Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 11:04 PM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Question Breast Reduction Question

One of our SB BOARD members is having breast reduction surgery. I don't think it's a good idea to do this before she loses the weight she wants, but that is just IMHO.

Has anyone had this done and then lost a considerable amount of weight? If so, what effect did it have on your breasts?

THANKS!

Debbie
Old 12-09-2002, 07:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

I've been wondering about this myself. To meet certain requirements the insurance company needs, I can't afford to lose ANY of my breasts yet. If I have the surgery now, however, then lose 80 pounds, what will they look like?? Anyone been there?
Old 12-09-2002, 08:16 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

i wish i had answers for both of you... but all i can say is that after losing nearly 260 pounds, with less than 100 to go, the puppies are staring at my toes and really saggin and baggin!!!

but one thing to consider: some of us, even when thin, are still DD DDD and larger [sorry sherrie!!], and when we get heavier, they grow even more!!! so, if this woman is in this boat, i can understand why she wants to have it done, especially if she's having back and shoulder problems. which is, by the way, the only indication for a breast reduction that an insurance company will pay for.

another question is how much weight she is planning on losing. if it's just 25 pounds, it shouldn't be a problem. if she's as heavy as i was, then this REALLY isn't the time to do it.

most insurance companies will pay for ONE round of this... generally not more.

sorry i couldn't be more help!
Old 12-09-2002, 10:35 AM   #4  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

I've been e-mailing her stuff I found on the web which all say to lose the weight first and she wants to lose a considerable amount of weight. They will further reduce if she does lose while having the surgery first. I'm hoping she'll reconsider, I don't think it's a good idea.

I use to wear a 42DDD (maybe bigger) and now wear a 34D. The "twins" look like flat pancakes facing due South-pathetic! When I lie on my back my chest is flat and my boobs are almost to my back. My daughter wears a bra to bed cause she says she doesn't want her boobs to lay on the bed link mine almost do. Don't you just love teenagers!!!

Debbie
Closed Thread