Old 02-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #1  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Default Valentines Day SUCKS!

Alright all you single 20 somethings (and other's who care to pop in). This is the month we all dread due to everything being so lovely dovey over priced and complete ******** because we just don't have anyone who loves us enough to buy us a friggen flower or a box of chocolates. So for everyone who hates Valentines Day here's our thread! You can share some horror stories too if you like. I don't have any horror stories just your generic ******* boyfriends who don't believe in the day because it's a cop out and waste of money...but it's not like they ever did anything night 352 days of the year to begin with. So this valentines day is going to be EXACTLY how it was when I was in a relationship. Loney and boring with no one to show off.

Last edited by junebug41; 02-13-2011 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Language edit
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Haha awww MiZ. I feel your pain. I've never got a Valentine's day present from anyone except my parents (and I'm about to celebrate 3 years with my boyfriend). He's not a bad guy at all, he just doesn't like to celebrate generic holidays. I bought him something anyway, but only something small.
Tonight I will be at home, alone, in bed, most likely watching an episode of The Walking Dead and probably eating some chocolate.
Boyfriend is currently esconced in 15 hour days at university.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Height: 5'7"

Normally in the same boat as you but randomly have a Valentine's date due to Match.com. Yeah. Haha...3rd date. And now I'm just worried about it because there's like pressure (bc I've never had a valentine's date). So even if someone is doing something it's not all that great haha. What to wear? Do you have to get them something too? Things I don't know...because I've been single for ever other V-day and the only guy who ever gave me a present was my Dad...lol.
wibblewobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #4  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Rainbow - Awww and walking dead is it any good? I should really check it out sometime that would be the best valentines days watching zombies!

Wibble - hmm I should have joined a dating site again just to get a date anyways Wear something sexy, as for getting them anything **** no. If they buy you something great if not meh dinner was good enough

Haha my parents always got me V-day presents...though I'm like 3500KM away from them so I got nothing :P
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #5  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

I don't know about you, but as far as I'm concerned, tomorrow's Monday. Period. Dot. Exclamation point. whatever - even when I've happened to be in a relationship when Valentine's Day rolled around, I've always thought it was lame. Anniversaries - not lame. Christmas - not lame. Birthdays - not lame. A made-up holiday where there's societal pressure to prove how much you love your guy (or significant other) by buying them stuff or making some big romantic gesture - LAME
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:52 PM   #6  

wiblle Fun! Just...dress up nice (I guess it depends where you're going!) and as for the gift I actually have no idea :/

MiZ If you like Zombies...I think it's a pretty good show! As far as I'm aware there are only 6 episodes, and I only have 2 left to watch.

My parents got me Disney Princesses chocolate hearts, some 100 calorie hershey pretzel bars and a hello kitty note book. I'm disappointed, the Disney chocolates taste crap! I was even willing to allow room in my calories but they're not worth it!
Old 02-13-2011, 09:54 PM   #7  
doing it this time

S/C/G: 340/310/180

Height: 5'7

The only time my boo ever bought me a gift was 6 years ago when he was cheating on me, he set the standard too high cause now I just get depressed, lol.
Its not such a big deal ill be in class until 11 at night anyways, then me and the treadmill have a date
b rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:58 PM   #8  

spixiet Good points!
Old 02-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #9  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

Happy singles awareness day all!!!
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:51 PM   #10  
Daily Struggle

Height: 5'3

I've never gotten a valentines day present! lol
Last year i was upset because my boyfriend literally ignored me on valentines day... and before that i used to upset cause i was single.
This valentines day i'm single and dont care! i dont really have time to look for a boy, if i find one, than good, if i dont, than also good.
Tomorrow will just be another day
Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:15 PM   #11  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I don't hate v-day but I certainly don't like it, though it's usually just another day to me.
Tomorrow is a whole different ball game for me.. but that's because I start my first day of practicum. AHH scary!
Last year was a bust my bf and I were having problems so we literally didn't do anything (and didn't see each other cuz we lived 4 provinces away)
the year before that he had flowers sent to my work which I thought was sweet.
But as far as tomorrow, I'll be poopin my pants about being in a brand new environment.
Try not to let v-day matter too much, it's just a stupid day made up by chocolate and card companies wanting moneys
torito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 268/260/194

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm single and tomorrow is just another day. I don't think I'm really into Valentine's Day in a relationship, either.

But for war stories, 2 out of the 3 times I've been in a relationship on Feb 14: one boyfriend was weird on V-day and I later deduced that it was because he went and slept with some other girl. The 2nd boyfriend, I was using his internet and his Gmail notifier popped up with the subject line saying "thanks for the flowers!" We were in an open relationship but I figured he would just sleep with people, not go giving them flowers. My mistake! That worked out eventually but didn't do much for V-day's reputation.

With a third guy, my best friend came over so I could help her with taxes and he made us corn chowder that she was hilariously enthusiastic about. So that was fine. But yeah, normally I only mark the day by eating some conversation hearts at some point but I think I'll pass this year.
zizania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 213/202/170

Height: 6'0

Smile

girls i have to disagree with yall. I love valentines day......why? Because its my birthday! Woo hoo! Im 26 tomorrow guys!
oklahomachick26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:38 AM   #14  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Happy Bday Oklahoma!

I'm married, and don't usually think that Valentines Sucks, but I won't be able to spend it with hubby, so boo hoo hoo!

LMBO! By the way, I'm not usually a VDAY hater. Yes its a made up holiday, but so are most of the rest of them to and we rarely complain about those .

Happy Valentines Day to all of you haters LOL. I'm totally j/k btw.
MyBodyisMyTemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:39 AM   #15  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Lol. Happy Birthday, Oklahomachick!

This is the first time since age 15 that I've been single on valentine's day. I was a little nervous about it but so far it doesn't bother me, it is just another day!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote