Weight Loss Support - Anyone else freezing???

View Full Version : Anyone else freezing???

Dusti
02-14-2011, 05:46 AM
Hello all,

Is it just me or is this happening to anyone else too? As my weight loss progresses :) I find my hands and feet are always freezing. My whole body is cold but my extremities feel extra cold.

I remember my feet freezing before I had my thyroid checked but after being on my thyroid medication they warmed up. Now they are at it again and I really think it is from the weight loss. Anyone experience this too and how long does it last?

Shmead
02-14-2011, 06:28 AM
My inner thermostat is still screwed up. I have frozen all winter long: when I am home these days I wear two pairs of socks, flannel pj pants, and a thermal with a t-shirt. I used to wear shirt and shorts inside all winter!

southernbelle102
02-14-2011, 06:46 AM
I have had the same thing happen.. I am actually a newborn photographer and I have had to resort to using gloves when on many shoots recently because my freezing hands have woken up a sleeping baby before (not good since I sometimes work over an hour to get them to sleep). I definitely think it has something to do with my weight loss... not sure why that happens though...

kaw
02-14-2011, 07:00 AM
There was just a thread about this in the maintainers section. The general experience seems to be that it (feeling cold) never goes away, even after 9+ years of maintenance. FWIW.

Larry H
02-14-2011, 09:08 AM
It must happen to men also. I find I am wearing a sweater a lot in the house to stay warm. I never used to wear sweaters even outside in the Winter. Obviously my body is changing. My feet get cold and I normally take my shoes off in the house. I may have to buy some slippers to keep my feet warm.

Larry,
---------------
In the Middle Ages, they had guillotines, stretch racks, whips and cahins. Nowadays, we have a much more effective torture device called the bathroom scale. ~Stephen Phillips

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar013/slider-man2/lb/317/143/282/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

synger
02-14-2011, 09:20 AM
I've only lost 50 pounds of the 150 I have to lose, and I definitely feel the difference. I used to be able to wear socks indoors in winter and stay comfy. Now I need slippers too. And I always keep a sweatshirt handy to pull on. When I gave blood the other day I wore short sleeves, but had a sweatshirt as well. Before I got "hooked up", I took off the sweatshirt from that arm, but kept it up over my shoulder and on my other arm. Otherwise I would have been frozen by the time I finished the donation.