General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/280/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Any writers here?

Are there any other writers here?

Writing is one of my biggest passions, I've been writing stories for as long as I can remember. It's a dream of mine to see something of mine on bookstore shelf someday. I'm currently working on finishing the first draft of my first real novel, which was my 2009 NaNoWriMo story - I'm just slow at actually finishing it. :P I write fanfic as well.
vintagemuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I used to write a lot, now not so much. I would love to get back into it though. The problem I have is writing something long.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #3  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Me! *waves* I have a couple of stories on my Tumblr, but most of my work is still short essay & fiction. I wish I had the energy for more creative writing, but at the moment all of that is being channeled into a 100-page thesis due in two weeks (kill me now).

Procrastinating that thesis has been really useful for churning out some interesting story ideas, though. So hopefully I'll have tons to work on once I'm done with & recovered from this beast.

What are you ladies working on?
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I start great novels, but I've had a hard time getting past the middle. Hubby is a very good critic, so to hopefully provide a little extra incentive, we've set biweekly fridays as "review sessions." Having specific "homework" is helping me get more written.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #5  
We'll go with that!

S/C/G: 262/230/175

Height: 5'7"

Poems and Songs. But I haven't really written since my daughter was born. Too busy with her.. not enough angst in my life anymore

LR
LightRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/280/135

Yay, I love meeting other writers.

I'm currently working on both my novel (set in the 1950s; it's about a couple who's relationship begins to crumble/the husband becomes abusive after a miscarriage) and couple fanfic pieces.
vintagemuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:57 PM   #7  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Only non-fiction so far, but it's supplementing my income nicely (oh, who am I kidding...it IS my income right now ). Non-fiction markets are so much easier to break into than fiction markets that I've kind of put anything beyond magazine articles and online game-review gigs and such on the back burner.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/137

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagemuse View Post
Are there any other writers here?

Writing is one of my biggest passions, I've been writing stories for as long as I can remember. It's a dream of mine to see something of mine on bookstore shelf someday. I'm currently working on finishing the first draft of my first real novel, which was my 2009 NaNoWriMo story - I'm just slow at actually finishing it. :P I write fanfic as well.
This is me as well. I'm currently working on the 1st draft of my 2010 NaNoWriMo novel.
Silverdrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/145

I'm a freelance writer for work, which I love but it's nothing like writing a novel.
bensempress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5'1"

I used to write short fiction and fan fiction, even got one of my stories published at a local magazine. Right now, though, my writing is limited to non-fiction stuff. I'd love to be able to write a novel one day. The thing is, I'd have ideas, write a couple of chapters, but never get around to finishing them. Ah, procrastination.
marianne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #11  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I am what they call a "closet writer"..Not many know..i was 300 pages into writing a novel when i was 16 and i threw it out because im my biggest critic and didnt think it was good enough..however..at the age of 25 now.. i am still in the midst of writing a childrens story..which i hope to publish some day soon..i would love my daughter to be able to read it..and know that her mommy wrote it!..sappy but true.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #12  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Why yes! But I will never be published because I never finish editing. My current WIP has been re-written no less than 12 times and has been three full years in the making. Of course, most of my work time is during the Summer, but still.

I tend to write young adult type novels usually involving the super natural meeting real life. That's where I get the most creative anyway. If I keep it too real my creativity goes out the door.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 203.5/173.0/140

Height: 5'3"

I love to write! I'm currently writing assorted poems, articles, songs and chapters of random novels in my spare time. I plan on participating in NaNoWriMo this coming year, but until then I'm just trying to write a little bit every day. I've been published in a few online magazines, but not really anything major.
Our Lady Bonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #14  
banned

I love writing. I post some stories and chapters on Storywrite.com. I've been a member of that site since I was fifteen. It's free, and you get tons of feedback (some GOOD, some... eh) I am twenty-four now. (I am not affiliated with the site in any way).

I mostly write dark fantasy, but I have a hard time ever finishing a novel, and I have an even bigger problem of sticking to just one novel at a time. I have so many drafts, notes, unfinished excerpts, chapters, and what not on my hard-drive. I have a hard time writing consistently, and will take weeks of not writing at all, and then have days were I barely stop.

I have had this wonderful epic fantasy story in my head since middle school, but have only ever been able to record notes for it. It sat dormant in my head for many years, and then ideas began snowballing. I've pretty much got the entire story in notes now, but I just can't write it. I don't know why.

I've had two short stories published (non-profit) in anthologies.

I also used to chat off-and-on with a certain young-adult author through IM (he doesn't get online anymore- ), and at first, he gave me a harsh critique on my writing, but then I took the time (and critiques of fellow writers) to drop some of the purple-prose and redundancy my writing had, and then had to practically beg him to look at another story again. But, he was actually surprised, and told me that I had improved a lot. That meant a lot.

Last edited by 3FCer344892; 02-27-2011 at 10:56 PM.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote