Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 08:25 AM   #1  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Post IP Daily Chat - Thurs. Feb. 17, 2011

I don't know if I'm suppose to do this, but we need a new chat thread.

Happy IP kind of day everyone!

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
•been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
•AND
•posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

P.S. The Date is wrong!

Last edited by Coloradodivegirl; 02-17-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: EatAnts wanted me to post the usual opening information. Thanks EatAnts
Old 02-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #2  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
I don't know if I'm suppose to do this, but we need a new chat thread.
You can open but you have to close it as well. And the introductory text would be good.

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 02-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #3  

Linden....

Thanks for your help. So whoever opens a thread has to close it, is that right? Can I close someone elses thread? I actually was trying to delete this as it wasnt showing up and I thought it was lost in the thousands of threads. I found the edit, but I couldn't find the delete within edit. It shown up, so I guess all is good.

Have a great day Linden!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:07 AM   #4  
Tracy

S/C/G: 198/169.4/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello Everyone. Has anyone used the orange pancakes? I am disappointed withe them this morning. I mixed them properly but even with some olive oil in the pan, they stuck something terrible. I ended up eating this pile of yuck. Does anyone have any wisdoms with this? I have cooked many pancakes in my day, but these are so terribly thin. Thanks
Old 02-17-2011, 09:09 AM   #5  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!! Home from Alberta and happy to report that while there the only "cheat" was a bit of feta cheese and some olives in a salad. Can't wait for weigh in on Sunday!!

we got Kinect for Xbox and I was playing it last night and was wondering what everyone thinks about it? I know they don't recommend exercise that gets your heart rate up, but I think this might be ok. My heart rate does go up but not much and there is a lot of pausing while waiting for levels to load. all I know is that my arms are pretty sore today!! Have a great Thursday!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #6  

Well poo..... I created this thread before I had my coffee and I put the wrong date on it... OMG... how embarrassing! Someone beat me with IP carmel nut bar! I did edit it, but it didn't change the date on the thread title.

Sorry everyone, maybe I should allow the pros to set up the threads... lol.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:17 AM   #7  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Does anyone know why an excel isn't a legitimate file to attach?

And a food idea: I'm on my way to the movies. Well, a documentary on dance in the Paris Opera house but the same thing if they have popcorn. I'm taking a large yellow pepper (241 g) cut into small, bite-size pieces (1/2" x 1/2") to nibble. I was going to throw the pepper in the lunch omelet but it was so sweet and juicy, decided it would make a good snack.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning to all IPers!!

I feel great this morning and I'm pretty sure I will have a perfect OP day as always HUGE NSV victory this morning. Last summer I remember crying over a pair of capri pants that didn't fit AT ALL. They were too small, but really small. That was a bad day. This morning when I got up, I was feeling great and took out all my summer clothes, and those pants are a bit too big!!! I was stunt!

Most of my weight is in the butt and legs, so for me the pants were always a challenge when I was shopping. I remember crying in the boot while trying some pants. Now I feel better. I love IP. And I'm pretty sure that at my WI of tomorrow I will be in the 140s I cannot wait.

Have a good OP day!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #9  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

[QUOTE=Coloradodivegirl;3716317]So whoever opens a thread has to close it, is that right? Can I close someone elses thread? I actually was trying to delete this as it wasnt showing up and I thought it was lost in the thousands of threads. I found the edit, but I couldn't find the delete within edit. /QUOTE]

Right. If you open it you have to close it, but you can't close anyone else's thread. To close, go to the top of the thread where it says Thread Tools. One of the choices is to close the thread. But it will only appear there for you if you opened the thread. And I'm sure Sheila doesn't mind the help. I just hope she's OK.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:29 AM   #10  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

[QUOTE=Coloradodivegirl;3716317]So whoever opens a thread has to close it, is that right? Can I close someone elses thread? I actually was trying to delete this as it wasnt showing up and I thought it was lost in the thousands of threads. I found the edit, but I couldn't find the delete within edit. /QUOTE]

Right. If you open it you have to close it, but you can't close anyone else's thread. To close, go to the top of the thread where it says Thread Tools. One of the choices is to close the thread. But it will only appear there for you if you opened the thread. And I'm sure Sheila doesn't mind the help. I just hope she's OK.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to answer your second question. To delete a post, not a thread, go to edit, click, and one of the options is to delete. Click that, and then you have to give a reason, or check a box, I forget which and can't do it while I'm posting. But it works if you do the second step. Cheers.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #11  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning!! Home from Alberta and happy to report that while there the only "cheat" was a bit of feta cheese and some olives in a salad. Can't wait for weigh in on Sunday!!

we got Kinect for Xbox and I was playing it last night and was wondering what everyone thinks about it? I know they don't recommend exercise that gets your heart rate up, but I think this might be ok. My heart rate does go up but not much and there is a lot of pausing while waiting for levels to load. all I know is that my arms are pretty sore today!! Have a great Thursday!
I use the Kinect and love it ...great way to get up and moving a bit esp when the grandkids are over. I don't use it regularly enough to know if it messes around with weight loss/heart rates but I do enjoy the Kinect...much more than my Wii.

Good luck on your weigh in this Sunday.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #12  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Well poo..... I created this thread before I had my coffee and I put the wrong date on it... OMG... how embarrassing! Someone beat me with IP carmel nut bar! I did edit it, but it didn't change the date on the thread title.

Sorry everyone, maybe I should allow the pros to set up the threads... lol.
Thank you for opening the thread. I'm sure we can all live with the wrong date....
Old 02-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

Default Egg whites?

Are egg whites okay to eat every day? I`ve been making the pancake out of the cereal packet, with 2 egg whites in it. But got to thinking that maybe I shouldn`t have the egg whites every day? I hate cold cereal so I don`t want to just eat the packet as cereal, but I don`t want to waste it either! Any thoughts on this?
Old 02-17-2011, 09:59 AM   #14  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post
Good morning to all IPers!!

I feel great this morning and I'm pretty sure I will have a perfect OP day as always HUGE NSV victory this morning. Last summer I remember crying over a pair of capri pants that didn't fit AT ALL. They were too small, but really small. That was a bad day. This morning when I got up, I was feeling great and took out all my summer clothes, and those pants are a bit too big!!! I was stunt!

Most of my weight is in the butt and legs, so for me the pants were always a challenge when I was shopping. I remember crying in the boot while trying some pants. Now I feel better. I love IP. And I'm pretty sure that at my WI of tomorrow I will be in the 140s I cannot wait.

Have a good OP day!
Isn’t great when we try some clothes and it is loose rather than tight…..gotta love it! I have always had many sizes of clothing in my closet and what I did several months ago was colour code the clothes that did not fit with green hangers. Every so often I would go through this clothing and try it on…and it is great as I’m down to maybe three / four items left to fit. I probably have no intention of keeping some of these items..but it’s still fun trying on old stuff and fitting into them……it’s even more fun when everything is too big and you just HAVE to go shopping….yippee!! I fell of the IP wagon a few months ago and I’m just starting over today…so I’m really excited to start losing again.
Have a great IP day everyone.

Last edited by meandmax; 02-17-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Well, I am happy to report that I am just a large sponge. After 1 day back on protocol, I am down 5 pounds! So my 15 pound gain in 1 week of vacation doesn't seem so bad! I must just retain a lot of water! Come to think of it, when I had my son, I lost 26 pounds overnight! I'm a sponge HA HA HA HA!

Have a great day!
Closed Thread