Old 02-14-2011, 03:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Default Accountability: I need some!

I was doing amazing with weight loss for a couple of weeks--drinking all of my water, eating all of my veggies, limiting cheese, and the pounds were melting off. The past few days my eating habits have slipped again to not eating a lot of veggies, not getting all of my water in and eating larger amounts of treat foods. This behavior is what caused my short stall in December and I need to STOP it right now!

I removed my meal plan because it's hard for me to stick to an exact food plan. Instead, I'm going to set goals:
at least 3 cups of veggies
at least 100oz of water
1 serving or less of a sweet treat

Last edited by Linsy; 02-15-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217.5/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Good luck Linsy...and you know the veggies and the water are the key! Keep it up you can do this! Happy Valentines Day! I won't give you candy but I will give you a hug
amberbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #3  

Thank you!
I woke up late and skipped breakfast (not unusual, I hardly ever eat breakfast even when I'm losing steadily) but I'm going to go make a stir-fry or chili in an hour or so for lunch. No matter what I end up eating, I'm going to eat little or no sweet treats and at least 3 cups of veggies and 100oz of water. That's what is most important.

Last edited by Linsy; 02-14-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:53 PM   #4  

Today's weight: 224.4
Today's food:
chicken/veggie stir-fry (about 2 cups of veggies and 4oz of chicken)
4 sugar-free candies (they were all different kinds but I'll estimate at 1 carb per candy)
1 slice of zucchini
dinner is going to be spinach/zucchini lasagna with homemade no sugar added sauce and a small salad
I've only had about 30oz of water today but I'll drink about 4 more bottles/glasses before I sleep tonight putting me at around 100oz.

I met my goals today. I had only 1 serving of a sweet treat, 2 cups of veggies at lunch plus the spinach/zucchini lasagna and salad that I'll be having for dinner. I count today as a success!

I also need some self discipline. I've decided that I can have no more than 1-2 pieces of sugar-free candy a week. I've already had 4 pieces today so that's it for the week. I'm going to make it last a long time and make sure it doesn't stall me.

Edit: I was really hungry and I got my free sample of Atkins bars so I had one for a snack. It was delicious but I need to save them. I try to stay away from the bars.

Last edited by Linsy; 02-15-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #5  

I was a pound up this morning. I'm guessing it's probably bloat from the sugar-free candy or all of the cheese in the lasagna.

Today's weight: 225
Today's food:
lunch: spinach and zucchini lasagna and a side salad w/ ranch vinaigrette
dinner: cheese quesadilla on a whole wheat high fiber tortilla w/ a side of stir-fried veggies
snacks: tea w/ a splash of cream

Yesterday I got in about 60-70oz of water. I'm going to start drinking it now and shoot for 100 again.

Last edited by Linsy; 02-15-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #6  

I slipped and had more sugar-free candy! Eek! Hopefully I don't stall from it. Tomorrow is a new day.

Tomorrow's plans:
100oz of water
NO SUGAR-FREE CANDY!
Eat breakfast.

something like this:
breakfast: eggs and bacon
lunch: spinach lasagna w/ salad and ranch vinaigrette
dinner: 2 turkey burger patties w/ a split slice of provolone and a side salad and ranch vinaigrette
snack: hot tea with a splash of cream

I ran out of frozen veggies. I need to buy some more.

Last edited by Linsy; 02-16-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:23 AM   #7  

Slipped and had a piece of sugar-free candy at 3:20 AM. I'm going to count it as yesterday instead of 2/16 just so I don't psych myself out. I think I'm going to put the candy in the freezer so it's more difficult to eat. Right now it's sitting right across the room and it's way too tempting.

Last edited by Linsy; 02-16-2011 at 06:23 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:07 AM   #8  

I'm not a breakfast eater either (and from what I've read, that can be a problem if you're trying to lose weight). Although I eat Atkins style for my evening meal, I drink a protein (30 grams) shake for breakfast and another for lunch. I use the Premier Nutrition shakes (Costco and I'm sure other places too) and the chocolate is delicious! Rich, creamy, sweet and only 2 net grams of carbs. The high protein holds me for hours and the "sweet" satisfies any urge for something sugary. I've had two a day since November 8th and still, I can't imagine getting tired of them. They are that good. I know some people aren't into the "shake" thing but they've really been effective for me. I love having to plan only one meal a day and have something portable and ready to go for the first two meals of the day. It takes all the angst out of figuring out what to have!
firkindness is offline   Reply With Quote