South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Default Here is a little beach humour for you..true story.

So i used to work at Mcdonalds of all places (yes, this did contribute to my weight gain) and i used to work the 11pm to 7am drive thru shift...It would usually be quiet and quite often we just did cleaning duties until somebody would come through and we would help them..Well you can always expect a crowd at 2am in the morning cause the bar scene is just getting out..so in pulls this beautiful red sports cars with these two guys who you could tell were fresh from the bar..and this guy..he should be known as MR. SOUTH BEACH.. cause he says to me " I would like a hamburger" and i said " will that be all" and he says "No.. i want 14 patties too" and i said "14 patties on the bun???" and he says "no, i will take the patties without the bun" I was absoloutly shocked and i had to ask him if he was joking and he said "Nope, no joke.. i want 14 patties with no bun" and so the only thing left i had to ask him was "did you want it in a bag???"

I guess he was going low carb too??? No bun! just 14 patties!

and yes ...okay okay.. i know..we arent low carb..were right carb living and we eat lean meats..and by lean.. i mean.. no mcdonalds patties..But hey.. i thought it was funny..of course i was 16 back then..but then again.. i still find it funny..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #2  
Succes <3

S/C/G: 209/192.4/143

Height: 5'5''

It made me laugh and maybe he was on atkins
Bonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Too funny!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Am I missing an inside joke or something? I don't see what's so funny.
fozentusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

LOL That's hysterical. Too bad we can't really get away with doing that huh??
Mum2Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozentusic View Post
Am I missing an inside joke or something? I don't see what's so funny.
LOL...well, I don't think 14 patties is a recommended serving on ANY diet...and I doubt a McDonalds hamburger is on the top of the list of ones to eat on any diet plan, either.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

When I did Atkins I used to freak my coworkers out buy buying 4-6 McD's hamburgers, stripping them of buns and condiments, and eating them like a stack of pancakes - mmmmmm

Of course, they were also freaked out by the 1/2 pound of bacon I ate every morning for breakfast
AmyKitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:02 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKitKat View Post
When I did Atkins I used to freak my coworkers out buy buying 4-6 McD's hamburgers, stripping them of buns and condiments, and eating them like a stack of pancakes - mmmmmm

Of course, they were also freaked out by the 1/2 pound of bacon I ate every morning for breakfast
Disturbing. That's what Atkins is like?! So happy to be living on The Beach.
shelflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8

To stick up for Atkins, the book doesn't actually say eat as much fat as you can and no vegetables. In fact, it is basically the same as South Beach Phase 1 - just South Beach is stricter about the kind of fat you can eat (maybe slightly too strict about limits on avocados etc) and less strict about the type of vegetables you can eat. Both books say you should base your meals around vegetables.

When I did it, I was loving having cream in my coffee, though. Yum!
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:53 PM   #11  
Porthardygurl

I,myself had been on Atkins as perscribed by a diet, prior to going on South Beach..and i think there is a huge misconception about the amount of fat you can have on Atkins..from what i hear...your fat intake should moderate to low..not high..i dont think it gives anyone the "go ahead" to eat a pound of bacon or as much fat as they want...Its still about calories in vs out..your simply replacing the type of calories..for instance: if your cutting down carbs that are bad..then your reducing calories..and if your on say..south beach..you are reducing fat calories by choosing lean meats and proteins..and same with certain carbs..its still all about reduction of types of calories..
Old 02-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

That is funny AND disturbing. My old roommate was on Atkins and after the bar she used to use peperoni as "chips" and dip them in cheesy artichoke dip!
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:42 PM   #13  
Porthardygurl

well i wonder if the peperoni was better than the chips she would have eaten with her dip??? in terms of fat and oils and calorie?
Old 02-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #14  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
well i wonder if the peperoni was better than the chips she would have eaten with her dip??? in terms of fat and oils and calorie?
Okay . . . I get what you are saying but I, me, personally, would be better off eating pepperoni in dip rather than chips. Why? Because I would likely eat one or two pepperonis. Chips? I wouldn't be able to stop! So, I kinda understand the 14 patty thing. Not that eating all that Mickey D meat-product would be in any universe healthy . . .
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:39 PM   #15  
Porthardygurl

Yah... i to would eat the peperoni in dip..and im guessing it might be better than chips anyway..cause i would eat an enitre bag of chips vs. eating peperoni.. i know i can only eat a few slices of peperoni..before i get full.. Hard to overeat on protein!