PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 335/TICKER/180

Height: 5'8"

Question Dr says it may be PCOS...help girlies

Hey Girls,
I am 22 years old and have one little girl about to turn 3. With her we did not have problems getting prenant... ha we actually werent even TTC and now we have been TTC for a year. my cycles have been all over the place as long as about 80 days. The Dr did so many labs and everything seems to come back normal. The only thing is the free testosterone is a little high... sugar levels are fine! I get excess facial hair and this has only been going on for about year id say... what do you ladies say could this be PCOS??
aasshhlleeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:23 AM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Maybe -- check out the inciid faq. Esp the dx section -- then you can compare your labs against that? There's also others. But I think inciid is the fullest.

http://www.inciid.org/faq.php?cat=complementarymed&id=2

http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/pcosinfo.html

http://www.womenshealth.gov/faq/poly...y-syndrome.cfm

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 02-15-2011 at 12:25 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I will also add that what I learned from my endocrinologist is that companies like Lab Corp (and now I forget the other one) are not very good for giving results for PCOS patients.

My endo uses a private company that is more precise in the results. It takes longer to get the results, but he feels more comfortable he's getting the right information from my blood work.

Depending on who your doctor is, they may or may not be aware of this and that's why maybe some things aren't showing up. If they specialize in PCOS they probably know all the tests. If it's a general practitioner/primary care, they may not know all the tests that are available to figure out if it is PCOS (see Astrophe's post for more information on that).
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 335/TICKER/180

Thanks ladies
aasshhlleeyy is offline   Reply With Quote