Simply Filling/Core - weekly chat Feb 21-27

View Full Version : weekly chat Feb 21-27

jojo23
02-21-2011, 01:31 AM
Here they are. It is a filthy Monday morning. Raining and cold. The week can only get better. At least I lost a pound last week.

Tejas
02-21-2011, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the new pages, Jojo, and congrats on the loss.

The scale reads 4 pounds higher than it did on Friday! Told you I had too much cake. No, really, it's because I ate every single meal out and my body seems to really react to salt. That, in itself, isn't good.

I'm off to an extra tap class this morning, back home, then to the gym to see what I can do.

Have a great day everyone.

Rhonda

pam920
02-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Morning. I'm suffering from allergies. I have a sore throat and each evening I get achy and feel like I have a fever. I took some tylenol last night and that seem to help. Our tree pollen is very high right now.

Congrats to the losers this week. I think I may have lost 1-2 lbs this week. Slowly but surely it's coming off.

Maryann, I hope your scope solved your knee problem. It didn't for me, hence I needed the osteotomy. Just try to take it slow and don't overdo it.

We have a beautiful week ahead. High 70's but it always goes into the 80's. I see everyone is getting snow and ice again. I would be homebound for sure.

Have a great week, ladies.

Vickie
02-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I went to Jenny yesterday and gained a pound. I'm not REALLY on plan; just playing at it. I'm really thinking I might go back to WW and eat a combination of Jenny and WW food. If that doesn't motivate me then I don't know what will.

I have another Doctor's appointment today. Sigh. It's heck to get middle aged.

Sandra, I'm sorry the subbing has been so brutal. I'm glad you're not going to keep going to those particular classes. Life is TOO short.

Rhonda, you are so wise. I'm glad you enjoyed the cake and the restaurants. Restaurants have been part of our problem too. That and no sun and the long tough winter. I'm going to go eat Chicken and Dumplings tomorrow at my favorite restaurant. They only make it once a year and it is awesome. AND, I'm not going to feel guilty!

JoJo, it's the same kind of Monday here.

Pam, GREAT job!

Paula, you are doing so well. I'm jealous. I need some motivation. I guess I'll have to dig deep.

Mary Ann and Sloan...HEY to both of you. Doesn't life get SO busy sometimes?

Have a great day Chicks!

beach bum
02-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Hope you all have a Happy Presidents Day,I woke up to some snow and I dare to go out today. Its not much only 2 " but I'm not going to tackle other drivers who think they can go racing on the roads.

Going to work on my basement project and stay throwing things out in storage bins on the next wall. Christmas tree is going out along with ornaments if my DD & DS don't want them.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages,congrats :carrot: on your 1 lb loss.We have snow here going to be on & off today I'm staying home as I don't want to deal with the irresponsible drivers that think they can drive in the snow like they do in dry days.

RHONDA-Sorry :( about your 4 lbs,I know the feeling restaurants always serve big meals an they cook with sodium the biggest threat to a dieter.

PAM-Several woman on another broad told me that their knee pops,even with out scoping so I guess that a part of getting older.

VICKIE-I like busy as when I slow down I think too much,and that's not good.

Going to start my fish fillet dinner and than go downstairs to the basement and start cracking on my new project to get my basement cleaned out.

Have a great day

ontarget
02-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Congratulations to those who have lost this week. I'm not one, but I'm doing all right. Seems like this past week was the week from ****. Pardon the language. Yesterday a very upsetting announcement was made at church. We were told about it before Sunday School as we were leaving before services. Today Curtis and I are upset and feel like we're mourning. We ran into other church members in town today and they're feeling the same. No dry eyes! Hopefully, all will normalize soon.

Sorry to sound some mysterious and down. Can't help it. Curtis was so upset yesterday, we stopped and picked up Ben and Jerry to come home with him. On a good note--I'm still SF. I go to OA tonight and am looking forward to it. As to shooting yesterday, I did all right. Curtis' scores dropped 20 pts. I'm more upset today.

Vickie, enjoy your chicken n dumplings. I'm glad you're giving yourself permission. Once a year? I wouldn't miss it either.

Rhonda, sounds like you're having a busy, fun-filled week. I love reading about what all's happening up your way.

Maryann, my friend and I debated on I Am 4 but decided on "Unknown" instead.

Got to go. Hugs to you all.

Tejas
02-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Sandra, "all right" with you is usually great. I'm sorry to hear that Curtis didn't do as well as he wanted to.And, of course, I'm really sorry to hear that there are troubles you are facing.

I did my upper body workout, core and ab work, and 15 minutes of interval training on the elliptical. I told the trainer I hurt for two days after Friday's workout and he told me that he was in pain himself from his workout yesterday. He empathizes :lol:

I had about 1700 calories today and found it difficult to be satisfied tonight. I didn't have any idea what I wanted to eat.

I hope you're all having a good night.

Rhonda

jojo23
02-22-2011, 02:39 AM

Sandra I'm so sorry you have problems with the church. Thirty years ago, we were a big supporter of our church and never missed a Sunday. One weekday, I took my daughter in to just have 5 minutes quiet contemplation, and give thanks for having had a good day. She was in her pushchair. She loved echoes and started clapping her hands. A man, big church goer, came down the aisle like road runner and told me to 'Get that thing out of here, she shouldn't be in a house of god'. The priest was right behind him and said nothing I pushed the pushchair right in front of him and said 'Suffer little children eh Father' Mark and I have never set foot in a church to worship since then. We practice Christianity every day, not just on a Sunday. I have no problems with genuine Christians, it's the Churchians I can't stand

Rhonda What is life if we can't cheat a bit here and there. A good tap routine and you'll soon shift it

Pam You're doing great

Have a good one everyone

Vickie
02-22-2011, 08:15 AM
Good Morning Chicks! It's snowing here. February in Chicagoland. Today is election day for the mayor in the city. We don't get to vote for that but I have my hopes for who wins. What goes on in Chicago certainly effects the suburbs as well.

I'm exhausted. Brodie woke us up throwing up this morning. Babies.

ontarget
02-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Good morning. Today's our 12th wedding anniversary. We're going out for lunch in a bit. Most of our celebrating will take place at Texas A&M @ College Station this weekend. (We've rented a jacuzzi suite.) ;)

JoJo, what a horrible old man! And your priest didn't stand up to him? That's sad. I hope the priest still remembers that day and feels ashamed. What's happened at our church has to do with the minister. He has some issues to deal with. It's looking like the members are pulling together. We have enjoyed our church family and would hate to lose it. That said, Curtis and I have both had problems with organized religion, too, and have spent many years outside a church building. Honestly, I have never felt closer to God than when I am outside with nature.

Rhonda, are you feeling all right now? Maybe your body was needing more calories to help combat the soreness. I think our bods talk to us sometimes--and sometimes they even rebel.

Vickie, give Brodie a hug for me.

Got to go. It's time for lunch. I'm going to have whatever I want--minus sugar. Today's Day 259 SF. Have a Terrific Tuesday, everyone.

beach bum
02-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had to go out this cold morning to fix my 2010 Income Tax and than I went to walmart to buy a dolly/wagon for my garage and recycling bin. A man down the street has something like take to take his garbage down to the curb,so I got the idea from him.Oh I also sewed two pillow cases together to make a cover for the dolly as I have to keep it outdoors on an uncovered patio.Don't want it to rust.

Otherwise nothing new,going to work on the next section of my basement after dinner.

SANDRA=:cheers:HAPPY 12 ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND CURTIS :cheers:Oh my goodness the shooting was from your church. I heard something like that on the news. I'm so sorry that you had such as a dramatic day.I didn't lose either I gained +.5,but to me that's a maintain.
My friend wanted to see I'm 4.but after i read the trailer to her she said no.My sister told me that unknown was a very exciting action movie and told me to her she would give it a 8.

RHONDA-I can't go up to 1700 calories per day either.So I lowered my range to 1100-1400 again.I start my exercising yesterday biked 10 mins for 2 day and the next 2,20 and finally back to 30 mins. by the end of the week. Than next week I will use my walking tapes.

VICKIE-We had a 1-2 " snow day on Mon but now we have a cold day and I'm planing to stay indoors.

Have a great day,back to cleaning out the basement.

ontarget
02-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Maryann, thank you for the anniversary wishes. The shooting I was talking about was an archery tournament we went to after Sunday School. :lol:

Tejas
02-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Sandra, Happy Anniversary to you and Curtis. I hope it was fun despite the unhappiness you're experiencing at church these days. Don't let take your celebration!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Vickie
02-22-2011, 07:00 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, Sandra and Curtis!!!! Hope you have a wonderful celebration.

ontarget
02-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Thank you, Rhonda and Vickie. We're having a great day--and our spirits are much higher today.;)

pam920
02-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Happy Anniversary Sandra and Curtis. Good to hear you are having fun.

I am still battling these allergies. My car hood is yellow, the pollen is so heavy right now.

jojo, shame on that man. People like him make me so angry. I guess he forgot we are all God's children.

Haven't been on the computer much these last few days. Just enough to check emails, etc. and then I shut down. Throat is not as sever today, so maybe I'll find some relief soon.

hi to the other chickies.

sloanie
02-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Ev'nin' chicks! I'm home sick since Saturday evening. Can't decide if it's a cold or the flu, so I'm not gonna stay long. I might be contagious :D

Happy Anniversary, Sandra. Sorry about your church problems. We've not been since a crisis in our church several months ago. I agree with Jojo. It's churchians that give Christians a bad name. I definitely describe myself as faithful, not religious!

I feel so yukky!!! I'm getting off here before I make you all sick. Love you all!!!! TTFN

Tejas
02-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Jojo, I meant to say something also about the crude and inhumane congregant. His outrageous behavior was matched by the minister's. I spent 10 years out of any church because of racism in my home church on the part of the Board of Directors. I eventually joined the Unitarian Universalists and am happy there.

I have a good treat to share. It's a mock banana pudding. Put 1/2 sliced banana in a bowl. Add fat free whipping cream, a bit of vanilla, and a crumbled granola bar (I used Nature Valley Oats and Honey). Enjoy! :hungry:
My trainer told me about it, and I had it tonight. Delicious.

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly, Sloan....get well!

ontarget
02-22-2011, 11:28 PM
Sloan and Pam, I hope you're both feeling better quickly.

Rhonda, the mock banana pudding sounds delicious.

Tuesday:

:ebike::ebike::ebike:

jojo23
02-23-2011, 03:18 AM
Thanks girls. Although it is over 30 years since it happened, it still hurts. We haven't given up on churches, we are sure there is one out there somewhere, for us!

Belated happy anniversary Sandra. Hope you had a lovely day.

When our TV turned up its toes we bit the bullet and got one of these digi ready ones. We had a heck of a job finding one smaller than a cinema screen. They were all so huge. The switchover to digi, for our area, is in April. Because I am a pensioner (senior) we are entitled to free help setting up another TV so we have bought one for the bedroom. We already have an ariel socket there. The man is coming tomorrow between 12 and 4 pm so that means 7pm doesn't it.
I'm dreading how my mum will cope when the change over comes. She is on her 3rd TV since the dementia. This lady who used to speak Welsh, French and Latin, now sits in front of the telly day in day out and cannot say what she is watching. When she has a cerebral bleed, she fiddles with the back of the TV and also the remote control and eventually, the TV is inoperable.

ontarget
02-23-2011, 02:54 PM
JoJo, I love your redbird in your signature. Thank you for the anniversary wishes. We enjoyed our day and are now getting all ready for our trip this weekend. This morning (as yesterday morning) we did some shooting while wearing what we'll wear each day just to make sure nothing gets caught in a string and stuff like that. I'm wearing khaki shorts and red tops each day to match my red bow and red fletch on my arrows. There'll be a lady from Houston in all purple and another in all blue.(That's what women archers do. :lol:)

That is so sad about your mother's health. I know it breaks your heart to see her this way. Just keep remembering this is the disease and not her.

pam920
02-23-2011, 03:06 PM
hey chickies. I woke up this morning with no voice. It's starting to move into my chest, so I'm wondering if it's my allergies or a cold. I am coughing quite a bit now.

jojo, my MIL has alzheimers and every time my husband talks to her, he has to explain where we are, etc, etc. It's sad. She was always the strong one, taking care of everyone, and now the tables have turned. So far she pretty much knows everyone, although once my husband and my oldest daughter went to see her and she didn't recognize her. She asked my husband if I knew he had a girlfriend. And once she didn't know him and it broke his heart. Everytime he calls her, she asks about me. I told him to be grateful for still having her and his dad. Both my parents have passed.

Sandra, red is a good color. Sounds like a fun time planned.

Rhonda, that dessert sounds pretty darn good. I'll have to try it.

sloan, sorry you are sick also. I thought mine was allergies, but leaning towards it being a cold. Haven't had one in years and years.

Vickie
02-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Hey Chicks! I'm just buzzing through.

Sloan, I'm so sorry you're sick. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

I'm done making applesauce and checking credit reports. Now I must move on to other tasks. BBL.

ontarget
02-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Pam, I hope you get better quickly.

Vickie, you're a busy chickie for sure. Did you get your new carpet installed?

ontarget
02-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Wednesday:

:ebike:

sloanie
02-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Hey chicks, I had a really good night last night, so I went to school today. Big mistake!! I left early and have been on the couch ever since. I'll stay home tomorrow as well.

Pam, hope you feel better soon.

Got to crash! C-ya later

jojo23
02-24-2011, 05:15 AM
Sandra Red was our daughter's favourite colour. EVERYTHING she had was red. Good luck and let me know when you come over for the Olympics, I have every faith you will get there.

After a leprous week when it rained solidly and was as black as Egypt’s night by teatime; today dawned bright, dry, mild and clear. It has made such a difference to how you feel. I have all the windows open and have just finished hoovering and spraying lemon fabreeze everywhere. Mark is out getting our weekly eggs. A friend keeps free range hens and the eggs are unbelievably tasty. Deep yellow yolks and bring a whole new experience to boiled eggs and soldiers.
Have a good one everybody

Vickie
02-24-2011, 01:01 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I finally got some sleep last night and I'm feeling a bit better. Hope you are all well. My eating is not stellar but is improving a bit.

Tejas
02-24-2011, 02:33 PM
:wave:

I love red too!

Off for a nap, then to the gym.

nancy237
02-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Can't remember my last update but we are home..

Duke Hospital called today and I think we will be testing there next week
to prepare for a Cord Blood transplant. We may do one more
normal Chemo round while the Cord Blood Cells are being prepared .

He is very weak and has a bad cough & wheeze. Finding foods that
settle right has been hard with the indigestion, nausea, and taste changes
from the drugs. Cereal, milkshakes & eggs are working..

Sloan..hope you feel better..

thompshm
02-24-2011, 04:14 PM
hi guys my names hannah and this is my first day on the website, also i am tyrying to do weight watchers but its so hard to stick to sometimes! cant wait to get to know you guys!!

ontarget
02-24-2011, 04:50 PM
:welcome: Hannah! We're all anxious to get to know you, too.

JoJo, Red is definitely my favorite color, too. I shoot what's called Barebow Recurve. That means just a regular recurve bow without any sights, stabilizers, or other high tech gear. Olympic Archers shoot extremely high end recurves with all the high tech gear they can get including sights. When I'm competing with my recurve, I'm shooting against other old women and not against the Olympic athletes or Olympic hopefuls. I do get to shoot at the same tournaments and get to meet them, though.

As to colors at these tournaments Pink is pretty popular with women, but I'm more a Red woman. (I think it's a more powerful color.)

Vickie and Sloan and Pam, I hope you girls are feeling better.

Nancy, thank you for the update. I hope all continues to go well. I can imagine how exhausted you and Robin must be.

We leave for A&M in the morning. I'm pumped. We have our gear packed. Now we just need to pack our clothes.

ontarget
02-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Hannah, I meant to tell you that we're all doing the same. Some days our eating choices are better for getting us to the weight we want and some days not. Life goes on. All we can do is not give up.

pam920
02-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Sandra, have a great time (I know you will). I'm doing a little better today. For the last 2 days, when I wake up, I have no voice but it comes back quickly. My cough is becoming more productive, so maybe I'm on the mend.

Vicki and sloan, hope both are feeling better.

We went out for Mexican. I've been letting myself splurge once a week and it seems to be working.

bbl

ontarget
02-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Pam, glad you're better. Mexican sounds good. We had sandwiches for dinner. (sausage/biscuits/gravy for lunch) I kept up with my points. Didn't know I could add that high.

Tejas
02-24-2011, 07:32 PM
:welcome2: Hannah. Welcome aboard.

Nancy, thanks so much for the update. It's a really rough time. I assume you know that the eggs really have to be cooked well.

Sandra, you're just carb loading :lol: Have a safe trip, and good luck!

I had a good workout alone today and tomorrow is the tougher full body workout with the trainer. It's hard, but I love it. I'm getting more easy about only 1500 calories. Somedays it's harder than others.

nancy237
02-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Nancy, thanks so much for the update. It's a really rough time. I assume you know that the eggs really have to be cooked well.

I probably would not have thought of that...he usually likes scrambled so is that okay ??

He spiked a 102 fever about 2 hours after I posted, so we had to be readmitted to the hospital. He is getting a chest xray right now. It is so hard to watch him suffer and not be able to help. I can handle the seriousness of this illness I think but when he feels so terrible , that is the hardest.. I thought of how much fun we had in the fall going up to the property and puttering around and wonder if we will ever be able to do that again.

pancakegood
02-24-2011, 09:33 PM
I've never posted on these boards before but...here goes!
My name is Emily and I am 5'9", 270, in my early 30's and starting back onto the Core Program today after a 5+ year hiatus. I still have my materials from WW and (since my schedule at the hospital where I work doesn't allow me much time for meetings) I'll be doing this on my own. I'm going to use this board for support and check in often! It's inspiring to read about all of your journeys! I have a long way to go!
Em :)

thompshm
02-25-2011, 12:50 AM
:wave: thanks for the welcome guys! today ( well i suppose last night) i splurged on tomato goat cheese soup it is soo good but so bad. i also am coming down with something and had been craving soup all day. i went over my daily points once again! i always feel so bad when i dip into my weekly bonus points but sometimes i just cant help it.
ontarget wow i have never shot an arrow before in my life that sounds amazing and i agree red is much more powerful color then pink!
:spin: :D

jojo23
02-25-2011, 03:37 AM
Hello Hannah and Pancake. You are more than welcome and none of us on here have a constant weight drop. We all fall by the wayside now and again but what the hey? If I stuck at it hard and fast I'd never manage to last the pace and be found lying face down in a box of doughnuts.

We are away today at an antiques Fair. We're not buying anything, just having a day out. The house next door to us is being auctioned today and we are dreading who buys it. The old man who owned it let it go the rack and ruin so we are expecting a builder to buy it and turn it into bedsits. We have had terrible problems with b/sits and junkies in this road. This is one of the reasons we are moving. But, we will have to sell for practically nothing if next door is more bedsits

ems81wales
02-25-2011, 06:03 AM
hey everyone iv been away to london and came back tuesday but been really busy doing stuff. I stayed the same this week which i am happy with seen as i was away for 5 days at my best friends.

The doctor ran back about the thyroid and still the same rubbish saying they cant do nothing so there putting my meds back up to what they were so leats they doe what i wanted. I also rang the hospital this week a si still havent had an appointment and my doctor said id have an appointment within 13 weeks but when i rang the hospital they said it is a 6 month wait im so annoyed and then today i had a letter off them asking me if i still want an appointment i swear they dont know what they are doing. xxxx

Tejas
02-25-2011, 07:12 AM
NANCY, yes scrambled eggs are fine, but they do need to be done, not runny. The concern is about samonella, which many eggs and meat/meat products are contaminated with. Since Robin is more vulnerable to infections, and salmonella is so awful, you'll want to cook those foods well and wash fruits and vegetables really well. And, of course, clean the counter tops, sponges, wash clothes, etc with some diluted bleach. If you use package salad greens make sure you wash them, even if they have been washed before packaging.

Vickie
02-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Good Morning Chicks!

I'm on a downward spiral. I ate way too much food last night at dinner out and Jim and I also shared a ridiculous dessert. It was off the map sweet and fattening.

I've decided that I'm rejoining WW on Monday, March 7th. I'm also going to keep attending JC and eating some of her food. I need double assistance.

I've lost my motivation.

Vickie
02-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Nancy, how positively frightening for you and Robin. I'm not posting much right now but I continue to pray for both of you daily.

pam920
02-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Hello and welcome to the our newest posters.

still fighting this dang cold. I don't think it's allergies after all. I stayed the same this week also.

ems, hope you get your appts straightened out.

not much happening here.

Good luck Vicki. I think you'll like the new program at WW.

Hey to everyone else. Gotta go.

Tejas
02-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Nancy..I fogot to mention e coli, which is a major concern. But if foods are cooked and fruits and veggies are washed, you're doing all you can do. Just take precautions, and don't worry too much.

Vickie, the only issue is that we get up more often than we fall. Going back to WW just might give you what you need. Go for it.

As you know, I have not lost weight this year, and even gained. So, tell me why my clothes from last year fit as well as they did last year. I'm really beginning to believe that most of the gain is muscle. The trainer said it is highly likely. Hmmmm. I still need to and want to lose 40 pounds this year.

beach bum
02-25-2011, 02:53 PM

Gee!! I didn't realize I haven't posted here since Tuesday

Its raining and we are expecting heavy winds this afternoon so I'm staying in and cleaning out my kitchen cabinets. Last night my friend Mary and I went out for pizza after our choir rehearsal.No movies this weekend our theater hasn't changed since last week.Oh well there always next week.After I got home I just vegged out.

The shooting I was talking about was an archery tournament we went to after Sunday School.

SANDRA-Oh that's funny how I assumed the shooting was in your church.

PAM-Sorry your suffering from those allergies.Hope you're ok by now.Oh that's so sad about you MIL. That a terrible disease luckily my mom, dad and in laws didn't have that.

Sloane=hope you better by the time I'm posting here. My DGC all had some kind of flu or cold that brought the whole family to get it. When you around children you're always apt to get it.

Nancy-I'm so sorry your and Robin are going thought this horrible disease together.You must be exhausted traveling back and forth to the hospitals. I know the feeling watching a loved one and not being able to help them,its very very sad,The Lord bless you and keep you strong for your Robins sake.

Hi:wave: Hannah & Pancake welcome to the board.

VICKIE-I see from your post that your going back to WW. Best of luck sorry that JC didn't work for you,but maybe the two in combination well do the trick.

RHONDA-You trainer is right it probably muscle and remember muscle weight more than fat but then muscle will burn fat and you'll start losing right away. I'm stuck at 167=168 and it won't budge.

Have a wonderful day

Vickie
02-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Well, I lost 50 pounds on Jenny so I can't really say it didn't work. It did. I just stopped working IT! Fingers crossed that the combo will work.

pam920
02-25-2011, 06:20 PM
that's the key.......work the program and it works. good luck

Vickie
02-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm up early today, showered and dressed, waiting for the AT & T guy to come and look at our internet connection......again.

And the Great Niece and Great Nephew are coming over while Mama takes the smallest one to the Doctor...on a Saturday. Yikes.

Hunker down Brodie! He's not great with kids.

Tejas
02-26-2011, 10:14 AM
:wave: Have a great day everyone (Brodie, too!).

I've got a busy day, seeing family and attending a 4 hour meditation retreat. I'll let you know how that goes. I used to meditate daily..decades ago...and thought I'd explore it again.

Vickie
02-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Have a wonderful time, Rhonda.

ontarget
02-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Hannah and Emily, it's so good having you both joining us. This is a great bunch of ladies. We're sort of Steel Magnolias here.

Nancy, it breaks my heart hearing how sad you sound. My prayers are with you and Robin.

Vickie, rejoining WW sounds good. I'm still going to OA; however, my meetings have been far between the last couple of months due to weather and (The Bachelor).

Rhonda, I like what you said about carb loading. I've been doing that for sure.

Ems, I was wondering where you were keeping yourself. Glad you're back with us.

JoJo, what is a 'bedsit'? Whatever it is, I hope you don't get one next door.

As to archery: Today I shot really well. Tomorrow I hope to do the same. I'm on track to set new national and World FITA records. I'll keep you updated. Right now I'm in the hotel business center and Curtis is asleep. We've been up since 4 AM. Tomorrow we shoot a little later and should get to sleep longer.

I'm tired and prob won't get back here till after we get home tomorrow evening. Ya'll have a fun weekend.

beach bum
02-26-2011, 05:32 PM

I woke up to snow ,but it was melting,and after breakfast it was gone. . I had to go to the bank and deposit some IRA checks and than go to the hairdressers to get my mop cut shaped and blow dried. I haven't had my hair styled since before Christmas.

VICKIE-I know, you did terrific.Hope the WW can help you as a few woman that I know and others on another board, didn't like the points plus program and went back to the reg one.

RHONDA-Have fun with your family this weekend.

SANDRA-Best wishes to win the National & World NITA records.

Have a great evening I going to start my dinner.

Tejas
02-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Yea, Sandra!!!! Good luck to you and Curtis!

The brunch with family was tasty, and the meditation was very refreshing, and I think I'll bring a daily practice back into my life. It was led by a sweet, young Buddhist monk from Dallas whom some of the church members have as a mediation leader.

I'm in for the evening, and I'm happy to be. I've been running around a lot this past week.

So far, I've had 1000 calories, 500 to go for the evening. I think I'll have a frozen dinner of some sort because DH said he's having left overs. That's easy.

Have a good evening.

Rhonda

nancy237
02-26-2011, 09:30 PM
I am not sure about the rules for posting links but I thought everyone would get a good laugh from this.. It's a diary from a lady who was given a gift of a week at a gym with a trainer .

Rhonda ...I thought of you & Todd when I read this ..I think you will like it.

http://www.mesmarty.com/2009/06/04/a-woman-week-at-the-gym/.

Vickie
02-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Thanks, as always for the moral support.

Nancy, THAT was funny. Glad you are enjoying some laughs along the way.

beach bum
02-27-2011, 01:39 PM

Woke up late and to snow again, didn't think I was going to church,but I got there as the road were cleared. The trees,grass & cars were full of snow.

Only one of my friends got to church and brunch,talked about the Oscars tonight we hoping that the movie King Speech will win the Oscar for best picture and actors[King & Teacher] award.

RHONDA-Glad you had a wonderful brunch with the family. I'm going back to exercising but every slowly that I don't hurt my knee again. I don't really cook on Sundays I head for the frozen entrees also.

NANCY-That was funny,:D thanks for sharing.

VICKIE-Sorry,hope you know that I support you all the way,but I just wanted to report to you want I heard from different woman about the new program WW as put out.

Have a wonderful Sunday,see you guys in the morning

Vickie
02-27-2011, 02:33 PM
I understand, Mary Ann. I'm going to give it a try. It can't hurt and besides, everyone is different.

Tejas
02-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Nancy, that was hilarious. I have definitely been known to tell a trainer "I like you today, but in 24 hours I'm going to hate you."

I'm having a great day, and I hope that you all are!

ems81wales
02-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Thanks pam and sandra :D xxxx

ontarget
02-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Nancy, that was cute!

I read all the posts an am loving the chatting going on here. We got home this evening and I've been working on submitting my records to the Olympic Training Center. I set all the National and World FITA records that were possible for me. Now we're waiting on the other 9 venues to report their scores to see if my scores hold up for the National title. We should know by mid-March.

Sorry this is all about me. I love you all and will be better rounded tomorrow. Tonight I'm basking. :lol:

Tejas
02-28-2011, 12:15 AM
Sandra, you are the :queen: