WW Clubs and Groups - #250 Bale of Turtles Keepin' On!

View Full Version : #250 Bale of Turtles Keepin' On!

Itryharder
02-17-2011, 10:34 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
02-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Hi Turtles,
I started this new thread because we had gotten long. Please check back to #249 because there are some new posts there. Then come back and post here.
Have a great day! :tread: :strong: :chef:
Judy
234.6/191.8/180's and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
02-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Hello everyone and happy Thursday to you all. Just a realy quick fly-by here since I am super busy at work this week. I managed to fall again yesterday morning and that really started my shoulder screaming so I went to the doctor late yesterday afternoon and he had me go for an xray, waiting to hear the results but it is very painful and I am hoping that they figure out what is wrong so that we can work on getting it fixed... I have W/I tonight a TOPS and I know it is not going to be good but will go and face the music and get on with it.

I will get back to the last thread when I have an extra minute to see what I missed.

Have a great day all!

Princess1122
02-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Well the good news is - is that there are no broken bones... the other side of other side of the coin is that I just need to suck it up and wait it out... med's, ice packs, and rest it is what the doctor says and if it does not start getting better then I have to go back but for now the coast is clear! Yah!

Have a great day everyone! Any new recipes from anyone? I need something new to try this weekend!

OMG... is it 65 degrees here today... we were below zero last week... how crazy is that! I will take it though and enjoy it while we have it.

Itryharder
02-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Yay Princess! So glad nothing was broken. I can only imagine how much it must hurt if you thought something might be broken. Feel better soon!
Judy

AuntLoopy
02-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Hi all! It's been a tough week, but ultimately a very good one.

Hubby went in for a colonoscopy recently, and they found a very large mass in his colon. It looked to be well-supplied with blood vessels, and for that reason it was believed to be malignant. However, by the time that surgery was performed on Tuesday, the tumor had almost completely detached itself; only a tiny thread of flesh held it to the colon, and the doctor described it as "dying". It was safely removed, and found to be completely benign. We're crediting this to divine intervention. Between the job situation and the health situation, we've been on a roller-coaster lately. But all's well that ends well. We'll feel better once the shock has worn off!

More shock of a good kind: because I'd taken Wednesday off from work to care for my hubby, I went to a morning WW meeting instead of my regular 4 p.m. meeting. I realize that this probably skewed the results, and I won't be surprised if I stay the same next week. But this week -- to my amazement -- I'd lost another 2 pounds! So that made my 10-pound milestone and only one more pound till 5%.

The tough thing is that every other week, I've had to give up one point due to weight loss. Started out with 34 points, down to 32 now. And believe me, I'm feeling the difference. I've felt intuitively (if you'll allow me to put on my chaplain collar for a moment, I think that it's an inspiration from God) to use neither my weekly allowance nor any activity points, and to fill out all the healthy eating boxes every single day. It certainly has made things more challenging, and makes each "lost" point more meaningful to me.

But I can't argue with the results: not just weight loss, but all kinds of lupus-related health benefits, a clear mind and a certain tranquility of spirit, and a fierceness about staying on the program "no matter what". I packed myself a little tote bag for the day of the surgery, with everything that I'd need to stay on program (except for skim milk and a green salad, which I knew would be available at the hospital commissary or at the 24-hour place down the street).

Anyways, just taking it one step at a time, and enjoying my latest "standard" restaurant meal: a Wendy's junior hamburger, small chili, and salad with fat-free French dressing for a total of 11 points. When I think that my favorite fast-food meal used to cost over 35 points...!!! :o

Itryharder
02-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Aunt Loopy, :goodscale: :bravo: :balloons: :carrot: :dancer: :dance:
You are having a fabulous weight loss! The very good news is that Weight Watchers will not drop you lower than 29 points plus. Even the skinniest gals at my mtg. all get 29 points-----and if they are on maintenance, they get points plus added back. It's great that you are checking the healthy guidelines, etc. All of this pays off. I am so happy that your dh has had a great outcome with the colonoscopy/surgery. Good things do happen! I am also so glad to hear about how you packed up food for the hospital stay and you're really working this program! :bravo:

Like you, I do not use my activity points, nor do I use my extra points for the week------well, sometimes I do-----but that's a binge. Let me restate that: I never plan to use my extra points for the week. A few of my local buddies and I are really revving up our attempts to stop the yo-yoing and knock off some weight. I visited my doctor yesterday and he took a blood test to see if any of my meds needed re-evaluating. I'll find out soon. In the meantime my dh and I walked the boardwalk at the :swim: for the first time since November. Great to be out in the fresh air again.

Wishing everyone a great weekend. Tomorrow night my dh and I are going to see a tango concert. We've never done anything like this before, so it should be interesting. Then on Saturday one of my dd's and I are going to a movie marathon-----we're going to watch 4 of the Oscar-nominated films. That should be wild. I don't know if I'll have the stamina, but I'm going to try and make it through. Sunday that same dd and grandson will come over and stay overnight since they both have the next day off from work/school. We'll be busy, but it all sounds good. I'll have to think of a crockpot recipe for the couple of weekend days.

Aunt Loopy----after the boardwalk (well, we got delayed because a line to our brakes broke on our car and we had to get to the car repair)---I was starving and trying to think of what I could put together quickly. The cold chicken I had stewed in the crockpot was perfect. Lean, tasty on a reduced bread sandwich. Yummy and it held me after I had some fruit as well.

I've got a stew recipe if anyone wants it. I haven't made it yet, but one of my friends thinks it is really good. It points out to about 7 points plus per serving----not too bad. I'll type it in if anyone wants it.
Made the French Onion Soup in my crockpot today----had it for dinner with a slice of bread and a T. parm cheese. VEry filling.

Gotta run----sorry I'm so long tonight.
Best of everything to everyone!
Judy

terrod99
02-18-2011, 07:18 AM
Sounds like everyone is on a lucky streak!!! Lots of good news! Yeah for everyone.

Aunt Loopy you are an inspiration! I'm sure you will be down that 1 more pound this week to make your 5%! You go!!!

I have to get back to the basics, been using too many of my weeklys. I feel better when I eat less, the night snacking bug has bit me and it wasn't something I usually do. But after going to the Y I feel hungry. Anyway planning is key.

Recipes discussed at my WW meeting this week were 1 point muffins, if you google WW 1 point muffins you should find the recipes. One is made with brownie mix , bran cereal everyone was raving about them. Might give them a try this weekend, will let you guys know if I do.

Well Friday is a half day so I'm off to work for part of the day then, probably do some grocery shopping, this seems to take longer trying to plan and purchase carefully.

On a happy note it is a long weekend here in Ontario!!! Have a great one!

Terri

bandit2
02-18-2011, 08:37 AM
Morning turtles:

Princess - so sorry to hear about your fall and glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been

I have 4 days off since we have regular holiday on Monday, so looking forward
to getting lots done. Heading into Toronto today to get my hair done and
meet dd so should be fun day.

I was down 1# at my weigh in and received "6 week no gain" recognition

Alll - nice job on your weight losses, keep up the good work & I will
catch up when I get a chance over the weekend.

Have a good weekend, everyone

Itryharder
02-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Bandit, :goodscale: :bravo: :dancer: :dance: :carrot: :balloons: :strong: :tread:
Bandit, what great news. No gain over 6 weeks is fabulous and to lose another pound this week is wonderful.. Have a great weekend with your dd and enjoy Toronto!

Terri, let us know how that recipe turns out. Good luck with your planning. :chef:

Today I'm looking forward to walking on the boardwalk again and then dh and I are going to see a Tango exhibit tonight. Should be fun.

Everybody have a great weekend.
Judy

Princess1122
02-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Hello everyone and happy Friday! Went to W/I at TOPS and stayed for the meeting last night... I had stayed the same there but my weight there is different from what WW had me at the last time I was there for W/I so staying the same at TOPS is not a really good thing... I am trying to get back on track and figure out what I can do at the gym that will not make my shoulder hurt worse or my neck/back issue get worse, the fall has started that hurting again so I want to keep it low key but do SOMETHING... thinking swimming is going to be it for a while so I will try and get that fit it a couple of nights a week.

Have a ton of things to do this weekend so most likely will not be online much but have a great one everyone!

Bandit: Have a fabulous time and congrats on the #!

Judy: Enjoy your outing with the hubs and tell us all about it!

Loopy: A huge sigh of relief over your outcome with the DH and his trials and trib's! Wow, that had to be the touch of God! Congrats on the 2#'s!

Terri: Congrats on getting so close to a goal! Fabulous! I will look up the muffine recipe, thanks!

I have to run... super busy again at work, not extra time at all lately!

life4evr
02-20-2011, 10:14 PM
So weigh in was today. I lost half a pound. Which is blah. I am just still feeling really unmotivated. I don't think I am drinking enough of water. Also I am drinking way too much caffeine. So next week will be better. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Princess1122
02-21-2011, 08:39 AM
Morning everyone and happy Monday! DH and I had a nice but busy weekend... went to see the grandbaby Saturday afternoon then met with some friends for dinner and a movie... I had fish, vegetables and a salad - did the best I could since we went to an Italian Restaurant. Then we went to see "Just Go With It" - very funny and enjoyable movie. So overall eating was not bad but I did not get in any exercise either... will keep at it!

Life: I feel ya! I am lacking motivation also... but I will keep chugging along till it clicks again.

Have a great day all!

CherryAutumn
02-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Sorry i havent been around much lately. We are in the middle of getting ready to move and i have been dealing with what i think is some Gallbladder issues. I have had gallbladder problems before. Anyway i just try not to completly give up sometimes.

AuntLoopy
02-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Hi all! Just got home from the markt. I heard there was going to be more snow while I was at my mom's apartment, cutting her cat's nails. "Baby" (real name: Naomi) is a former throwaway who appeared on the church steps one morning in a box -- she gave Mom the innocent look and before we knew it, we took up special collections at her church and mine to pay for the extra security deposit for Mom's senior housing, and to have Baby spayed and vaccinated. Mom does so much for her own congregation, where she is the unpaid assistant pastor in charge of the day-to-day stuff (the actual on-the-record pastoring is being done by an ancient retired minister and me, because I'm ordained and Mom has a provisional license). She's also active with the Food Bank, is a chaplain for the Protestant residents of the local Little Sisters nursing home, leads Alpha and Emmaus courses in three states, falls off a roof at least once a year while working with Habitat, and is a board member of a mission hospital in the deepest "holler" in Kentucky! :dizzy: In her "spare time", she participates in activities at my church; because her congregation is too small and elderly to have a youth group, she brings two or three kids up with her to northern Delaware for our events.

Anyways, she's reached the age where she's addicted to the Weather Channel -- Mom retired as a CPA to the Plain community before becoming a minister -- so when the official estimate rose to 5 inches overnight, we did a last-minute trip to the farmer's market. We came home loaded down with the usual goodies plus a gift that Mom bought at the non-electric appliance stall to donate to my nursing home chaplaincy (where I'm also the chairperson of the Yarn Club, teaching easy knitting and crocheting techniques for residents with low vision and/or arthritis): a knitting machine! These are pricey when they're new, but this one is pretty darned old: the video instructions are on VHS.

Mom was reading the manual on the way home, and she fell in love with one of the tackiest sweater patterns that I've ever seen -- and that's saying a lot, because we're Pennsylvania Dutch. Check my icon above if you don't know what I'm talking about. ;) I made remarks about how the souls in you-know-where want a glass of cold water, too. But of course I'm already picking through my yarn box and making a list of stuff to trade in to the Yarn Club to get the two or three colors that I don't have yet.

I need to say from time to time that I've been blessed with a great family, a wonderful husband, a loving and close-knit community, and a job that I love. I don't deserve any of it -- I'm the usual mean-spirited and loud-mouthed Dutchie woman, and we might look innocent to the Englischers, but we're screaming harridans at home. Anyways, all of this and Weight Watchers too? More than I could ever have hoped for.

Princess1122
02-22-2011, 08:32 AM
Good morning everyone and a very happy Tuesday to you all! Winter is back here in the mid-west as I guess it is most everywhere... the warm temps and sunny sky is gone but it will come back soon, that is what I keep telling myself and I also bought a couple of spring potted flowers for the kitchen table and it is wonderful to look at them and think that soon summer will be here.

Eating is iffy and no exercise so far this week... I am still chugging along though!

Cherry: Great to see your post! Good luck with the move, those are stressful and hard but I have faith that you will get thru it!

Loopy: Wow! I grew up in Pa Dutch country so I totally understand what you are saying! My family moved to the Reading, Pa area when I was about 2 years old and I was there for the most part until I moved here in 1995. Man oh man but some days I would give my left arm for a good slice of Scrapple fried crisp! And a REAL ring of ring bologna! I could go on and on but this is the not best forum to talk about food that would never be mentioned in the same conversation as Weight Watchers... LOL.

Bandit: How are you doing? Read any new books lately? Have you read the "Outlander" series by Diana Gabeldone (sp?) They are huge historical fiction books but very good.

Judy: How are you doing? How was the event that you and DH were to go to last weekend?

Terri: How is it going up your way?

Life: What is new with you?

Lizzie: How are you doing? Would love to hear what you have been up to lately!

Hope I did not miss anyone... have a great day all!

bandit2
02-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Morning, turtles:

Princess - hey, I am going to movies tonight to see Just Go With It and glad you said it was good. There are 6 of us girls going, so should be fun.
Cold weather is back here as well, but we did have some warmer days which melted snow on my sidewalk/driveway so that is good.

I got in lots of walking so far this week. Friday in Toronto walked about 3 miles and both Mon/Tues got in another 3 mile walk at my centre. Eating
has been pretty good for the most part.

Sounds like you are all doing well, which is nice to hear.

Stay warm & lets all get in some extra exercise when we can!

Itryharder
02-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Life4evr, I am trying everything to get and stay motivated. It's not working all that great. I do extremely well, and then I blow it. I'm sending :goodvibes: to you that your click to get motivated sounds off real soon!

Cherry, really good to hear from you. Good luck with your move. Always good to see you here. :idea:

Lizzie, keep up your spirits. :grouphug:

Terri, how are you doing? :love:

Bandit, love that exercise! :tread: and :strong: Keep up the good work. Sounds like you're in for a loss this week. Yay.

Princess, keep on chugging------it'll catch soon. :goodvibes:

Aunt Loopy, you're doing great! Keep up the good work. :bravo: Love those posts!

As for me, the movie marathon was wonderful. My dd and I saw 4 movies in the theater on Saturday. That was after a tango exhibition my dh and I saw Friday night. Sunday and Monday the kids were here and the eating got to me. Even though I made a crockpot WW friendly dish for myself, I still ate too much. Even "watching" what I eat, adding in fruit when I'm hungry, I'm still lax enough to simply maintain my weight loss, not lose anything real. Struggling-----also lacked energy and the :tread: was too much effort to do more than 20 min. I'll have to rest up and then get back on the :tread:
Today is a new day. All our nice grass that was just peaking through is now covered with new snow. Enough already! Gotta run. Keep up the posts . I love to hear Turtles doing well. It makes me realize I can too.

Judy
234.6/191.8/thinner and 180's :cool:

Lizzie, keep up your spirits!

AuntLoopy
02-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi all!

Ah, Princess, you've captured the special challenge of dieting in Dutch Country -- the essinghaus, the hoagie shop, the volksmarkt! Did you see the "World's Dirtiest Kitchens" episode on scrapple? It reminded me of the old Dutchie joke:

An old dawdy retires to a house at the crossroads, and decides to open a general store. He makes the acquaintance of a tobacco salesman, and agrees to sell only the one brand of tobacco.

This relationship goes on for a few years, and then the salesman has a change of heart, prompted by a critical article about the quality of his product. He leaves the tobacco business, but one day receives a call from the store owner, who has hiked down to the nearest telephone booth (a mile away from the store) to inquire about further deliveries.

The salesman tells the elder Amishman that he'd discovered that his brand of tobacco was cured with horse manure.

The dawdy replies, "Heck, I thought it was MADE of horse manure, and I still like to smoke it."

After all, we are the people who brought you not just scrapple, but head cheese...

Well, I'm off to dig out the car so that I can get some books back to the library. We got just enough snow to make it annoying, but not enough to close schools or government activities. *sigh* So these books are getting more overdue by the moment...

terrod99
02-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Hi everyone thanks for thinking of me! I have hurt my back ! I don't even know how? Out of shape and overweight probably sums it up! Stayed home from work today, I never miss work. It is a bit better. I think it might be a facet joint, and you pretty much just have to deal with it until it rights itself.

So pitty party for me! Ate 5 chocolate chip cookies yesterday!!! Have been good today, I think I am going to swim at the Y tonight, think it will help my back.

So will carry on and keep moving forward toward my goal!

Terri

Princess1122
02-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Bandit: Enjoy! DH and I enjoyed it very much and did not really go into it with very high expectations... LOL - Adam Sandler is not my favorite but it was really very good and he did a great job! Hey, didn't you go on a date a while back... did I miss it... how did that turn out?

Loopy: OMG! I have not had a good Italian Sandwich or a really good Cheese Steak since I moved out here... oh, I can almost smell them now... LOL! DH is from Cinci Ohio and we go over there for their Octoberfest and such, big German population but it is not the same as PA Dutch... Well, enough about food for now... I am getting hungry!

Judy: Yet, you and I are struggling right now... at least you are not gaining, I am but am trying to control it... hang in there!

bandit2
02-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Hi Princess - yes, I had date last Sunday night and it was fine. It was day
before Valentines & he brought flowers as well. Then he called next 3 days & we talked/talked. I guess he is nice enough, but not for me. Obsessive type fellow & he actually goes to AA & I just think there would be big problems ahead. He called yesterday and we spoke for awhile, but I think next time he calls I will just say I am not interested. But I received email from a fellow I dated last year so might get together with him & see how things go. Looking back, he is lots of fun but I just wasn't ready for fulltime thing. Anyway, we will see. Never a dull moment it seems. In the meantime, I like going out with my girlfriends - we have lots of laughs & so many of them are single as well, so we lots in common.

So, guess popcorn for dinner tonight. Hope it doesn't do too much damage.

Have a good evening, everyone.

Princess1122
02-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Terri: Ouch! Feel better really soon, you are in good company here though, lots of us have back, neck or knee issues... get better soon!

Bandit: Yep, hanging with the women is way less complicated... LOL. Well at least you know that this one is not for you and that is half the battle. Good luck with the re-date that sounds like at the very least it will be fun! Have fun at the movies!

life4evr
02-22-2011, 10:25 PM
Hope everyone had a good day. I am still chugging along barely. I have been doing alot of fill in work for my job so I have been pretty busy and too much fast food since I haven't been making it home. No exercise for me yet, well not outside of working with my clients.

Everyone is talking about food in here. Silly well I am in the south so you all can imagine the goodies I dream about. Speaking of food I am thinking about trying the WW banana pudding recipe but I am hesitant. I grew up on my grandma's banana pudding lol.

Terri sorry about hurting your back. I have back issues myself. Depending on what kind of back injury. A heating pad and motrin were my best friends.

Tomorrow goal is to avoid fast food, at least the burger and fries part.

bandit2
02-23-2011, 10:43 AM
Princess - forgot to mention the book I just finished reading was
After the Mourning by Barbar Nadel (wartime background storey about gypsies)
and just going to start reading The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks.

Movie last night was good - lots of funny parts & of course, I really like
Jennifer Anniston so was fun night out with the gals. I had the popcorn
for my dinner but did bring some of it home for the squirrels today.

Still cold up here but having a sunny day which is nice.

Hope you are all doing well.

Princess1122
02-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! Another very cold day here also... Spring will be very welcome once it arrives for good.

Eating is getting better and I am looking for a partner to meet a the gym for a couple of classes, I think it will help me, it is just too easy to not go when it is just me. I need some motivation!

Bandit: Yep, I like Jennifer A. also! I will look up the book by Nadel, I have not heard of it but am open for almost anything. I have read The Wedding, enjoyed it very much, if I remember correctly you will see a character or two from a previous story of his, it was nice to see that carry over.

Life: Hang in there, I think that a lot of us are struggling right now... it will get better!

Ready for Saturday to get here... LOL - I am going to go to the kids house early to help with the housework, etc and also to get a pot of soup going and then the rest of the gang will join us for our usual lunch and baby time.

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
02-23-2011, 12:12 PM
Hi Turtles,
Went to WW's today but didn't take the accountability to WI. Feeling pretty down. We do so much socially and it seems no matter how much I adjust and figure things out, I haven't been able to shake this weight. The first week on the new Points Plus Program I magically dropped 5#. The next week I dropped 1#. Since then all I have done is gain and I'm back into the low 190's# again. I know the hives don't help and I'll just have to be close to perfect this week.

Good luck to everyone who's doing well. I know the trick is to fake it till I make it, but I've been faking it a long time. Okay----I'm getting to the boardwalk to walk. What has me going is that my ds and family are coming in for the next four days to visit. I'm thrilled about the visit---but the food challenges will be huge. I can do this. I have to plan and prepare for it.

Really, my best to everyone. Bandit, good luck with the possibility of a new fella. Princess, so glad to hear that it's clicking and you're doing better. Terri, hope your back heals. Life4evr---sounds like you're doing better. Aunt Loopy, keep up the good work. Things are clicking for you big time!

Love to all,
Judy

bandit2
02-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Hi Judy - doing lots of socializing and having company really is tough.
Hope you cope the best you can. Sometimes when I know I have overdone things, I put on a pair of really tight jeans that are uncomfortable enough
to keep in mind that I need to lose this weight.
What a battle this is - up/down continuously at times. But don't let it get your down, just try and make some "good choices for you" along the way.

Tonight doing the hot yoga - which I am loving. So nice to find something
exercise wise that we really like.

All - have a good OP day!

Itryharder
02-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah, Bandit. Thanks for the pep talk!!! :goodvibes: I needed it.

Enjoy your hot yoga. Dh and I just got back from our walk on the boardwalk and grocery shopping. I've got a better frame of mind now.
Love to all the Turtles. And.......Keep on keepin' on!
Judy

terrod99
02-24-2011, 07:13 AM
Hi All Still battling the back pain, hoping it will ease up soon! Today would be good.

Princess I find going to the gym I do better alone, I have 3 friends that go all gung ho for a few weeks then they fade away, I like to have the company but when it comes down to it we can only depend on ourselves it seems which is not the way it should be.
Judy I know what you mean about the socializing and food, all of our outings revolve around food, our friends and family love to eat! I have found it a challenge too, they expect you to eat and comment if you don't. It is hard, fill your plate with lots of salad, veggies make it look full and fool them, that you are partaking.
Life hope you beat the fast food battle!!!
Itryharder- I didn't go to my WW meeting last night will go by Sat to weigh in, not sure where the scale will fall this week, I gained last week and am hoping not to do the same this week butnot feeling to good about it, certainly not going to meet my mini goal of 10 lbs by March 1. Will weigh myself at work today (the scale is very close to the WW scale).
Bandit You are so right abouthe up/down battle I think we have to realize that it is normal to go up not just down, glad you have the hot yoga! don't know if I could stand the heat!!! I am not that great at the yoga part either! Weak wrists and I giggle too much!

Hope everyone has a great day, think we are getting some snow for the next few days, just flurries. Temps are a lot warmer so that is nice.

Keep up the good work everyone, we all deserve a pat on the back just for persevering and not giving up !!!

Terri

Itryharder
02-24-2011, 08:41 AM
Hi TUrtles,
Well, my ds and grandchildren arrived last night in time for dinner. They wanted Chinese takeout, so this is what I did: I ordered chicken egg drop soup and broccoli and beef (hold the sauce). I put half the beef and broccoli into half serving of soup-----and holy moly-----it was great! It was filling and low points. I had a few snibbles of the other things they ordered, but this was a good choice for me. Today I started my day off with tea and 1/2banana instead of toast and I'm still full. I'll have my real breakfast around ten o'clock. Gotta run because dgrandchildren are looking for attention, but today should be a better day! :chef:
Terri, thanks for the tips. I'm going to make a nice, big salad right now so it will be ready for me for dinner.

Here's :cheer: and :cheers: for all our efforts. And yes, sometimes we're not perfect, but we keep coming back----or never go away which is even better!!!!! LOL
Love,
Judy

Princess1122
02-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Hi everyone! It is a rainy icky day here today and they are calling for bad weather to come in tonight with low temps and snow and more ice... Spring will be here soon, spring will be here soon, spring will be here soon...

I have my TOPS meeting and W/I tonight, I expect nothing at all because I have not worked for anything this week... food has not been too bad but it could have been a lot better and I could have exercised but did not... all totally within my control... I am feeling very angry with myself but that may be a very good thing! Time to get my butt in gear and get moving!

Have to run!
Princess

Itryharder
02-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Hey Princess, I hear you. Usually when I get down about WW's and my efforts, I almost give up------and then I get angry and then I get going! The get going is when I write everything down, exercise, plan and prepare and lose weight!!!!!! Yay!

Good luck to you.........and of course to all the Turtles.
Love,
Judy

life4evr
02-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Hope everyone had a good day. Just wanted to drop in real quick. I am about to lay it down for the night.

I am still here. I won the fast food fight kinda. I ended up hitting up Subway and I realized I have been eating too much salt lately. Other than that just kind of floating along not really following the program.

Princess1122
02-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! It is a very snowy and super cold day here... trying to get into work this morning was aweful but I made it.

Went to TOPS last night was down .4 lbs which is still way up from my last WW W/I weight but at least it was down. They are in need of new officers at our TOPS location, I guess it is time for elections or something like that... they are really pushing to have the newer people take a turn at it. I may agree to be the secretary or something like that but I am not going to be the president, no way - no how! I agreed to lead one of the upcoming meets to give the leader a break but would not want to do that on a regular basis, I just have too much going on to be effective at it.

Very busy weekend ahead for me so I will not be on the computer much but hope that everyone has a good one and stay warm and safe!

Judy: I know what you mean, ugh, it gets frustrating but we can figure it out! hope you have a great time with your family!

Bandit: I have found a place here that does beginners hot yoga, thinking about trying it, will let you know! Anything going on this weekend?

Life: Hang in there, many of us are struggling right now.

Loopy: Im sure you have a busy weekend ahead so take care and travel safe!

Lizzy: How are you doing? Anything new out your way?

Cherry: How is the moving coming along?

Terri: How are you doing? Any plans for the weekend?

Itryharder
02-25-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi guys,
I'm doing a fast run through.
Princess, :goodscale: :bravo: any weight down is weight down! You'd be a great president, but you really have a million things going on now. Whew!

Having a great visit with my ds and his younger children. His ds and my other grandson visited last night and the kids were up until after eleven o'clock! They had a great time.
Hey-----here's a tip from my WW friend, Grace, who has lost over 230#.
She puts spaghetti squash on her plate, then she tops that with pasta and sauce of one serving. It bulks up the amount of food (not points plus) and she's satisfied. I tried it last night with the baked ziti I served last night for dinner and along with a huge salad, I got through the meal without a huge number of points plus. Thought you'd like to know.
Rainy here----tonight we're celebrating my dd's :hb: with dinner here and a small mystery party. it should be great.
Have a lovely weekend!
Love,
Judy

life4evr
02-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Hi hope everyone had a good day. My eating today has been great. For once I was able to stay on plan. Which is something that I haven't been able to do recently. I also tried cooking my meals again. So today was pretty successful even without the gym trip. I actually have a weekend off for once. I don't know what I am going to do with myself.

terrod99
02-26-2011, 08:28 AM
Hey Everyone! Up another .5 lb, discouraged but not giving up!!! Still having some back pain but keeping moving seems to be the best treatment. Will try aquafit today. Haven't been tracking that is a big problem for me, must get back an the straight and narrow!!!! Focus!

Winter has to be over soon! Damp and cold here, suppose to rain Monday! We need sunshine!!!
No weekend plans husband has been working 7 days a week, which is good he is busy but not much fun. Trying to make some March break plans, do something for a few days younger son is 11, older son may take a few days off work and the 3 of us may go to Toronto or Niagara Falls for a few days. Husband is going to Nashville to a convention for 3-4 days so kind of jealous! His partner's wife will be visiting family in South Africa otherwise I am sure the wifes would have been invited. Would like to see Graceland, Grand Old Oprey. Oh well will have fun with the kids.

So have a great weekend
Terri

bandit2
02-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Hi everyone - busy weekend for me so didn't get a chance to be on computer.

I was up .25# at my tops Thurs evening which I kind of expected with the movie popcorn but still is disappointing to see the scales go up. So have
to behave this week.

Lots of snow yesterday & rain is on its way. Will be glad to put my shovel away this year.

My dd is home for the day and my ex will be visting with us as well. He has
a big operation next week that hopefully will go well. Double bypass on aorta
& in both legs. Will be good to get that behind us.

Just hung out with my girlfriends this weekend which was fun.

All - lets everyone have a great upcoming week.

life4evr
02-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Hope everyone had a good weekend. I throughly enjoyed my weekend off.

Terri and Bandit I am the queen of the minor gains, but don't get discouraged. I have had plenty of them.

So today was my weigh in day. My work schedule was crazy last week and will have the check to prove it in a couple of weeks. So I spent a lot of time eating fast food and not exercising, since I was leaving my clients house exhausted and feeling like I had a major work out. So imagine my suprise when I weighed this morning and lost 2.2#. I was very shocked and had to step on the scale a couple of times to make sure. Needless to say the warning popped up about loosing weight the healthy way and stuff like that.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and a good week tomorrow.

terrod99
02-28-2011, 07:07 AM
Girls March 1st. Tuesday lets get out of the Feb blahs! And make the scale move the right way!! DOWN! Have to get the mojo back, determination!
Trying to syke myself up, I am a good talker if only I would take my own advice!! It is not rocket science eat less (and properly) and move more! We need to make us the number one priority!

Lets have a fantastic week! Exercise, water, fruits, veggies, power foods!!!

Terri

terrod99
02-28-2011, 07:08 AM
Girls March 1st. Tuesday lets get out of the Feb blahs! And make the scale move the right way!! DOWN! Have to get the mojo back, determination!
Trying to syke myself up, I am a good talker if only I would take my own advice!! It is not rocket science eat less (and properly) and move more! We need to make us the number one priority!

Lets have a fantastic week! Exercise, water, fruits, veggies, power foods!!!

Terri-------------- don't know how I did this x2!!!

AuntLoopy
02-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Yeah, let's do it! DH encouraged me to do the WW monthly pass in March, so I'm extra excited to get a look at the eTools.

So now I'm the chaplain of a second nursing home. Yikes! This one is quarantined for MRSA right now. Which was just dangerous enough to actually encourage me to sign on. The activities recruiter called to tell me this, and I was there within an hour, LOL! (So I am a retired firefighter -- I *LIKE* risks!)

So I'm running around like a lunatic, trying to rearrange my schedule. Carrying my goodie bag of bananas, shelf-stable milk, and Nutrigrain bars with me everywhere.

I've never exactly been a layabout (Dutchie farming ancestry and adult ADHD and lupus meet somewhere near the manic end of normal most days), but thanks to WW I'm running strong with no noticeable fatigue till evening. It's a real blessing.

terrod99
03-01-2011, 07:20 AM
Hey Gals! March 1 st. Looks like a lamb here, sunshine, not too cold.
Aunt Loopy I forgot about the etools must check them out. Let us know if there is anything worth checking out! It is so great that you have lost 13 pounds, I am inspired by your commitment!
I made the 1 point chocolate brownie muffins, pretty good all fibre. Very moist, the guys in my house weren't too thrilled! Ha!Ha!
Last night was then end of the winter session for classes at the Y, the instructor was very hard on us, which equalled to a great work out, you wouldn't think that you could sweat while in the pool but you can!!
So feeling pretty good today thought my legs muscles were going to be sore but so far so good. Will go to deep water aqua fit tonight haven't been to it for a few weeks.
So have a great day all!

Terri

Itryharder
03-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Aunt Loopy,
Congrats on picking up another position!!!!! So glad being a WW'r allows you the energy to do this. :goodscale: and :bravo: on your terrific losses. You're doing great!

Hey Peanutt, how are you doing? Always like to hear from you.

Terri, nothing like a sunny day to get your spirits moving! We can do this. We are doing this! :idea: :swim: is so good for you.

Princess, hope you had a good weekend. How's that wonderful grandchild?
:love:

Bandit, here's :goodvibes: for the upcoming surgery for your ex. I'm sure there is stress involved in this for you, your dd, and him.

Cherry, are you moved yet? Here's a :grouphug: to keep you going.

Aliez, are you lurking? LOL. Here's :goodvibes: for you.

My weekend was great and then sad. MY dh and I had the best visit yet with my ds and his children while we celebrated the :hb: of our younger daughter. The kids are growing up and love to visit with us. I really like being around them and I like giving my ds a chance to regroup and catch up on his rest. He works very hard and I like giving him this gift.
My food was decent throughout the stay, but then on Sunday I got a bit of information that was emotionally difficult for me to handle and I had another mini binge. That's twice in two weeks, so I need to get on top of this and see what is the underlying cause. (ooooh----that's a lot of "movement" prepositions, sorry). In any case, my root canal wasn't done completely well and I needed to go back to the endontist to have him fix it. That's like having two root canals on the same tooth. Yuck. Now I hope to get the temp. cap put on tomorrow. I have a feeling this is way more than you need to know! My food was good yesterday. I used the recipe builder in the e-tools section of my WW membership to see what the soups pointed out to. These were the soups I assumed were all zero points since they are made with zero point plus ingredients. Noooooo--the soups were all 1-4 points plus a cup. I even pointed out the famous Garden Vegetable Soup and it pointed out to 1 Points Plus. I sent an e-mail to my leader to see what gives and I hope she can give us a clear sensible answer to this. As I see it, I have to use the recipe builder for each and every food item unless it is fruit or vegetable eaten raw without any additions. I tried these three items: apple, cinnamon, nutmeg------and got 2 Points Plus! I thought it would be zero points since there isn't any added sugar, etc. My leader said that because the fruit isn't as satisfying or crunchy there are points plus assigned to it.
Sorry to go on about this, but I'd really like to get this weight off and I don't want tiny glitches like taking in more Points Plus than I think I am because of misinterpretations of the new program to ruin a weight loss.

Okay---enough! Today is going to be a great day.
Judy
234.6/192?/180's and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
03-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Hi everyone, this is just a quick fly-by to say hello, I will have to catch up with everyone later on. Was home yesterday dealing with a flooded basement due to some really bad storms that came thru our area sunday night so very busy today. Have to run!

FetchLizzie
03-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Hello Turtles - Happy March to everyone.:)

I guess I've been out of touch for a while - no excuse - just not following plan.:?:

I'm headed to my WI as I finish this post. It's been a few weeks - so guess I would call this starting over "again"!:^:

Anyway - I figure the first day of a new month is always good for a fresh start - I'll be in touch soon!:D

Lizzie

FetchLizzie
03-01-2011, 04:54 PM
OK Ladies - back from WI and pleasantly suprised! I am back at where I was after my first WI - so not too bad after all.

So - starting over at 193 pounds:spin:

Lizzie

Itryharder
03-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Hi Fetch LIzzie,
That is great news. I think the WW training gets into our head and when we are "not completely on program" we are still doing pretty well. Glad you had a great :goodscale:! Good to have you chiming in again.
Judy

AuntLoopy
03-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Hi all! Wow, did I find some cool stuff while shopping today!

The DH has been noticing that recovering from his colon-tumor surgery is less painful when he's getting a lot of fiber. Also, he doesn't want to ever go through this again (surgery to remove a fist-sized tumor, which proved to be formerly-malignant but "dead" by the time of the surgery, praise God!). Suddenly he has a very deep interest in the fiber content of foods. And since fiber is one of the factors in lowering the points value of foods, I'm inclined to be interested in it also.

So there's a kind of pasta (Ronzoni Healthy something-or-the-other, I'm not at home right now) that saves a point per serving (4 points for 2 ounces!!) because of the fiber content. Yowza! Also found some whole grain white bread (no points savings, but the DH can't stand dark bread of any kind). And "lite" orange juice from Minute Maid which brings my nightly snack of 1 cup frozen orange juice down to a single point per serving!

Lately I've gotten myself adapted to lite mayo and low-carb tortillas too. So the points bargains are everywhere now.

Also, I don't know if you remember the Weight Watchers bakery desserts (not the frozen ones from Smart Ones; these are usually found either next to the Weight Watchers bread, or near the Twinkies and other boxed pastries) that used to be 1 point. Well, they're only 2 points in the new system, which is quite the bargain also. Much tastier and more satisfying than the meeting-room "mini bars" etc., and less points than the frozen desserts. They're a great way to use up a couple of points after all the healthy guideline boxes have been ticked each day.

Anyways, we are both carb addicts. And Points Plus is designed to lower the daily intake of net carbs. So every bread-type item that we can find in a lower-points version is a blessing to us.

My hubby's eventual goal is to go completely off Metamucil (because what is yuckier than that stuff???) and get his doctor-recommended 20 grams of fiber entirely from food. With careful planning, this is a do-able goal for most days. The fiber-added white bread will encourage him to take his lunch to work also, instead of relying on the cafeteria (which has been a problem in his sticking to the WW program because he gets a little crazy when he eats there, because it's company-subsidized and the portions are HUGE).

Anyways, I had the time to do some real in-depth shopping today (which is fairly rare, given that I am the chaplain to two nursing homes now, plus my church's youth pastor, a "circuit rider" for the local church district, and a clergy continuing-education instructor) and it paid off with lots of new stuff to renew my motivation to stay on program.

terrod99
03-02-2011, 07:17 AM
Hey Turtle Gals !

Aunt Loopy It is great to have time while shopping to figure out the points values, makes for an easier and "lighter" week!

Princess I understand about the water in the basement we have a century home and Sunday was raining all day, so water here too, Welcome Spring!

Lizzie Good for you for staying the same! Great news.

Weigh in tonight hoping for a little loss! I have made so many good changes, I know I have lost inches so won't be upset if the scale doesn't move, Didn't gain the weight over night! But boy it sure motivates you when it does go down!
Found a new snack Presidents Choice Rice tortilla chips chili flavour- the taste just like doritos! Too good, but the guys like them too, so if the bag is open they will finish it, which is good for me! Very yummy. Definitely worth the points 6 for a serving.

So have a great Wed. Girls !

Terri

Princess1122
03-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Hi all and a very happy March Wednesday to you all... this is just another quick fly-by as it is another crazy day here at work and afterwards also... DH has picked up a second job in the evenings doing consulting work for a new company so I will have to pick up his slack at home which is fine it just makes me run a bit faster than I already am... LOL.

I have been reading all of the posts that I can, heres to those of us that are struggling for one reason or another, heres to those that are moving in the right directions... and last but not least, heres to March for finally getting here!

Warm weather will be here soon... where do we all want to be when it finally does get here?... a little lighter, a little leaner, in a little better shape? YES, for me to all of them so I need to get my butt in gear somehow, I have started taking the steps at work... and I work on the fifth floor, but it is a start along with the mid-day strolls in the halls... food has been hard so I have to do SOMETHING to get my mojo back... it is a start.

What are you going to do to get your mojo back?

CherryAutumn
03-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Still lurking guys. Looks like everyone is doing good.

lizzie- I need to start over to.:hug:

AuntLoopy
03-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Heya Princess! Your post reminded me that I get the blahs in winter too. I've been too busy lately to notice (except when I have to shovel the ****) but my DH was all tickled this morning because he noticed that the sun was up when the alarm clock rang. It makes it easier to get moving.

There are two things that I miss in wintertime: (1) taking my dog, who is a retired hunting dog, to a place along the Delaware River where he can swim and bark at the geese and ducks, and (2) when the weather's sunny, my residents all get to go outside to the rose garden. Seeing them all in their sunglasses and straw hats always makes me glad; I keep similar attire in my office and join them whenever I have a free moment at work.

Getting ready for a W/I this afternoon. I'm feeling puffy for some reason. Hoping that it's all in my head, because I've followed the program reasonably well this week. I feel as if I've been looking over my shoulder this week, waiting for something to go wrong in my weight loss, because it's been so consistent lately.

I'm also getting ready to be cleared for an exercise program, and our physical therapy department is itching to get ahold of me! I've never been particularly sedentary for my age/size/health, but neither have I ever "exercised" officially. I've been joining the Alzheimer's patients for chair exercises lately, which actually gets me out of breath if I take it seriously. Can't decide whether it's the pericarditis, or I'm actually getting aerobic! 8)

Itryharder
03-02-2011, 12:10 PM
real fast---I was down 1/2# this WW WI this morning. There is hope that I can lose weight!
Judy

FetchLizzie
03-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Good Morning Turtles -

It is a beautiful day here in Colorado! The sun is shining and I've already been out to the doggie park with my 2 girls for some exercise!:running:

Feeling very positive about getting back on track with PP. And to get my MOJO back - I have a new timeline for reaching my goal weight. We are planning a trip to Hawaii for January 2012:swim: Of course - getting there sooner would be great as well;)

I'm going to visit my Mom next week before I have to go back to work on March 21st.

It's nice to be back - have a great day everyone!:yes:

Lizzie

FetchLizzie
03-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Hey Turtles - I've got to get away from my computer!:o

But wanted to tell you about a recipe that was just on Rachel Ray! She had the Galloping Gourmet on (he and Julia Child were regulars at my house when I was growing up!)

He made a sauce with carrots & fat-free evaporated milk. 1pound of carrots softened in 1 cup ff milk - then puree it for 4 minutes - add a dash of dijon mustard, cumin, chili powder & worcsteshire(sp) sauce. Pour it over cooked cauliflower or pasta - sprinkle with parmesan and paprika and put under the broiler to brown.

It looked delicious! And the only points that I see (if you use cauliflower) is the milk & parmesan! I'm trying this tonight!:carrot:

Lizzie

Itryharder
03-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Hi Turtles,
I've had time to catch my breath and I'm back at the computer.
First off: My WW leader said this: If you are combining zero point plus foods and aren't overprocessing them, count it as zero point plus. Make sure to eat only when you are hungry, and if you have a vat of "something" made up of zero points plus foods, make sure you only eat one serving. I think that makes sense, but I'm going to go easy on the veggies I know have higher calories even though right now they may be zero point foods.

Terri, so glad you've got your mojo back! :idea: :bravo:

Loopy, the WW monthly pass is a great tool. On it you can chart your weight loss and see exactly when you did very well, etc. Also loads of recipes and scientific articles that are helpful. Thanks for all the good shopping you're doing. The tips are great. Also congrats on getting close to being able to :strong: and :exercise:. You're doing great.

Princess, sorry to hear about your basement. I like your idea of thinking ahead to what we want now that we're in March. My mini goal remains to get myself into the 180's on the scale. I hope to do that soon. If I try real hard this week and :tread: I should be able to do that this week.

Lizzie, going to Hawaii is fabulous! Having a year to prepare and think ahead is a plus, I think. It can be your focus for looking your best and being able to do any physical activities you want while you're there. :swim:

Bandit, how are you doing? Sending :goodvibes: for your ex.

I feel great. When I was at WW's a friend gave me a bag of vegetable she had cooked up and shared with me. The first one I tasted and devoured was a cooked mix of diced carrots and turnips and loaded with dill. Absolutely delicious. She simply blended the veggies once she had them cooked and added the spice. I am very lucky to have such a nice group of gals in my meeting. Lots of them are lifetime members and I watched them struggle but reach goal. I can do this too!

Good luck to us all. Have a great day!
Judy
234.6/191.4/180's and thinner :cool:

life4evr
03-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Glad everyone is doing so well. I had one of those days that I just could not seem to get full. I am feeling a lil blah so my iron levels are probably low again. So it was nice outside today, but I couldn't take a walk because the swing in the weather and temperature has my allergies/sinuses messed up.

So still trying to get in some form of exercise and pack for my trip to Tx on Wed. Because I know me I will wait till the last minute and I am scheduled to work till right before I leave.

Off to get some bed. Have a goodnight.

terrod99
03-03-2011, 07:12 AM
Hey All feeling light and airy! Was feeling great yesterday, told myself and the WW leader didn't matter what the scale said, I had a great week food and excercise, if scale didn't move I wasn't going to be upset, so was very happy when it said I lost 2.5 lbs.

The sunshine is sure lifting everyones spirits, there is hope that winter will be over soon! Side walks are icy here, it is going to be above zero the rest of the week so hopefully they melt.

Everyone does seem to have there ups and downs,(scale and life!) we just have to remember that we are not alone we all are travelling this journey together! And we will succeed, we are determined and will not give up, I am doing this! It may take a year or who knows how long but I will keep trying!!!

Have a great Thursday gals!
Terri

Itryharder
03-03-2011, 08:02 AM
Hey Turtles,
We've gotten long, so I'll see you all at #251, Bale of Turtles welcoming March!

Terri, what a great weight loss! :bravo: :goodscale: :balloons: Love your attitude!
Judy
234.6/191.4/180's and thinner :cool: