30-Somethings - /rant

View Full Version : /rant

DigitalSinner
02-24-2011, 11:58 AM
My co-worker supposedly makes a famous strawberry pie. The rest of the offices speaks longingly of it at least twice a week. Today he brought in two of them and I took a small spoonful just to see what the hype was about.

OH...MY...GOD...food orgasm!

I have to resist this for the rest of the week? I hope my willpower can withstand.

Shannon in ATL
02-24-2011, 12:51 PM
DH's XW is a fantastic baker, makes a pound cake that is to die for. Periodically sends over cakes, cookies, etc with DSS. I feel you on the willpower. :)

Good luck!

Ladybird1990
02-24-2011, 01:18 PM
DigitalSinner, any chance he will share the recipe? I host my home ec club in June and this would be great--and i don't even like strawberries--so even better ;)

amandie
02-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Strawberry pie? Yum! You can do it!! Sending you some :dust:

Thought: Make your own healthy strawberry pie??

PlumBlossom
02-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Your strawberry pie is my Girl Scout Cookies! For goodness sakes, do they put drugs in these things????

Jelma
02-24-2011, 03:44 PM
I know what you mean - my co-worker makes this eclair cake that is to die for. She always tries to tell me how easy it is and give me the recipe but no thanks! Stay strong :)

DigitalSinner
02-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Ladybird, I'll see if I can get the recipe.

I would LOVE to make my own healthy strawberry pie...but unfortunately right now, on the diet that I'm on, I'm SO limited to what I can ingest it's not even funny. I mean it...it's not funny...not even a little bit! :p

5 1/2 weeks to go...I can do it. Maybe then I'll find that strawberry pie that's not so bad for me!

And mandie, thanks for the willpower dust...that made me LOL!