General Diet Plans and Questions - How to make a simple smoothie?

View Full Version : How to make a simple smoothie?

lucky8
02-24-2011, 01:01 PM
I dont have any special gadgets and i just buy run of the mill fruit nothing fancy. I do have a hand held bleander though.

I wanted to knwo how to make a smoothie? just basic as i dont want to be going out buying expensive ingredients etc.

Anyone have any?

ALEKS
02-24-2011, 01:30 PM
milk and blueberries...protein powder if you have it and a dash of cinnamon

add any fruit with milk and a dash of cinnamon and 1/4 cup protein powder. Add ice to them too.

flippychick
02-24-2011, 01:36 PM
I've been adding a quarter packet of sugar-free instant vanilla pudding. I hate the chemicals but it adds flavor and thickens them up.

Porthardygurl
02-24-2011, 02:07 PM
smoothie= plain or flavoured yogurt, fruit, little milk and orange juice

I usually do 1 cup of plain yogurt and add in 1 cup and a half of frozen blueberries or other fruit i then add about 1/2 cup of milk and add orange juice to sweeten it naturally.

AshleyRae
02-24-2011, 02:30 PM
I use a package of frozen berries (any kind, esp. mixed), about 2 c. milk, and 4 packets of Splenda. Delish!!!

amandie
02-24-2011, 02:43 PM
My smoothie- frozen fruit, yogurt, heaping cup of spinach, whatever juice I have on hand. I usually don't add milk because I figure there's good protein/dairy source from the yogurt and I use frozen fruit since it eliminates the need for ice and makes it thick as well. I've done shredded baby carrots with my smoothie a few times, not bad.

kaebaka
02-24-2011, 03:05 PM
A friend makes delicious smoothies by blending chocolate milk, frozen bananas, and protein powder (optional). So tasty!

indiblue
02-25-2011, 01:55 AM
You've gotten some great suggestions! I use a blender, and do yogurt + banana + strawberry. You could also use whatever is in season- peaches, blueberries, etc.

I also sometimes put a spoonful of honey and/or a spoonful of brain/wheat germ in it. Smoothies are a good way to "sneak" some of those healthy add-ons in without disrupting the flavor too much.

A handful of spinach, well-blended, is also a great addition. It adds a ton of nutrients and very few calories. It doesn't disrupt the taste very much, but it definitely gives a bright-green color to your drink!

lucky8
02-25-2011, 04:49 AM
THANKS everyone so many loverly suggestions , im going to have a go at these smoothies.

And you never know may come up with a new one , ill keep you posted :)

Jacki73
02-26-2011, 08:24 AM
Simple smoothie is frozen fruit (you can buy fresh and prepare it for the freezer), 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup juice. Ice doesn't give it a good texture, so you are better off using frozen fruit. If you want a protein smoothie, just add a scoop of protein. I drink protein smoothies every day! :)