Old 02-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Beginning Weight Watchers in April

I won't have the money to start till early April but want to know what sorts of foods I should be eating till then.

Last edited by BellaLucia; 02-19-2011 at 05:56 PM.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Here is a list of the things I buy while at the grocery store!

Dannon Greek Yogurt (Vanilla)
Kashi Cereal
Arnold Sandwich Things (Whole Wheat)
Lean Cuisines /Smart Ones
1 Bag Frozen Chicken Tenderloins
2 Packages 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey
Morning Star Veggie Burger Patties (1 Box/$3.99/4 Patties)
2 Large Bag of Frozen Cauliflower and Broccoli (I buy these at Gordons)
Light Unsweetened Almond Milk (Vanilla)
Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Mozarella Cheese
10 Cans Light Progresso Soup
Fresh Fruit/Braeburn Apples, Nectarines, Oranges, and a Few Lemons
2 bags Leafy Romaine Lettuce
Sweet Onion/1 or 2 Tomatoes
Raw Almonds
94% Fat Free Popcorn (I eat an entire bag every night)

I think that about covers it, I'm probably forgetting a few things but this is pretty much what I buy from week to week. Of course I have to buy seperate items for my kiddos and husband but I don't mind.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #3  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Can I ask you if the popcorn figures out to be 7 points for you with the new system? I haven't had any since starting the new points plan in jan., and I was wondering if I was figuring that right...

BellaLucia - One thing I like doing is french cut green beans steamed and then quick sauteed with some olive oil, lots of black pepper a little sea salt and minced garlic that's browned a bit. It's very filling and delish and only the points for the healthy oil. I make a lot at a time since they take a little while...

I second the whole wheat sandwich rounds and use them with two tbsp natural peanut butter with a sliced banana on top and then sprinkled with cinnamon for breakfast ... works out to be 7 points and keeps me full for quite a while.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #4  
WW Moderator

BellaLucia, can you go to just one meeting to start, and then pick back up again in April? In my area it costs $18 for the first meeting.

As for foods, you can eat about anything on WW as long as you count the point value. The smartest way to eat is whole foods. Processed foods cost more points, and when you make whole foods you can count the fruits and non starchy veggies as free points, plus you won't have all the added sugars, fats and thickeners that rack up points in processed foods.

I think the new plan is very close to Volumetrics. Lean protein, good fats, whole grains, and lots of fruits and vegetables. If you followed Volumetrics for a while, it would be really close to the WW plan when you start it. South Beach Phase 2 is pretty close as well, but with WW you don't have restrictions of types of fruits and vegetables as long as you count the potatoes, corn and peas.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nationalparker View Post
Can I ask you if the popcorn figures out to be 7 points for you with the new system? I haven't had any since starting the new points plan in jan., and I was wondering if I was figuring that right...

BellaLucia - One thing I like doing is french cut green beans steamed and then quick sauteed with some olive oil, lots of black pepper a little sea salt and minced garlic that's browned a bit. It's very filling and delish and only the points for the healthy oil. I make a lot at a time since they take a little while...

I second the whole wheat sandwich rounds and use them with two tbsp natural peanut butter with a sliced banana on top and then sprinkled with cinnamon for breakfast ... works out to be 7 points and keeps me full for quite a while.
Yep! An entire bag is 7 points and well worth it! I found a popcorn spray that has no calories, fat or carbs and use that along with Kernel Seasons Ranch.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Maybe check out a free site like Sparkpeople or Dailyplate to get you in the groove of counting things (calories instead of points) and being aware of what is in your food.

I did Sparkpeople for a while before switching to WW and it was pretty seamless when I made the switch.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #7  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Height: 5'4"

Here's my typical list:

Romain Lettuce
Bell Peppers (usually red...I love orage and yellow but they're pricey usually)
Cucumbers
Red Onions
Yellow Cherry Tomatos
Low Fat Feta Cheese
Light Salad Dressing

Nectarines, Peaches, Grapes, Banannas sometimes Apples
Frozen Black Berries and Frozen Raspberries
Fat Free Cool Whip

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
Turkey Tenderloins
Pork
Turkey sausage links (my fave)
Lean ground beef

Low Fat Yogurt
Low Fat Cheese
Turkey for sandwiches

Low Fat Peanut Butter

Oatmeal

If I get pasta I get the smart pasta...I hate wheat pasta but it's more enriched and better for you.

I get the "smart" white bread...hate wheat bread.

I occasionally get Bagel Thins and the Arnold thins.

I sometimes get the baked tostitos and salsa if we're going to have tacos so I can make a taco salad.

For veggies I'll get the low fat sour cream and the ranch dip mixes...they're really good.

Skim milk and then there's this Fat Free chocolate milk that doesn't taste like fat free milk, it's kind of expenisve but really good...I'll use that for my coffee.

I drink a lot of crystal light
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote