Old 02-17-2011, 07:19 AM   #1  
Amanda

S/C/G: 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Belly Fat Cure question

Pardon me for asking this as im sure its listed somewhere but I dont want to buy the book and it was taking me forever to wade through the threads on the issue.

Could someone summarize what a person eats on this diet ? what are good foods and what are no no's? give me like a paragraph or two summary please. From what I have read on it- it seems like tihs would be the diet for me but I want to know the guidelines a bit better first before I dive more into it
jasmtnljj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:53 AM   #2  
.::Loren::.

S/C/G: 184/174.5/135

Height: 5'

You can eat whatever you want, really. But you mmust count your sugar and your carbs. Count each sugar gram individually, and carbs breakdown like this:

0-4g carbs - Don't count
5-20 carbs - 1 serving
21-40 carbs - 2 servings
41-60 carbs - 3 servings
61-80 carbs - 4 servings
81-100 carbs - 5 servings
101-120 carbs - 6 servings

You are allowed 15g of sugar a day, and only 6 carb SERVINGS. So something that has 3g sugar and 21g carbs, would be a 3/2 serving. Something like string cheese is a 0/0 food. Most proteins are a 0/0 food.

My breakfast is two eggs with one laughing cow wedge, and two slices of bacon. This is a 1/0 meal.

This program also wants you to remove artificial sugars from your diet, such as aspartame and such.

I really recommend the book. It gives a good insight to the program. I got mine from the library, and ended up buying both books in a combo pack on Amazon. The second book is a pocket reference for foods, lots of people say it is very helpful.

Hope this helps!
Lnm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:17 AM   #3  
Amanda

I have madea lot of changes that already puts me close to this diet. I just have to stop my sugar binges every 4-5th day. I already gave up artificial sugars as i have learned I get hives from aspartame. Other diets dont work that require me giving up all bread because well its a comfort food and i am breastfeeding and it seems if i try to cut out bread then my milk supply crashes. I found a sample menu for the BFC and it looks like i could easily make it a lifestyle as opposed to a diet!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:33 AM   #4  
.::Loren::.

S/C/G: 184/174.5/135

Height: 5'

I've only been on the program for about a week and a half, maybe two weeks. My rings are starting to fall off my fingers. I love that it is more about making smart choices than denying yourself. If you google Jorge and Me there is a blog that has tons of information. The woman has lost 50 lbs so far and was on Rachael Ray.

Its a plan that really makes sense, too. I keep a little pad of paper with me and everyday I make 15 circles for sugar and 6 circles for carbs. This is how I keep track. It's hard to do in your head. I also make 4 circles for water, as I strive to have at least four bottles of water a day.
Lnm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #5  
Amanda

now with the fact sugars hide in food, how do i know what to count as a sugar? like, spaghetti sauce- will that count as a sugar? I am making lasanga for dinner tonight and can easily pass the noodles to one of my kids but how would I look at the sauce itself?

I am also thinking of making some homemade cheese sticks which will have some breading on it but I have been keeping my processed carbs low all day so i can afford to have a couple- just have to behave myself and not binge on them
Old 02-17-2011, 02:23 PM   #6  
Amanda

okay i got my spaghetti sauce label and it says for 1 serving (1/2 cup) there are 11 grams of sugar. So would this technically be a No-No food ?
Old 02-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

It depends how much sauce you eat. You should have less than 5 grams of sugar in a meal so if the sauce is your only source of sugar in lasagna (doubtful) you could have a bit less than 1/4 cup of sauce. Maybe that's enough lasagna for you, I don't know. Personally I still use pasta sauce on whole-wheat pasta and pizza but I switched to a low-sugar sauce (2 grams per 1/2 cup).
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:38 PM   #8  
Amanda

I was using ************ to count up my food for the day to see what I had left for dinner... well... *coughs* Everything was looking fantastic til I remembered about 1/4 cup of raisins I had with my 3 yr old this morning. 24grams of sugar!! but hey, i ate it before i read about the BFC and now i know so tomorrow I shall not be having anymore!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #9  

jasmtnljj,

My mother and aunts always said that tea increased their milk supply for breastfeeding.
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #10  
Amanda

unfortunately i am allergic to tea. Im not sure if its a certain kind of tea or all tea but i break out in hives
Old 02-26-2011, 10:19 AM   #11  

In regard to BMs, Jorge mentioned that when you are off grains your output decreases. That you should be able to go once in the morning because of biological programming, and that if you feel even a hint of an urge, you should heed it immediately.

That being said eat a big salad, heavy on lettuce, every night to help with the process.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #12  

Default The Fast Track is remarkably SLOW in arriving

Bad News!

The Fast Track release date has changed once again. It was originally promised for the end of last year. Then it was changed to April 2011. It's now been put off till the last week in September!!!

There was a copy of the book that they were doing final corrections on back a few months ago. Wonder what is holding it up?

There was a sign-up to do a 4 week Fast Track with coaching for $200 that started the second week in January. Wonder if they are planning to do more of those as fund raisers before letting the book out?

Given that I preordered the book last summer, and it won't even be out by this one, I am not pleased!