Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 7 (02/20-02/27)

Bigmid
02-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi everyone,
Another awesome week for the BLUE TEAM:bravo::cp::cb::flow2::flow2::grouphug:

There were some really big numbers this week

We lost 3 more teammates this week and 7 Freebies were used. Some of those who had freebies for not posting on time are in danger of being eliminated next week so please watch out for that.

I would also like to ask once again that no one changes there totals once cut off is over. I need the numbers to match my sheets if they don't it is alot more work. If your number changes (after its posted and after 10AST) put it in ( ) so it helps you but doesn't mess with the number I use. Thanks

Well CONGRATULATIONS to our Biggest Losers this week.

Biggest Loser:
KimberleyP, -4.6, -2.66%

Honorable Mentions:
Soon2BFitChick, -3.6lbs, -2.11%
Matilda08, -4lbs, -1.80%
NancyO, -2.8lbs, -1.46%

Team Loss of -21.8lbs, -.42%

I'll come back later and post a challange for the week.

dream710
02-21-2011, 12:41 AM
Congrats to our biggest losers!

Bigmid
02-21-2011, 02:32 AM
I have just finished watching 2 different episodes on tv thay were documentry ones and one of them was about the struggles that people have with their health (to put it mildly) and it got me thinking once again as to how really lucky I am. We all get caught up in our own realities and sometimes forget how hard others have it.

Okay everyone here is your challange for the week:
Post 1 thing everyday that you are lucky to have, do, recognise about yourself. This is something that should make you feel better.

I really am lucky as I have good health and the ability to walk, work, function without being the object of somebodies ridicule. I am truly lucky for this.

Doragone
02-21-2011, 06:05 AM
Hi Jacky, Bluesers,
Whoot! We won again! Awesome Kimberly - also Serena, Matilda and Nancy - great going team.

As to what I am lucky to have, a wonderfully supportive family. Though I don't have much family left, what I do have are awesome. I'll save my other "lucky to have" stuff for the rest of the week. All of my lucky stuff are of course thanks to God.

Making up my mind that this was going to be my new lifestyle has really made all the difference. I'm not anxious about it, I've made my short term goals reasonable, thus attainable. It's like I'm not dieting at all . . . I guess because I'm not!!!

Keep up the good work team - we're awesome.

Dora

Mercy03
02-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Bigmid,this is a previous pop challenge that we had done.I will do both:)

Target:
Exercise - 60 minutes, 30 min walking outside, 30 min cardio strength inside
Diet -1300 calories max
Habit -600 calcium tabs

Monday
Exercise - 30 min walking,30 min strength and stretching exercises
Diet - Ate a box of girl scout cookies,need I say more?:devil:
Habit - 600 calcium tabs

Tuesday
Exercise-
Diet -
Habit -

Wednesday
Exercise -
Diet -
Habit -

Thursday
Exercise -
Diet -
Habit -

Friday
Exercise -
Diet -
Habit -

Saturday
Exercise -
Diet -
Habit -

Sunday
Exercise -
Diet -
Habit-

Post 1 thing everyday that you are lucky to have, do, recognise about yourself.

KimberlyP
02-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Congrats Everyone!!!

A couple days after weighing in at my center, my home scale showed a gain of more than 3lbs. I'm positive it was due to the medication I was taking because it's impossible to gain that much fat overnight. The entire week was spent feeling discouraged because I had a huge loss and I knew at my next weigh in I was going to gain some of the 4.6lbs back. I know being sick can make one lose a few pounds but I was forcing myself to eat all of my daily points so I'm not sure why I lost that much.

Thankfully my scale is down from 173 to 169.5 this morning, I've been tracking carefully. I have a feeling I'm going to show a small gain and I wanted to apologize to everyone because the last thing I want to do is be kicked off the team or cause us to lose. This challenge keeps me motivated every week and has been the reason I've pushed myself so hard these past few weeks.

I know I should look at my accomplishements this far into my journey but I'm so frustrated that I was only 0.8 away from losing 100lbs last week and NOW I'm further away. It's almost like the scale is teasing me and all I want to do is throw it out the window!!!

Bobbolink
02-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Good Morning Blue team!
Congratulations to the 4 top winners this week.

Biggest Loser: Week 6
KimberleyP, -4.6, -2.66%
Honorable Mentions:
Soon2BFitChick, -3.6lbs, -2.11%
Matilda08, -4lbs, -1.80%
NancyO, -2.8lbs, -1.46%
Team Loss of -21.8lbs, -.42%
I was sad to see 3 past honorable mentions winners are no longer with us.
Kimberly, great job again and congrats on making the list twice.
Serena, great job to you too, making the list twice also.
Matilda and Nancy, good number for both of you!

Bobbolink
02-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Okay everyone here is your challange for the week:
Post 1 thing everyday that you are lucky to have, do, recognise about yourself. This is something that should make you feel better.

I'm blessed that I have a hubby that vacuums the whole house everyday. (We have a sweet natured English Setter that sheds) The dog loves having his picture taken, he always poses for me.
P.S. Question, when someone gains for the week, is the percentage subtracted from the total group percentage?

Soon2BFitChick
02-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Congrats to our Biggest Loser:
KimberleyP, -4.6, -2.66%

And the Honorable Mentions:
Matilda08, -4lbs, -1.80%
NancyO, -2.8lbs, -1.46%

We are doing great! Sure hate we lost more members though. Hope they still stay here and continue on with us unofficially. :hug:

Kids are out of school today so its a crazy Monday here. Going to take them to the park and let them use up some of this energy! :yikes:

Hope you all have a great day! :yay:

Selina :hug:

Bigmid
02-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Morning :D

dream710- hello

Doragone - that really is key having it as a lifestyle change. Good for you to be at the point where it is no longer a chore or a diet.:carrot::carrot: Family really is a true blessing....enjoy them

Liz - great side challange, how have you been doing?

Kimberley - Don't get frustrated about the gain (I'm one to talk) it really does make a difference which day it is I was up 6lbs on Friday from Sundays weight up 5 on Saturday and then I lost 1lb in the end on Sunday again. I have no idea how you can be up 6 then down overall 1 from one day to the next. Don't fret you will be able to post the 100lb down in no time:)

Also for everyone please note you would never be kicked off for having a gain.....if that were true I would have been kicked off about 20x's by now;)
Posting a gain is just part of the overall journey. To keep going after the gain is the true measure of who we really are.

Bobbi - that is awesome to have a husband that vacumns everyday. What a cute dog I bet he gets away with everythig.....just cocks his head and says look at me I'm to cute to be mad at. Yes the gains and losses are calculated against each other to come up with the grand total. The people we lose each week are no longer counted towards the teams totals.

Selina - Wow your really dropping the pounds again WTG!!!! I need to catch up to you:) Have fun at the park today.

Well this afternoon Nancy is coming over and we are going to try out a bunch of new workouts so that should be fun and burn a few calories at the same time. Then we are going to catch up on a few episodes of V

Have a great day everyone,

Narnia99
02-21-2011, 03:38 PM
:congrat: to Kimberly for being our Biggest Loser this week :cheer3:
Way to go, Selina, Matilda08, and Nancy :cheer2:

I am determined to have a much better week. I think the key for me is to get my exercise done first thing in the morning. Lately, I have been trying to fit it in later in the day/night and then I either don't have the time, or I don't feel like working out. So, this morning I got early and I had a great workout, and now I have so much energy. I just have to keep it up now.
I am lucky to have 3 wonderful children, and a loving husband that I have been married to for almost 17 years.

Dora, that's a great attitude! I have no doubt that you will reach your goal!

Kimberly, the scale can be so discouraging and the daily fluctuations can really mess with us emotionally. You know that you are doing everything right, so don't let it defeat you. You have come so far, and are such an inspiration to me! Hang in there and you'll reach that 100lbs loss soon.

Bobbi, what a cute dog!

Jacky, hope you have a fun afternoon with Nancy. What workouts are you trying out?

Selina, congratulations on loosing 100lbs. That is awesome :cp: :cp: You are an inspiration!

Have a wonderful day everyone :wave:

Bobbolink
02-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Who won week #6, Red or Blue team?

Soon2BFitChick
02-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Thanks girlies. I feel way more energetic now that I've got this much weight off. Not to mention its easier to tie my shoes etc. I do get colder in winter now though. :shrug:

Just saying hello before I get some things done here. Hope you all have a great Tuesday tomorrow!!! Love watching the Biggest Loser!!!!

Hugs, Selina :dance:

PageLynn
02-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Congrats to the biggest losers this week!

I'm thankful my kids allow me to get in my exercise (even the baby!) so that I can have a little me time in the day!

dream710
02-22-2011, 01:44 AM
Hey blue team!

I struggled last week, I had limited exercise and ate way too much. I'm happy to say I managed to have an OP day. I'm not sure what it is but everytime I start seeing changes or someone compliments me about my progress, I start binging and undo all my hardwork. Has anyone else gone through this? Any advice on how to overcome would be appreciated.

I'm thankful for my health. My mother is a very sick woman, and struggles everyday to deal with her illnesses. It's because of her that I decided to make changes in my own life.

Selina-Congrats on the weightloss!! You're doing great

Narnia-I'm like you, if I don't do my exercises first thing, I'm liking to make excuses not to.

Bigmid-Hope you and Nancy had fun

Bobbi-Is it still snowing up there?

Kimberly- I'm sure the gain is water weight or like you said something to do with your meds. The scale can definitely be discouraging, there's been many a mornings I've stepped on and called it a piece of s*#t. Hang in there, you're doing great.

Mercy-Hello!

water: 13 glasses
calories: 1341 fiber 19
exercise: 90 minutes

dream710
02-22-2011, 01:50 AM
Bobbi-I'd be interested in your Ranch dressing recipe...if you don't mind sharing.

Bigmid
02-22-2011, 02:47 AM
Hi just wanted to pop in and say good night to everyone, Nancy just left a few minutes ago so you can see we had a good day. First went out for lunch then came back and did a 20min Zumba workout, then did a 30min full body workout on ea active 2 (where I proceded to swear at the game), then we did some cardio boxing for about 40min (which included some instruction time) then watched 3 V's that were PVR'd

I hope we burnt off some calories I won't know how accurate until Nancy plugs her go wear fit into the computer.....I just hope it's lots:)

Narnia - Thanks as you can see we did have fun and what we did for workouts. I do agree with you getting the workout done first thing in the morning is good but I am so lazy in the morning I can't get up any earlier so what I do is as soon as I get home from work I change and go right downstairs to workout.....if I sit on the couch (even for 1min) I will never leave it.:) Congrats on the 17yrs of marriage to a good husband and the great kids.

Bobbi - I don't know who won yet I haven't heard from Shan yet. She is busy and is in a whole other time zone. I'll let you know as soon as I know

Selina - I am always cold.....I was cold before but now I'm freezing, then you add in drinking water and I just want to crawl into the oven to keep warm:D
I hope one day this will stabilize.

PageLynn, that's some very thoughful children:carrot:

dream - the compliments are somewhat to blame on my end too. I kept having people tell me I lost to much, don't go any further you will look sick your to thin......I was no where near to thin but I started to go, hay maybe I can just start maintaining or something......now 20lbs up here I start again....this time I stop when I feel better not when they think I look good. You can do this it is all about us in 2011. Take the compliment and say thanks and then go one with your day. I'll try this too. Health is a very good thing to be thankful for.

Oh I did 25 jumping jacks today instead of my 10

drinkypants
02-22-2011, 03:15 AM
Great job again this week team!! :carrot::cheer3: Kimberly, amazing job!! The scale going up so close to 100lbs has got to be frustrating, but you will make it to that 100lbs, you are a huge inspiration to me! It might take an extra week due to your illness, but who knows, maybe you will hit that 100lb mark this week. :hug:

Selina, Metilda, Nancy WTG on such huge losses!! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

I want to congratulate everybody who has lost any weight during this challenge!! We are doing awesome! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

I am sorry to see more members go... hopefully some of them will come back and participate even if it doesn't count towards the team total. I am really thankful for this challenge, and this site.. it has helped me tremendously!

Bobbi - that's an adorable dog you have. :)

Dora - I really need to take a lesson from you, and learn to make more short term goals.. looking at the big picture feel so overwhelming sometimes.

Narnia - I had the same issue the last couple of weeks, trying to fit my workouts in the evening, and not doing them some nights.. so I am back to working out first thing in the morning. Then it's done! hehe

dream - I have no advise, but I have read about other people getting compliments, and then sabotaging their weight loss. It seems to happen to a lot of people.. hopefully you get some tips on how to overcome it.

Bigmid, nice job on the jumping jacks! I find those to be one of the hardest exercises for me, my weight just pulls on me.. That probably doesn't make sense lol I am glad you had a fun filled day, mixed with exercise!

For bigmids challenge, Today I am especially thankful for compliments. I was feeling pretty down about my weight loss, and how much more I have to go.. and today a cashier at the gas station I go to every couple of weeks asked me if I had lost weight, I said yes, and she said wow, you look like you lost a lot of weight, keep it up! It really made my day, and helped me not give up, and give in to pigging out.

I made a little sticky note on my computer with all the daily exercise challenges to remind myself. I really enjoy these challenges :)

Good luck this week team!

Bobbolink
02-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Good Morning Blue Team,
Today I'm thankful for the sun shining on our ice coated windows. Yesterday we had rain, thunder, snow and a very bad ice storm with strong winds. Now the East side of our house and windows are so coated we can't see out. DH has to go out and snow blow the driveway again, oh, that's something else I'm thankful this morning, no snow shoveling or snow blowing for me. Hopefully the sun will melt off the ice today.
Dream...funny you should ask for the Ranch dressing recipe. I watch Dr. Oz every day and yesterday he had viewers send him their recipes for low fat and under $5.00 recipes. It gave me an idea for the Blue team chats, lets all post 1 low fat recipe to share. It doesn't have to be under $5.00, just a low fat/low calorie recipe that you use. It can be an entree, vegetable dish, snack, dips, dressings, etc. And about the Ranch dressing recipe, I get severe migraine headaches from store Ranch in the bottle or the dry mixes because they both contain MSG. (monosodium glutamate) That's why I googled homemade Ranch dressing and the recipe I found didn't taste all that great so I doctored it up. I'll dig out the recipe for you Dream and post it. But you'll need to doctor it up as it turned out very bland. I added some stevia and pure apple cider vinegar to it. I see you posted your fiber, try Fiber One cereal, it only has 60 calories and 14 grams of fiber. You'll get pass 19 grams easily.
Bobbi-I'd be interested in your Ranch dressing recipe...if you don't mind sharing.
Jacky...you make me tired just reading about all your vigorous exercises.......whew! Have you had any return folks or offers on your house yet? One good thing about having your house for sale, you'll always put things back where they belong when you have to have it spotless for viewings. Not sure what episodes of V is?
Narnia...I think many of us fall into that catagory of doing exercise right away or not at all. Me too!
I am determined to have a much better week. I think the key for me is to get my exercise done first thing in the morning. Lately, I have been trying to fit it in later in the day/night and then I either don't have the time, or I don't feel like working out
Thanks for all the compliments on our dog Charlie, he's so sweet natured.
Kimberly, I'm rooting for you to hit the 100 pound mark. What's the one key to your successful weight loss?
Coco...I think sometimes people that have struggled so long to loss the weight think they deserve to have a little treat. Then thinking I already blew my diets, what's one more. Then before they know it, they are on a binge.....all the time thinking I'll start fresh in the morning. Been there, done that!
Page...how old is your baby? Glad you can find time to exercise, you have to take care of yourself too.
I have no advise, but I have read about other people getting compliments, and then sabotaging their weight loss. It seems to happen to a lot of people.. hopefully you get some tips on how to overcome it.

Selina...I smile every time I see your pretty picture. A couple of years ago I was up to 169 pounds and I was never cold. Now I freeze to death all the time unless I layer my clothes. I always wear a long sleeve turtleneck under my sweatshirts or tops. DH keeps the house a 68 degrees too, love sleeping in that coolness but I get cold when I'm sitting at my computer or doing nothing. Brrrrrrrrrr!
I'm going to go look for that recipe for Ranch dressing now, be back later.

Bobbolink
02-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Dream...I couldn't find that Ranch dressing recipe, it was probably tossed. If I print out a recipe, try it and don't like it........I toss the recipe. I found this one on Cooks.Com that sounds good. I haven't tried this one yet and it would be more calories with the cottage cheese in it than the one I used. I don't see any vinegar in it either, I like vinegar in my dressings to add some bite to it. I'd probably have to doctor this one up too. If anyone tries this, let me know.

LOW-CALORIE RANCH DRESSING
Printed from COOKS.COM

1 c. buttermilk
1 c. lowfat cottage cheese
1 (1 inch) piece onion
1/2 clove garlic
2 sprigs fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. dill weed
1 packet artificial sweetener
2 peppercorns

Put all ingredients into blender. Cover and process on high until smooth. Chill 1 hour before serving. Yield: 2 cups.

Soon2BFitChick
02-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Yummy, that looks good! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Yeah, I never thought I'd be colder than I already was in winters. But after I lost, I have been! I wonder if this means that in hottt summers I won't get as hot as usual?? Dunno. :shrug:

Well gonna go get work done. I did 20 mins on tmill last night! Yay! :yay:

Feeling better already from just a few mins a day. Weird how that works. :?:

Ok, hugs!

PageLynn
02-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Bobbi: My baby is 4 months old. I also have a 3 year old.
Bigmid: They are great kids. Sometimes I want to give them away but I love them lol.

I am thankful that I don't have my mom's bladder disease...yet! I am starting to develop symptoms but hoping it won't get any worse.

NancyO
02-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Morning Blues. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Jacky and I had fun working out yesterday, we tried Wii Gold's Gym Cardio Workout for the 1st time and it was really good. This week hopefully I can get back down to 187 again!

And I'm thankful for having supportive family and friends. My parents and I decided to lose weight at the same time and I don't know if I could have come this far without their support.

Have a great day everyone!

MamaP
02-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Thought I'd check in and say hello. Hope everyone is having a great week.

Bigmid
02-23-2011, 01:24 AM
Hi I forgot to come on earlier and post:)

Today I was thankful that I got off the couch and onto the elliptical for 33min, hula hopped for 20min, and did 20 pushup for the daily challange.

Coco - I do know what you mean about the jumping jacks pulling....but they do get easier. I have a couple different DVD's that make you do them. The first week it is so hard and then all of a sudden your doing all of them without much thought. The one has you doing about 150 each workout:(.
Complements are great aren't they such a good motivator.

Bobbi - no offers on the house yet but we have another viewing booked for tomorrow.....fingers crossed....thanks for asking. I can't post a low fat recipe as I don't actually do much cooking anymore. I did get in lots of fibre today though. V is a tv show about aliens coming to earth this is the second season. Not a bad show.

Selina - working out even in small amounts can really make a difference. I have noticed this on myself again as I'm just getting back into from Dec

Pagelynn - I hope you symptoms don't turn into anything bad and that they go away all together.

Nancy - you really do have a wonderful family.....and of course we all know you have great friends:)LOL

MamaP - hello hope you doing well

Hello to the rest of the blue team hope everyone had a great day.

Not sure if I'll post much tomorrow, our head office is coming for a store visit then we have a work team rally in the evening so I may not get on. I'll try to do a quick post at lunch.

Excuse any weird words or spelling as I typed this on the phone and didn't really read it back:)

drinkypants
02-23-2011, 01:27 AM
Hey blue team! Does anybody have any specific goals for this week? My goal is to lose 2.5lbs this week. Which means I need to kick up my exercise a notch!

I am really lucky/thankful for my husband, he has always been supportive no matter what my weight, and I know that is not always the case in many relationships.

Bobbolink
02-23-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm thankful that February is almost over and spring is around the corner. DH has already received our garden seeds for spring planting.

Soon2BFitChick
02-23-2011, 10:41 AM
I love Spring too! Yay! :yay:

I did 12 mins on tmill yesterday and at least 3 mins doing arm toners so I got my 15 mins in. LOL. Barely. But if I am doing 15 mins a day (some days I get 20 in) then at least I'm forming the habit again. And when I have time for more I do. :woops:

Overall I'm doing ok. I changed my goal weight to 162 so I guess I may not be in the next challenge with you guys. I will miss it here! I am just too saggy and to go down more will make it worse and I can barely pass with sleeveless tops now. Toning like crazy but a body can only do so much without surgery and trying to avoid that. So we'll see but I think 162 will be it. Weird. Never thought I'd be able to stop worrying about losing.. It's quite surreal. I feel bloated today and haven't weighed. I hope to lose one lb a week from here on out. Surely I can do that??? :yikes:

Ok, love you girlies! Keep up the good work and have a great Hump Day!!! :wave:

Selina :dance:

PageLynn
02-23-2011, 12:18 PM
I am thankful for a new guy I am dating and my best guy friend reminding me I am worth someone's affection no matter what size and just in general. My ex did a great job of tearing me down. It's nice to have 2 great guys building me back up lol.

Selina: What was your goal before? I can't even imagine what it will be like once I get to goal. I never make it. Mostly because both times I got serious about it I got pregnant 2 months in lol.

Soon2BFitChick
02-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Oh yeah and I'm gonna watch The Biggest Loser from last night I recorded and try to do 15 at least on tmill while Meadow takes her nap. Once she is asleep I will make a run for it! :woops:

She keeps wanting to climb on when I'm on it so I have to think ahead! :bb:

I'm excited about this summer. Buying some clothes will be nice knowing I won't be yo yoing as I usually do. And hopefully these clothes are just my new wardrobe because I think I've learned to maintain because I do maintain when I'm not trying to lose. I used to gain everytime I stopped counting every calorie. Now I think I know almost all calories of things I eat so I kinda calculate as I go and stay in a range that works. So I'm really grateful it's gotten so much easier over time. :goodscale:

Well, ok, I have some work to do before her nap. This TBL looked good on the previews.. think it said someone threw the weigh in?? Geez. If I was there, I'd just try to lose as much as I could every week and if I went home because I was a threat or whatever, then that's how it went. I'd work for the at home player prize then. Some people.... Grrr. :tantrum:

Page, just saw your post, so edited this one! I was going to go into the 150s.. wasn't sure. I had only gotten down to 178 for a few weeks in 1996. Had been over 200 since Junior High so had never been this low as an adult. But my hips and ribs are pretty big around even tho I'm 5'4"... Just think I'd look weird plus after being heavy since I was 5 years old and having a family history of not-so-elastic skin type, I just see it's not looking good to go lower.

So I will stop at 115 lbs off. Not too bad. I remember how I felt at 277. Never going back there again. Was hard to tie my shoes, hard to do stairs, to run, to carry in 40 bags of groceries from the car to the kitchen here, just little things but I remember. It's worth all the trials we go thru to keep losing. Never ever give up. Just keep starting over. Keep setting realistic goals. Losing half a lb a week is way better than none or gaining! Then if you do lose more then good! But at least you feel accomplished. Who said you hafta lose it fast? Do it the way YOU need to do it. Whatever helps you.. eat late at night if that is when you are hungry. Just count cals in a 24 hr period. You may think Susan Powter is crazy but read her book Stop the Insanity.. it taught me so much. She said doing something helps, move some every day, eat healthier but eat as much of it as u want, like grains and veggies.. get full.. because when you are hungry, you start craving more.. She is kinda out there, but her books helped me alot before and had alot to do with my losing weight. Hugsssss. I wish you and all the Bluezers and even Red Teamers the bestttt 2011 you can have. I hope everyone at least keeps losing SOMETHING. That was always important for me and my friends. We need to lose even .2 lbs a week.. a fifth of one lb. That's Something so you have to respect that! :hug:

Selina :df:

drinkypants
02-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Bigmid and Nancy - That's neat you are friends in real life, and can do this challenge together. All of my family lives on the other side of the country, but I am going to try to get at least one of my sisters to join the next challenge with me. It would be fun doing it with somebody I know. All of you ladies are great too, don't get me wrong! I love my team :hug::cheer3:

PageLynn - That's great you have people building you up, after having someone tear you down so much. It's also inspiring to see ladies like you get back on track working towards your goals after having babies(and under major stress.) I hope when I have kids I will not lose site of my personal health goals.

Selina - Great job on getting the exercise in when you can! Your story hits close to home, because I was also was above 200lbs in junior high. I haven't been under 200 since then. You show me it can be done if I just keep with it, and I really appreciate that! Also, you definitely deserve a new wardrobe with how much you lost! :carrot:

Today I am thankful for my dogs. They motivate me to get up, and move every day, even if I don't feel like exercising. I know they need their exercise.. so I have to at least get outside and play fetch, and walk with them. They're awesome hehe

dream710
02-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Just stopping for a quick hello. I'm off to pickup my DD from gymastics and then off to bowling. Everyone have a great night.

Doragone
02-24-2011, 01:12 AM
Good Day Blue Team,

I'm thankful I still have a job, though I had planned on retiring a year ago.
I'm thankful I have the ability to get online with my Blue Team and be encouraged by you all.

Still doing well on nutrition, not so much on water and exercise - but I have faith I'll improve in these areas soon.

Expecting snow here in the next few days and since I'm on satellite internet, I may or may not be able to get in touch with you all. Looks like my weight will not change this week, so a freebie wouldn't be so bad.

Hang in there girls, there's so few of us but we CAN do this. BTW - did we win? I thought we did, but others were asking after I made that assumption . . . . just wondering.

ttyl

Dora

drinkypants
02-24-2011, 02:23 AM
Hey Dora, we did win. :carrot: It looks like the Red team was waiting on a member to find out the official results, but they hadn't gotten back to the leader. They are doing amazing over there, but we still beat them.. great job everyone!! :cheer3:

dream - you seem like an extremely busy lady.. I am impressed with all of the exercise you fit in :dizzy:

I couldn't think of any recipes I use lately, but then I was like duh! There is one I use almost every day. It's called a 1 minute muffin. I am not sure who originally made the recipe, but I'd love to give them credit, it's a great addition to my low carb diet.. and one of the rare ways I get a large amount of fiber.

Here is how I make it, there are tons of different ways to tweak it, I believe there are a couple of threads about them on this site.
This is made in the microwave, so you need a microwave safe dish to make them in. A lot of people use a mug, I use a muffin shaped ramekin.

Ingredients
1/4 Cup Golden Flaxseed Meal
1/8 tsp Baking Powder (others use 1/2 - 1tsp, I think it tastes too baking powdery so I just use 1/8 tsp)
2 packets Splenda
1 Large Whole Egg
Mix the dry ingredients in ramekin/mug first, then stir in the egg until blended. Pop in the microwave for 1 minute and walllaa you have a muffin.
Calories in this version are 190 w/ 12g fiber 12g protein and 3net carbs. There are 9.5g of fat if you are watching your fat content.

I pop mine out with a knife, and cut it in three slices sort of like mini bread. I spritz each piece with spray butter, and sometimes top it with a TB of sf jam. People eat them plain, with butter, mixed with blueberries, all kinds of things. Sure they aren't as delicious as a sugary muffin, but I find them really satisfying, and feel full for a long time after eating them.

Anyways, keep up the great work team! :cheer3:

KimberlyP
02-24-2011, 08:10 AM
Hi Everyone!

Quick question if anyone can help me out! I'm not weighing in at my center this week, I have so much going on with school that I won't be able to make it there. If I weigh myself at home can I count that as this weeks weigh in? My scale is usually 1 or 2lbs more than the scale at my center so I'm not sure what to do. If I weigh in at my center next week I may show a gain because of the difference in their scale and mine. So frustrating! lol! I'm seriously thinking about going shopping for a new scale, the one I have is getting pretty beat up and I'd like to find one that's a little more accurate. Any suggestions?

Last night my husband, kiddos and I went out to eat at a place called Mexican Gardens. I hadn't been out to dinner in a while and was craving mexican food so I went ahead and used all my weekly points as I usually do every week. I was expecting a gain this morning because of the sodium in the food and sure enough I went from 168 to 170. I'm not frustrated because I know it's water weight but I did go a bit overboard and ate until I was uncomfortably full. I only do this once every 5 or 6 months and I think having a day like last night really helps me in the long run to prevent daily binge eating. Before joining Weight Watchers I would eat until I was in so much pain I couldn't move and this was every day. Now I don't have the urge to overeat and only do it every few months because I know I have complete control now.

Off to the gym I go this morning! Doing Zumba then going for a run after, I'd really like to get a burn of 1500 today.

Hope everyone is having an awesome week!

Bobbolink
02-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Kimberly....the only acccurate way to do it is pop into the center and weigh yourself, then go right home and weigh yourself on your home scale. Do not go to the bathroom, eat or do anything until you pop on your home scale. Then adjust your home scale or subtract the difference.
Congratulations Blue Team for winning week # 6!
Jacky, what was the Red's team percentages? They only posted the winner and honorable mentions, no total percentage.
Coco...thanks for the recipe, I use ground flax seed in my cereal every morning. I'll try your recipe today except for the whole egg, I'll use egg beaters. Thanks!
Anymore favorite recipes out there?

Bobbolink
02-24-2011, 09:55 AM
How do you feel after eating junk food? Yesterday I made DH an applesauce cake, ate a corner of it to see if it was a good recipe. That's all I had, one little 1" piece. Then I baked him some applesauce cookies, as we have tons of chunky applesauce in our freezer from our orchard. Ate one to see if I liked this new recipe. They were kind of bland so I made some yummy frosting and stuck two cookies together with frosting in the middle. DH loved them, aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh........so did I. I ate two more. :stress: Did it stress me out? That's all I thought of the rest of the day, how could I be soooooooo stupid. I know from past exerience not to eat 'comfort food' because I can't stop. But the good news is that I always have plenty of calories to spare and it shouldn't hurt me, the bad news is that I could have used those calories eating something healthy for my body. It also messed up my daily nutrition thread, I didn't post yesterday.

There’s No Comfort in Comfort Foods

Here’s yet another reason why “comfort food” never truly nourishes you. Have you ever reached for a boxed macaroni and cheese, doughnut or cookie in times of stress? We probably all have at one point or another and for good reason; these foods induce our neurotransmitters to signal our feel good hormones. We eat the particular food item, briefly feel better and then feel awful again shortly after. What seemed like a good idea initially turned out to have been a really bad one.

Now, Spanish researchers are shedding light on the harms of the comfort food fix. They found that when men and women volunteers consumed foods high in trans fats, they actually became more depressed. The lead author commented that the “adverse effects of trans fatty acids are thought to cause inflammation that interferes with neurotransmitters, like serotonin, important to mood regulation.” Perhaps you knew that trans fat, found in partially hydrogenated oils, increase our lousy LDL cholesterol and decrease our happy HDL cholesterol, but did you know that they also make you feel more stressed?

Soon2BFitChick
02-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Good morning! Can't stay but hi!! :wave:

Hugs, Selina :hug:

PageLynn
02-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Hey everyone!
Bobbi: I know how you feel about eating comfort foods. I went off plan yesterday and just stayed off because I was craving horrible things and figured one day wouldn't kill me. I felt guilty all day but kept stuffing my face :'( and today I figure I am back on track I did 80 minutes of Cardio. Nothing to do but move on and buckle down.
Cocoloco: Thanks. People tell me all the time how I'm inspiring or motivating for going to school, raising 2 boys on my own, and exercising daily/getting healthy. For some reason I don't see it as something to be inspiring or motivating, just my life and what I have to do no other choice. Maybe due to self issues but Thanks anyway.

PageLynn
02-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Hey Girls! I have a job interview tomorrow! I really need this job so I can move out with my boys and be able to live closer to school! Wish me luck!

drinkypants
02-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Kimberly, I personally think it's okay to weigh from home. If you consistently weigh 1-2lbs more at home I would just subtract 1lb, and if you weigh 1-2lbs less at home, I would add 1lb to be on the safe side, and call it your weight. I'd also weigh myself around the same time as you usually weigh in at weight watchers. I assume it's really up to you. 1500 calorie burn is crazy! I can't wait for the days I am fit enough to try to get that much of a workout!

Bobbi - Did you try the recipe? I am curious if it turned out okay with egg beaters. I also saw on your nutrition journal you use applesauce on your fiber one. I will have to try that sometime when I add more carbs in. I used to eat 1/2cup of fiber one for breakfast most days. It's amazing all of the fiber contained in 60 calories. I have three unopened boxes I stocked up on when they were buy1get1 free. My husband thinks it's rabbit food, but I like it hehe

Page - good luck on the interview!! :cheer3: You should give yourself a ton of credit for all that you do. A lot of people use all those obstacles as excuses to not work out, and don't bother trying to eat healthy. The fact that you are doing it all is really impressive!

I bought a low carb smoothie from smoothie king today, and it was pretty gross :barf: I ended up throwing it away. This was a big deal to me, because in the past I hated wasting things, especially something I just spent $4+ on. I used myself as a trash can, literally. I decided to let the trash be the trash can this time. Sure it was a waste of money in the end, but I am learning to treat myself better. I don't even know why I did that to myself before.

reji
02-25-2011, 12:30 AM
This week has been so busy that I haven't gotten any exercise in, and it's showing. I'm up .2 at the moment, with a major party coming up this weekend. At least my nutrition has been not too bad so far, and I've got my yoga class tomorrow. Good luck to everyone!

Cape Breton Chick
02-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Hey everyone.. sorry I have been so MIA lately.. I have been really sick, I do not ever remember being so sick for this long before.. usually I am a one or two days on meds n I am back to normal..not this time.. Monday around midday I felt the fever coming on, I had been coughing most of the morning...by Monday night I had a fever of 102 and had a very hard time breathing. Tuesday meant a trip to the doctor first thing, I was given strong antibiotics that I take once a day for 5 days and Symbicort puffers.. I had a consistent temp over 100 all week, 99.8 was the lowest it had gone, I was steaming myself and keeping Vicks applied to my chest at least 4 times a day.. as my chest was so incredibly sore and heavy..from coughing so forcefully my left tonsil became inflamed and made coughing and swallowing all the more unpleasant.. lol I could whine forever about this so I will stop myself now.. lol bottom line I have not been out of bed except for the neccessities all week..I have popped in a few times but was barely able to keep up with reading posts let alone make a post of my own..

I will have to think about the recipe I would like to share, but I think that is such a great idea to share our favorite recipes! :) Coco I am going to be trying that muffin for sure!

:grouphug:

Soon2BFitChick
02-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Angela, dang, that is no fun! So sorry for you that you are going thru that. Hope u feel better soon. :hug:

Page, Gooood Luck Girlie! Hope it works out how you want it to! :)

Reji, I'm up too this week. I sure hate I will have to post a gain probably. But female bodies go thru alot and we can't worry over a week here and there that aren't great. Just keep on keeping on! :cheer3:

Hiya to Coco, dream, dora, bobbi, bigmid and all the other bluezers!! :wave:

Gotta go get some stuff done now! :drill:

Bobbolink
02-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Good Morning Blue Team,
Yes Coco, I tried the muffin yesterday but didn't record it on my diary because I ate one bite of it to taste it. The egg beater worked great in it but I didn't have enough calories left last night to eat it. (195 + 4 gram of fiber) I think they would need some sf jam on them to make them sweeter. Or maybe I didn't put enough sweetner in. I use stevia and it's hard know exactly how much to use of that. Ground Flax seeds have lots of calories in them, that's why I only put 1 Tablespoon of it on my Fiber one in the mornings plus I take a 1000mg Flax Seed oil softgel, 10 calories in it. Last week I added up all the calories I consume in my day's vitamin pack and it's 50 calories worth. Who would have thought?
I received two new dvd in the mail yesterday for grannies, I'm going down to try them out now.
What am I thankful today? Not snow as it's snowing again today! Maybe that I have an energetic hubby who loves shoveling the stuff!

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life
We are about Fun and Friendship...
There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
We are the Blue Team!

PageLynn
02-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Well the job was commission and I just can't do that with two little ones.
Oh well another job will come soon and it will the perfect fit, at least I hope lol.
Have a GREAT day everyone!

Bobbolink
02-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Page...sorry about the job, something better will pop up.....Keep the Faith!
I was bored and looking around the different threads, saw this and thought it was funny.

The best divorce letter ever

I'm writing you this letter to tell you that I'm leaving you forever. I've been a good man to you for 7 years & I have nothing to show for it. These last 2 weeks have been ****. Your boss called to tell me that you quit your job today & that was the last straw.
Last week, you came home & didn't even notice I had a new haircut, had cooked your favorite meal & even wore a brand new pair of silk boxers. You ate in 2 minutes, & went straight to sleep after watching all of your soaps.
You don't tell me you love me anymore; you don't want sex or anything that connects us as husband & wife. Either you're cheating on me or you don't love me anymore; whatever the case, I'm gone.
Your EX-Husband
P.S. don't try to find me. Your SISTER & I are moving away to West Virginia
together!
Have a great life!
---
Dear Ex-Husband,
Nothing has made my day more than receiving your letter. It's true you & I have been married for 7 years, although a good man is a far cry from what you've been. I watch my soaps so much because they drown out your constant whining & griping. Too bad that doesn't work.
I DID notice when you got a hair cut last week, but the 1st thing that came to mind was 'You look just like a right tit!' Since my mother raised me not to say anything if you can't say something nice, I didn't comment. And when
you cooked my favorite meal, you must have gotten me confused with MY SISTER, because I stopped eating pork 7 years ago.
About those new silk boxers: I turned away from you because the £49.99 price tag was still on them, and I prayed it was a coincidence that my sister had just borrowed £50 from me that morning.
After all of this, I still loved you & felt we could work it out. So when I hit the lotto for 10 million pounds, I quit my job & bought us 2 tickets to Jamaica But when I got home you were gone.
Everything happens for a reason, I guess. I hope you have the fulfilling life you always wanted. My lawyer said that the letter you wrote ensures you won't get a penny from me. So take care.
Signed,
Your EX-Wife, Rich As ****, Freeeee!
P.S. I don't know if I ever told you this, but my sister Carla was born Carl. I hope that's not a problem for you!

PageLynn
02-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Bobbi: you are right something better will come along...and that joke was freakin' hilarious

PageLynn
02-25-2011, 10:18 PM
hey quick question...I have had 96 oz of water so far today and figure I'll drink another 24 oz before bed...so that isn't too much huh? My grandma hates drinking water and when she heard how much I have had so far today she said I'm drinking way too much and it could kill me. I don't I'm anywhere near that what do u think?

Bigmid
02-26-2011, 02:09 AM
Hi everyone sorry I've been MIA for a couple days. I have the results posted now sorry they are late not near my home computer until tonight.

Angela - I hope your starting to feel better that doesn't sound good what you have been going through. Take care of yourself.

I am thankful today that I can drink water again, yesterday (I go through spurts) where drinking water causes very bad stomache pain for me so I can't drink it. Yesterday 2 sips, today 2L:)

I will come back and post more and do some personals just have to do a couple other posts first.

Have a great night.

Bobbolink
02-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Good Morning Blue Team!
Today I'm Thankful for having two freebies not used, because I'm going to use one of them tomorrow. I'm only 3 pounds from my goal and those few pounds are taking forever to get off. I keep hitting plateau after plateau and not helping the Blue team much........sorry.:stress: I'll just have to be content to be the cheer leader and urge you all on.
It's snowing again but what else is new.
Do any of you remember the 'Cabbage Soup Diet' craze? I dug out an old recipe yesterday and made it, really delicious and only 74 calories, 4 grams of fiber in a 12oz. bowl. If any of you want the recipe, I'll post it or you can google Cabbage soup and find lots of recipes. It's great to make up a batch and use it for lunches, keeps you full too with all those veggies.
You all have a great Saturday, enjoy your time with kids/spouses.
Today Crabby Maxine says, "If you stay away from alcohol, sex, and fried food, you still won't live forever...but it sure will feel like it!."
Ah yes, fried food.........haven't had that for a long, long time.

Bobbolink
02-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Page...there was a long article on this, most I won't bore you with. The bottom line is drink it slowly.

It's Not How Much You Drink, It's How Fast You Drink It! The kidneys of a healthy adult can process fifteen liters of water a day! You are unlikely to suffer from water intoxication, even if you drink a lot of water, as long as you drink over time as opposed to intaking an enormous volume at one time. As a general guideline, most adults need about three quarts of fluid each day. Much of that water comes from food, so 8-12 eight ounce glasses a day is a common recommended intake. You may need more water if the weather is very warm or very dry, if you are exercising, or if you are taking certain medications. The bottom line is this: it's possible to drink too much water, but unless you are running a marathon or an infant, water intoxication is a very uncommon condition.

abetterme
02-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi everyone. Sorry I have not been on here lately. A lot has been going on. My husband is finally graduating AIT (his training for the Army) in Arizona. I get to see him March 16th. The last time my daughter and I saw him was Jan. 2nd. I am really excited to see him. I am working towards my goal of around 165 by the time I do, and I havn't been that in a very long time.
After his graduation, we are being stationed to Ft. Lewis, WA. That's just a couple hours from where I am now. Luckily, we got our first pick. We wanted to be close to our parents so they can see their granddaughter often.
I am sooo excited to finally be a family. He left for basic training April 12th of last year. And with a few hiccups with his PT tests and training, he had to stay a little longer than most soldiers. Anyways, I can't wait. We are finally going to be a family. My daughter will finally get to hang out with her dad for more than 2 weeks since she was born!
And I am determined to look good when I see him!
So I hope everyone is having a great day today!

PageLynn
02-26-2011, 06:21 PM
Bobbi: Thanks I saw that after my post last night lol. Only time I drink a lot in a short period is when I exercising and then only 32 oz at that time. Oh and I have another interview tomorrow! I wanted a job in the city I go to school in but I will take this you (near where I am staying right now) til I can get one in the city I go to school in.
Kelsey: I am happy for you! That's exciting to finally have him home I am sure. (well when he finally gets to come home lol).

I had to go get a ring re-sized today and I went from a 9 to a 8! I am happy!

sandlll
02-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Hi everyone, I wasn't on the computer much this week (school vacation) so just posting now. We got takeout Thai food last night since both of our kids were invited to a sleepover just dh and I were home alone! I tried to be reasonable got the tofu not not meat, but you could see the oil on everything! We only get takeout about once a month, so not a big deal I figured... It is family game night, they are starting Clue, so gotta go. Good luck to everyone this week.

river
02-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Hi Everyone, I'm on the blue team but haven't posted on the chats yet. :wave: Please forgive my lateness. I've been traveling a lot and haven't been on the site much recently.

I've really been struggling with losing lately, and have been trying to figure out if it's possible for me to lose weight while training hard. Right now I'm training to run my first half marathon, plus learning to X ski, and continuing strength and plyometric training. The past few weeks I decided not to focus on losing, just nourish myself properly for training. Well, I've hit a plateau.

Yesterday I woke up and felt newly resolved to lose. I'm down to approx the last 10 pounds, I'm not sure what the actual weight will be for me, just that it is somewhere in the 140s and I'll know when I get there. The weights that I have been in the past not be the right one now that I'm older and have more muscle mass.

Right now I'm going to set a short term goal and hold myself accountable.

I will break my plateau of 156/157 for the March 6th WI. It will be 155 or less.

Anyone else setting a goal for the upcoming week (exercise, POP, etc)?

Bigmid
02-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Morning I was out all day yesterday so didn't get on. I hope everyone had a great day. I'll post a little more once I'm on the computer and not the phone.

Today I'm thankful for see the sunshine and listening to the birds chirping.

I hope to get in a good workout today as well.

Narnia99
02-27-2011, 02:21 PM
Hi everyone, I just popped in for a quick hello. The flu has hit my family so this week has been challenging. I'm starting to feel better, but my son and dh are still sick. I'm sure my other son and my daughter are going to end up with it too :(
I've barely been eating, so I managed to lose a pound this week, even though I've basically been a zombie all week.

Have a great day everyone :)

Bigmid
02-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Hi just a reminder that you only have an hour left to weigh in

drinkypants
02-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Hey ladies, I don't have much time, but wanted to check in. Great job this week! :cheer3:

Bobbi- Even though you have hit a plateau I am really impressed with your weight loss so far this challenge! Being so close to goal, it has to be a lot harder to get the weight off, but you've been doing amazing! :cheer3:

Narnia, I hope you and your family gets to feeling better this week :hug:

River, Nice to see you post! My goal for next week is to workout 5x for at least 30 minutes. I am sure you can break your plateau, good luck!

Page - I hope your interview went well :)

Kelsey.. How exciting to get to actually be with living with your husband again! Congrats on your weight loss so far!

PageLynn
02-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Interview went good! I go back tuesday to do a test I have to pass. No worries I am sure I'll get it.

Bigmid
02-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Hi everyone taking this over to the week 8 thread

river - glad you could join us on the chats

Bobbi - don't worry about freebies just cause your at a platuea congrats on being so close to goal.

Narnia - hope your all doing better congrats on the pound:)

sandlll - everyone needs take out now and then....who won game night

Kelsey - I'm sure you and your daughter are excited to be able to be a family again. It must be hard spending that much time apart.

Coco and the rest of the Blue team.....a big Hello

Mercy - how did the side challange go (what's the deal with the 600 calcium tabs) Im hoping the 600mg not actual tabs.....LOL