General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 11:48 PM   #1  

Talking Teeth whiteners

OK. As if I didn't have enough to be self conscience about, now all these ads have got me worried about my tooth colour. I have read mixed reviews about the products. Has anyone used anything that works? What was the cost?
Thanks, Karen
Old 12-07-2002, 12:47 AM   #2  

Hi Dajaw,

I recently started using the Crest Whitestrips about a week ago, so I'm only halfway through the box (it takes two weeks).

I bought them on sale at a drugstore, Rite-Aid, for $25.99 US.

I do think it's making a difference already, and am anxious to
see what happens over two weeks. I have heard that improvement really depends on what the nature of your tooth
yellowing might be -- in my case, just years of drinking coffee so
it's pretty minor discoloration.

You can read some other opinions here:

http://www.epinions.com/Crest_Whites...splay_~reviews

Although there is a slight "tingle" at first, it's certainly not
painful and not a big deal as I wear them during my
commute to and from work.

Hope this helps!
Sabrina
Old 12-07-2002, 04:38 PM   #3  

Thanks Sabrina

Iwent to the site you gave and most of the people who gave opinions were positive. I think I might give this a try after Christmas.
Old 12-15-2002, 09:27 PM   #4  
deleted2

Hi! I totally agree with Sabrina. Whitestrips are great; I see a big difference within a few days!

Old 03-27-2003, 03:40 PM   #5  

Default Tooth Sensitivity

I used Rembrant whitening toothpaste about 10 years ago for about 3 months, although I did see some improvement, my teeth became and have remained sensitive to cold. I have had to use toothpaste for sensitive teeth ever since then. I know technology has progressed since the first whiteners have come on the market but I just thought I would share my experience with you.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:54 PM   #6  

Default I've used the whitestrips too

I've used the strips twice and I love them. I got two boxes plus two full size tubes of crest whitening toothpaste for 45.00 a Costco.

I do notice a difference, but it took me until almost the end of the two weeks to see it.. I guess I had stubborn stains. I also wear them to and from work.. the easiest time for me.

I did notice it made my teeth feel more sensitive. It was not unpleasant, just different.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Default They work!

I have used them (Crest strips) and I love them. People tell me all the time how nice & white my teeth are. Mind you I am 27 and just got braces off (Nov) so I had to do something for my new smile!
Old 03-29-2003, 12:18 AM   #8  

Talking Whiteners

See my nice grin?

I found the whitening gel at Wal-Mart for 14.99, but I found the whitestrips for 21.49 there also. In my opinion, the strips are much better; with the gel, it's "paint on" and you can't close your lips for two minutes, nor drink anything for the next hour after that. A real pain in the butt, as one can see.
Closed Thread