Alternachicks - Holiday Weight Goals

View Full Version : Holiday Weight Goals

mauvaisroux
12-09-2002, 09:37 AM
My Holiday goal is to mainting my weight over Christmas and to finally make it to 155lbs :)

Lidian
12-09-2002, 09:51 AM
Thanks for starting this thread Mauvais! I would like to lose 5 lbs by New Year's Day but a more realistic expectation is - to lose 2 lbs at the most and maintain at the very least.

Let's all help and encourage each other! This could be the best holiday season ever for eating carefully and exercising!

Lidian

OI812
12-09-2002, 10:29 AM
My holiday goal is to be watchful of what goes in my mouth. To enjoy all the great foods that come of the season but in moderation.
And to not stuff myself xmas day so bad that I'm lying around the rest of the day in agony because I'm over full, have gas and literaly can't move! LOL

soozie
12-09-2002, 10:36 AM
Hi Girls,
I'm at 178 now.
I'd like to lose three pounds and be 175 by the first of the new year.
I know that Thanksgiving was not good for me because I let myself use the holiday as an excuse to eat junk.

So, I want to be reasonable and of course I'll eat some different things but, I'm going to hold myself accountable even during Christmas Eve and the seven fishes at DP's parent's house and even on Christmas day with the delicious
pasta and turkey and all of my mil's homemade cookies!
Let's do it!

Current Weight 178lbs
Mini Goal for 1-1-03 175lbs
(say goodbye permanently to 3 more pounds!)
Goals for this week - get to the gym at least 3 times,
get to sleep earlier, drink more water.

Long Term Goal 135lbs

choci
12-09-2002, 03:20 PM
Hey there chicas!

My first weight loss goal has been to reach 285 by Christmas... and I only have a few pounds to go. I'll have lost 25 pounds total -- very exciting!

Outside that, I guess I can project my other holiday goal to be: to weigh in anywhere between 280-285 at the new year. I think that is reasonable. :)

I made it through Thansgiving with flying colors, and hope to say the same about Christmas. It might be a *little* more difficult, but I'll find a way to keep on track... I guess more what I have been doing when facing a challenge: buckling down, giving myself time to get even a little exercise in, have lots of veggies available, and drink lots of water and tea! :)

And, keep in mind my favorite quote: Never trade what you want at the moment for what you want the most!

Good luck to everyone! We can do it!

~ Amy

tamibeep
12-09-2002, 04:41 PM
Hi chicks!

I'm new around here... hope nobody minds if I poke into the conversation. My goal is seven pounds by New Years, and to get my patookis into the gym at least three times a week between now and then.

Also, to not eat anything bigger than my head at Christmas dinner.

ellis
12-09-2002, 05:47 PM
Hi Tamibeep... yes, come and join us!
I like that... nothing bigger than my head... :lol:

Ruthxxx
12-09-2002, 05:51 PM
Hmmmm ... I'm glad I have a big head!
Hi there Tamibeep. Welcome.
Great place to hang around and we might even lose some weight.

mauvaisroux
12-09-2002, 10:59 PM
Welcome Tamibeep :wave:

ellis
12-10-2002, 07:20 AM
And Choci.... you're doing GREAT!!! Keep it up! :dance:

Lidian
12-10-2002, 10:29 AM
Hi Tami, and welcome! I love what you said - I often wish for a chocolate chip cookie "as big as my head"! But I'll join you on that resolution!

;)

Lidian

mauvaisroux
12-12-2002, 06:21 PM
Yay! :cb: it is December 12th and I have not eaten any Christmas crap yet...er I mean Christmas goodies...only 12 more days to go!:dance:

tamibeep
12-12-2002, 06:43 PM
Way to go, mauvais!!! I salute your willpower. You go, girl!

Lidian
12-12-2002, 08:53 PM
I resolve not to eat any "Christmas crap" (I love that!!) while visitng the dear relatives.

I'll talk to all you cool chicks on Wednesday & I'll be thinking of you! You take care of yourselves now, you hear?

Love, Lidian

ellis
12-12-2002, 10:02 PM
Have fun, Lidian! :wave:

VelvetCyberpunk
12-13-2002, 12:50 AM
My goal is to be down to 261 by the end of the holidays, but I will be happy just maintaining my weight. Lets just hold on tight ladies only a few more weeks, then we can get back to normal! :D

ellis
12-13-2002, 07:38 AM
Hmmmm... I thought I had a goal. Anyhow, my goal is to maintain my weight through the holidays. And then by mid-January, I want to start dropping again.

Wanttolosealot
12-13-2002, 07:49 AM
Ellis & Velvet
That sounds like a very reasonable holiday goal to me. I will join you on maintaining over the holidays. I have not gained any back yet, down to 235 from 270 but I know the holidays are going to be tough so I am not expecting much over the next month in weight loss, only to maintain.

choci
12-13-2002, 09:19 PM
Hi again everyone, I've been MIA on this thread... sorry about that. Just wanted to wish you all continued success through the holidays... we can achieve our goals!

I'm just about to my first goal, BTW... I've got a weigh-in with the 4-week challenge tomorrow, so I will let you know how it went! :) *crosses fingers*

~ Amy

VelvetCyberpunk
12-14-2002, 12:44 AM
YAY Amy!!!:cp: :bravo: I am so happy for you! There is no better feeling than reaching a goal. You give me inspiration, and hope!

Wanttolosealot
12-14-2002, 06:22 AM
You go girl! That is fantastic. It does feel so good to acheive a small goal, makes the big picture more bearable.:dancer: I was standing at the deli counter the other day, when a guy who I have not seen in a few months came up to me, and kind of quietly said to me, "Are you losing weight?" When I told him how much, he said wow, good for you , I can certainly tell you have. It is a great feeling, and inspires me when I am feeling a little burnt out.
So kuddos to you girl! Keep up the great work! :balloons: :bravo:
Virginia

rochemist
12-14-2002, 10:32 PM
To get through the holidays sane and weighing 200-204 lbs. not 205, not 210, and certainly not 215.

CW: 202
SW:231
GW:118

Miss Chris:cool:

choci
12-15-2002, 04:19 PM
OK, I am pleased to say that I am going to have to revise my holiday goals! I got on the scale this morning to be surprised by another loss -- I am now down to 284, one pound under my first goal. I've now set my next goal to be 260, hopefully by the first week of February!

And I'd now like to be 280 for Christmas, and get under (even if by a pound!) by the new year.

Thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement. I really appreciate it! You gals are just so awesome... I love this place.

Ruthxxx
12-15-2002, 04:22 PM
:bravo: Choci! 26 pounds gone forever! Good going!

choci
12-15-2002, 04:26 PM
Thanks so much Ruth! :)

VelvetCyberpunk
12-15-2002, 05:57 PM
Yay Choci!!!!:bravo: :cp: Whoo-hoo! I'm so happy for you! You ladies are really keeping me motivated! I got on the scale today and it said 274lbs! Yay! So only 4 more punds til my 270lb. first goal!

Wanttolosealot
12-15-2002, 06:46 PM
Way to go girls! You are doing great. I wish I could say the same for myself this week. I have been sooooooo stressed this week, two great friends having work troubles and have been trying to help them through it and neglecting myself terribly. I have been eating everything I can get my hands on, and have not been to the gym in FOUR days. I can not believe that!
I am also seriously considering changing jobs after Christmas myself. I have been at the same job for four years now and in those four years my pay rate has only gone up fifty cents and that is only because the minimum wage has gone up. I only work 22 hours/week at the best of times, usually only 18 or 19 hours. Trying to make car payment, insurance, visa, and all the rest of it. Not working very well. I have been offered a job with a few more hours but much better pay, and will eventually work into more. Where I am now I have no room to advance. It is hard to leave though because I am working for a very good friend, and I am afraid I will hurt her, but I am making myself into a nervous, stressed out wreck, and I can not help anyone else, when I can not help myself. I need to be there for my friends as they are always there for me.
It is so great having you guys to be able to talk things over with, love your input and appreciate just how much you all care. I have not been my normal bubbly self for a couple months now and that needs to change.
Virginia

dentrassi
12-15-2002, 07:02 PM
That sounds like a tough decision Wanttolose, but you have to look out for YOURSELF. Your friend should be able to understand that even if she is sorry to see you go.

Choci-GOOD FOR YOU!!!

mauvaisroux
12-16-2002, 11:51 AM
Way to go Chickies! :cp:

I ams till working my way down to 155lbs. At least I am still maintaining my current weight so far.

Sojourner
12-16-2002, 12:53 PM
Ok... I am going to weigh 185 (or less) by January 1st. That is three pounds in fifteen days... I can do it! :D

mauvaisroux
12-18-2002, 12:31 PM
I will be happy if I still way 156 by January 1st :lol: