Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-21-2011, 02:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW193/See Ticker/128

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy How to get back on track??

Had my 2 cups of coffee this morning -175 cals., skipped breakfast, lunch-320 cals.

About 30 minutes ago, I felt like I was STARVING, it is only going on 2pm and I knew I couldn't wait until dinner so I had a banana, small apple, about 5 grapes, a small orange, 2 pieces of pineapple and then threw in 1/2 bar of dark chocolate for a total of about 340 cals!!

I've already worked dinner out and have the chicken thawing. And I don't want to trim back too much because I know I am going to be hungry again, today is just one of those days.

Should I attempt to rearrange dinner calories so that I fall within my cal limit or forget it and listen to my body that I was legitimately hungry and go with what is planned even though I will be slightly above my calorie limit for the day?

I know I probably should have eaten breakfast today!
Niecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

You're only up to 735 so it sounds like you are doing fine calorie wise for mid afternoon. XD you still have atleast 465 calories left for dinner so you should come in fine for the day if you eat a chicken breast. not sure why you are stressing? but yes you should have eatin breakfast. :/
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #3  

I guess I'm stressing because I am one of those people who consume most of my calories in the later half of the day, dinner usually falls somewhere between 600-800 calories.

I am doing chicken leg quarters tonight instead of breast (we had that last night with a nice raspberry with glazed pecan salad). Even though it was a big, heaping and filling spinach salad, it was very low cal. and maybe that is why I am starving today?

I also skipped my period for the beginning of Feb and according to the calendar and the way I am usually one week behind my daughter, it should be around that time, so this could be another reason I am hungrier.

Calorie limit for the day is 1450, btw. I just don't see how I am going to make it
Old 02-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #4  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Some days my body seems hungrier than normal, and I just chalk it up to that's my body talking to me and telling me it needs more! I think our bodies talk to us more than we realize. Like when we are exercising and something doesn't feel right, we can adjust what we are doing. And if we are hungrier than normal on one random day, it might be our body talking to us for some reason! When I have days like that I really try hard to stay in my calorie range, but I cycle so I eat anywhere from 1650-1850 calories per day, so I'll go for the higher end of the spectrum.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Eat your normal dinner, and eat breakfast tomorrow. Your snacks were healthy. You aren't off track. Just having a day with some higher calories.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niecy View Post
I guess I'm stressing because I am one of those people who consume most of my calories in the later half of the day, dinner usually falls somewhere between 600-800 calories...

Calorie limit for the day is 1450, btw. I just don't see how I am going to make it
Okay then you have 715 calories left for the day which puts you right smack in the middle of your regular range.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/ maintaining 130-135

Height: 5'4"

I'm just curious, what did you have for lunch? Your snack (while generally healthy) was basically all carbs. I'm totally not a low carber, but I do know having some protein mixed in always makes me feel satisfied longer.
tattoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #8  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

wow..i dont know how you get by..it looks like such a small amount of food for a day???
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #9  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

You have certainly lost more weight than me which tells me you know more about how to do this than I do....haha....but for what it's worth.....

I find that when I go above my calorie limit one day by eating pretty much throughout the day, it jump starts my metabolism. I actually wind up losing more weight that week than on weeks I don't cheat. Go figure! Maybe you'll see the same effect?

I actually make it a point to have one cheat day every 7-10 days. But certainly I don't go overboard with fried foods or carbs. But I'll snack on whole grain chips w/salsa and I love dipping carrots into yogurt. Sounds yucky but it tastes pretty good.

Last edited by ShanIAm; 02-21-2011 at 04:49 PM.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #10  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Going over your cals one day isn't going to undo all the weight you've lost or imped any future loss.

I'm curious, why did you skip breakfast? Caffine and no food is a disasterous combo. Caffine is good appetite suppressent at first, but once it wears off, look out!

Secondly, yes some times of the month you're going to be hungrier than others. You options are to either grin and bear it and depending on how well you handle hunger, be pretty miserable in the process. Option two is to know this is going to happen and allow a few extra 100-200 cals on those days. You're still going to lose the weight, whether or not you do it starving or happy is up to you. Sorry, I know that's harsh, but looking back at my journey I spent a lot of PMS days totally miserable and ready to chew my own arm off. If I'd know that a couple extra cals wasn't going to derail me or stop me from reaching my goal I would have been a happier person.

Last edited by ncuneo; 02-21-2011 at 05:06 PM.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #11  

Tattoodles, lunch was a Sesame Chicken Lean Cuisine...I never really paid attention to carbs, like ever and still don't. And I suppose if I had to guess, I am one of those carb-scavengers who just can't live low carb. Cut calories, cut fat, but I do have to have a moderate amount of protein and definitely the carbs.

Porthardy, it really is a small amount throughout the first of the day, and dinner is always my biggest/heaviest meal. I've tried to fight it before, but there is absolutely no way I can eat only 450 calories for dinner, I would quit this journey before losing one pound.

Today just seems to be one of those days that I couldn't cope with the small amount, I just wanted to eat anything.

Ncuneo, yes you are totally right, it's not going to stop me from going, but it's hard to accept when you are normally a person who eats what is written. I am not a binger (although that was a pretty good bit of fruit on my plate earlier!) and it felt like I had absolutely no control over what I was doing. I just went to the fridge and kept pulling out fruit and peeling and cutting. If that wasn't enough, I ripped into the dark chocolate.

I skipped breakfast this morning because today being a holiday, I slept late and thought I could make it to lunch and be ok. Sometimes I do skip just because I am not a huge breakfast eater and just not hungry, but I guess today wasn't one of those days.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:27 PM   #12  

So I am just totally not caring tonight! Husband and I had a few choice words (my mother in law is ALWAYS the subject) and I just honestly don't care about the rest of tonight. I had my planned dinner, chicken leg quarter with a calorie free honey dijon marinade, 1 cup of baked sweet potato with 1tsp. butter and 1/4 tsp. brown sugar, 1 cup green beans.

Now I am having a cup of coffee, a nightly habit I kicked when I started again in January.

I guess I didn't mess up TOO bad today, and will just have to deal with everything again tomorrow.

I was so p!$$ed at husband, I skipped workout. Probably could have taken a little anger out but again, I just really don't care tonight.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

On those days that you don't feel like breakfast, try a protein shake. I find that if I at least have protein in the morning I don't get the 2 pm starve fest. The one I use is only 110 calories. I do mix it with about 1/2c of 1% milk so it is like having chocolate milk for breakfast. Yum.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote