Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - pita pockets

View Full Version : pita pockets

katy trail
02-18-2011, 03:17 PM
i love these, hadn't bought them for awhile. these are great for lunches! and i love that it helps keep portions controlled.

any other chickies love these too? what's your fav. way to eat them? my fav. is filled with hummus or curry w/tons of veggies.

tattoodles
02-18-2011, 03:33 PM
I make STAB (spinach, tomato, avacado, bacon) pita sandwiches with just a tiny bit of light mayo.

Ladybird1990
02-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Hi, I too, love the pita pockets. I buy the wheat honey pack and cut them into fourths and seperate so they are one layer thick, place on a cookie sheet, spray with butter flavored PAM, sprinkle with Mrs. Dash spices and bake until dry (350 for 30 min). Love to eat these 'chips' with garlic hummus and carrots---sounds good right now!

Spinach
02-19-2011, 05:35 PM
pizzas... chopped tomato, italian herbs, a sprinkle of cheese

Ladybird ~ I've done the chip thing before, but your version sounds tasty, I'll have to try it!

Chrztina
02-19-2011, 10:57 PM
I love pitas. I usually stuff them with a mix of raw veggies - spinnach, red peppers, onions, mushrooms and sprouts are my faves, with a spread of hummus.

Beware though - just last week I realized that my pita's serving size is for only 1/2 a pita. So, I had my calories wrong. Eh! It's still better than other things I could have chose.