Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/135/130

Default Question about Zumba for the wii

I have a feeling I am going to sound dumb with this question, but..

I just got zumba for the wii. It came with the zumba belt that you put the wii remote in. So, my question is if you have this, do you just use the remote in the belt? because when I put it in the belt it didn't seem to track my moves as well as it did with the remote in my hand. I am just a little confused on how it works and there are no directions for the belt.
Ashley829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 168/159.6/139

Height: 5'6"

I didn't even know they made zumba for the wii! Sorry I can't help with the belt question, but it sounds fun. And I noticed your stats are basically the same as mine. I'm 160 now, but like to be around 130 (which I was until I got preg with my third child). Congrats on the weight loss. Hopefully I will be there with you soon
NicoleInCt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Because Zumba is alot of hip/waist movement is probably why they have you put it in the belt to track that movement- I am looking for it but our local Wal-mart does not have it in yet. I do Zumba twice a week at the fitness club and it is a great workout and fun
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I have the Zumba for Wii and was really excited to use it...until I used it!

I have the same problem with the remote not tracking that well in the belt. Even if I Zumba with the remote in my hand I have issues with tracking. I've pretty much given up on it, but when I was using it, I just ignored the fact I wasn't "in sync" with the game and just danced.

Honestly, my biggest pet peeve with the Zumba for Wii is that the waist belt keeps riding up while I'm dancing, so I'm constantly pulling it down to my hips in an attempt to capture the movement better.

I recently bought an Xbox 360 with the Kinect. I plan on buying the Zumba game for that system soon. So far my experience with the Kinect has been AWESOME so I think Zumba will work better with the Xbox system.
trying2doitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #5  

Hi I have the Zumba for the Wii and I use the belt and it tracks everything. Make sure the belt is low on the hips and really tight as it will loosen and ride up as you workout if it's not tight.
The only thing I don't like about it is it's hard to follow the instruction segments so I just went right to doing the workout and hope to get better with time (knowing what I'm supposed to do) but it's a great workout if you just keep moving.
I had a friend come over and do it with me and she just work the leg strap from the ea active for the remote and that worked perfectly with the Zumba game it tracked all her movements.
Bigmid is offline   Reply With Quote