Old 02-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Red face **Weekly Chat February 14 - February 20**

Hey ladies!

Sorry I can't write much in my intro post for the new week - I'm at work and know I'm being watched.

Weighed in again at 64kg/141 pounds - so much for the 130's! Where did that fleeting glimpse go!!

Hope everyone is enjoying the last of their Sunday or the new week already!

Happy Valentine's Day!!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowstripe View Post

Sorry I can't write much in my intro post for the new week - I'm at work and know I'm being watched
Aw I'm sure the 130s will come back soon!

Not much to report today I guess, going to work (my last monday shift!), got a little list of chores that need doing so might do a couple of those before I go. Happy Valentines everyone!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #3  

Icon I hope so...entering a new decade in pounds is something to look forward to when you can't do it in kilograms yet haha!

~I meant to mention, if anyone is interested, I posted some progress pics in the progress pic thread in 20-somethings and also in the Mini-Goal Photo Album thread under Mini Goals. I was looking at some last night and it finally dawned on me there actually is quite a big difference. I've been waiting for side-by-side visuals like this for ages!

Last edited by rainbowstripe; 02-13-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/191/135

Height: 5 foot 6

Rainbow Congrats on your progress keep in mind the scale isn't always EVERYTHING! Sometimes we can have a slow number loss but our clothes fit better and we feel better.

So, my sister found this "ice cream" it's called Artic Zone it's not really ice cream more like a frozen protein shake, but it tastes quite good like, really good and is only 150 calories per pint! I'm seriously not exaggerating. I feel like this could be quite helpful.
LawGirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #5  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Rainbow - That's awsome!
Lawgirl - hmm I'm totally going to go find some
Icon - Valentines day sucks haha :P

This is the year of returning off my weird ex's haha. My first love (from when I was 17) had been trying to find me and finally found me on myspace which was weird. It's pretty funny he's such an idiot haha I feel bad for his wife that's for sure.

Hmm I don't know what else to say life is boring. I'm itching to step on a scale because I feel and look like I'm at least down to 155...But I could be wrong 14 more days and we shall see.

Last edited by MiZTaCCen; 02-13-2011 at 06:19 PM.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Woops, forgot that you are a day ahead and the new chat is already here! I just posted this on last week's thread.

"HOLY CRAP! I am so sorry I feel off the face of the earth for a few days. Life got a little out of hand/ridiculous..... I won't go into details, but let's just say it involved at least two episodes of shutting myself in my apartment & crying/screaming like a toddler, and one fall on my a$s in the snow.

Despite the fact that I went over on my calories every day last week by 100-200, and did all sorts of horrible eating last night.. I managed to get all my exercise in.

I also achieved a new NSV today: I ran 8.57 miles, without stopping! (Well, except for traffic lights and when I had to hop gingerly through the snow/slush). I'm really happy with this, and it felt good to just run, sing to Lady Gaga, and let my thoughts roll. I absolutely feel calmer now that I've done it. (and, if I can keep it up, maybe a half marathon will be in my future?!)

I've been doing a lot of thinking over the past few days about why I overeat. If I didn't eat as much as I do, I'd already be at goal or past it. I notice that when I start to feel like I have lost control of whatever situation I'm in, I get the urge to snack or binge.

The question now is, what can I do to either replace this behavior, or stop it? Just telling myself "No" doesn't work. I have to figure it out, but I'm at least glad to see the pattern and work through it.

Catch you all in the new chat!
PS-Glad you're ok, fromthebox!"
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #7  
sugar is the devil

Miz if you find some of that Arctic Zone ice cream, let me know. I tried visiting the website to see what retailers in Canada sold it but all there was listed was American stores. Hmm...

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 02-13-2011 at 06:44 PM.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Hey everyone. Awesome weigh in this morning **146.4** but I have a feeling that it's going to be up in the morning because today I had a high-calorie I guess thats what you want to call it..I was within my calorie range but just on the higher end ..I was at 1400 when I am usually being 1200-1300 ...oh well! Got a good hard 31 minutes of working out in today and burned 201 calories ...so I was pretty happy about that.

Today we got to take my daughter to the park because it was beautiful and 60 degrees outside! ....And now that I'm home I'm wondering how it is only 6:00 p.m..I'm so worn out and ready for bed & have class in the morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #9  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I gained 7 lbs/3 kg over the weekend in Seoul. Every day we ate probably 5000-6000 calories of BBQ, junk, candy bars you can't find in Japan, street food, beer, blah blah. It was really enjoyable to just be able to eat whatever I wanted, but the consequences are pretty bad and real. Today I can't button my suit jacket, which was tight when I bought it.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 192.6/ticker/150

Height: 5'6.5

I ate so bad this week, so I am ready for an awesome week this week. I already prepared my salad for tomorrow and everything. I'm also hoping to get out for some afternoon jogs because it's supposed to be high 60's/lower 70s this week and sunny! Sounds delightful! Hope everyone has a wonderful week
Samantha Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #11  

Lawgirl Oh I know haha. Teh scale number doesn't really mean a whole lot to me anyway, it's just another way of measuring the changes. I don't understand my weight really, in comparison to others that weigh similar to me. That Arctic Zone stuff sounds good!

MiZ Your willpower not to weigh is amazing!

FPSJ Congrats on your NSV! That's awesome. Do you sing along out loud while you're running outside? I have no suggestions for your eating thing... but 100-200 over every day doesn't sound too bad... I totally understand the urge to snack and binge. Mine is a boredom thing...but I think I've replaced it with an internet addiction. Seriously, if I have nothing I should be doing (or sometimes even things I should be doing) I spend hours on the internet.

JL Congrats on the weigh in, sounds like you had a nice day with your daughter!

krampus Ouch. It can't all be proper real weight in only 3 days can it? Just get back to it now. Don't let it fully derail you.

JellyBelly Your positive outlook on this coming week is great! I love that you're looking forward to jogging - I'm trying desperately to convince myself that I HAVE to go, because I really don't want to.

~Yup, so I always take weekends off proper exercise - I have almost since the beginning aside from some crazy Saturdays where I got up early to exercise (I guess I could go back to that...) so then I get to Monday and I'm like..oh, right...I have to exercise. URGH. I started off hating it but doing it so regularly...then started enjoying it and doing it still pretty regularly, then I stopped enjoying it as much and my exercise mojo kind of died and I stopped doing it as much as I should. I can't figure out how to get myself to like it again. I know I feel accomplished if I get it done, but getting out there and doing it seems so stupidly hard sometimes.
Take today for an example. I'm at work. I'll be here another 2.5 hours. Then I'll be home by 5.45pm...so I should just get changed right then and there and go out for a jog. But I feel like instead, I want to sit/lie down, check email stuff I haven't checked at work, update myself on the job website and apply for any jobs that look good (something that can take at least 45 mins-hour)...look at rental properties online..yeah. BLEURGH.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Rainbow-- Thanks for the kind words! I do in fact sing out loud, in tone-deaf glory. It makes me smile I'm gonna go take a peek at your pics when I'm done on here!

Lawgirl-- I need to google that ice cream stuff!

Miz-- Ohh no, more boy drama?!

JL-- I'm fighting the sleepies, too. Glad you were able to go outside and play! hehehe

Krampus-- I'm sure a ton of that was from all the sodium. I'm glad you had a good trip and enjoyed yourself... sounds like it was lovely! I bet you're already mapping out your strategy for the week.

JellyBelly-- I ate sooo bad too. I think we can potentially have a great week this week!

Icon-- Happy Valentine's Day to you, too!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:20 PM   #13  

FPSJ Go you haha! I'd be too embarassed I think. Thing is, I actually sing pretty well...but I worry enough about people looking at me as it is, I don't need them to look at me for singing/struggling with breath! Actually I've kind of psyched myself up for my jog after work (1 hour 10 mins left) - only problem is I want to make a new playlist but I know it will take me too long. Need different music to my current playlist, I've been listening to the same 9 songs on my jogs since November!
Old 02-13-2011, 11:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like everyone had a rough weekend. I ate over 4000 calories on my birthday - I counted - and I'm horrified with myself. That is just unnecessary. Can't do anything about it now, but I'm thinking about doing a cheat meal instead of a cheat day until I leave for California. I want to get as low in the 160s as possible by the time I leave & I think that will help tremendously. I did my weights routine yesterday & upped my handhelds to 7lbs each & I was up .2 today. I'm praying it was water retention because I only ate 1600 cals yesterday. OH! And I weighed 2 hours early! Ha! That makes me feel better

FPSJ - I'm sorry you're feeling so down about eating. It's so frustrating because you HAVE to eat - it's not like alcohol or drugs where you don't need them. But it's great that you have been thinking about why you're eating - that's how you learn to stop doing it & redirect.

More personals later - the kid needs to go to sleep!!!
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Rainbow, sorry I haven’t mailed you yet! But I will, I will, and yeah, no worries about how long it takes to get a package together… it’ll take me a while too. I actually saw some bows this weekend and thought about getting some for you.

Madison, about that sweater, lol. well if it’s a “mom sweater” then I totally understand! But you made it sound like it was just too big awww, and don’t beat yourself up for eating too much on your birthday! It’s your BIRTHDAY!!! It’s the one day out of the year when calories don’t count! Haha. In the meantime, you can try to find a way to make your b-day next year a bit less calorific

Fromthebox, oh noes! Sorry to hear about your car how’s it been going since then??

JL, damn girl, I remember when you were in the 160’s with me… I’m still in there… so much for you!! lol. well done.

Krampus, welcome back! No more bingey trips for you now!! For a few months, at least, haha… btw, are we still doing this thing in nagoya in april??

Hey girls! Sorry I was awol for most of the weekend… I ended up being away from my computer for most of it (which is a good thing) and also I ate way too much crap (which is a bad thing )and felt bad about it so I didn’t really wanna come on. Haha. Well not that bad, ate about 1800 calories a day, but there were mini binges in there and then tiny tiny dinners to make up for it, so…. I am hoping to make up for it by being extra good this week (I am also extra broke, so I don’t even have money for food. Seriously.) but I have already eaten a bunch of chocolate today, since it’s valentine’s day. Blergh. Gimme strength!! Not weighing in until Friday again… other than that, not much to report.

Oh wait! NOT TRUE!!! On Sunday I went to Shizuoka to meet up with my friend, but she had totally forgotten that she was supposed to meet me at 1pm (she thought she’d said 3pm) so I was stuck browsing around the shops (with no money, that is EVIL!!) well anyways, I found out there is a ZARA in Shizuoka, and I went in there are tried a few things on, since they have European sizes and all that. I even tried on a pair of short-shorts, just for kicks, I got the biggest size, which said size 40. Now I have no idea wtf a European size 40 is supposed to mean, but then I noticed that next to it, it said US8. And then I was like “oh f*ck, I’m not a size 8!!” but I decided to try them on and… lo and behold! They fit! They were snug, but I didn’t even have to wiggle or like hold my breath to button them. They truly fit!! I was in shock! Of course, I didn’t buy them cuz I’m broke and my thighs still look like giant wobbly vegetables, but still!!! It totally made my day! Lol.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote