Old 02-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/241/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Does anyone know?

Hi all!
I was trying to get my shopping list together and planning my meals for this next week.and I noticed that my Food Companion Book didn't show the points for Lean Cusine or Healthy Choice.

Does anyone know why or am I looking in the wrong place??

I wanted to use some coupons I have but I kind of want to know the points before I buy.Ughhh.....
homeschoolmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #2  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

I hadn't noticed that Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice was not listed in the Complete Food Companion! I have searched and cannot find those brands. I find Amy's, Weight Watchers (of course), and others...that I have never used but LC or HC. I stopped using the frozen meals because the points are so outrageous for most of them now. I will bring it up at my next meeting. Good luck to you!
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240ish/180/165

Height: 5'9"

I would assume it is because those other brands are a direct competitor for WW, whereas, Amy's is really a slightly different market. It would be really easy to calculate points on any frozen foods though, esp. those types of meals, since they have all of the ingredients clearly listed. If you don't have the hand-held calculator, hopefully you have the online tools!
sfree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2

I eat Lean Cuisines for lunch fairly often and the ones that I have eaten have been between 6-8 pts. On a side note, I am trying to wean myself off of them because I'm starting to feel hungry pretty soon after eating them...
digitalrequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240ish/180/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalrequiem View Post
I eat Lean Cuisines for lunch fairly often and the ones that I have eaten have been between 6-8 pts. On a side note, I am trying to wean myself off of them because I'm starting to feel hungry pretty soon after eating them...
This is the same range for the Amy's meals I get. I personally like Amy's frozen meals better than almost any I've ever had. Also, they seem to be more filling (more veggies and good carbs I think). But make sure to calculate them before you buy. If they are over 300 calories, they will be more points. Most meals between 260 and 320 seem to be 6-8 like the person above said! If you are interested in Amy's, I find them cheapest at Walmart, although they are still more than other brands. I have the veggie lasagna (8 points) or tamale (7 points) almost every day for lunch with raw green and red peppers and an apple as my 'sides'
sfree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #6  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschoolmom23 View Post
Hi all!
I was trying to get my shopping list together and planning my meals for this next week.and I noticed that my Food Companion Book didn't show the points for Lean Cusine or Healthy Choice.

Does anyone know why or am I looking in the wrong place??

I wanted to use some coupons I have but I kind of want to know the points before I buy.Ughhh.....
Whenever I go grocery shopping and I'm unsure about the points, I get on the web browser on my phone and check the points using free calculator I found. It's for points plus and old WW plans too. Here.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote