Old 02-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

Default Chocolate Drink

Has anyone seen the chocolate drink/powder that MRC advertised on sale on their fb page? I was wondering if any of you have tried it. I asked if it was a creamy and was told "Hi Karla! Great question! Metabolic Super Chocolate Drink Mix is NOT a protein supplement and does not count as either a clear or a creamy. 2 scoops of this product per day can be used to replace your daily serving of fruit, while 1 scoop per day can be taken simply for the healthful benefits. At your next weigh-in, ask your consultant how this awesome product can be added to your program!"
karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla View Post
Has anyone seen the chocolate drink/powder that MRC advertised on sale on their fb page? I was wondering if any of you have tried it. I asked if it was a creamy and was told "Hi Karla! Great question! Metabolic Super Chocolate Drink Mix is NOT a protein supplement and does not count as either a clear or a creamy. 2 scoops of this product per day can be used to replace your daily serving of fruit, while 1 scoop per day can be taken simply for the healthful benefits. At your next weigh-in, ask your consultant how this awesome product can be added to your program!"
I've been wondering about it as well. I'm thinking I could use it in my coffee maybe?
pbolton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #3  
Lotus in Bloom

S/C/G: 174.5/See tracker/124

Height: 4' 10"

I wonder if it is another version of the super fruit and veggie mix? The veggie mix was terrible. The fruit and veggie mix wasn't a whole lot better. Maybe this is their next version?
hteep123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #4  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hteep123 View Post
I wonder if it is another version of the super fruit and veggie mix? The veggie mix was terrible. The fruit and veggie mix wasn't a whole lot better. Maybe this is their next version?
No, they told me that it only replaces fruit, not veggies. I'd heard the veggie mixx was terrible, but they tried to convince me that the fruit & veggie mix was pretty good. I'm not sure I believe them.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:41 PM   #5  
Wastin' away again...

S/C/G: 200/169/155

Height: 5'8"

I bought it last year when I first enrolled in MRC (so, like a year ago January). I've only used about half of my container. I just make it with one scoop to enjoy like hot chocolate. I've never used it to replace my fruit because I really enjoy eating the fruit lol.
KSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:18 AM   #6  

My center said that they haven't carried it since the beginning of last year. So, there is a sale on an item and most centers don't carry it...grrrr....I wonder if it tastes good.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:48 AM   #7  
Lotus in Bloom

S/C/G: 174.5/See tracker/124

Height: 4' 10"

My center said it is being discontinued so they aren't ordering it anymore. They said it replaces a fruit and most people don't seem to want to replace that so they don't order it.
hteep123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I got some at the center today and you can have 1 scoop per day without replacing your fruit. I put the scoop in my coffee and it made great cappucino. tasted good, so I left one at work and brought the other home.

I like the fruit and veggie versions of this too but I mix the red one in with the peach supp and the green one in with a lemonade supp and they taste great mixed with the supps. I look forward to one every day as they taste like dessert to me, espically the peach and red one. I mix them in my mini blender with ice.
Sherral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:03 AM   #9  

Well I guess that the MRC fb post moderator did their research and found a center "close" to me that has this product. Today I received a phone call from the Daytona Beach center and they are willing to send the product to my center for me. I think I am going to get this product b/c maybe it can satisfy my chocolate craving w/o using a creamy.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:32 AM   #10  

So several of the consultants at my ctr said that the drink alone did not taste good. I'm going to believe them b/c why would they not want the sell? Plus, if it turned out that I liked it and then it is discontinued....that would be a bummer.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #11  
Happy to be a Loser

S/C/G: 283/233/188

Height: 5'6"

My center said that it is being discontinued soon, therefore the "sale".
kelschell is offline   Reply With Quote