Old 02-18-2011, 10:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/see ticker/150

Height: 4'11"

Default Fiber helps? How often should we go?

Ok, I hate to bring this up but...

I'm taking the fiber drinks once a day, I eat my veggies, green too. But I'm not... you know... going.

Is three + days normal?

Can I add metamucil to get more fiber, and would that help?
FloridaKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

I add benefiber sticks to three of my HNS daily, and go every day.

I would say if you went 3+ days before MRC, then your body is in its normal rhythm...if you went more...then take fiber or something to help. Dr Oz said we should go every 1-3 days on his show.

Are you eating lots of cheese? I find when I eat lots I don't go.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:36 AM   #3  

no, no dairy at all. i guess before the diet i only went every 2 or 3 days, i just thought by eating healthier, i should be going now. i'll add some benefiber or metamucil to see if that helps.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:08 AM   #4  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

wait, i am confused...shouldn't we go everyday???
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Before my diet, I went every day sometimes three times a day. Now, I am lucky to go every two days. I thought this was abnormal, but the center told me that I am not making as much waste as I used to because my body is using the food for fuel. So, now, if I feel like I "should" go, i.e. my colon feels full, but I can't seem to go, I drink fiber and that usually does the trick for me in a couple hours. Granted, it doesn't work every time, but to me that means I need to drink more water.

I am finding this balance thing a work in progress. Last night, I had steak for dinner, and I woke up this morning feeling like it was still in my stomach. I really felt like junk. I almost always feel like this after eating red meat. So, I try to avoid, but my husband likes his weekly steak and I didn't feel like cooking myself anything different. Oh, well, off for a run to see if that will make me feel better.
evinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #6  

well i went to the walgreens to pick up some fiber stuff, and I talked to the pharmacist. he said that a reduction in calories does cause less roughage but i still need to be going. i was going to get a laxative, though i don't feel constipated, but he said you can't do that daily. so i'm gonna start with taking fiber one tablets to get more fiber.

I'm not taking it tonight though, cause we have a concert tomorrow at the daytona 500, and i REFUSE to use a port-a-potty.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

Have fun at the 500. My hubby won tickets but can't go b/c he is working. To be able to get things moving I drink at least 1 fiber drink a day, eat mor eraw than cooked vegetables, and was told by mrc that your efa (mine is flaxseed) so help move things along. I hope this helps.
karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #8  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Peter Gillham Natural Calm does so many wonderful things to make us feel better (a magnesium supplement taken as a hot drink that absorbs QUICKLY into your system), and a nice side effect is it will make you go (sometimes within 30 minutes)! I love this product. You can purchase inexpensively online. I like the sweet lemon flavor. Try it!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #9  
Started IP: 4/4/2014

S/C/G: 154/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0''

Red face

Metamucil and fiber supplements were a little too much for me. The taste and the texture made me want to puke.

I have found better success with tea. Whenever I need assistance, I will drink one cup of "Smooth Move" tea. I bought it at Whole Foods. It has a mild taste, similar to green tea. It is easy to drink. If you drink it in the evening, you'll go as soon as you wake up in the morning. This worked for me because I knew what to expect. No surprises when I was at work or running errands.
Chrztina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #10  

I'll try one of those. I took the fiber tablets yesterday after our concert, and again today, and still nothing. All it does is give me a little gas.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #11  
Started program June 2010

They also have internal cleanser supplements at the center. They are supposed to help if you take 2 in the morning and 2 at night. One lady that goes to the center swears by them. I have used them a couple times. They seemed to help the first time, but not so much the second. Anyway, if you have no other options, it might help you.
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #12  
Started IP: 4/4/2014

S/C/G: 154/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrztina View Post
Metamucil and fiber supplements were a little too much for me. The taste and the texture made me want to puke.

I have found better success with tea. Whenever I need assistance, I will drink one cup of "Smooth Move" tea. I bought it at Whole Foods. It has a mild taste, similar to green tea. It is easy to drink. If you drink it in the evening, you'll go as soon as you wake up in the morning. This worked for me because I knew what to expect. No surprises when I was at work or running errands.
I was mistaken. My tea is called "Get It Going". My mom drinks "Smooth Move" and it has more of a licorice taste. Get It Going has the mild, easy to drink flavor.
Chrztina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #13  

tried smooth tea. it worked a little, but gave me gas more than anything. i weighed in today and was down 1.5, and she recommended the smooth tea also. so I'll eep trying that.

Thanks for all y'alls help.