100 lb. Club - Normal weight plus dresses for the wedding pics

Eliana
02-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Alright, it's time for a thread! :carrot: LOL! And I'm having a "fat" day, which is really weird because I never have them. I've felt like this maybe 3-4 times this entire journey. I think I'm just tired. And it's odd. It doesn't help to go back and look at where I was. I think I figured out the psychology of it though. I am a very competitive person, but I don't enjoy competitive sports. :dizzy: My worst competitor is none other than my own self. So I am competing against myself...my current self, not my former self. But enough about that.

Yesterday I felt normal weight. Today I don't. But tomorrow I will again. :D

I'm posting these because last week I was lamenting that I had to go to this wedding with a bunch of family that doesn't see me often and are very judgmental. I really just want to blend in. I'm not look to make a splash. I wish I could just make everybody forget I ever got as big as I did.

On to pictures. I have a lot of respect for you mirror-photo folks. It's not easy! They're not the best quality, and I even cleaned my mirror first! But you can't tell.

For comparison:
Me at 235ish
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o166/operaeric/weight%20loss/DSC01567.jpg

Me at 175 (overweight thresh hold)
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o166/operaeric/weight%20loss/100_2976.jpg

Today's stats: 145 pounds

I can't believe I'm posting a sports bra photo. LOL!
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o166/operaeric/IMG_0477.jpg

Here is my "fat" pants photo, size 22. They were a bit big at my heaviest, but I wore them. I was between 20 and 22.
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o166/operaeric/IMG_0481.jpg

This is the dress for the rehearsal dinner. The skirt is a 4 from The Limited and I could use a 2 now, but it will work.
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o166/operaeric/IMG_0468.jpg

And here is the dress for the wedding. It's from Nordstroms and is an 8, which did not zip two weeks ago. :D
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o166/operaeric/IMG_0469.jpg

nitenurse
02-19-2011, 02:30 PM
all i can say is WOW, keep up the good work

TheBunneh
02-19-2011, 02:31 PM
You look terrific! And that blue dress is sooo pretty on you. :D

OhMyDogs
02-19-2011, 02:36 PM
you look FANTASTIC!!

AWESOME work!!

fattymcfatty
02-19-2011, 02:38 PM
I love the rehearsal dinner outfit. Is the skirt going to fit ok by the wedding? Is the wedding early next month???

Trazey34
02-19-2011, 02:43 PM
oooooooh noooooo i'm reaaaaaalllly sorrrrry :( You said you don't want to make a splash but holy F)(*^&^N' heck!!! You'll blend in fine, the dresses are both lovely, but if people haven't seen you since the first beach pic there's no way they're not going to notice the difference LOL Practice your nonchalant "oh yah, just got in shape a bit" speech!!!

MissKoo
02-19-2011, 03:00 PM
You have inspired me to stay on plan today!

Arctic Mama
02-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Your brain is on drugs if you cant tell how awesome you look. It's that simple.

As I guessed, the blue is stunning on you! You look so trim in the rehearsal getup, too, and look perfectly suited to working out in a sports bra. Nothing about you hearkens back to your heavier pictures.

Cute, feminine, tiny. Have a nice day, sweetie :)

FitGirlyGirl
02-19-2011, 03:37 PM
I hope I can look so good in a sports bra one day!

The dresses both look great on you. That blue dress is absolutely gorgeous! I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you won't get your wish, you will make a splash!

reptogirl
02-19-2011, 04:45 PM
wow you do look amazing...my favorite picture was the fat pants...which sadly enough i haven't wore a 20/22 in probably over a decade, i squeeze into a 28 usually..but that is inspiring...if i had a picture like that..it would go up on my fridge, and probably a few other places around the house...i love it

eclipse
02-19-2011, 04:51 PM
I really wish I had saved my biggest pants so I could take a picture like that. I was just so thrilled that they didn't fit anymore that I trashed them :lol:

You look awesome, btw.

Nola Celeste
02-19-2011, 05:04 PM
You look phenomenal from tip to toe!

I love that blue dress; the interleaving of the panels on the skirt is super-flattering and calls attention to both your little waist and your slim legs. And although I can see in your "before" picture that you never had big arms, they're really svelte now; they look especially shapely and toned in that sleeveless dress.

People will notice the weight loss--they couldn't help but notice it--but you are a whole package of looking healthy and vibrant, so it's only a part of the picture. I hope that you get a lot more "Wow, you look great!" comments than comments about your weight loss alone because you deserve them. You look good in toto, not just smaller.

I envy you your beautiful comforter, by the way. Our cats would never let us have something that nice, the jerks. :D

seagirl
02-19-2011, 05:05 PM
You look amazing!!! Look how strong you are!

Eliana
02-19-2011, 05:37 PM
You can always count on this place for the loveliest of comments. :D

Fattymcfatty, the skirt should work, yes. ;) It certainly fits well. Since I still want to lose 10 pounds yet it's hard to settle into a skirt that's even just a little big. I'm trying not to really buy any clothes yet. So I could buy a 2, but it'd be snug.

Trazey, thanks! :D They have not seen me since that pic, nope. LOL!

Misskoo, I'm glad I inspired you today! I've been so inspired by before/after pictures on these boards.

Artic, you always just so sweet! "Cute, feminine, tiny." I love those words! I really liked the color of the blue dress too, and it goes well with my favorite sapphire rings.

Fitgirlygirl, you'll be rockin' a sprots bra in no time! LOL! I would never wear it out in public. I just post pictures! LOL! I feel naked enough in my sleeveless body hugging workout tops.

Reptogirl and Eclipse, I've always wanted to do that standing-in-the-big-pants photo. I kept two pair for that purpose and am really glad I did. It's a lot of fun to put them on and imagine the belly filling them out. It's really hard to wrap the brain around and it provides tangible proof. I'm so very proud of how far I've come.

Nola, my arms were quite large in the first photo, you just can't see them. I'd say they were around 14 inches. Now they're 11 inches. All I know is the doctor was starting to take out the hidden big cuff to take my BP and I was mortified. My arms are my favorite part of my body now. I feel like they're slender and they have just the shape I want them to have. And I can flex them! I love feeling and looking strong.

You guys are all so awesome! Thanks always for the encouragement you give to all each and every day here.

Laffalot
02-19-2011, 06:23 PM
:D YAHOO! AWESOME!! YIPPEE! HOORAY!! WAY TO GO!! ATTA GIRL!! :dance: Oh, yes you will be noticed & rightfully so! So proud of you..........you are an inspiration for sure. Love both outfits too. Good on you! You have a great time at that wedding. :)

Gale02
02-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Aie-chee-wawa!! You look fantastic!

Bunti
02-19-2011, 07:42 PM
You look terrific, and the clothes do too.

JenMusic
02-19-2011, 07:48 PM
You look great! I hope looking great gives you that little "boost" you might need to get through the wedding stuff. ;)

evilwomaniamshe
02-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Eliana-
Hot Dayum! Look at you- Ya lil "HOT TAMALE"! :) I LOVE your "mermaid look" you fitting into just ONE pants leg now, wowsa that is a classic photo of you looking like a mermaid! :)
Way to sport the 'sports bra, you look fit & fabulous! :)
You are rockin both outfits, infact you just may upstage the bride! ;)
Your relies JAWS are gonna drop when they see the new & improved Eliana! :) Strut your stuff girl- cuz girl- you so got it goin on! :) True story! Have fun & dance your @ss off, are you going to bring a hot date on your arm to the wedding? You worked hard and it shows, just take a gander at your legs from before to now, continue on chicka, continue on.... & no more short wedgie either, like in your before picture, those days are long gone! :)

time2loseit
02-19-2011, 08:28 PM
You look fantastic!

Eliana
02-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Eliana-
Hot Dayum! Look at you- Ya lil "HOT TAMALE"! :) I LOVE your "mermaid look" you fitting into just ONE pants leg now, wowsa that is a classic photo of you looking like a mermaid! :)
Way to sport the 'sports bra, you look fit & fabulous! :)
You are rockin both outfits, infact you just may upstage the bride! ;)
Your relies JAWS are gonna drop when they see the new & improved Eliana! :) Strut your stuff girl- cuz girl- you so got it goin on! :) True story! Have fun & dance your @ss off, are you going to bring a hot date on your arm to the wedding? You worked hard and it shows, just take a gander at your legs from before to now, continue on chicka, continue on.... & no more short wedgie either, like in your before picture, those days are long gone! :)

Shorts wedgie! LOL! Aren't those lovely? I was forever tugging down my shorts.

DixC Chix
02-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Girrrrrl, you have got it going ON!!! You have worked.so.hard. Wow...just WOW!

Great and classy choices for the wedding. The blue petal dress is ab-so-lute-ly perfect. And I think the pearl grey blouse is layered fabic too? Nice!

I immediately thought of a song that should be playing when you enter the company of your relatives (just like in the movies):

I'm too sexy for my shirt too sexy for my shirt
So sexy it hurts
And I'm too sexy for Milan too sexy for Milan
New York and Japan

And I'm too sexy for your party
Too sexy for your party
No way I'm disco dancing

I'm too sexy for my car too sexy for my car
Too sexy by far
And I'm too sexy for my hat
Too sexy for my hat what do you think about that

I'm too sexy for my too sexy for my too sexy for my

I'm too sexy for my cat too sexy for my cat
Poor pussy poor pussy cat
I'm too sexy for my love too sexy for my love
Love's going to leave me

And I'm too sexy for this song

Eliana
02-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Dix C, that's awesome! :D Thank you!

Charms
02-19-2011, 10:10 PM
You look stunning and will knock them dead. And from the sound of it they deserve to be knocked around a bit.

Enjoy your success :carrot:

GirlyGirlSebas
02-20-2011, 12:44 AM
Eliana, you look absolutely stunning in that blue dress!

caitybates
02-20-2011, 01:29 AM
that dress is beautiful and so are you!! you really look amazing :)

goal4agirl
02-20-2011, 01:48 AM
Eliana you look so wonderful! You mention feeling like you are having a fat day...girl there is nothing fat about you! That is in the past. You are an adorable petite woman. The dress is so beautiful on you. Enjoy- you have certainly earned it!!

Loving Me
02-20-2011, 04:26 AM
Eliana, you look amazing! Those last 30lbs have made such a huge difference.
Go to that wedding, hold your head high and be proud of just how far you've come and how much you've achieved, and make sure you strut your stuff!
You've made me think I really should get some pics taken in my one before outfit I've kept. And we're going to a family dinner today so I could get some taken in my dress and heels as well to compare!

kaebaka
02-20-2011, 07:52 AM
Definitely a terrific dress, and you look amazing in both outfits! I agree that the blue color is just absolutely spectacular, and sapphire accessories with it sounds great. Your arms really do look so slender and toned, you definitely should be proud of them (and all the rest of you! :)). Good luck dealing with your family!

Angie
02-20-2011, 10:06 AM
You look amazing in both! I saw that blue dress online from Nordstroms and was admiring it. They both really flatter your new fit body. I hope you can enjoy the attention you'll get at the wedding, you deserve accolades for all the hard work you've done. :)

Shytowngal
02-20-2011, 04:12 PM
You look stunning and SO in shape! Your arms look wonderful, not too big at all!

PaulaM
02-20-2011, 11:49 PM
You look wonderful in that dress!

Nikki6kidsmom
02-21-2011, 02:28 AM
Both outfits look awesome. And you have some nice freakin' arms on you girlfriend!!! If I were you I might add a chunkier necklace to the skirt outfit to dress it up a little more but I am a jewelry person and wish I was close enough to loan one of my many pieces. You look THIN and both outfits compliment your small waist so well. Not sure how you feel about makeup but adding some extra color for the special occasion would be good too. The makeup artist on the show What Not To Wear has some great tips if you need inspiration. Your are so beautiful and I know you will look and feel GREAT!

Eliana
02-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Both outfits look awesome. And you have some nice freakin' arms on you girlfriend!!! If I were you I might add a chunkier necklace to the skirt outfit to dress it up a little more but I am a jewelry person and wish I was close enough to loan one of my many pieces. You look THIN and both outfits compliment your small waist so well. Not sure how you feel about makeup but adding some extra color for the special occasion would be good too. The makeup artist on the show What Not To Wear has some great tips if you need inspiration. Your are so beautiful and I know you will look and feel GREAT!

You can tell I have on no makeup? LOL! That's so funny. That's exactly what my mom said, only I didn't take it as well from her. :rolleyes: From her I just wanted a "You're beautiful, honey." Funny how from you I'm actually considering wearing some. Why are we always rebellious teenagers with our mothers?

And really, you think a bigger necklace even with the belt? The belt is pretty chunky itself. Wouldn't it be fun exchanging jewelry though? :D

Emme
02-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Eliana ~ You look amazing!!! You should be so proud of yourself. You look so wonderful. :)

Nikki6kidsmom
02-21-2011, 02:31 PM
You can tell I have on no makeup? LOL! That's so funny. That's exactly what my mom said, only I didn't take it as well from her. :rolleyes: From her I just wanted a "You're beautiful, honey." Funny how from you I'm actually considering wearing some. Why are we always rebellious teenagers with our mothers?

And really, you think a bigger necklace even with the belt? The belt is pretty chunky itself. Wouldn't it be fun exchanging jewelry though? :D

Oh yes , yes ,yes I know exactly what you mean about our Mother's as mine thinks she is the fashion police herself. She will scold me over looking too young at times and say I need to remember I do have 6 kids (like I would ever forget). If you are not very comfortable in make up keep it simple. A shimmery natural eye shadow, brown mascara , a light colored blush and a tinted lip gloss would help your features POP in pictures without looking too made up.

I know the tiny little skirt outfit could pull off a chunkier necklace something in the black and silver colors in the outfit. Possibly something with some sort of larger center pendant to complete the look. But ultimately do what makes you feel confident.

I am jealous in a friendly way over your arms. They look awesome. I do so much arm work and still have a good bit of hanging skin (over 4 " in the upper arms) I will have to have surgically removed in time to get them looking normal. So be proud of those smokin' hot arm Girl!

Eliana
02-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Nikki, thanks. ;) I really am proud of my arms, but it took me a while to get there. I have been so, so very blessed with good skin throughout this journey. Everything tightened up for me. I don't take it for granted. I know many are not so lucky.

I can't believe how skinny my arm looks in the sports bra pic. LOL! I think it must be because it's fuzzy. I AM proud of my arms, don't get me wrong. But dang it looks skinny in that pic! And my arms are really not that skinny. I should take another pic of me popping my guns. :D I have them!

ShylahEQ
02-21-2011, 03:50 PM
definitely a chunkier neck for the skirt outfit. totally agree there!

Smiling_Sara
02-21-2011, 10:21 PM
dang girl!! you look amazing!

Terre
02-21-2011, 11:04 PM
OMG!!! Its been a while since I have checked in and I saw this and you look AMAZING!!!!! great job!

VickieLou
02-21-2011, 11:53 PM
Eliana You Look Fantastic! I Love the blue dress. I'm partial to blue. You will Wow your relatives. You look great in the rehersal dress too! Have A Great Time! Thanks for sharing your before and after pictures. Your such an Inspiration to me! Your almost to your Goal Weight!

losermom
02-23-2011, 07:00 PM
There is no way that nobody will take notice of your stunning figure! You look hawt in the blue dress and I second the suggestion of a chunkier necklace. Do you own a pair of metallic or nude colored heels? That would put that dress over the top. Either way, you look awesome!

Eliana
02-23-2011, 09:42 PM
There is no way that nobody will take notice of your stunning figure! You look hawt in the blue dress and I second the suggestion of a chunkier necklace. Do you own a pair of metallic or nude colored heels? That would put that dress over the top. Either way, you look awesome!

Pft! I own exactly three pair of shoes...those heels, a pair of ankle "boots" and my tennis shoes. The only thing bad for me about losing this weight is that my feet went from almost medium width back to insanely narrow. I had to scrap all my shoes and insanely narrow shoes are really expensive. The black ones I'm wearing in the picture are narrows and they're doctored up with TWO foam inserts to keep my toes from coming out the front.

Some day! But I'm in need of real clothes first.

sperrin1
02-23-2011, 10:09 PM
You look amazing! I lovelovelove the blue dress!

mdchick88
02-23-2011, 10:49 PM
oh.my.god. You look amazing!!!!! And I love that blue dress! Also love that picture of you in one leg of your old pants, that's so awesome! You've come so far, and you look fantastic.

IslaAzure
02-24-2011, 01:56 AM
you rock!