Old 02-13-2011, 02:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7

Default Weight loss has stopped. Help!!

I have grown increasingly frustrated the past two weeks. I have been calorie counting since January 3rd, and saw really great progress the first month (as expected). I lost about 12 pounds.

Since the 1st of February, my weight loss has pretty much stopped. In fact, it fluctuates so much that I might have even gained weight.

I eat 1400 calories a day. I eat pretty clean, especially during the week. I NEVER go over my calories (even on the weekends). We do go out, but I always make smart choices. Sometimes I have a glass of red wine, but it is always counted in my calories.

The first month of my weight loss I had a heart procedure so I did VERY limited exercise, just easy walking. One week ago I started the 30 Day Shred and a half hour of speed walking directly afterward to keep my heart rate up. My Polar heart rate monitor says I burn about 500 cals, but I know they aren't amazingly accurate. I'm a student and a nanny during the week so I am not sitting a desk for 8 hours a day.

I would love some help and advice. I am so beyond frustrated and I don't know what to do.

Last edited by nixietink; 02-13-2011 at 02:52 PM.
nixietink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

Assuming that you have the basics covered (weighing/measuring your food for caloric accuracy), and being totally honest with yourself about your intake, then you are working in a significant deficit.

You're losing weight, simple as that.

Okay, first thing to consider is that you won't lose weight the first week you start any real exercise program. Your body is going to store extra hydration for muscle repair (assuming you've experienced some soreness). That water weight will more than counterbalance any scale losses that you would have. That accounts for 7 days of this stall.

So that leaves us with about 5 days where you have experienced no change. When did your TOM figure into all of this? Have you taken your measurements? Any PMS symptoms?

As muscle is built, it will be heavier and there can be that time where it overlaps fat loss for number reduction on the scale.

How are you feeling? Thinner? Fatter? What is your mindset right now?
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katydid77 View Post
Assuming that you have the basics covered (weighing/measuring your food for caloric accuracy), and being totally honest with yourself about your intake, then you are working in a significant deficit.
Yes, I weigh and measure everything. I also track every bite, lick, and taste that goes in my mouth.

Quote:
Okay, first thing to consider is that you won't lose weight the first week you start any real exercise program. Your body is going to store extra hydration for muscle repair (assuming you've experienced some soreness). That water weight will more than counterbalance any scale losses that you would have. That accounts for 7 days of this stall.
I had no clue about this! I have been sore everyday in some area of my body. When can I expect this to level out?

Quote:
So that leaves us with about 5 days where you have experienced no change. When did your TOM figure into all of this? Have you taken your measurements? Any PMS symptoms?
No TOM during the past 2 weeks. Although I am on the 2nd month of a new birth control pill and have experienced a lot of spotting. Not sure if this relates or not. TOM will be here in about a week and a half.

Quote:
How are you feeling? Thinner? Fatter? What is your mindset right now?
I'm feeling pretty good and have a good mindset, except when I step off the scale. I feel thinner and have good energy...just frustrated!
nixietink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

You are doing great then!

Any time I start a new exercise routine, I don't 'count' my weight for at least a week. That's not to say that I don't weigh, but I know that the weight that is showing can be somewhat of a false number.

With how drastic your program is, I would say this makes it a bit longer, but 2 weeks is about the limit of it, so you're right there.

Birth Control is a beast in itself, and I'm sure it's not been helping at all. If you are due for TOM in a week or so, I would say at the very least wait until AFTER your TOM is over for a few days to decide to reevaluate.

Let's be realistic, even with how frustrating this is . . . you KNOW you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. No matter how 'mad' you get, what can you realistically change?

You're making positive changes in your life, and you feel it. Don't let a temporary number on a scale effect how you feel. Just hold out sister
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote