Old 02-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Default Thoughts on a body cleanse??

I've thought about the whole body cleanse thing, but I'm not even entirely sure what its purpose is. If I eat healthy, non-processed foods is that kind of the same? Is it healthy... not healthy?? I have no idea! Has anyone tried this, or thought about it??
Kristen81985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 251/238/151

Height: 5'5"

Yeah I did a liver cleanse and wouldnt recommend it. Cranberry juice, lemon juice, vinager and water every morning before eating. Certainly cleans you out, but you better plan on being home if you are doing a cleanse lol!
Ishisnowcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:15 PM   #3  

lol true, never thought of that.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #4  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I dont think a "cleanse" really does anything. Eating "clean"- eg whole grains, not processed food, even cutting things out that might be irritating you like milk or glucose, can have benefits simply because you are likely to be eating less chemicals and more fruits and vegetables! So if thats what your cleanse looks like, I'd say go for it, make it a lifestyle change! If its something like "only eat lemon juice for the first three days then add an apple" then yeah, not sure how thats supposed to benefit you
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #5  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Ive done a cleanse program called ********..you can go to ******** dot com to get linked to the testmonies and program..I did it for a month and lost about 20 ish pounds..it didnt involve starving. It did involve fasting but on those days your still drinking this cleanse juice..there is a lot of information on it.. I would reccomend this over fasting fasting..cause you get to eat veggies fruits,shakes..and etc..Is a little pricey but if its just for one month..then its not that bad..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I did a fruit and veggie cleanse once. I felt like crap for 3 days, lost 5 pounds and then of course gained it back when I started eating normally again since it was just water weight (and probably muscle wasting away since I had no energy to do anything but lie on the couch.)
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #7  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

I did the lemon cleanse once. I would never suggest that you do it.

Why? It's basically a 500-cal crash diet with bowel irritants that serve as laxatives. You'll lose weight but it'll be water, fiber, and the bacteria that help you digest real food. It's a "cleanse" in the way soap is a cleanse, and we don't swallow soap for the same reason we shouldn't consume nothing but lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper: it messes with your insides in a super-unnatural way.

There is one positive benefit to a cleanse, but it's a side effect: when you're done with it, it is much easier to go to a raw, vegan, or otherwise absurdly healthy/low-cal/"clean-burning" lowfat diet. This is because, of course, you've starved your body and it's in a fasted state. But you get the same effects just by eating raw fruits and vegetables for a few days, or in the induction phase of a low-fat diet plan.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #8  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Doctors say that if you're having regular bowel movements then a cleanse is completely unnecessary and can actually be harmful. Regular bowel movements are our body's natural way of cleansing.

So, basically what most of the other posters said: Not a good plan to do the crash diet cleanses, but eating clean, whole foods is always a good plan!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:08 PM   #9  

Thanks everyone! I think I'll just stick with eating healthy... that's a cleanse enough!