Weight Loss Support - Went off plan, but it was a celebration supper

OhMyDogs
02-22-2011, 01:18 AM
Yup, I did. We had pizza, from the pizza parlour. I ate several pieces, and I am totally ok with that. I know I will be back on plan tomorrow...my husband and I had some serious celebrating to do tonight, and were both too blown away to make supper.

My father in law's father passed away about a year ago (I didn't know him), and we got a phone call today from my father in law. He has decided that when the estate is settled, sometime within the next 2-3 months, that he is going to pay off our mortgage.

I am 36, my husband is 34, and while our house is just a older mobile on our own land, we only bought it a year ago, and we will be mortgage free in the next 3 months. We are a lower income family, my husband is the only one who works, so this is HUGE HUGE for us. Neither of us can believe it!!! It will change our lives in ways we can only imagine!!

So yeah, we had a celebration supper....but my father in law has made it VERY clear that he's extremely proud of the changes I have made in my life. I quit smoking in September, and am now working towards a healthier lifestyle, so I feel compelled to work harder to prove to him that the money he is going to be saving us in mortgage is going to be well spent, on healthier living. I want to prove to him that he made a good choice!

We are totally over the moon right now.

Porthardygurl
02-22-2011, 01:32 AM
Well i just gotta say that i had a celebration dinner tonite..and i can assure you, you ate less calories and carbs that me..lol.. It was my birthday yesterday and so we decided to celebrate my birthday by having a one nighter eating anything i wanted..so here is what we ate:

The night started with 4 breaded and stuffed jalopeno peppers with cream cheese..

Then i ate probably about 1/2 bag of sun chips(cheddar flavour)

Then i ate 2 slices of pizza(4 cheese) served with ranch dipping sauce

Then i ate 1 small piece of icing covered birthday cake with 4 tbsp of chocolate hazelnut ice cream

Then i ate 3 cups of popcorn(home popped)

Haha..the eating started at 7pm and ended at 10:30 pm..so i would say..your doing good..But hey.. back on to the program we go..Got to stay on track now! No going back!

Emme
02-22-2011, 09:32 AM
What an amazing gift you will be given! That is so exciting and what wonderful news...that will relieve so much stress, I'm sure!!

I play Little Lotto hoping one day it will pay off my mortgage ~:rofl:

sept15lija
02-22-2011, 12:28 PM
That's awesome news about your mortgage!!! Man, I wouldn't mind a phone call like that. :)

MissSMcC
02-22-2011, 01:17 PM
aww thats a great gift from your father in law, more than money its security for the future, knowing your home is completely yours! :)

OhMyDogs
02-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks everyone. Indeed it was a life changing phone call. I started thinking about things that can be done with those monthly savings....a trampoline for the kids (and me...I want one too!!), a personal trainer (I can get 20 visits added to my gym membership for about $15 a month)...

Funny too because literally the night before, on my way home from the gym (we live 35 minutes from the city), I started contemplating getting a late night job at a fast food restaurant to help offset the cost of me driving to the city 3x a week to go to the gym!

Not only that, but there will be enough left over (he's giving us, and my husband's brother each a set amount) that we can install our wood stove. We have been wanting to move to wood heat as opposed to gas, and will take this opportunity to do so. It's very exciting, even though it may not happen for 2 or 3 months yet.

fattymcfatty
02-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Wow, that is awesome that your FIL wants to help you that way!!! I think it is awesome weight-loss motivation for you! Great job on smoking cessation, too.

marianne78
02-23-2011, 12:57 AM
A cause for celebration indeed! Congratulations!