Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-18-2011, 11:40 AM   #1  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

Default weight loss rewards on a budget?

im not sure if im posting this in the right forum, admin please move it if its wrong
i just started my weight loss journey and have seen a lot of people on here with rewards they will get themselves if they meet their goals, i really like this idea of treating myself if i achieve my mini goals, not with anything edible though lol. but im on a really tight budget, so wondering if anyone has any tips on treats that are inexpensive? i know it depends on what i want to get myself, but all i can think of within my budget so far is nail polish and these comfy boots ive seen. im quite girly but dont wear make up often so that wont really work for me. any suggestions appreciated!
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #2  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

What sorts of things are you interested in?
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #3  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

what about used gym equipment or fitness videos? we've gotten all our home gym equip. from goodwill and craig's list. weights at goodwill are fairly easy to find, and much cheaper than new for example. tons of fitness dvds on ebay. or get some workout clothes from thrift stores. that's the kinda stuff i like to do. keep me motivated to workout.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 304/186.0/150

Height: 5.0

This morning I was down 90lbs and I treated myself to 2 new bras that were 25% off. President's Day sale. What about shoes or purses? TJ Maxx has great deals. Lol

Last edited by Jonesie; 02-18-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Jonesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:59 AM   #5  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

well im interested in reading so i thought new books would be a good idea, gym equipment is a good one but i already have a cross trainer/ bike plus weights so dont really need any, although exercise vids are a good one! i like the idea of my treats being related to weight loss (ie, exercise vids).
jonesie i think its called tk maxx where i am (uk) we have one near me that i always forget about, will have to go there and see what they have.
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #6  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I think it's a great idea to celebrate mini goals to encourage yourself.

I have no good ideas for how to do so but I'll be reading along looking for good ideas.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:39 PM   #7  

I have a necklace I am making, one bead for every pound lost. I am using pearls, but bead shops have a fabulous array of beads and each one could be unique!

I knew a lady once who bought a tea light for every pound. She was planning on light them all up at the end and photographing it. You could collect something that interests you, small frogs, earrings, anything that could make up a collection and would serve as a reminder of the loss.

Last edited by martinimouse; 02-18-2011 at 12:44 PM.
martinimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Well you could give yourself a day off from your workout when you reach a goal or take yourself somewhere cheap like the beach, an art museum, a science center, the movies, camping, a hike, or something. If you have a little money you could buy yourself a new outfit or get your hair or nails done, you know just something to make yourself feel really pretty. I usually just use pride and a little comment in my signature to reward myself so I'm sorry if I'm not that good with suggestions. XD
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Height: 5'7

One of the inexpensive things I am going to get myself for getting to a mini-goal. If a regular manicure is too expensive, then you can get one done pretty cheaply at a beauty school!

I only have treats figured out for 2 of my minigoals, the manicure is the first one, and then my 3rd minigoal, which is 100lbs lost, is a $70 bottle of perfume (which is socially conscientious).
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

If you like to read, what about just going and getting a library book for a mini goal? They are free!

But trips to the library for me, take a while...but are relaxing to browse and be in the quiet...so it would be a nice reward...and wouldn't cost you anything!
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #11  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

How about a spa day at home? Take a long bath, do your nails, read a nice book, take time for yourself etc.? I actually prefer that to fancy spas.
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:17 PM   #12  
present!

S/C/G: 200/174/145

Height: 5'3"

Books are a good one, if you don't have a discount book store or a paperback exchange, Amazon has hundreds of books for very little cash and the Kindle reader software works on pretty much any computer (I've even got the reader on my mobile phone).
I buy books at Goodwill, which is where I go for my rewards! They have 99 cent tag day on Sundays and Mondays in my area. Each time I go I walk out with 4 or 5 pieces of clothing for what I would have thoughtlessly spent on a fast food meal or a few cups of fancy coffee. Plus there is the reward of pulling size 12 pants off the rack and fitting in them!

edited to add ~ I also feel better shrinking out of clothes that I haven't spent a lot of money on and wearing clothes that fit is more flattering no matter what your size. Looking good and feeling good about how I look is a huge reward for me as well!

Last edited by Spinach; 02-18-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Spinach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

One thing you could do everytime you hit a mini goal put 5-10$ in a jar. Then when you say hit a major goal usethat money for something you have wanted to save up for.

I am saving up for a vacation, camera lens, tattoo, bikini! They are a bit more expensive but money adds up fast when you star putting it aside.

One thing I do too is jeans, when the belt just wont hold? I wait for a mini
goal I buy a new belt or jeans that fit. You could do jewelry, new workout gear! Water bottle, weights, new movie, game, craft set.
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #14  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinimouse View Post
I have a necklace I am making, one bead for every pound lost. I am using pearls, but bead shops have a fabulous array of beads and each one could be unique!
That's SUCH a cool idea I want to make one now!

You could also do a charm bracelet and add one charm for every 5 lbs or 10 lbs lost
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #15  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

I don't have mini-goals. For me, it's one pound at a time. That said, my "treat" is new clothing in a smaller size. Yes, I need them as the larger size becomes too big, but I let myself have *ONE* nice thing in the midst of transitional pieces of clothing.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote