Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #1  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Default Lip stains/ make up

anyone using a great one?
I love red but prefer a light looking application. Lately I will pencil my lips with a red liner, very lightly, and put some aquafor over it. ok for now

Would love a stain that stays on and does not dry out my lips. Figured I would try you girls and then head over to sephora's website
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:41 PM   #2  
In the desert...

Um, I hate to admit it, but I have about a dozen lip stains - I am constantly searching for the perfect one! The best one I found was by Bourjois, but they stopped making it - I stocked up but inevitably ran out. My current go-to is Sephora's own brand - it's called Lush Flush Lip and Cheek Stain, and I have it in "red wine" which is described as a deep berry red. It's a gel formula in a tube but with a wand applicator - which I find much easier to control than straight out of a tube. I just bought three more tubes so I can have one at home, one in the car, one in my bag and one for back up. It lasts about 3-4 hours if you don't eat anything oily, so I touch up after lunch and I'm good to go. Like all stains, it's a tiny bit drying so I put lip balm on top.

Others I've tried and had varying degress of sucess with (all from Sephora) are Benefit BeneTint (can NOT stand the rose scent), Tarte LipSurgence in Envy (love it but it's quite dry), Stila Lip Stain in Pomegranate Crush (smells divine, goes on really nicely but on me, it wears unevenly and I end up with a lip ring), and LORAC Sheer Wash (love this but it is a bugger to get onto the lips - I use a brush but the roller ball gets gooped up super easily). I've tried a couple of the drugstore ones as well - Revlon Just Bitten which I liked but the "pen" dries out and I had to really fight to get the color out, and then I think the other was Maybelline's version.

For me it's just trial and error - I am obsessed with finding the perfect one, that is the right color, consistency, doesn't dry my lips, and lasts 12 hours. I may be searching for a long time!
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:10 PM   #3  
needs constant reminding

Thank you for the rundown jules! Awesome personal research and it is appreciated
learned about palladio, drug store brand lip stain. Will try it out this week. Also learned about DIY lipstain-- jello applied w/wet qtip, let sit, wipe off=lip stain Will also try that one!

Last edited by kittycat40; 02-18-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I've used eye shadow/blush with a little chapstick (any other brand of lip balm will work too, as will coconut oil) over top with success. I have the cover girl outlast lip stain, but I hate the way it makes my lips feel, it's way too drying. I usually just go for lipstick now, or a gloss.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/178/150 LW:161

Height: 5'6

I use Cover Girl outlast lip stain and I think it works great! If you put lip gloss, or chapstick which is what I use, over the lipstain it looks great and keeps your lips nice and moist.
vixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #6  
needs constant reminding

thx vixx and cutie
Old 04-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/129/124

Height: 5'6"

Benetint!
upandrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #8  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

I love the Maybelline color sensational stain in 'in the buff' it's cheap and you can get it at target.

I don't put gloss or chapstick over it though, cuz I hate when the wind blows my hair into my lip gloss (girl problems)
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

I just started usign the Benefit Posie tint. It looks scary bright pink- but leaves the lips a nice natural slgihtly berry pink. You can do more coats to deepen the color. It seems to last all day, and doesnt dry my lips out. Since I have lips with no color, it works perfectly to give me a nice pink natural look with one coat, or two coats for a great berry color.
SouthLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 169/124/124

Ooh, this sounds great! I'll be picking this up tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txalupa View Post
I love the Maybelline color sensational stain in 'in the buff' it's cheap and you can get it at target.

I don't put gloss or chapstick over it though, cuz I hate when the wind blows my hair into my lip gloss (girl problems)
Prism21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 110

Height: 60

Thumbs up

hello all friends how are you?
well in my point of view dark colors of lipstick looks cool,lights shads are also good but when you apply light colors then it seems like artificial color.dark colors looks very cool.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote