Old 02-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/181/150

Height: 5'4

Default doing this on the cheap in a new city

So I was doing this diet at the end of summer and was pretty successful but then the colder months came and I just taaaaannnnnkkked so I'm going back on it next month BUT I'm also moving to another state for work.

Here's my dilema-in an effort to save money because of the move and all that jazz ALSO because I have no sense of direction and little faith that I'll ever leave my new apartment to explore and learn the city, make friends, see the light of day, etc. I'm looking for tips to do this without a coach. I've already checked the link where all the products are listed and I'm ecstatic that the chocolate soy balls are available on one but I was wondering if anyone could recommend any ready to drink shakes. I tried to the EAS (?) shakes...they're purple and silver...but I wasn't a fan of the taste. Can anyone recommend one for me to try that's maybe comparable to the IP shakes?

Help me not be a fatty in Philly!
serendipity04080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 318/291/220

Height: 6'3.5

Default Shakes

Isopure Zero Carb Dutch Chocolate is the one that I'm fixing to replace my chocolate shakes with because it has 52 servings but you can half those and still have more protein than the IP shakes, so you would then have a 104 servings. That is 5 weeks worth of shakes for under a 100 if you order off one of the guys off of amazon. Just google it and it is a lot cheaper on amazon than GNC. It has no carbs, digests better, and has more protein.
Sandman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:31 AM   #3  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

I don't mind the Premier shakes at Costco...just wish they would start carrying Vanilla and not just chocolate. The Atkins shakes are a little thicker and richer and I enjoy those too. Find them at Walmart in Canada. Good luck in your new job and have a terrific IP journey.
CBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity04080 View Post
So I was doing this diet at the end of summer and was pretty successful but then the colder months came and I just taaaaannnnnkkked so I'm going back on it next month BUT I'm also moving to another state for work.

Here's my dilema-in an effort to save money because of the move and all that jazz ALSO because I have no sense of direction and little faith that I'll ever leave my new apartment to explore and learn the city, make friends, see the light of day, etc. I'm looking for tips to do this without a coach. I've already checked the link where all the products are listed and I'm ecstatic that the chocolate soy balls are available on one but I was wondering if anyone could recommend any ready to drink shakes. I tried to the EAS (?) shakes...they're purple and silver...but I wasn't a fan of the taste. Can anyone recommend one for me to try that's maybe comparable to the IP shakes?

Help me not be a fatty in Philly!
i would move your question to the Alternative thread and read, read, read liberally as linden would say.
rondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:12 AM   #5  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

[QUOTE=serendipity04080;3717723]
This is the only IP substitute I've ever used, when my stuff got hung up in the mail in the states, and I liked it a lot. I think it's actually 64 servings @ 25 g protein per.

Syntrax Nectar Protein Drinks (2.2 Lb)
Item #: nectar
4.8 out of 5 stars with 32 reviews(32)
Flavors: Chocolate Truffle, Vanilla Bean Torte, Roadside Lemonade, Lemon Tea, Apple Ecstasy, Latte Cappuccino, Caribbean Cooler, Crystal Sky, Fuzzy Navel, Strawberry Kiwi, Twisted Cherry, Strawberry Mousse.
2.2 lb/36 Servings
List Price: $49.95
Our Price: $34.99
Save: $14.96 (30%)

Last edited by Linden; 02-18-2011 at 06:35 AM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #6  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
I don't mind the Premier shakes at Costco...just wish they would start carrying Vanilla and not just chocolate. The Atkins shakes are a little thicker and richer and I enjoy those too. Find them at Walmart in Canada. Good luck in your new job and have a terrific IP journey.
The Atkins shakes have 150 calories as opposed to IPs 100cal. What about the IP-to-go?
Mamadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:25 PM   #7  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

new lifestyle has a ready-to-drink that, I read here on 3FC, is identical to the IP RTD. They taste identical to me and are in identical aseptic packaging with the little straw. In addition to the chocolate and vanilla, there is another flavor, a mocha. I recall we are not supposed to do links here, so just google new lifestyle diet ready to drink.

Here is a copy of an email I received from them for a discount code (which expires 2.28.11) to get $35 off of any $200 order, plus they will give you free shipping if you order $200. They do a promotion like this fairly often.

In order to help keep costs down, we're giving you a coupon code that will save you $35 during the month of February. To take advantage of this savings, just add $200 or more worth of items to the shopping cart and use the coupon code: feb2011

I found their shipping to be very quick (2 days). If you order 3 cases, for a total of $202.50, then get the $35 off, each RTD costs $2.32 each. Once I found these, I stopped buying the rtd from my coach as those were twice the cost ($4.67 each).
the wonder cat is offline   Reply With Quote