General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Height: 5'7

Default Impact of a new healthy lifestyle on kids

So, this isn't scientific at all, or anything like that, just what I have personally observed with my kids.

I have noticed that since I started going to the gym, my girls (5 years and 7 years) have been MUCH more involved in playing Wii Fit than they were before. I mean, they used to play it, but a lot less often, and for a lot shorter period of time than they do now.

The kids are off school this week for February break, and my van is in being fixed after a took out 1/2 my front bumper with a coyote (by accident of course), so it's a no gym week for me. But I have been using my Wii Fit to get some work outs in. Sometimes the girls do the exercises right along with me, beside me, so we're working out together. I am very pleased with this.

What, if any, positive changes have you seen in your kids due to a new and improved lifestyle?
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

My kids fight over the vegetables at dinner. If there is only enough left for one serving, I have to carefully split it in two so they have "fair" amounts of broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, etc.

My 13 year old daughter is jealous that I get to go to the gym, and she doesn't, but she does ask to take walks and play ball outside a LOT more than she used to, when I had to "force" her to come along.

My baby is 2, and who knows with a 2 year old, she's probably just doing it because it's fun, but she's a lot more active at this age than her older sister was.

I'm hoping the positive changes rub off on both of them, and erase some of the negative things that dd1 grew up with before I started drinking the Kool-Aid!
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:45 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I don't have kids but I want to say that's great! My brother recently moved in with me and hubby and has commented how he's lost weight since living with us cuz he's eating a lot more healthy and much more veggies
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:14 PM   #4  
We'll go with that!

S/C/G: 262/230/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
I don't have kids but I want to say that's great! My brother recently moved in with me and hubby and has commented how he's lost weight since living with us cuz he's eating a lot more healthy and much more veggies
Eh, kids... brother... it's all the same

My monster definitely has been more interested in exercise. And often she tries to do it with me... but shes 4, and... not very good at it. So she gets frustrated, gives up... and then starts running in circles around me.

... Until she accidentally got hit in the head with a weighted ball. Now she winces, crouches, runs, winces, crouches runs.

(Mind you.. i'm yelling the whole time for her to move so I don't hit her.)

LR
LightRaven is offline   Reply With Quote