Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-24-2011, 07:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

Default AM binge

I woke up exhausted today, went on a pretty intense 3 hour walk yesterday afternoon, then had a really interrupted nights sleep from various things.

I had intended to eat very healthy and clean today since I've had been messing up a lot of my diet lately, but instead, before it was even 11am I've eaten the following:

2 waffles with yoghurt -300cals
2 rolls - 370 cals
about 30g of cheese -100 cals
7 squares of choc - 270 calories

I'm really annoyed at myself, I'm going to get back on track now, just disappointed that if I get through the rest of the day under about 1400 calories, most of those calories will have been from junk.

I suppose I'll have to do some proper exercise to counter all the sugar and carbs... I'm not really sure why this happened since I've always binged late evening really, I probably should have woken up and made a protein shake or something to pick my energy up.

Hopefully this can be an end to my recent binging and overeating.
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Hey Serendipity - I've done that before too. Woke up feeling anxious/exhausted and just started eating. I got into the habit of eating 2-3 bowls of cereal a morning. Started having quiet journal/reading time FIRST thing with my coffee before eating and it puts me in a calm state.

Since it's just happened once it's not a habit so just shake it off and know that you can make good choices the rest of the day. Maybe get another long walk in?
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Don't try to exercise away your food, that doesn't work any more than purging it another way.

Instead, look at what you ate yesterday - did you give your body enough fuel to get through the day and the long walk? Was there something with more protein in it you could have had for breakfast instead of waffles and rolls? Maybe eggs, or chicken or something?

When I'm ravenous for carbs it usually means I haven't been giving my body the fuel it needs for what I'm asking it to do.

Don't punish your body further by over exercising. Be nice to it and give it what it really needs.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

I did definitely under eat yesterday, I find it very easy to not eat much if I exercise a lot, tends to suppress my appetite.

I will just go for a smaller walk as exercise today.

I do sometimes struggle with knowing what to have for breakfast, I can't get into eggs and not very fond of cereals. I guess I need to get back into planning more of my meals, especially breakfast/lunch.
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #5  

I've been there before. I find it helps to see it as a reminder of the decisions I want to make in the future. Seeing it in that light often spurs me forward all the more.
DanteRomero is offline   Reply With Quote