Old 02-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

Default 761 too many

For the first time since Jan 1, I went way over my allotted daily calories. It is my boyfriend's birthday. I didn't know where we were going to eat until we hopped in the car and I said "What are you in the mood for?" Outback was the answer. While I know there has to be healthy choices nothing stood out to me as something I wanted to eat and I had 1000 calories still left in the day....so I chose a piece of bread, baked potato soup, an 8 oz sirloin, and a loaded baked potato. Now, I knew all of those were high calorie, and that my only good choice was not choosing my favorite, and very fatty, ribeye steak. When we got home, I ate a 2x1 inch piece of the best cake I have ever made, THEN tallied up the calories. 761 over....to make myself feel better I looked at my average for the week and I am only 120ish over for the week. Oh well, it was good, I counted it, and I will begin again tomorrow. LIFE HAPPENS.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:35 PM   #2  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Like you said, life happens, and it's not like you are going over every day or anything.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:59 PM   #3  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I had a high calorie day last week, and the next day saw a loss. Maybe a high calorie day every once in a while kicks your metabolism up a little.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. It was a special occasion, and in my mind those are fine... as long as you're able to get right back on plan the next day, and I'm sure you'll have no problem doing that.

Hope you and your boyfriend had a great time celebrating his birthday!
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:05 AM   #4  
J.la

Height: 5'0''

I don't think that is bad because it is good to have a high calorie day so that your body doesn't get used to eating a low amount of calories. I think it is great that you have been able to stay under your amount of calories for over a month! Awesome job!
j0lamo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Well last night, I went out with friends for a friend's birthday. I had two margaritas and a shot, so I'm sure that put me well over my calories, but it's not something I'll do every day or even every weekend so I am allowing myself that.
CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:33 AM   #6  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

those choices don't sound that bad to me. maybe a smaller steak. a broth based soup would have less calories. totally get how sometimes their salads don't look good. and sometimes aren't that filling either.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote