Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

Default The dreaded cellulite!

I've been told that nothing keeps away cellulite no matter what. But today i just noticed that my cellulite has reduced. I still have it, but there's more proof that working out does effect cellulite. How many other people have cellulite? I had it for I don't know how long. Runs in the family. I couldn't wear shorts when I was younger because I was soooo self-conscious of my chunky chunk chunk legs. Those who don't have cellulite, don't rub it in our faces! Lucky ducks
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Sadly, I have heard the same thing. Once the fat deposits are there, there's not much you can do ~ short of medical procedure.

I have had it on my buttocks and back of my thighs for as long as I can remember. I call it my "hail damage". I am so self conscious of it.
Koolmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #3  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

I didn't have cellulite until age 20 and about 130 lbs. I'm a little under that now and the cellulite hasn't disappeared, but it doesn't seem to be lessening. I think as BFP decreases, fat is pulled out of everywhere including thigh skin -- it's basically unnoticeable now -- but cellulite "cells" never really go away. Hope that helps!
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

I never had problems with celluliate until I hit around 230, it got really noticeable when I reached my max weight, and then got even more noticeable when I started losing for some strange reason. Thankfully when I hit about 210 it started to disappear. There is still some cellulite there but it isn't nearly as wide spread and what is there is a lot less noticeable. I think if you keep losing and you eat healthy it should eventually disappear or fade to the point that it is hardly noticeable. It's definitely a good sign that at 260 your already starting to see it disappear, you may luck out and completely get rid of it.

Last edited by niafabo; 02-18-2011 at 09:54 PM.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 219.5/214/145

Height: 5' 2

my child is only 130 lbs and still has a little on her thighs, but i have had other friends lose it all with the lb loss...
jewelswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Oh since this thread made me question what cellulite is and what causes it I decided to do some research. Basically it is just fat trapped near the surface of the skin. It is extremely common for women and affects like 9/10 women regardless of their weight. It can be caused by genetics, a hormonal disbalance, what you eat, or even what type of clothing you wear. Whether or not it will disappear depends on how your body uses and stores fat even plastic surgery has not been proven to make it go away. Wearing tight clothing will most likely make it worse and eating healthy usually results in an improvement but if you have it there is nothing you can really do about it. Either your body will get rid of it on it's own or it won't. :/
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 219.5/214/145

Height: 5' 2

Well that is discouraging.. but at least we know. thanks
jewelswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

There hadsomethingon the tyra show about cellulite. These women were using some kind of nivea cream to reduce cellulite. They claimed it worked, but who knows. It's probably like diet pills, some say they work, some say they don't. I guess it depends on whether your body accepts or rejects it.
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:34 PM   #9  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Cardio 4 days/wk, Heavy Weight training (and I mean serious...NO PINK weights..lol), diet high in protein, low in calories, fat and sodium = low bodyfat% = no cellulite!

Cellulite is just visceral fat...it's not some magical substance that impervious of removal...fat must be burned...cellulite is not excluded from this rule. That said, due to genetics or other factors, one person may be more "prone" to cellulite in greater quantities than the next. It may also be a fact that cellulite may want to hang around longer on some people more than the next person. However, eventually...all FAT must go!!! So stick with your program...a program designed to REDUCE body fat...not just body weight, and you WILL rid yourself of the dreaded CELLULITE!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote