Lighten Up! - thing i did to 'lose weight' that don't work

katy trail
02-18-2011, 03:39 PM
i was out of acne stuff, and decided i should walk to the store. it felt like a great idea at the time. i felt desperate to lose the weight so thinking of something i needed to buy was really just an excuse to walk really far. (well i think it was about 1 or 2 miles.) and across a pretty busy highway.

i'm still not a consistent exerciser, but nothing is going to change from just 1 day, and i didn't gain it all in 1 day either.

ah, fooey. i can't edit the title to say things.

Ruthxxx
02-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Katy, I think if you click on Thread Tools a menu will drop down allowing you to edit. If not, PM me and I'll change the title for you.

Nightmare
04-08-2011, 01:16 PM
i was out of acne stuff, and decided i should walk to the store. it felt like a great idea at the time. i felt desperate to lose the weight so thinking of something i needed to buy was really just an excuse to walk really far. (well i think it was about 1 or 2 miles.) and across a pretty busy highway.

i'm still not a consistent exerciser, but nothing is going to change from just 1 day, and i didn't gain it all in 1 day either.

ah, fooey. i can't edit the title to say things.

I'm not one for exercising, but as of late I've been trying to do things to "step out of my comfort zone" and a lot of it is keeping busy.
Just try and find something that you enjoy doing and stick to it. Do you like to walk? Go mall walking, go walking with a friend on a weekly basis, go walking around the neighborhood after a meal. Or play a sport. I've just signed up to be an asst. coach for my son's homeschool group with my husband, so it's moving around. Plus, I play catch with my son every day....it's moving. Plus, I'm getting the grounds prepared for a boy's club campout on our land, that's moving.
Just find something you like to do. Just move! :dance::dancer::running:

You'll be just fine.
Baby step after baby step and you will see your results.

Don't beat yourself up, look at the weight you've already lost!! You're doing fantastic.

Kelli

MusicalJess
04-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Aww :) I love walking. I've started walking to work when I'm doing an evening shift. Its about 2.5 miles...and it gives me an excuse to cut through the shopping centre and buy myself some tea. I work at McDonalds so if I don't do that I'll be really tempted to have a cheeseburger or whatever. So I normally get a WW salad or wrap or some yummy sushi and take that. :D

I've found that I do it in 3/4 the time when I've got my music on. So maybe walk more with an MP3 player? Try and do a good walk twice a week at least and maybe a couple of mini-walks on all the rest of the days. i.e.: pop to the shop, walk down the street and back, etc. I also read an article that said you should run up and down your stairs 4 times at least twice a day. I'm gonna start doing that! Maybe when noone else is around though or I'll look like a right mad head!