Old 02-15-2011, 09:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Default Miserable =(

Hi Everyone

Yesterday I decided to go to the doctor after having a fever for 2 days only to find out I have both the Flu and Pneumonia. I skipped getting my Flu shot this year thinking I wouldn't get sick and sure enough, I'm sick! I was put on 5 different medications and was given a shot while at the office. Boy was I miserable last night and barely slept.

I was worried about how I was going to get my daily points in because I ate one single Lean Cuisine (5 Points) and sipped on a large sugar free slurpee throughout the day. I didn't have much of an appetite and I did my best to eat but I was 5-7 points under my daily. I hate when this happens because I'll have a nice loss THEN once I started eating again there is usually a gain which is why I did my best to eat yesterday.

Today I'm heading to my weigh in a day early because I have school tomorrow but I'm not staying for the meeting. I don't think I could even sit for 30 minutes without coughing uncontrollably. I just hope I don't have more than a 2lb loss because that will mean a gain for next week.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

The most important thing right now is to get rid of this flu/pneumonia. Do the best you can point wise and don't worry about nest week. This is a temporary bump in the road.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #3  
Wishful shrinking

S/C/G: 266/235/160

Feel better!
barbaramatafeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #4  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Nothing matters more than you getting well at this point. You can deal with weight loss later. Once you have these type of illness, you are so vulnerable to them again, so be patient and take care of yourself. And congrats on your amazing progress to this point! It is fantastic.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Hope you feel better soon. Your meds will kick in soon and you'll start to get better and feel better.

Remember to throw your old toothbrush away so you don't keep introducing the virus to your system.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

Forget the points and dieting and concentrate on getting better. Pneumonia is very serious, and if you do not baby yourself during the next few weeks, it will linger and zap your strength. I don't know your age, but this happened to me when I was in my late 30s. The doctor told me to stay home for three weeks; I stayed home for one week and did not regain my strength for at least four months.
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaM View Post
Forget the points and dieting and concentrate on getting better. Pneumonia is very serious, and if you do not baby yourself during the next few weeks, it will linger and zap your strength. I don't know your age, but this happened to me when I was in my late 30s. The doctor told me to stay home for three weeks; I stayed home for one week and did not regain my strength for at least four months.
I'm trying to take care of myself, I was so frustrated yesterday because I have 3 kiddos and limited help. My husband had to go to work and both of our mother's refuse to help in any way shape or form, they don't even bother to remember their grandchildren's birthdays. So I had a pretty horrible time trying to get them ready for school and drive them there I stayed in bed pretty much all day and tried to eat what I could here and there but I was so worried about getting my points in. You're right, I should concentrate more on ME rather than worrying about getting all my points in.

I am feeling better today since taking my first dose of Zithromax last night and my inhaler helps tremendously. I probably shouldn't have gone to my weigh in this morning but I didn't stay for the meeting and I was out grabbing some more cough medicine anyhow so I figured to stop along the way. I'm definately taking a week off from the gym, there is no way I could run without coughing constantly.

I'm 30
Old 02-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixC Chix View Post
Hope you feel better soon. Your meds will kick in soon and you'll start to get better and feel better.

Remember to throw your old toothbrush away so you don't keep introducing the virus to your system.

Thanks!! I took my first dose of Zithromax last night and woke up feeling 50% better. I still have a horrible dry cough so I'm also taking Mucinex and using an inhaler. I'll definately remember to throw my toothbrush away and grab some Lysol to kill the germs in here!

I am so ready for summer!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:29 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
Nothing matters more than you getting well at this point. You can deal with weight loss later. Once you have these type of illness, you are so vulnerable to them again, so be patient and take care of yourself. And congrats on your amazing progress to this point! It is fantastic.
Thankyou so much

I'm trying to take it easy and am just relaxing today. Taking a week off from the gym and trying to get as many of my daily points in as I can.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaramatafeo View Post
Feel better!
Thanks!
Old 02-15-2011, 12:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I hope you feel better! Stay hydrated and take care of yourself.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
I hope you feel better! Stay hydrated and take care of yourself.
Thankyou
Old 02-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #13  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Yikes! I second everyone's posts- stay hydrated, rest as much as you can and hope you get better soon!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote