It can be a hard thing to break.

jhawk - Hooray Hooray for your loss and for attaining and beating your goal!! :D

My challenges to myself this week -
1. Same one - stay within points every day.
2. do weights 3 times.

Progress Report
Goal set - Lose 3 pounds
Loss - 6.5 pounds
**Hooray goal met.

Rabbit

TechAlum
02-14-2001, 08:01 PM
Happy Valentine's Day http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif

Went to WW yesterday and Surprise Surprise, I lost 3.8 which gives me a total of 10 lbs lost which was my goal :D :D :D. I really was supprised. Now on to the next goal. :)

Status update:
Start: 244.2
Goal: 239.2
Current: 239.2
Yea met the weight goal!!!!

Other Goals:
1 - Drink 48 oz of water every day. Didn't do to bad, I probably get it in 5 of 7 days a week.

2 - journal my food no matter what I eat. Not so good on this one, I'll need to work on it again next month.

Well Hope everyone else is having a great day. :D

- Tech http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//dizzy.gif

jhawk
02-14-2001, 10:24 PM
Happy Valentines Day, Fellow Goalsetters! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif

Rabbit, I am sorry you didn't get to weigh in, but it is probably best given the gas leak. This week, I'm sure you'll have a great loss...and that will be a great way to start out the St. Pat's Day countdown, right? You've done awesome on your V-day goal.

Tech - YAY! on the great loss! :D And Congrats on meeting your goal. I am with you on the journaling, I do really well during the week, but not so hot on weekends.

I've been pondering my St. Pat's Day goal. I want to take measurements and compare them also, in addition to a weight loss goal.

Still exercising regularly. DH and I even went to the gym after work on Friday, which is practically unheard of for us...but we figured, we had no plans that night and we were better off exercising than setting on the couch staring at the tube. I was so proud of us.

Well, back to work. Have a great http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif day.

Rabbit
02-14-2001, 10:29 PM
Hello Valentines day goalsetters!! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif And Happy Valentines Day!!

Congratulations to us all for setting goals and working towards them! Progress is progress.

Tech - Hooray for your loss and for meeting your goal.

Jhawk - Hooray for going to the gym with dh. I hope I do have a good weigh in, but we will see. Good luck in figuring that St. Pat's day goal.

I'm going to start a St. Pat's Day goal post now.

Rabbit http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif