Old 02-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #1  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

Default i can't believe she said that

i had one of those, i can't believe she said that moments today.

i met someone for the first time. we were introduced, along with my 3 kids, and then i think she said, she doesn't look like she has three kids, she looks so small. or something like that.

i still can't believe she was actually talking about me, or that i heard her right. that is the kind of comment my -naturally slender ballerina type body-my sister and daughter get. not. me. ever. i'm just regular sized at best, and in the last 10 yrs, most of the time i was definitely in the large category at 200 and above.

ok, i can go on and on. but a compliment, is a complement lol. still can't believe she said that ha ha. no matter how many squats i can do lol, i'm still around a size 14 reg sized person. i just keep thinking, i can't believe she said that lol.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

That's awesome! We are usually our own worst critic, so that should give you a great deal of confidence regarding how you look to others!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/175/No idea

Height: 6'3

That kind of reinforcement beats the heck out of the results of the scale or any amount of time standing in the mirror, in my book!

- L89
Lurker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 251/238/151

Height: 5'5"

Thats AWESOME! WOOHOO! When I read the title of the post I was ready to rant about somebody being mean to you, this was a very pleasant surprise
Ishisnowcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #5  
.::Loren::.

S/C/G: 184/174.5/135

Height: 5'

I know how you feel, as I just had my very first NSV this past week. I'm a teacher, and we had a professional day, so no kiddos. I wore something more fitted than I normally do, and one of our staff members said "Hey, Skinny!"

It took me a minute to think "Now is he saying that because I look thinner, or because he knows I'm trying?" Then I made myself stop and take the compliment at face value, lol! I have no idea how much I weihed before I started, because I refused to weigh myself for the longest time. Now I wish I knew how far I've come!

Such a great feeling, isn't it?

Last edited by Lnm130; 02-20-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Lnm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:20 AM   #6  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

part of why i was so surprised, is that i wasn't wearing anything fitted. i was wearing my fav. jeans. with pants on, i'm happy with how my pants look. but i was wearing a fleece sweatshirt that didn't show my waist or arms at all.

mostly, i'm just never small compared to my family members. even DH, is smaller than me, lol. he's just always going to be leaner than me. i'm cool with that. it's just surprising to hear the comments. i still think she was smok'n something lol.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote