General Diet Plans and Questions - Trigger Foods, What Are Yours?

View Full Version : Trigger Foods, What Are Yours?

Kaspara
02-22-2011, 07:58 AM
Cereal for me, especially Honey Bunches of Oats and Cinnamon Toast Crunch, can't have em in the house!

NicoleInCt
02-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Cookies!!!

indiblue
02-22-2011, 08:58 AM
I wish cereal was my trigger food. Mine is Nutella. So much sugar and fat, ugh. I don't even need anything with it- I can just eat it straight. Terrible. Once the cap comes off I'm done for!

astrophe
02-22-2011, 09:02 AM
Sweet Cereals
white or raisin bread
cake
cookies
crackers
cupcakes
Pizza

Those sweet wheats? I just can't have them here. Pizza -- strangely I'm ok with portion control if I make the crust. I like Jay's recipe. (http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/jays-signature-pizza-crust/Detail.aspx)

But if it is delivery, I get wacko even on thin crust. I think those must have more sugar than homemade or something... so rather not have it.

A.

krampus
02-22-2011, 09:18 AM
-Cereal/granola/crackers/cookies/anything in a big box - I need everything single serving size or raw
-Peanut butter
-Chocolate bars

...I'm seeing a pattern here

Bonita
02-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Cheese! I can't have that my house! it's my kryptonite....

cheryl126
02-22-2011, 09:48 AM
You guys have hit most of mine. I think my big 3 are:

cereal (any kind, I could live off of cereal and if it's in the house I tend to eat it all day)
cheese (aged ones and goat cheese are safe, but not something like pepper jack or cheddar- they will be gone in a matter of hours!)
good bread (you know...a nice ciabatta that's crust on the outside and chewy in the middle - I could eat a whole loaf)

aimeebell
02-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Stress is my trigger, not a certain food. This is both a good and bad thing. I mean, you can ban icecream from the house, but you can't banish stress from your life. If I am feeling stressed and not in the right frame of mind with health and fitness, I will eat anything that comes my way, even crap I don't enjoy like twinkies and ho-hos.

MissSMcC
02-22-2011, 10:07 AM
for me its spring rolls (random i know) the supermarket near me has these lovely duck filled ones, me and my daughter love them but i could wolf down about 6 large ones. i want a spring roll now lol :)

Kaspara
02-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Oh I forgot to add cornbread. I'm not even a big bread fan but I just CAN'T stop eating it!

Ah but I feel your pain on the Nutella and Peanut Butter... so delicious but so high in calories :(

Luckily, I really don't like pasta, cheese, and pizza so it makes my diet a lot easier.

Eliana
02-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Pop. Haven't had a sip in 15 months.

Chocolate

chips

Kateryna
02-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Peanut Butter... Organic Peanut Butter...

Just the taste of roasted peanuts and nothing else added to it. I experience pain in my jaw under the sides of my tongue from salivating upon seeing the can.

aspenemry
03-13-2011, 03:57 PM
frosting, chocolate chip cookie dough, and Kit Kats....

33flowers
03-15-2011, 12:13 AM
Wine.....one glass and I want to eat everything in site....

desiresdestiny
03-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Peanut butter, pizza, chocolate chip cookies, cashews, caramel eggs

oodlesofnoodles
03-15-2011, 12:41 AM
Cookies, cake, brownies, truffles, ice cream. :(

therex
03-15-2011, 01:13 AM
microwaved foods, just the convenience for me is my downfall. Just realizing that it only takes 3 minutes to load up on empty delicious calories, and it's enough to send me on a downward spiral.

also chocolate, but the refined sugary stuff only. I can have chocolate peanut butter, or pudding, but I only overdo the refined stuff.

juliana77
03-15-2011, 02:33 AM
Cookies, brownies and candy... anything sweet that needs no preparation and comes in multiples. Ha!

LLBoldAsLove87
03-15-2011, 02:37 AM
DEFINITELY cereal... when I crave it I totally flub the portion size (suuuure that heaping bowl looks like 1.5 cups...")

But Krampus just gave me an idea... I think next time I buy ceareal, I'm going to immediately divide it up into portioned ziploc baggies... I think having to open TWO bags would be enough to stop me from overdoing it (maybe? worth a shot?).

supergir111
03-15-2011, 05:27 AM
Chocolate spreads and peanut butter. Moderation goes out of the window with these

Dusti
03-15-2011, 06:00 AM
Um, mine is corn :o It has been since I was a child... LOVE corn, however, it needs to be in moderation because I can't stop eating it. mmmm

tleef
03-15-2011, 05:36 PM
McDonald's french fries!

Fitness Breakout
03-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Pizza for sure... fortunately it's not something I have on hand all the time. I do indulge on the weekends when I cheat, but it's not really a problem because my diet is fairly strict during the week. Luckily, I don't have much of a sweet tooth and I also don't keep other danger foods such as bread, cereal, cookies, and chips in stock at home.

hope4balance
03-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Definitely chips... salty, greasy, goodness.

JMfan
03-16-2011, 11:06 PM
McDonald's french fries!

OMG you too!

Serval87
03-17-2011, 02:10 AM
Peanut Butter... Organic Peanut Butter...

Just the taste of roasted peanuts and nothing else added to it. I experience pain in my jaw under the sides of my tongue from salivating upon seeing the can.

I just discovered the joys of organic peanut butter. mmmm. I am never going back to regular.

I have a LOT of triggers:

Pizza (ANY type),
Sandwiches,
Cheese (It's not that I'll keep snacking on it, it's more that I'll throw it on anything I'm eating or cooking),
Sweets (pretty much anything chocolate, with cream in it, or soft like cake, brownies, and cookies),
Chex mix (just discovered this one),
Combos (Just discovered this one thanks to hubby),
Chips (especially funions and hot fries),
Sugary cereal,
Ice cream.

Beka30
03-17-2011, 04:00 AM
anything with carmel lol, and darkchocolate followed my somthing salty lol